Exorcism Bible [1] - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Exorcism Bible [1]

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

As of right now, Divine Cross is the best weapon to wear when going for damage on Arch Bishops. But with the increased potential given to Holy Stick by the Benevolent Guardian hat, I think it's time to consider the Exorcism Bible as a slottable option. It would open up the possibility of wearing the acolyte card set along with the holy stick.

We've been having a lot of turn-ins lately with Demon race monsters in them, perhaps so that Priests can kill wit Magnus Exorcismus. Allowing this item to be slotted would not only relinquish it from its current status as trash, but it would actually become pretty awesome in doing so. Benevolent Guardian of Wisdom, Holy Stick of the Soul, Blessed Holy Robe, Rosary of Chance, Exorcism Bible of Rejuvenation. Why not? It would really be a huge service to offensively oriented Arch Bishops everywhere. It's not completely made obsolete by the Judgement Set either as that only boosts Adoramus and Judex, and cannot be used with the Acolyte card set.

Right now when an Exorcism Bible is found while hunting a Diabolus Ring, the finder immediately has a scorn for it. Why does it have to be this way? I would have a lot more interest in playing Bishop with just the introduction of this one item.

Edited by Brindizer, 21 September 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

I actually support this because I always wanted the book to be slotted for the aco set as well.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

I'm not a fan of card sets but I can agree that exorcism bible is pretty weak. It should just get -15% demon as a set bonus. I mean, its pretty obvious the intent of this item was to sacrifice defense (-30% card) for extra offense (+20% Magnus Exorcismus). However the trade-off is pretty uneven. Spiritual Ring + Clip of Chance + holy Stick + Exorcism Bible = a nice +50% on M.E., but you have little defense. What you're asking for is -30% demon & +10 vit (among other things) damage on top of that. M.E. may be weak enough where that is justified, but who knows.

Might be better idea in the end to just forget this and ask for a bigger AoE and higher damage on Judex, as M.E. is good enough for 1-105 and after that it should be time to move onto a 3rd job skill!

Edited by Jaye, 21 September 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#4 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

I'm not a fan of card sets but I can agree that exorcism bible is pretty weak. It should just get -15% demon as a set bonus. I mean, its pretty obvious the intent of this item was to sacrifice defense (-30% card) for extra offense (+20% Magnus Exorcismus). However the trade-off is pretty uneven. Spiritual Ring + Clip of Chance + holy Stick + Exorcism Bible = a nice +50% on M.E., but you have little defense. What you're asking for is -30% demon & +10 vit (among other things) damage on top of that. M.E. may be weak enough where that is justified, but who knows.

Might be better idea in the end to just forget this and ask for a bigger AoE and higher damage on Judex, as M.E. is good enough for 1-105 and after that it should be time to move onto a 3rd job skill!

judex its not a weak skill, its the magical atack formula.... it was made only for warlocks purposes, any other kind of magic atack non-warlock its sad....

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

with the low matk you can just apply a larger % mod to judex to make it better lol.

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

I really think it might be a bit too powerful if slotted... ME is pretty strong when set up correctly! But Giving it a 10~15% reduct so it matches Divine cross wouldn't be too horrible.

I say this because the amount of demon resistance that can be stacked is pretty insane.

#7 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

I don't see how it would be too powerful. All it does is give Int+1, 3% HP/SP recovery, and a chance to use level 1 Turn Undead when taking damage. Essentially, it just bestows a power similar to Divine Cross, while only increasing the amount of options.

If one wears spiritual whispers, crescent hairpin, holy robe, judgement shoes, spiritual ring and divine cross, one has 60% demon resist (10% + 15% + 10% +25%)

With charming ribbon of wisdom, holy stick of the soul, exorcism bible of rejuvenation, blessed holy robe, clip of chance, spiritual ring, judgement shoes, one has 60% demon resist, albeit with at least 80 more defense from the shield. (5%+15%+10% + 30% set bonus)

Resistant Souls is 25%, Eucharistica is 10%, Eye of Dullahan is 5%

Eye of Dullahan breaks the spiritual ring/clip bonus, so ME damage is lost, but it still works with both sets for 5% damage resistance.

It's possible to hit 100% demon resist on both of these sets. Both sets require an Eye of Dullahan, Resistant Souls, and Eucharistica 10, but with the Exorcism Bible you'd be able to pull it off while still retaining some power in your Magnus Exorcismus, which would otherwise be lost while wearing this stuff.

