Help! Super Novice character is stuffed - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help! Super Novice character is stuffed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fokky

Fokky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hi everyone,

My Super Novice character has crazy lag (have like 10 sec lag between the time i click and the time my character actually moves) compared to all my characters and I don't know why. All my other characters are fine so I think they may be something wrong with either my account or my character.

Also when I dual client, if i click somewhere with my super novice, I actually see it move on my other account's character.

Could someone help me solve this problem because right now my super novice is unplayable?

My character's name is SSFokky

Thanks

#2 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

Your computer was using a huge amount of resources which may have caused the lag. Ex: Windows update, Antivirus client update, or perhaps even malware. Check the task manager to see which program is using up all of your resources (RAM).

As long as you don't have 50 different add-ons running on your browser then you should be fine.
Posted Image

#3 Fokky

Fokky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi dienasty,

thanks for your reply but if RAM was the problem it should affect all my accounts an characters. Right now only one of my characters has the lag problem.

Also when i dual client, its on the same computer.

#4 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

It's your computer. I used to have that same problem with my old computer. One of your RO Clients is using more resources then the other (at least that's what i think is) and it's making one client lag while the other is fine. Your computer is either: A) Overheating if you're on a laptop, or B)Don't have enough ram like the first reply posted. If you do have alot of programs open, try using GameBooster. It closes all the most the programs that are not required for gaming purposes.

Edited by Braska, 22 September 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#5 Fokky

Fokky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hi guys you're right about it being my computer since it works fine on my friend's computer.

I googled around and found some suggestions which fixed the problem by disabling TCP delay and setting the priority og Rag.exe to high in the task manager which is RAM related as you both suggested. So thanks for the advice!

Now i can enjoy my super novice =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users