Fixing gladiatoirs gamble - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fixing gladiatoirs gamble

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

Well I have 2 different suggestions for it, first of all fixing the bad buffs:
God of speed (great one)
God of fury (best one)
God of amplification (bad one, but it actually gives something)
God of wrath (BAD ONE, need to be fixed, even if my weapon is level 16, it still gives only like 35% of my 600 base attack or something... imagine for those who does not have an upgrade weapon)
God of cure (come on, only 35 hp every 3 seconds? I have at least 25k and 70k+ in pvp <.<, prolly 200 every 3 seconds or 100 at least)
God of calmess (Havent noticed if its base or max defense, but still I see no changes when I receive it)

My other suggestion is to have the skill (Gamble) in 1/1, then the three divide in 6 pieces, the fury one, cure one, ampli one, wrath and so on... then if you decide to max a skill (you will get the extra bonus and also an extra % to get it, its like that:
when all gamble stats are level 1, the gamble % is 16.6 for each, lets say you decide to max only 1, then it will be 50% chance to get the maxed skill and 10% for each other, if you decide to max 2, then it will be 30% for each of your decided skills and 10% for the others... and son on till you get 16.6% chances on each one....

Forgot to mention, the prize for getting gamble is 5 sp, everything starts at one with it, then every time you want to increase (a max of fourth per skill is 3 sp 4x3x6 = 72 + 5 of gamble = 77 but this considering people will not max all the stuff but the ones they need/want

Thanks for reading my post... I just want to help our class as much as I can with my suggestions, cause even if our attack was buffed, I feel like it wasnt fair, because classes like harlequins, dragoons, and warmages were heavily buffed.

Edited by Astronix, 22 September 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#2 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

i'm having a hard time understanding this, especially the percentage that you mention.

i'm sorry dude, i read it over and over again about 4 times.. i still couldn't get what you mean.

i personally don't have any problems with the gamble. like the skill named, it's a gamble.

because our attack was buffed, it isn't fair? for who?

classes like harlequins, dragoons, and warmages were heavily buffed, on what? atk? i thought it was their skills that got changed/buffed, not their atk.

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

I think your idea about giving users the ability to increase their chances to get a good buff probably won't be very practical in the developers' eyes. However, I can understand your main complaint that some of the buffs are useless and should be changed/buffed -- I believe that's a much more reasonable solution.

#4 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

Sorry mani maybe I didnt explainned well what I was trying to mean... I thought it was good, and Rimmy got it, the point is to changes the % of the skills by getting the skill gamble and upgrading which ability you want, in case this will be a hard work (cause changing % and so other stuff) maybe the first idea was actually better, something like, buffing/eliminate god of cure, calmess, wrath and amplification... so if this would be the winning idea then something like
God of cure: 5% of max hp every 3 seconds
God of wrath: Increase MAX physical attk 10%
God of calmess: Increase max defense 10%

The other suggestion: The point of the suggestion about the % to get a skill was something like, when you get a higher skill the % of each will change so the higher the lvl the higher the chance, keeping in mind that no one will go for all maxed and only for velocity/fury, because both of em are the best of the Gods

Edited by Astronix, 22 September 2011 - 12:09 PM.

#5 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

Sorry mani maybe I didnt explainned well what I was trying to mean... I thought it was good, and Rimmy got it, the point is to changes the % of the skills by getting the skill gamble and upgrading which ability you want, in case this will be a hard work (cause changing % and so other stuff) maybe the first idea was actually better, something like, buffing/eliminate god of cure, calmess, wrath and amplification... so if this would be the winning idea then something like
God of cure: 5% of max hp every 3 seconds
God of wrath: Increase MAX physical attk 10%
God of calmess: Increase max defense 10%

The other suggestion: The point of the suggestion about the % to get a skill was something like, when you get a higher skill the % of each will change so the higher the lvl the higher the chance, keeping in mind that no one will go for all maxed and only for velocity/fury, because both of em are the best of the Gods

I have to disagree with that... Sounds like a bit too much, IMO. 5% every 3 seconds for several minutes is a lot. I'd say 1% every 3 seconds considering the duration. Either that or it's a really short buff... Shorter than or equal to Slow Heal.

And besides, since it's a Gamble, you're not supposed to get only good things out of it. I'm thinking that's why some buffs aren't so good.

Edited by Reviren, 22 September 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#6 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

It's a Gamble. Enough said.

#7 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

I have to disagree with that... Sounds like a bit too much, IMO. 5% every 3 seconds for several minutes is a lot. I'd say 1% every 3 seconds considering the duration. Either that or it's a really short buff... Shorter than or equal to Slow Heal.

you got a point, but, lets consider it with my health, in pve I got 22000 hp with a normal set, that makes 22 per 3 minutes, and thats even worse than 35 every 3 seconds

It's a Gamble. Enough said.

Yeah thats right, but I think some stats should be at least a little buffed, god of amplification do its work, but calmess, wrath and cure are garbage.

#8 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

I don't see the point in buffing God of cure. You're an offensive based class you don't need any heals.

#9 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yeah thats right, but I think some stats should be at least a little buffed, god of amplification do its work, but calmess, wrath and cure are garbage.

