130 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

I am making this post to be informative on why we are not yet live testing the Skill update patch. Short answer is the patch has not been delivered to us yet, so we can not begin our testing process with you yet.

More detailed explanation is there were some problems found in Headquarters QA process relating to our skill update patch. I do not know precisely what problems yet, other than they are in process still with working through it. My disappointment is that it took this long for that info to be relayed to us, I don't like promising things that we can't deliver, the skill update patch was supposed to be delivered to us for testing over 2 weeks ago. We made another test server (its hidden until we make it live) just to test this update, but it is delayed. I know how excited everyone is to find out how the balance is going to be after the patch, and many others equally dreading some of the changes that are likely coming.

Us live testing it is a step in the process, next step is making the request to update things that are not liked and getting those built into the next version update. I do not have a delivery date yet for the skill update patch, other than "delayed", so we will go to our plan Bs and focus on cleaning up some old NPC problems that seem to be annoying (like assassin job change and Endless tower bugs etc). We will continue to put many events in to keep things fresh, and also working on future updates like 14.1, Back items, Costume tabs etc.

I don't know this officially, but I have a feeling we overwhelmed them with requests.. 14.1, Skill update, mounts, back items, RWC items, costume tab, the buy it shop trouble and our player made hat. Normally that is about 6 months+ worht of updates that we were cramming into july August September. Our Big iRO plan is to get as close as possible behind kRO as possible so we are no more than 6-8 months behind (which is as close as their QA process realistically allows) we are catching up, we were a full page behind of thier updates, now we are a half page behind, with another quarter page actively in the process queue for updating within 2 months.

You all have been great this summer with your support of our direction, this is the end of the Summer but not the end of our events and striving to get ever better.

October 4
I have not read over all the suggestions yet, because we have been busy working on the preliminary files for 14.1 and Skill balance patch.

So I can talk a bit more confidently about the patch now. The skill balance patch is going to contain other system changes that aren't strictly skill balance related.

This enfolding more things in it that versions have requested is part of the delay, as well as our schedule for 14.1 also created skill balance delay.

But here is the skinny on what we have done.

1. Several community people helped us translate the skill balance description documentation. So now we know what is "Supposed" to happen.

2. We translated the 14.1 and Skill balance descriptions and NPC stuff.

3. Now we are waiting to get the "Build" back so we can put it in and actually see if it runs, and begin testing it for real.

We will be just making sure it "runs" before putting it on our public test server we promised you last month, we will be testing the skill balance patch first, and hope to have it finalized and working by the end of October so we can put it in first thing in November, then 14.1 will be tested and go in a week or 2 after that.

I am hopeful that we will have the public testing up by October 18th. It could be sooner, but I'm not counting on that with the RWC tournament and such going on.

#2 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Surprise

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Good now I can point to this.

#4 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

#5 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for taking the time to explain what is going on, Heim.

#6 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

we should all take a -_- and send it to HQ in korea to let them know what we think of them ^^

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

not cuz that won't be working as intended... xD

Anyway... we have no choice but to wait... I'm pretty sure GM's will know how to keep our hopes high =)

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

So how many coffee mugs have you broken since after throwing them against the wall after hearing about these "Delays" every time?

#9 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Can we please have a 2x drop event since we didn't get the skill balance patch as promised? ;-)

#10 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Can we please have a 2x drop event since we didn't get the skill balance patch as promised? ;-)

Ok.

#11 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Ok.

NOOOOoooo Posted Image it'll be chaos in valk
(-1) HMp!

Edited by geniewinie, 20 September 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#12 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

Heim any new box to test my luck?

#13 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Was there a new town in Ep. 14.1? I don't think I've seen any information about it yet.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

I bookmarked that for future disappointment.

Edited by Akami, 20 September 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#14 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

Was there a new town in Ep. 14.1? I don't think I've seen any information about it yet.

I bookmarked that for future disappointment.

lets jst wish GMs will receive it within this week before the next maintenance. Or, we just have to troll in the gravity forums forcing them to send the fudging test patch

#15 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

not to sure about a 2x drop event while the grove pack is still there but, i guess its fine

#16 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

not to sure about a 2x drop event while the grove pack is still there but, i guess its fine

dude, it's never a good idea to implement something at wrong times.
you gotta have foresight

#17 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

yayyyy thank you heim!

#18 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

well it could go both ways, 2x drop event pretty much means tons of grove pack sells for them too. Even thou i would have prefered a 2x drop event after the groove packs are done, but whatever, a 2x drop event is great, need to farm those mvp cards lol, i really don't give a crap about the rest of the loots

#19 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Lets not make this thread about the potential 2x drop rate xD

Anyway, thanks Heim for keeping us updated, and giving us a bigger picture of what is going on. This way we're not all sitting around expecting the test server to open every time we log in. -_-

But question: After we receive the files and such, about how long will we be testing?

#20 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Overwhelm them more! -_-

#21 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Guess I'll be skipping WoE for even longer, then. Really sick of the bullkrap OP skills and not enough counters/ways to cure them.

Ragnarok has been nothing but a disappointment to me lately. =/ Turn-in events are great, don't get me wrong. But feeling OBLIGATED to log in everyday to do them really burned me out >.o

#22 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Guess I'll be skipping WoE for even longer, then. Really sick of the bullkrap OP skills and not enough counters/ways to cure them.

Ragnarok has been nothing but a disappointment to me lately. =/ Turn-in events are great, don't get me wrong. But feeling OBLIGATED to log in everyday to do them really burned me out >.o

We will miss ur haircut...

#23 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

Egh, I have better things to do on a Saturday night anyways. -_-

#24 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

lol... nuu =S

#25 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

i still want to know the stormblast formula, a rk 1 shoted me, i had full racials reduction gears: fberet, combat knife, valk cranial shield, energie coat and i got 1 shoted..... with 40k hp

Edited by Mefistofeles, 20 September 2011 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users