Thank You! XXX Bye and FireXXXX 4 cleaning up pront - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Thank You! XXX Bye and FireXXXX 4 cleaning up pront

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:04 AM

Today when i log in .. 10 minute after the Valk server was up i saw a Pron town was like hell.
Ever squared inches of the road was like this

Posted Image

and during that moment i saw Pries with his alt Wiz were Warping Bots who keep patrolling and warping them away spawning

Spoiler

Spoiler

Check out the time stamp.. how long she was doing it since server was up..

Edit Omit the person name out due to Privacy request ..

Edited by Dukeares, 21 September 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

Sad thing is, as players we find this as something to thank them for.

Yet the GM's are more likely to ban them for "skill abuse" than to ban the obvious gold-spam bots...

#3 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

That was really nice of her/him to clean up Prontera for us. My faith in humanity have been restored.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

Send the screenshot to wapportal support and get them banned for skill abuse. /sarcasm -_-

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

I used to do it all the time, but now I only keep an eye out for the spam bots that sometimes show up in Eden Group. It takes longer to warp all of them away before they'll start coming back to their spots.

#6 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

Urgh... I noticed the once in eden too... THOSE are the ones that need to be cleared out, new players will eventually hit pront but they won't start there. They WILL see eden before prontera in some cases (mage or archer for example)

not only that but eden is small enough as it is, filling it with dead cells because of spambots would be a terrible.

#7 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:27 AM

We should all chip in money to buy something nice for these guys. I'm thinking of getting them a battle manual or a BMx3 since the TI event is still going on.

If anyone is interested please leave your IGN and how much you want to donate below.
I'll chip in with 10M.
We will all meet together in the 2nd floor Eden HQ (near the lounge are) to provide them with that gift at "?" time.
If the time schedule works out well for everyone then we can all meet there in about 6 hours from now?

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

Urgh... I noticed the once in eden too... THOSE are the ones that need to be cleared out, new players will eventually hit pront but they won't start there. They WILL see eden before prontera in some cases (mage or archer for example)

not only that but eden is small enough as it is, filling it with dead cells because of spambots would be a terrible.

That's why I could care less if the GM's end up ignoring Prontera's spam bots. Just get rid of the spam bots in Eden Group first and foremost, considering all the newbies tend to gather there. In this case, I hope to god Heim that he doesn't disable Manhole inside Eden Group.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

i clear up eden every time i log on with my chaser 5 mins later they duplicate lol
make a mvp that kills bot spammers lol
-_-

#10 AdMBrzl

AdMBrzl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

The GMs should set up some sort of reward system for people getting rid of bots (like sending in a ticket with screen shots of you doing it). Those guys did something cool everyone and should be rewarded for it. It could get players participating in cleaning up the servers

#11 AdMBrzl

AdMBrzl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

They could also create a prison system for bots. Something like some random map that you cant warp out of that they can send bots to instead of just silencing them temporarily. They could block their warp skills and any warping items like B/F wings and kafra storage items that would give them access to these. That way when they send there and not worry about them coming back with the exeception of new ones. Yeah its a long shot but its an idea -_-

#12 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

I wanna hurry my bf to level his bard, so we can do a good cleaning, it gets horrible the way in protnera and eden... Also can someone disable shops inside eden...Really is getting ridiculous to not be able to get to second floor without clicking a damn store

Edited by Kiryu, 21 September 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#13 Ekichan

Ekichan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

create a monster/MVP/guard that roams prontera. Kills anyone who talks! :Emo_18: well it is medieval era! :P

#14 Echo

Echo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

You can talk while you're dead though, so I don't think that one would work.

#15 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

good job getting em banned :Emo_18:

#16 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

My friend used to spend hours a day warping bots away in hopes that a GM would go to the area she warped and ban them. It happened once and 100+ bots were banned. But then some sent in tickets and their characters were restored, since I see them in game. =/ After this happening, we decided to not do anything about the bot situation since it's completely futile since GMs are just going to unban them again after hours of hard work of warping them away on bot-heavy maps.

#17 Shinigami777

Shinigami777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

just curious... how do you warp them away? o.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users