You'd think the GM team would be all for this, since the Exorcism Bible set would allow for a slotted middle headgear, which I know they love to sell.

Edited by Brindizer, 21 September 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

but there is an ME damage bonus with excorsism bible, right?

I take 1's in DG... And very little damage from almost everything in NI, thats with a divine cross, if I could have that extra few % whilst MEing, I think I'd be invincible

#9 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

It has a 20% damage boost in the set, but the holy stick + bible combo comes out to be roughly the same depending on upgrade levels. Divine Cross is Matk +210, Holy Stick is +140.

The aco set bonus would be Cast Time -10%, Undead/Demon -30%, SP Consumption -10%, Vit+10, EXP+5% and you bless yourself when getting hit.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Which btw I wouldn't mind.

I wouldn't use it with the aco set, I'd be using it with other gear. It's still a large reduct.

Edited by Xellie, 21 September 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#11 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

Well, I'd just like to be wearing the aco set while killing stuff using ME. I can do it anyways, but with a lot more holy sticks and class cards floating around, it'd be a nice perk. I don't think it would be too powerful, but that's like, your opinion, man. My aco set has been unchanged for several years, and it'd be nice to be able to update it to a better weapon than lich's bone wand.

Edited by Brindizer, 21 September 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#12 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

i support this idea!!!

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

Holy Light with Priest Spirit is significantly a lot stronger than Judex.

#14 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

^ lol at tht

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

true tho haha.

#16 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

Indeed. And Holy Lilght also removes KE (quite fun for debuffing people xD). Judex is an "AoE" spell when Holy Light isn't. That's the only difference.

Judex is only a way to waste points for those AB who wanna get Adoramus...

#17 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

I support the OP's suggestion. If you don't wanna simply give the item a slot, it should be at least slottable :Emo_18: Even though I hate the slotting NPCs and their terrible rates.

#18 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

i think its more fair to just boost or give a better effect for the shield, not slotting it.

simply because...its already got a somewhat good effect (just not enough), but simply letting it have a slot also seem to be more on the op side (+1 int, maybe some mvp sura would even switch shield for that.)

#19 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

^ I doubt it.

What is that OP INT shield that Mage/Soul Linker get? Magic Bible Vol. 1?

There is no reason why Exorcsim Bible is not also slotted. :Emo_18: AT THE VERY LEAST, make it slottable.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

I said it before, Xellie repeated it, and I'll say it again. The holy stick/bible set should just give -15% from demons.

#21 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

^ I doubt it.

What is that OP INT shield that Mage/Soul Linker get? Magic Bible Vol. 1?

There is no reason why Exorcsim Bible is not also slotted. :Emo_18: AT THE VERY LEAST, make it slottable.

its similar to why some sura spends hundred's of m's on giant whisper card instead of using basic immune nid for mvping. perfection wise. magic bible is restricted to mage/soul linker already because its known that it would be somewhat to be on op side to be worn by aco classes.

and when you talk about slotting items, you're going to mvp cards topic that may go in the shield. just lots of thing to consider. honestly also, not all items needs to keep getting improved to be better than other; there's always weaker item that exist over a stronger item

#22 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

1 INT is not that big of a deal, dude.

If it was, there'd be less Sura using Fatasm (-4 INT). @_@ There are Suras out there who already do over 1m GFist damage, and I don't think 1 INT means much in that larger scheme. But that's just me.

Edited by Snewt, 22 September 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#23 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

1 INT is not that big of a deal, dude.

If it was, there'd be less Sura using Fatasm (-4 INT). @_@ There are Suras out there who already do over 1m GFist damage, and I don't think 1 INT means much in that larger scheme. But that's just me.

lol fatasm still gives more sp even with the negative int bonus. its used 99% only by suras out there as well. if it didn't give more sp than willow/blue acidus card, there's only prob gonna be 1% of people using it (just to combo it with succubus card, or few SD mechanics).

like i said, its not a big deal, but there are a lot of perfectionist out there; and that'll matter a lot. i dont give a :Emo_18: whether i do 500k or 550k damage if i still take same amount of fist to mvp's, bigger number is always better when mvp's at this moment are as easy as normal monster to tank and kill solo by sura. id probably even buy alice card if exorcism does get a slot, to replace my alice valk. oh, its even got 80 def too.

Edited by Aeroku, 22 September 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

I don't want to take 30% less damage on my ME AB, it would be too strong when combined with the ME boost. 15% would make it on par with Divine cross and add defence (a LOT of defence).... so 15% is a great trade off.

Slot is tooooo much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users