Is that legal to monopoly market price like this? - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is that legal to monopoly market price like this?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#26 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

or some of the sellers could meet up and make a big monopoly out of the entire system and rule the games market and economy by buying out the competitions HG and then selling it ever so slightly higher :rolleyes:

#27 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

Very sorry to say that, I'm very lazy and not free to report such a case.. I just found this special so I post it here to share. Unless WarpPortal reward us something when we report, else..... :rolleyes:

The kind of attitude you displayed above, "I'll report if you reward me", that is what is wrong with the world today. People like you see something dodgy or questionable and look the otherway unless you have something to gain by it. Good job! /saurcasm.

I maintain what I've always said, "all evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing"

When people about the state of the game, many of the problems are a result of people like looking the other way.

#28 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

If these dudes want an Inflation then let them go ahead, i will still sell mine for 650k Ea

#29 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

#30 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Just wonder is that legal to monopoly the game market in this way? Understand this is normal in real world, but real life you can't monopoly the market for certain product such as water, rice, flavour, salt etc.. Because this is a daily need for human.. This guy try to push HG price from 750k to 1.2m... Which is a kill for the game market... By the way, envy on him that he got around 30++billion just to buy all this HG... Wondering how he gain so much zully... :rolleyes: :( :)

Posted Image

The only thing questionable is the fact that it's not me doing it. LOL.

Controlling and messing the markets up is MY job...others need to leave the chaos to the professionals.

There's nothing wrong with it...SOMEBODY needs to counteract the idiocy of tools like LittleMar(rest erased to adhere to forum rules) who for some reason play the game to make as LITTLE money as possible(and ensure that others around them do as well). There are too many people(insert small minded little boys) around Crune right now who react to the tiniest of price changes in their search to buy like 10 more of something at the cost of losing half their profit. Buying a stack of 50k items and selling them for 51k is just idiocy.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 24 September 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#31 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

There's nothing wrong with it...SOMEBODY needs to counteract the idiocy of tools like LittleMar(rest erased to adhere to forum rules) who for some reason play the game to make as LITTLE money as possible(and ensure that others around them do as well).

I have a whole lot of respect for people like that, You shouldn't be able to make 10m-100m per day + doing b/s - The people that do buy and sell; out of trying to keep a stock for people to always buy, and to always sell, and to make marginal profits while doing so, are the people that I respect the most, they're doing something for the community, not for themself.

I have wanted to make a b/s for catalyst, buying for the same price I was selling, but the supply/demand I believe would be an issue.

Edited by CaNehDa, 24 September 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#32 irvind

irvind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

The kind of attitude you displayed above, "I'll report if you reward me", that is what is wrong with the world today. People like you see something dodgy or questionable and look the otherway unless you have something to gain by it. Good job! /saurcasm.

I maintain what I've always said, "all evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing"

When people about the state of the game, many of the problems are a result of people like looking the other way.

If you play maple story before then you will know that their report system is very easy. Clicked on a player then you can see their info together with a report button. If you suspect they botting etc, just click that button and case close...

For rose you need to SS, go imagehack upload, login report system to type, explain etc. Not because of reward or lazy, it's because of I pay my money to play this game, why should i go and help them monitor their server if I'm not rewarded? Am I so free to spend money and work for someone? If you own a company, are you going to hired a staff that earn salary from you but always need your help to complete his task? I saw alot players botting in prison and ruin, but if I need to SS, upload, login, type a report etc... Why should I waste my time on this if I gain nothing? People bot until level 220 in 1 day also not my business, why should I bother it and waste my time right?

#33 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

I have a whole lot of respect for people like that, You shouldn't be able to make 10m-100m per day + doing b/s - The people that do buy and sell; out of trying to keep a stock for people to always buy, and to always sell, and to make marginal profits while doing so, are the people that I respect the most, they're doing something for the community, not for themself.

I have wanted to make a b/s for catalyst, buying for the same price I was selling, but the supply/demand I believe would be an issue.

No offense Canehda but you're a little shallow in your view of all the components of a particular problem sometimes.

Shouldn't be able to make 10m-100m per day as commanded by who? You? The GM's? God? Saying that someone's profit SHOULD be something other than what they make possible is pretty dumb...hard work deserves whatever amount of zulie you can make.

Respect for what? Making it so people can't earn a living? The economy is so out of control it's horrible! Items regularly selling for 1-10 BILLION now...

You don't consider the other side of the coin either(the biggest) which is the material SELLERS....when prices get driven down, the farmers suffer and if they suffer enough, they quit. When they quit, no materials and trust me...there are some things which are not getting farmed enough right now.

Respecting people who shred both the farmers profits AND the profits of people who work hard to make their zulie is...well I'll stop.

Your post smacks of jealousy in wanting to PUNISH people who do better than you...

#34 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

LoLOL TeaBagger hahaha

#35 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

No offense Canehda but you're a little shallow in your view of all the components of a particular problem sometimes.

Shouldn't be able to make 10m-100m per day as commanded by who? You? The GM's? God? Saying that someone's profit SHOULD be something other than what they make possible is pretty dumb...hard work deserves whatever amount of zulie you can make.

