Regarding MVP difficulties... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regarding MVP difficulties...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

What's the big secret? Are low-tier ones like Eddga simply not soloable anymore?

I've been playing on and off for many years and it was never like this before, as I literally had my level 106 GX killed in two shots by one of his fire attacks.

I suppose I can assume that the only method here to even dream of surviving him would be to use fire enchanted armor that nullifies damage completely... Has this game reached a point where you must be perfectly geared for fighting anything? I can't see any damage reduction cards or all the MDEF in the world actually make a difference when I'm getting hit for over 6,000 damage in less than three seconds.

Edited by Tybolt, 23 September 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Bomb hurts. You need to wear Fire Armor or, yes, it will eat you alive.

MVP magic attack is kind of broken... Drake's Waterball still hurts even with an Alice Valk and Water Armor.

Gloom and Eddga are the only two that use Bomb, though. Most MVPs are a joke these days, to be honest, you just happened to pick one that does have an attack that packs a punch. =P

Edited by Ralis, 23 September 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

My GX can solo Eddga. Just make sure you have the effects on so you can see the Bomb and Backslide out of it, have Rolling Cutter if he summons slaves so your Flee doesn't get reduced, and Enchant Deadly Poison for maximum damage. :Emo_18:

#4 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Gloom and Eddga are the only two that use Bomb, though. Most MVPs are a joke these days, to be honest, you just happened to pick one that does have an attack that packs a punch. =P

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll try GTB or something then. I'm having a very tough time feeling satisfied with my character until I take down an "easy" MVP.

My GX can solo Eddga. Just make sure you have the effects on so you can see the Bomb and Backslide out of it, have Rolling Cutter if he summons slaves so your Flee doesn't get reduced, and Enchant Deadly Poison for maximum damage. :Emo_18:

The thing he put on the ground isn't even the problem, I can't even approach him without getting shot twice (according to the chat window I got fireball'd or something from his pipe twice for nearly 7k each time) and subsequently killed. I'm assuming since renewal level is MUCH more important than it used to be? I don't even know if I'm even in the territory to even be considering fighting MVPs at this point.

#5 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

Eddga probably used power-up prior to blasting you, which triples his ATK (and MATK since monsters use ATK for MATK in renewal).

Fireball 10 is a 300% MATK attack, so it will do 2500-3500 normally and 7500-10k with power-up, if my math is right.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

A Pasana carded armor or Lucius Fierce Fire Armor should tremendously decrease the effectiveness of Eddga. Always make sure you are working on protection for your armor, not just your garments and shield.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 September 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#7 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

This mvp's dps is less than my natural HP regen, doing under 100 damage before power up(sura, no mental strength). Maybe you're naked?

#8 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

This mvp's dps is less than my natural HP regen, doing under 100 damage before power up(sura, no mental strength). Maybe you're naked?

You would need to be crazy trying to fight a tiger while you are naked...

#9 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

I keep waiting for the cat to pounce on the grass >.>

#10 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

its becouse the base MAGICAL DEFENSE dont reduce magical damage anymore, that makes my 120 int on sorc totally usless against any magic atack from the mvps, thats why you feel they hit strongh, OF COURSE the mvps are broken, but those elite arrogants bastards ales spamers feel easy to kill mvps with their boted gears >_>, the magical defense should work at least in PVM, in PVP/WOE OF COURSE NOT XD the magic formula still sad, im keep waiting for the balance

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

its becouse the base MAGICAL DEFENSE dont reduce magical damage anymore, that makes my 120 int on sorc totally usless against any magic atack from the mvps, thats why you feel they hit strongh, OF COURSE the mvps are broken, but those elite arrogants bastards ales spamers feel easy to kill mvps with their boted gears >_>, the magical defense should work at least in PVM, in PVP/WOE OF COURSE NOT XD the magic formula still sad, im keep waiting for the balance

Please tell me this isn't one of those tantrum moments against mage classes. :rolleyes:

#12 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

Can anyone elaborate? I assume it has to do with Sura being the currently overpowered class and GX being arguably the worst?

