Regarding MVP difficulties... - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regarding MVP difficulties...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Valk can be 1 shotted.

2x AK carga, bryn, carat FEW, fatasm, 1 meg, diab ring, aliot nid garb, manaful diab boots, lex, 120 str sura, vip buffs, 100 int GK = 2.3-2.4M gfist damage. Don't even need 20 foods, striking buff, imposito. And yah, -1 repping me for saying the truth? what a scrub.

Pics/Vids or it didn't happen.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 25 September 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#52 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Alright currently bbing, if randgris spawns I'll take a shot for the non believers.

#53 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

Eddga is cake if you're smart to evade the bombs he throws everywhere. I've solo'd him on my 115 ranger.

If you ask me, the hardest part about Eddga is killing the damn thing before a sura runs in and steals it from you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIHFaPgW3rk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL3C83F4A7EEABA6F1
I never tought people would QQ about how strong mvp's are /facepalm.

Edited by HRdevil, 25 September 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#54 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIHFaPgW3rk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL3C83F4A7EEABA6F1
I never tought people would QQ about how strong mvp's are /facepalm.

Let's see you do that with a battle Sorcerer next. :rolleyes:

#55 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

Just like I said, no striking, no impo, no +20 foods. And with regards to Naught, do you want me to post a video of myself reading newspaper while reflect killing him?

Edited by Carp, 25 September 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#56 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

Another question to add into my mix here would be regarding higher tier MPVs like Orc Hero and Mistress -- I'm guessing those are only soloable in the 150 range with the higher ones being group-only?

Keep in mind that the brunt of my RO experience is from the open beta, where a thief with at least 200 red potions could kill Bapho, so suddenly seeing all these simple enemies become weapons of mass destruction is somewhat jarring.

I had a technically-failed battle against Phreeoni, in which I was able to do enough damage and survive long enough to win, but due to spamming Counter Slash and Cross Impact I kept having to stop to regen SP, so I assume if I was spamming blue pots and not giving him time to heal, I would have been successful, so at least I don't feel like my somewhat strange sword and shield build is completely ineffective.

Melee + EDP is a GXs friend with the occasional rolling cutter to clear the mobs out once in a while.

I can never understand how melee classes can pull it off, unless a lot of the 3rd job skills scale to level or something. I mean, level 5 Counter Slash is averaging like 5-6k for me, maybe 7-8 with EDP (I think!) and I can't seem to get it higher. I've had better luck as a burst damage cannon by firing off Soul Destroyer while standing in strings, but even then it's still 5-6k, just somewhat rapidly and safe from the MVP itself for the most part. I've tried a few combinations of weapons and icepicks and all that and I can't seem to get anywhere near the 20k+ hits that seem to be needed to have any chance of beating an MVP with over a million HP in any reasonable timeframe.

Again melee / rolling cutter with EDP is your friend. The proc from a +9 KVM that gives you max ASPD helps a lot as well. I've killed MVPs with 1M plus HP ( whatever that ugly newest one is on that volcano) my baby ranger that does 7K / second so a GX getting waht at least 3-4 swings per second should be able to out DPS me there.

Also in response about the glorious katar, unless I'm reading about this wrong, I still can't comprehend how that could pull off 8k hits, since the double attacks can't crit, I can barely pull off 1k double attacks with my elemental sword, unless I'm expected to have this katar at +20 on top of everything else -- I don't see where that kind of damage output could come from.

The katar has a relatively highish ATK as well as bonuses against demihuman. At +9 or higher it has a chance to activate max ASPD for a few seconds. Crits are also calculated BEFORE double-ATK. Basically the calcs go crit > DA > normal attack each swing and stop at a successful roll. Example swing one you miss your crit roll but hit your DA roll, DA goes off and you go to swing two. Swing two you hit your crit roll and go to swing three.

That said, like everyone says, gear for the MVP you want to fight. Orc Hero is pretty easy nowadays actually, I can kill it on my genetic with cart cannon ( 12-14K damage every 2-2.5 seconds or sosince I have no god items and use a shield so don't use the big axe ) with no pots at all if I am fully demi reduc wearing and have 3 base AGI, if a GX can't out DPS me with their fast as hell ASPD + EDP + crits on a single target there is something wrong. I mean even my ( at the time ) 108 baby ranger could solo hero with a handful of fat NPC white pots. Orc LORD on the other hand is a bit more of a pain in the butt because of his Earth Quake hurting a bit plus his archers tend to spread out a bit. Phree you just melee to death, it doesn't really do all that much other than stone curse spam, same with pharaoh... although with him it's not SC it's coma / dark blessing ( takes you to 1 HP instantly ).

TL;DR version: gear up for what you want to fight, both DEF wise ( armor mostly ) and offensive wise ( good weapon + EDP ) and get to know the MVP you want to fights skills. And party a bit for MVPs, a FS class really cuts down on your pot usage somehow.... especially at lower levels, once you reach mid 120's you should be able to solo quite a few MVPs with easy.

#57 Takayukes

Takayukes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

Posted Image

Just like I said, no striking, no impo, no +20 foods. And with regards to Naught, do you want me to post a video of myself reading newspaper while reflect killing him?

ouch dude,-_- out of an armor.

#58 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:47 AM

Yah, randgris' revenge for 1 shotting her.

#59 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image

are you using god items? becouse i was waiting this, this is how broken are the overpowered classes >insert names here< funny thing that asura strike still as the most powerfull skill, where i dont find problems at all, keep farming then you godly kid >.<, becouse theres no a good item that gives 40 DEX for rangers/wanderer/maestro or 40 INT for mageclasses >_>

#60 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

1 meg and a bryn, those are the only gods used though a godly mvp card is involved, Lady Tanee shoes. I didnt say there are no gods involved, I'm just pointing out that MVPs nowadays are easy. Can even kill randgris using only morph set and bryn no megs, no tanee/sleipnir involved, 2 shots. If 2 shotting is hard, I dnt know what to say.

#61 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

I think Ktul's waterball hurts the most... And if your not breaking BBs, and hunting a MvP, choose your gears cause you have the time... And don't forget to bring extras...

And 2 shot Rangris? What class skill and weap?

Edited by sv003, 26 September 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#62 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

use water armor against waterballs. I switch to water armor from bryn after landing a fist and switch back again to bryn mid fisting then pop a seed before your fist lands. If ur not a sura then default water armor when fighting ktul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users