Respect for what? Making it so people can't earn a living? The economy is so out of control it's horrible! Items regularly selling for 1-10 BILLION now...

You don't consider the other side of the coin either(the biggest) which is the material SELLERS....when prices get driven down, the farmers suffer and if they suffer enough, they quit. When they quit, no materials and trust me...there are some things which are not getting farmed enough right now.

Respecting people who shred both the farmers profits AND the profits of people who work hard to make their zulie is...well I'll stop.

Your post smacks of jealousy in wanting to PUNISH people who do better than you...

Hard work? You open a shop 1nce a week (unless dc' issues) and you leave it there and make zullie from it; I don't believe people should make outragious amounts of money doing nothing but b/s.

I respect people that try to make it so that others cannot profit VASTLY from doing so, because it means that the people that are farming, get the top dollar for their matts, and the people that are buying, pay nearly what the farmers sold it for.

If I had a computer I could dedicate to running shops, tailsmans/bindrunes/apatrop would be sold for what its worth, with full bourg disscount(+1 zullie), same with food - pots would cost what it cost to make, with discount(+1 zullie).

Why would I do such a thing? - The soul purpose that everyone can buy stuff cheap, conveniently all in Junon.

Would I want to do it in an aspect to screw the people over that' have been profiting off it for far to long? Kinda...

Edited by CaNehDa, 24 September 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#36 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hard work? You open a shop 1nce a week (unless dc' issues) and you leave it there and make zullie from it; I don't believe people should make outragious amounts of money doing nothing but b/s.

I respect people that try to make it so that others cannot profit VASTLY from doing so, because it means that the people that are farming, get the top dollar for their matts, and the people that are buying, pay nearly what the farmers sold it for.

If I had a computer I could dedicate to running shops, tailsmans/bindrunes/apatrop would be sold for what its worth, with full bourg disscount(+1 zullie), same with food - pots would cost what it cost to make, with discount(+1 zullie).

Why would I do such a thing? - The soul purpose that everyone can buy stuff cheap, conveniently all in Junon.

Would I want to do it in an aspect to screw the people over that' have been profiting off it for far to long? Kinda...

Who decides what's vastly? I'm sure my view of vastly is different from yours...how can ANYONE decide that???

Set a store up like 8 times a week over the period of ohh...lets say just a couple months and you will TRULY understand what work inside of Rose is. It's monotonous, it's mind melting, it's frustrating, it's angering and I can keep going. It's far from FUN and most times now it's really not even worth it.

How would you like it if I come out and KS you...I mean it's ok to share xp, isn't it? I now respect people that KS or otherwise harass Canehda.

The point is that in your view, people can write their own personal rules and/or do things to harass others.

PS> I made a fair bit this week in profit. Should people harass me because I do well?

Respecting people who damage things only encourages them to damage more things. The game is screwed up enough as it is without people poison pilling certain components of it.

#37 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

If you play maple story before then you will know that their report system is very easy. Clicked on a player then you can see their info together with a report button. If you suspect they botting etc, just click that button and case close...

For rose you need to SS, go imagehack upload, login report system to type, explain etc. Not because of reward or lazy, it's because of I pay my money to play this game, why should i go and help them monitor their server if I'm not rewarded? Am I so free to spend money and work for someone? If you own a company, are you going to hired a staff that earn salary from you but always need your help to complete his task? I saw alot players botting in prison and ruin, but if I need to SS, upload, login, type a report etc... Why should I waste my time on this if I gain nothing? People bot until level 220 in 1 day also not my business, why should I bother it and waste my time right?

I rest my case on your above comments. So you have time to come into the forums and complain but not the time to put in a report? Not much more to say if you wittness all kinds of abuse but can't be bothered to put in some screen shots or reports. Your attitude is what is wrong with the current generation of kids, they have to be rewarded to do a good deed or they can't be bothered.

If anyone has a right to complain, it is me, who has put in many many reports since I started back in 2005, yet I have seen a substantial number of them apparently dismissed or ignored. For example, I've put in countless screen shots and reports of very offensive characters names in the game, and weeks, even months later see that same character running around like nobodies business. I can't say all the people at Gravity don't care, that wouldn't be fair, but some don't seem to. Either that or some are simply out of touch with what is considered decent in our world and they have sucumbed to a much lower standard of decency. That hasn't stopped me from continuing to put in reports - the only reason I haven't much in the past 6 months is I haven't been in game all that much to wittness various things.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 24 September 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#38 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

If anyone has a right to complain, it is me, who has put in many many reports since I started back in 2005, yet I have seen a substantial number of them apparently dismissed or ignored. For example, I've put in countless screen shots and reports of very offensive characters names in the game, and weeks, even months later see that same character running around like nobodies business. I can't say all the people at Gravity don't care, that wouldn't be fair, but some don't seem to. Either that or some are simply out of touch with what is considered decent in our world and they have sucumbed to a much lower standard of decency. That hasn't stopped me from continuing to put in reports - the only reason I haven't much in the past 6 months is I haven't been in game all that much to wittness various things.