Edited by Tybolt, 23 September 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#13 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

Please tell me this isn't one of those tantrum moments against mage classes. :rolleyes:

wow i just didnt know what tantrum means XP, but yes it is... kinda.... before renewal the mageclass had an avantage against non int classes by having the best magical reduction for PvM/PvP thats why the mageclass had a terrible hp pool, high wizards wanst able to reach even 4k of hp XD, but they where able to achieve BESTIALS DAMAGES and instant cast

#14 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Can anyone elaborate? I assume it has to do with Sura being the currently overpowered class and GX being arguably the worst?

actually sura/genetic, idk with updates if genetic will be super overpowered, but sura will be 4 ever the most unbalanced class ever XD
the storm blast from RKs its really awesome too, a well geared one can reach more than 50k damage in woe, and cant be blocked by nothing XP(pneuma doenst block, safety wall doenst block)

Edited by Mefistofeles, 23 September 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#15 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Another question to add into my mix here would be regarding higher tier MPVs like Orc Hero and Mistress -- I'm guessing those are only soloable in the 150 range with the higher ones being group-only?

Keep in mind that the brunt of my RO experience is from the open beta, where a thief with at least 200 red potions could kill Bapho, so suddenly seeing all these simple enemies become weapons of mass destruction is somewhat jarring.

I had a technically-failed battle against Phreeoni, in which I was able to do enough damage and survive long enough to win, but due to spamming Counter Slash and Cross Impact I kept having to stop to regen SP, so I assume if I was spamming blue pots and not giving him time to heal, I would have been successful, so at least I don't feel like my somewhat strange sword and shield build is completely ineffective.

Edited by Tybolt, 23 September 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#16 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Another question to add into my mix here would be regarding higher tier MPVs like Orc Hero and Mistress -- I'm guessing those are only soloable in the 150 range with the higher ones being group-only?

Keep in mind that the brunt of my RO experience is from the open beta, where a thief with at least 200 red potions could kill Bapho, so suddenly seeing all these simple enemies become weapons of mass destruction is somewhat jarring.

I had a technically-failed battle against Phreeoni, in which I was able to do enough damage and survive long enough to win, but due to spamming Counter Slash and Cross Impact I kept having to stop to regen SP, so I assume if I was spamming blue pots and not giving him time to heal, I would have been successful, so at least I don't feel like my somewhat strange sword and shield build is completely ineffective.

my sorc 150 can kill then, actually all classes at level 150 can kill those mvps, wich mvps cant be killed alone: bapho, dark lord, detarderus, any biolab mvp except enigmen cenia, fallen bishop, belzechucknorries, naght sieger, all the other mvps can be killed with proper gears, enough level... but some classes have it a bit more easier, i had seen rangers level 106 killing drake O,O

#17 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

my sorc 150 can kill then, actually all classes at level 150 can kill those mvps, wich mvps cant be killed alone: bapho, dark lord, detarderus, any biolab mvp except enigmen cenia, fallen bishop, belzechucknorries, naght sieger, all the other mvps can be killed with proper gears, enough level... but some classes have it a bit more easier, i had seen rangers level 106 killing drake O,O

I can never understand how melee classes can pull it off, unless a lot of the 3rd job skills scale to level or something. I mean, level 5 Counter Slash is averaging like 5-6k for me, maybe 7-8 with EDP (I think!) and I can't seem to get it higher. I've had better luck as a burst damage cannon by firing off Soul Destroyer while standing in strings, but even then it's still 5-6k, just somewhat rapidly and safe from the MVP itself for the most part. I've tried a few combinations of weapons and icepicks and all that and I can't seem to get anywhere near the 20k+ hits that seem to be needed to have any chance of beating an MVP with over a million HP in any reasonable timeframe.

