Where is the Skill update Test patch? - Page 4 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where is the Skill update Test patch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#76 jairo16

jairo16

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Guys stop talking about non-topic things, Heim, can you give us an idea of when the balance patch is coming?,we have been waiting a lot for it. Please give an aproximated date.

#77 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

kRO still hasn't sent all the files over for the balance patch, only the patch notes. There is no way to promise a date when they have no idea when kRO will be finished gathering the files for us. When the files are finally here they need to be localized and inspected to see what actually is in them, they sometimes send things bundled with them that weren't expected.

#78 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

like RWC box 2?

#79 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

kRO's patch management division seems rather disorganized.

#80 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

kRO's patch management division seems rather disorganized.

If only it was just rather disorganized.
My guess is they fire everyone 2 days after they're hired.
idk

#81 Flook

Flook

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:iRO-Ymir

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Honestly more dungeons like ET, but have them set up for people in different share ranges. That way everyone can go through, get some decent gears, make some good exp, etc... Put them on a 12-48 hour cycle. Long enough for people not to camp them all day, but short enough that people can do them more than once a week. I know people will complain about how the MVPs will be over saturated, but honestly that's the best thing I can think of. Like lvls 1-25 for 75-95 lvls 26-50 for 95-115 lvls 51-75 for 115-135 and lvls 76-100 for 135+... maybe alter the mobs so they're more in line with peoples levels. Increase the exp of the MVPs but make the drops halved. Maybe set up one that's half the exp and 2x drops... I dunno just throwing ideas out here off the top of my head to get people to play more and party more.

*Just to clarify, these would be separate from ET... (different dungeons so to speak)

Yea like ED (endless dungeon not erectile dysfunction) O_o

#82 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hiem asked us what we would like to see, Anyone know if he has gone back an looked this over lol?

#83 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Theres been tons of intelligent replies scattered in places where he did that, but we never know if any of it actually gets read, understood, or suggested to kro or whatever O:

#84 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Realistically until we know what kRO actually sends all bets are off, last time I saw some of the translations they included things we were supposed to have yet or never mentioned about certain skills (i.e. they are not in the translated topics from zr0 or Doddler).

We got a bunch of stuff on Friday for the actual db and client files from what I'm told and it is all translated as of this past weekend. So as far as iRO goes we have done everything possible so, now it is up to the dev team. Heim is supposed to make an announcement post of the scheduled time table sometime later today or tomorrow.

Edited by Inubashiri, 03 October 2011 - 01:50 PM.

#85 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

^ To this I say, YES.

#86 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

im happy we at least got the skill icons slipped in a couple months back or whenever that was, was originally part of the skill update i think.

#87 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Im glad we are starting to get some of the stuff.

I had another suggestion for the game that I think should already been in game with all the head gears and cards.
The new upgrade is to +20, shouldnt there be an incentive to take things up to a high lvl (yes i know +20 is virtually impossible, then again back in 02 +10 sounded impossible.)
All the headgears and cards that add a bonus for +7 and +9, should have like a +12-15 and a bonus somewhere around +19 or just make it an epic +20 (would be cool if turned out epic)
I mean, I would prolly go for it if I knew that I could have an amazing cast reduction and bonus if I got to +15 or +20, and some of the hard core players would do the same.

Now I say this BUT, it would have to be balanced and thought out, I mean it would suck if the bonus for something that mainly mages take is the only good thing. Would have to give the great bonus evenly to all things. Or just go off what is already there I guess.

#88 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

it prob will come out by the time diablo 3 will come out, and at that point it wont matter for a lot of people

#89 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Seriously, why does it take so many builds for this stuff to ship?

#90 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

If iRO was the headquarters and kRO was a sub-lease do you think we'd cater to their needs really fast or our own?

The word for today is Politics

Edited by Inubashiri, 04 October 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#91 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

If iRO was the headquarters and kRO was a sub-lease do you think we'd cater to their needs really fast or our own?

The word for today is Politics

As a mod its really sad to see you say things like this.

Actually I bet we would. Why? you ask. Cus we would see that if we kept them caught up we could make more money off of them, You know keep your players happy. Thats what it ultimatly comes down to.

Maybe we need another feed like we they did when warp portal came out and people can ask questions and get answers first hand. Bet there would be a ton of things people would love to know.
Or maybe another thread with QandGMA (gm answer) so we can know the answers to some of these thigns and also it would allow players to know some of thier ideas are taken into account.

#92 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

Whether you agree with me or not isn't the issue, it is what it is unfortunately. You saw what I posted about the buy shops, we mods hear the rants and raving about HQ everyday (well at least a few times a week). It doesn't help that they split our userbase into teeny tiny chunks by licensing new versions of the game in territories we once controlled...

As for a direct hotline that is being addressed as we speak. There is something that I and the mods have been dabbling in as a means to have a set of chat rooms where some gravity staff might be in from time to time (as they have other duties to do as well and can't chat all day). There is also a Q/A thing we're working on that will be in the knowledge base as well as more up to date stuff in the KB too. As for ideas well we've thought of that too and you'll see what I mean soon.

Edited by Inubashiri, 04 October 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#93 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

I have not read over all the suggestions yet, because we have been busy working on the preliminary files for 14.1 and Skill balance patch.

So I can talk a bit more confidently about the patch now. The skill balance patch is going to contain other system changes that aren't strictly skill balance related.

This enfolding more things in it that versions have requested is part of the delay, as well as our schedule for 14.1 also created skill balance delay.

But here is the skinny on what we have done.

1. Several community people helped us translate the skill balance description documentation. So now we know what is "Supposed" to happen.

2. We translated the 14.1 and Skill balance descriptions and NPC stuff.

3. Now we are waiting to get the "Build" back so we can put it in and actually see if it runs, and begin testing it for real.

We will be just making sure it "runs" before putting it on our public test server we promised you last month, we will be testing the skill balance patch first, and hope to have it finalized and working by the end of October so we can put it in first thing in November, then 14.1 will be tested and go in a week or 2 after that.

I am hopeful that we will have the public testing up by October 18th. It could be sooner, but I'm not counting on that with the RWC tournament and such going on.

#94 Orath

Orath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the update Heimdallr~

#95 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Good deal.

#96 Lexanord

Lexanord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

I am hopeful that we will have the public testing up by October 18th.

Hopefully so :rolleyes:

#97 Flook

Flook

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:iRO-Ymir

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

cant wait. thanks alot

#98 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

A Jam for the GMs(in defense) and the naysayers that are quitting this game =o

#99 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

@Heim: Um Heim.. I realized there's like town dialogue errors. Like when you talk to the town guard npc's they will mention *town name* then some random letters or numbers that correspond after the town's name. I just thought you guys might wanna check up on that :3 I remember I saw some other things but I'll post them if I get a chance..

#100 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

right under, next to, whatever of the map add the local time of ragnarok. That would western, but there is a ton of people that this would help with.

Most games have it and I think it would be a fantastic addition to ro.

Agreed. A "server time" digital clock display (digits in white, perhaps with a black outline, if necessary), right above (or perhaps underneath) the minimap would be nice. Of course, make it something that can be turned on/off in the options menu.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users