Coffee...it takes 10 consecutive reports about the same person before they do something about it. If you report anyone else in between, they get confused and then you have to start over again and do the 10. Surprising but sadly true.

#39 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Coffee...it takes 10 consecutive reports about the same person before they do something about it. If you report anyone else in between, they get confused and then you have to start over again and do the 10. Surprising but sadly true.

The way the GM function is very confusing and inefficiency. I would suggest them reconstruct their policy with a clear path to handle the complain/ticket in every situation to increase the efficiency and avoid unnecessary confusion.

#40 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

--The GMs did not post how they handle tickets anywhere, Champ.

#41 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

who knows maybe change is in the air~ :rolleyes:

#42 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

Who decides what's vastly? I'm sure my view of vastly is different from yours...how can ANYONE decide that???

Set a store up like 8 times a week over the period of ohh...lets say just a couple months and you will TRULY understand what work inside of Rose is. It's monotonous, it's mind melting, it's frustrating, it's angering and I can keep going. It's far from FUN and most times now it's really not even worth it.

How would you like it if I come out and KS you...I mean it's ok to share xp, isn't it? I now respect people that KS or otherwise harass Canehda.

The point is that in your view, people can write their own personal rules and/or do things to harass others.

PS> I made a fair bit this week in profit. Should people harass me because I do well?

Respecting people who damage things only encourages them to damage more things. The game is screwed up enough as it is without people poison pilling certain components of it.

You're seriously going to try to compare someone providing more zullie for their hard farmed matterials, and selling it at a marginal profit, to someone KS'ing someone in game?

#43 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

You're seriously going to try to compare someone providing more zullie for their hard farmed matterials, and selling it at a marginal profit, to someone KS'ing someone in game?

No, I think the main problem is TeaBager is abusing the full inventory trick to artificallly inflate his Lisent Hg's price. According to the last discussion between players (including GM), such action is classified as abuse/scam/ill-manner, which can result account banned. The second problem is the legitimacy of his Lisent. As Zep said, the amount of Lisent Hg that he has is possible but very questionable.

#44 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

--The GMs did not post how they handle tickets anywhere, Champ.

That is part of the problem. According to my experience, in most case, the GM team forces it's cases on players without giving any evidence. The information about how they handle the ticket is also not available to public at all. I would called for their transparency on how they handle the ticket. I would also advice them to reconstruct their policy on how to handle claims/tickets to give a clear direction for both the GM and players. If they do that, I strongly believe the efficiency for handling ticket would improve dramatically. But then again, GRAVITY would most likely ignore everything we suggest.

#45 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

No, I think the main problem is TeaBager is abusing the full inventory trick to artificallly inflate his Lisent Hg's price. According to the last discussion between players (including GM), such action is classified as abuse/scam/ill-manner, which can result account banned. The second problem is the legitimacy of his Lisent. As Zep said, the amount of Lisent Hg that he has is possible but very questionable.

Anyone who has purchased that much lisent HG is a FOOL. There is no way to control the prices on hg with this many sources. With the price inflated, people are attacking hg spots like crazy to get in on the boon(and not surprising).

There are people who do have that kind of refines...Roseonlinesucks I know for certain has whole inventory pages of refines he got when lisent's were dropping like rain in like march.

#46 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

I was under the impression that the topic went slightly offtopic to people selling/buying at marginal profits :rolleyes:

idgaf about TeaBagger, that's not what I was commenting on.

Edited by CaNehDa, 24 September 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#47 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:10 AM

Q: Is that legal to monopoly market price like this?
A: Yes

i highly doubt the items are legal though.....

#48 irvind

irvind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

I rest my case on your above comments. So you have time to come into the forums and complain but not the time to put in a report? Not much more to say if you wittness all kinds of abuse but can't be bothered to put in some screen shots or reports. Your attitude is what is wrong with the current generation of kids, they have to be rewarded to do a good deed or they can't be bothered.

So far I only post about vend bug scam etc, all those post is to discuss and warn other player beware of it but not to cause anyone to get punishment etc (That's why they named here as "Community chat").

I don't think my attitude got any problem, this is the world of give and take. If I report and rewarded, I feel like my hard work appreciated by someone. Those reward can be just a small thing or announce player name in sticky thread. Those player who get praised should feel proud on their hard-work. Are you going to hired a security guard that sleep in guard house but you need to monitor CCTV by your own? Then only wake him up if you saw a robber around? No for me, maybe yes for you...

If those busy "Rose Police" are not even free to view rose forum section once per day (they always ask you send ticket instead of post here, because they are soooooooo busy to view rose section), not even free to check if any zully seller spam in junon. Why should I bother for them and report then make myself look so stupid like you for 6 years..?

#49 xAfterLife

xAfterLife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

you guys need to stop hating on tony just cause he can afford it dont sit here and make a thread about it . its legal to buy and sell anything in game lol. what kind of question is that :o

#50 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

--He could've farmed all that with the Zack outfit and all the drop events :blaugh:

Assuming 1 HG drops on average every 1 minute it would take 26,973 minutes, or 18.73 days of non-stop playing to farm that many. :o

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 26 September 2011 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users