#18 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

I can never understand how melee classes can pull it off, unless a lot of the 3rd job skills scale to level or something. I mean, level 5 Counter Slash is averaging like 5-6k for me, maybe 7-8 with EDP (I think!) and I can't seem to get it higher. I've had better luck as a burst damage cannon by firing off Soul Destroyer while standing in strings, but even then it's still 5-6k, just somewhat rapidly and safe from the MVP itself for the most part. I've tried a few combinations of weapons and icepicks and all that and I can't seem to get anywhere near the 20k+ hits that seem to be needed to have any chance of beating an MVP with over a million HP in any reasonable timeframe.

many gxs agree that glorious katar its the best weapon gx in pvm/pvp, the only build that worth for gx its the crit class, you can perform about 8k per hit+double atack with the snake+high aspd its about 40k damage per second

#19 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

Don't expect to solo a mvp easily with no shield, agi equips, and no reductions. If you want to tank a mvp, don't go without a shield and max reductions(immune nid, alice valk, elemental armor, glorious ring, etc)

It's not really that gx is underpowered, it's just that shields and shield cards are necessary for tanking.

All mvps are too easy.

#20 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

many gxs agree that glorious katar its the best weapon gx in pvm/pvp, the only build that worth for gx its the crit class, you can perform about 8k per hit+double atack with the snake+high aspd its about 40k damage per second

I don't see the perk to it unless this is only on a demihuman target? Or has this game become so broken that ctrl-click is more effective than skills in the higher level play due to trying to attain a maximum Aspd?

I have been sort of concerned that this game's balance has gone haywire and has also become pay-to-win after seeing quite a few MVP demonstration videos where the user is buffed to hell and back with every single stat food and buff scroll.

Edited by Tybolt, 23 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#21 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Don't expect to solo a mvp easily with no shield, agi equips, and no reductions. If you want to tank a mvp, don't go without a shield and max reductions(immune nid, alice valk, elemental armor, glorious ring, etc)

It's not really that gx is underpowered, it's just that shields and shield cards are necessary for tanking.

All mvps are too easy.

I'm glad you think they are, at least.

I have been using a shield, although I've had the hardest time barely seeing a difference with it. Even with 40% less damage the totals coming out from some of these enemies would still be absolutely ridiculous unless I am doing something horribly, horribly wrong.

#22 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

I don't see the perk to it unless this is only on a demihuman target? Or has this game become so broken that ctrl-click is more effective than skills in the higher level play?

I have been sort of concerned that this game's balance has gone haywire and has also become pay-to-win after seeing quite a few MVP demonstration videos where the user is buffed to hell and back with every single stat food and buff scroll.

thats why i dont playing XP(until balances... i hope) well, all classes except sura/genetic are forced to choice only 1 type of build, the glorious katar still good against all races, and yes... the gx its mainly melee atack now, its not bad at all.... but compared with non-mageclass skills, all thirdclasses can output better dps XP

#23 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

All mvps are too easy.

post NOW a video of you killing katherine keyron MVP NOW, if you cant you fail in your statement

#24 Tybolt

Tybolt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Also in response about the glorious katar, unless I'm reading about this wrong, I still can't comprehend how that could pull off 8k hits, since the double attacks can't crit, I can barely pull off 1k double attacks with my elemental sword, unless I'm expected to have this katar at +20 on top of everything else -- I don't see where that kind of damage output could come from.

#25 xinn

xinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Locationinside ur mind...
  • Server:VALK

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

this is my guide to mvp soloing as a gx
1) To solo an mvp gx way you need 2 do 1 of 2 things one have high flee+the hallucination walk to flee mvp
2) Be able to clear the mobs fast enough that you can flee the mvp. solution (Rofl - RoR Combo) allow fast mob clearing with the +9 kvm katar proc
3) Research the mvp to see what kind of elemental skills he uses then bring the correct set of armor for swaping
4} Be sure to also bring 1-3 res tokens just incase and 10-30 <ygg seeds/berrys/ales) in case things get hairy

with all these steps you should be able to mvp successfully please make sure to also have decent lvl+vit for hp reasons
GL HAPPY HUNTING

Edited by xinn, 23 September 2011 - 07:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users