EXACTLY. It's a gamble. If all the buffs are good, what's the point? Why not just give them to you by choice?

#10 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

EXACTLY. It's a gamble. If all the buffs are good, what's the point? Why not just give them to you by choice?

well my point is thats only 2/6 maybe half and half... well gladiators were abandonned in the last update, yeah we get some buff but nothing comparing to new dragoons moves and wm buffed, and not to mention the harlequins ones... I was just giving a suggestion.

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

Cause you know the massive Attack buff they got wasn't good or anything

Edited by StormHaven, 22 September 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#12 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

well my point is thats only 2/6 maybe half and half... well gladiators were abandonned in the last update, yeah we get some buff but nothing comparing to new dragoons moves and wm buffed, and not to mention the harlequins ones... I was just giving a suggestion.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think the fact that Gust Slash can hit fallen targets now, is a really great change.

#13 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Myrm buff is fine, needs nothing more you're just short of being op. -- that god of cure idea. What. Just. /WHAT./

#14 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Myrm buff is fine, needs nothing more you're just short of being op. -- that god of cure idea. What. Just. /WHAT./

well what do people suggest, maybe 5% is a high thing, but 1% is lowest than what we get ._.

#15 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

well what do people suggest, maybe 5% is a high thing, but 1% is lowest than what we get ._.

Nah, the lowest would be a set amount. Which is how the skill currently works.

#16 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

None. You're an offense class with more natural bulk than mages...? In before request for all class have healing, op attack, lol air combos, scan hit launches, and stuns

#17 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

IMO, the "gamble" aspect of the skill could remain intact while compromising and allowing for some increases for buffs like God of Cure. Some buffs definitely shouldn't be as useful as others, but if, for instance, GoC was based off of a small % of max HP/MP instead of a flat amount, it would at least prove slightly useful. As an alternative, perhaps buff all of the "useless" Gamble buffs and add another "possible option" for Gamble that would act as a null buff (meaning no buff is applied for that use of the skill) -- so each time you use Gamble, you have a better overall chance of getting a somewhat useful buff, but you also have a slight chance of getting no buff at all.

#18 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

I think the only thing that should be changed is that God of Amplification should give you the max HP and max MP you gained. Kinda retarded it expands your max HP and MP bars but doesn't give you the amount it expanded by. And no, I'm not saying if you had 1k HP left getting God of Amplification would heal you back to full. I'm saying if it gives you say... 5k to your max HP bar, it should give you 5k to your current HP too. Same with MP.

Also, God of Cure is nice for the 35 MP per 3.

Edited by Kazra, 22 September 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#19 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

I just thought of Gamble but in the real term of gambling. Win or lose... Get a very good buff, or get a short and bad debuff! xD

EDIT: I agree with Kazra. Getting an increase of HP and MP but not being able to fill it up due to low recovery renders it useless.

Edited by Reviren, 22 September 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#20 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

I agree with Rim, thats what I was trying to mean, I know its called "Gamble" for some reason, and 35 mp every 3 seconds is good, considering glads usually dont have much, but 35 hp is really little, but meeh... this is just a suggestion.

#21 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Curious just how much do you think harlequins were buffed?

The major changes we got was a new attack skill that filled out what was a huge gap in our abilities, the fixing of rolling stinger (which was originally nerfed because people complained) and a skill that costs HP to cast and restores a little mp

I'm sure some people will disagree with me but I feel the changes to my class just brought us up to a level we should have already been at

#22 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

my overlord have over 33k HP, and 1% is 300 HP every 3 seconds, i think thats a lot..

#23 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

It is gamble. U may get garbage or diamond, depends on your luck. So should not change the "garbage buff". And just for your information, Gamble is already a good buff skill comparing to other buff skill (the better buff skill is bird watching, aiming and storm stepping imo).

Your suggestion about the change of garbage skill is reallyyyy WHATTT!! U want to cheat the God of Dice!!! All side of dice is SIX!!! Especially the god of cure one. Please don't add more class that cant be killed in PvP :Emo_18:. As for PvE, i only have experience playing lvl 44 myrm and almost never use HP pot unless fighting boss. So not needed to be changed. But for high level overlord, dunno about that.

About skill that buff "% of something", i think all of that buff skill, only buff % of base stat (correct me if i am wrong, as i am not that knowledgeable about every class). Making it buff % max stat made player too OP.

So far the only suggestion that make sense is the God of Amplification from Kazra.

May the God of Dice be with you.

(And really curious about how Harle and WM are HEAVILY buffed. So far, i am agree with Ender about Harle thing, and also feel that change to WM just brought WM to the level we should already been at)

#24 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

My point is, amiplification have no really use
the wrath is... well garbage cause its base, I was thinking in 5% at least
cure is... well people say its good, ut for high level its useless, at least for the hp cause the mp does help
calmess... no words for it

and yes, you do need potion when you get to a higher level, harlequins were already a good class and if a player didnt stack mov speed they could easily lock and kill, for warmages, well Ive been fighting some, and considering their level before this change, it radically changed, at least in my point of view.

#25 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Just wondering, what is the difference of lvl 1 gamble and lvl 10 gamble :Emo_18: ? Have asked several myrm/overlord and still has not gotten the answer :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users