Remove Ygg Seed from Aligators - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Remove Ygg Seed from Aligators

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

This map is filled w/ bots since aligators are an easy kill and it drops ygg seeds. Each time i fly wing in this map i always have at least 3-5 rouge bots in my screen(valk server). It would be very benificial that ygg seed should only be given by mvp or strong a*s high lvl monsters. There will be a lot of QQing that will respond to this proposal since they bot there obviously or why else would u cry.

#2 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

im actually going 50 50 vote on this

yes: bot invasion

no: it keeps the ygg seeds price low. its used a lot in high lvl woe like ales does. unless hp pots/slims recovery are increased, it'll be harder for low lvl guilds to ever keep up with higher lvl's. might miss some detail or info, but hopefully you get my point

#3 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

your reasoning that people would be against it is that they must bot? lol

#4 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

I always hated that reason for letting people bot. oh it keeps prices down. So lame.

Just hope the gms check trade history on the bots and ban the main accounts.

#5 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

So what you're saying is, if someone disagrees with you, they're a botter?

#6 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

yes it will raise the price, but it will somewhat reduce the server population by 100-200 means less lag. Banning the bots does not help. They come back in a day since u only need to be lvl 50-60 to fight gators. Either increase the gators to 120+ lvl/atcks on removed ygg seeds. Im tired of botters

#7 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

There's only 2 reasons why people would disagree: either they are botting there or they don't want the price increase. Enough said.

#8 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

not saying bots should be let free. im 100% agreeing with bots needing to be banned. but like i said, its 50 50. if bots were banned, at least make the seed drop rate higher or put it to more monster as a drop (anything to keep the price of this kind of supply low). seeds/ales supplies are mostly used a lot in woe (and im talking about thousands per woe), and its harder to maintain woe with high price supplies. slims on some char's just is never good enough (not even with regen pot) with high lvl woes.

#9 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

could care less if the price went down or up. it helps certain people have ways to compete in woe/mvp/pvm/etc or just have a general easier time w/o having to buy ales which are a lot more expensive when in the grand scheme of things, slims dont give much.

gms you better keep a close eye on my account, because based on this guy's brilliant theory, i am a clear botter.

#10 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

could care less if the price went down or up. it helps certain people have ways to compete in woe/mvp/pvm/etc or just have a general easier time w/o having to buy ales which are a lot more expensive when in the grand scheme of things, slims dont give much.

gms you better keep a close eye on my account, because based on this guy's brilliant theory, i am a clear botter.

the whole reason everything is overpriced in the first place is because of inflation due to a high bot-population. so letting the bots be for the sake of a lower price for a certain item is... sorry to be so harsh: retarded.

#11 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hunt ygg berries at Hidden Dungeon 3. You won't find any bot there xD

#12 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

Haters will keep hating!!! Keep it up!!!

#13 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'm curious, and correct me if I'm wrong, but can't they just IP ban wherever the bots are coming from?

#14 Chicboy

Chicboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

I'm curious, and correct me if I'm wrong, but can't they just IP ban wherever the bots are coming from?

They cannot IP ban someone they can only ban account(s). They only way they will IP ban someone is when somebody is hacking the sever and shutting it down for fun. Other option to get rid of bots is call to become a member of annoymous. lol

#15 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Actually, removing the yggs from alligators is not a bad idea. As long as those yggs are moved towards other monsters. For example, all Bio3 monsters could have a high drop rate of yggs,instead of dropping like, Carnium(who nobody uses); they could drop yggs at 50%+ rates...

#17 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

This map is filled w/ bots since aligators are an easy kill and it drops ygg seeds. Each time i fly wing in this map i always have at least 3-5 rouge bots in my screen(valk server). It would be very benificial that ygg seed should only be given by mvp or strong a*s high lvl monsters. There will be a lot of QQing that will respond to this proposal since they bot there obviously or why else would u cry.

:P ....... :Emo_13: ........ :D ........

Something about your request seems no good. I've already put my hands on i, but i'll wait for the recount. Too much short change at the moment. :Emo_18:

#18 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

lol obvious troll bait.

changing one drop will have zero effect on the number of bots ingame, they'll just be on a different map.

Everytime people start talking about changing low level drops to "hinder bots" they tend to forget they're hindering new players 10x more.

Edited by Hrothmund, 23 September 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#19 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:53 AM

Just spam some BB's on the map.

Posted Image

#20 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:13 AM

Actually, removing the yggs from alligators is not a bad idea. As long as those yggs are moved towards other monsters. For example, all Bio3 monsters could have a high drop rate of yggs,instead of dropping like, Carnium(who nobody uses); they could drop yggs at 50%+ rates...

yes pls... Bio 1 seen a Good place for them,,,

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

Alligators are near level 60. Lots of the bots who hunt for the things are level 99. Taking the yggdrasil seeds away from the alligators won't change much... They will go to Stem Worms, a level 85 monster.

Removers, on biolabs 1. I believe it would be the best option to add the Yggdrasil Seed drop with the low [0.1%] rate. And stronger monsters with better rates. [Just not Scarab 2, the map being self-recyclable is too much D: ]

They should really drop from high-level maps, because they are high-level items.

To hinder the bots, not ONE map should be removed, but ALL bottable monsters should have the drop removed.

Edited by asayuu, 23 September 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#22 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

^^ why stop there? why not just remove ALL monsters under level 40 so that bots can't level. That'd solve the problem while ignoring all the side effects right?

I can't help but think im forgetting something though . . .

*edit*
lolwait thats what you said, and someone agreed with it. WOW.

Edited by Hrothmund, 23 September 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

^^ why stop there? why not just remove ALL monsters under level 40 so that bots can't level. That'd solve the problem while ignoring all the side effects right?

I can't help but think im forgetting something though . . .

*edit*
lolwait thats what you said, and someone agreed with it. WOW.

Funding bots with well equipped items is easy with the groovie box spamming atm. You should see bots in Yggdrasil, soloing in Rachel Sanct and even at Hillsrion...

#24 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

why do you guys keep on discussing such a topic, when it's obvious that the entire population of player who woe depends on ales, yggs, and slims that these -_-ing botters farm. there's only one way to stop these fudging bots => it's to come up with an idea where we no longer have to kill gators just to get yggs or any of the consumables that each woe-ing guilds vitally needed.Posted Image

#25 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

Alligators are near level 60. Lots of the bots who hunt for the things are level 99. Taking the yggdrasil seeds away from the alligators won't change much... They will go to Stem Worms, a level 85 monster.

Removers, on biolabs 1. I believe it would be the best option to add the Yggdrasil Seed drop with the low [0.1%] rate. And stronger monsters with better rates. [Just not Scarab 2, the map being self-recyclable is too much D: ]

They should really drop from high-level maps, because they are high-level items.

To hinder the bots, not ONE map should be removed, but ALL bottable monsters should have the drop removed.

Or rather, make an Endless Tower like system that only those monsters that drop yggs, ales, and slims are spawning & the requirement is to be at least in a same guild as the party leader and in 12 people-party. how's that? if those botters would farm there, they will be easily spotted & reported.

-------------------
or instead of dropping the consumables, why not that WPS thing where can be traded w/ well consumables of course? is that a coin? wait idk what that is but something like that.

Edited by geniewinie, 23 September 2011 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users