Give cooldowns to instant pots. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Give cooldowns to instant pots.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Zepplin has mentioned in the old forums that there will be a change to jellies. Lets get some additional feedback please. This is getting ridiculous with certain individuals running around union war, controlling the outcome solely based on their vast amounts of jellies. And for those who think "oh they paid for it they should be able to use it". Yes, they can and they should but with limitations. It isn't even enjoyable. The advantages of instant pots are far too great. The ONLY difference that should be between a normal pot and instant pot is that normal heals X amount in a given time PER consumption and instant pot heals X amount instantly PER consumption BUT both having cooldowns in between EACH consumption.

In a UW scenario, these players who rely so much on pots generally AOE/ or deal tons of damage through other means cause two problems:
  • The opposing team would have to focus many members to even attempt to take just ONE person, in the process, making themselves vulnerable as the potter just pots to tank.
  • These individuals could easily run away when too many are on them, and then return to repeat the same thing.
And again I repeat, who cares if they paid money to feel superior with pots. No matter what, the gains are still there as the pots can still instantly heal an X amount over normal foods which heals over time. Add a cooldown to these things please. The point is to put limitations so there would be some sort of a more balanced playing field.

#2 iKnowImAnnoying

iKnowImAnnoying

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

I agree with u but thats why theres something CALLED a PVP which u fear to do tenlavuu , or do you only enjoy ganging ppl in the unionwar and asking them not to pot im sorry but i think thats just stupid lol , and JeyllBeans are not sold in game for a reason cause its real $ that means not many ppl will buy it and they wont often buy it so thats a good thing .. please stop whining about pots , cause we all know its not the pots ur mad at . again if u hate pots so much go pvp in tg :blink:

If potting in PVP was allowed then i would rage like u rage 24/7 Tenlavuu -_- , its only UnionWar u dont have to rage for clicking Current field or have to click ( Junon Polise Scroll).

Edited by iKnowImAnnoying, 29 August 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Hahaha I find it funny that the The individuals Vu was talking about were quick to respond.

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt anyone if jellybeans were given a short cooldown (along with uw pots). THey will still heal more hp per second than any other healing items. But then again, if this were implemented I still wouldn't want to see them allowed in the COTT.

#4 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hahaha I find it funny that the The individuals Vu was talking about were quick to respond.

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt anyone if jellybeans were given a short cooldown (along with uw pots). THey will still heal more hp per second than any other healing items. But then again, if this were implemented I still wouldn't want to see them allowed in the COTT.

Awesome, a productive comment. I agree If something like this is implemented, it still should not be allowed in COTT.

#5 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

I've always felt that Item Mall items should compete with in game items, while still giving a slight advantage to those who are willing to spend and support the game. Current Item Mall pots, however, give far too great an advantage; by giving them short cooldowns, IM pots would still yield advantages over in game items and reward those willing to purchase them, yet wouldn't disrupt the playing field so dramatically.

#6 iKnowImAnnoying

iKnowImAnnoying

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Akaine its true what u say IM has more advantage BUT. even at CW days there was a whiner like Tenlavuu who hated pots , but if he hates pots so much and he thinks he can do much better without them then why doesnt he PVP alot , Last i heard u cant pot in PVP's , VU is this really about pots? Maybe this is what happens when a tornado meets a volcano :blink: , look me in the EYEBALL if this is truely about POTS or something else , Lets see u 1v1 more often and judge u with no POT fights . TENLAVUU :P judging from ur gears ur a Mixer like A pro DJ -_- sadly i doubt it cause ur a SPICE-GIRLS boy.

#7 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

Seriously, need to make a new forum acc to hide your identity?, good one

#8 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

Seriously, need to make a new forum acc to hide your identity?, good one

haha it is quite funny that Marwan, i mean iknowimannying(damn did i give it away) needed to make a new account to talk trash. [god knows how it would ruin his attempt to change community outlook with such posts as http://forums.warppo...unity-problems/ ] And his buddy "xhydra" who would keep making posts and deleting them to retain his forum "rep".

So let's get back on subject cause you kids guys are not fooling anyone.

#9 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

if you add cooldown then you can't call them instant pots anymore ;x
just add 1 or 2 sec cd like the redpots and everyones happy!

#10 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

Call them Berrypots

#11 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:02 AM

Akaine its true what u say IM has more advantage BUT. even at CW days there was a whiner like Tenlavuu who hated pots , but if he hates pots so much and he thinks he can do much better without them then why doesnt he PVP alot , Last i heard u cant pot in PVP's , VU is this really about pots? Maybe this is what happens when a tornado meets a volcano -_- , look me in the EYEBALL if this is truely about POTS or something else , Lets see u 1v1 more often and judge u with no POT fights . TENLAVUU :blink: judging from ur gears ur a Mixer like A pro DJ :P sadly i doubt it cause ur a SPICE-GIRLS boy.

You can pot in PvPs. Nothing is stopping you.
It just sounds like you are afraid to lose your crutch in wars.

#12 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

In the days of the clanwar pots the whole game was different and damage output was significantly higher. If someone people you for 4k melees healing 1.5k hp with a pot wasn't so huge. But now if people are skilling you for 1k, and you heal back 2k with a pot; it is a big difference.

#13 marwan

marwan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

vu thats not me o.o lol , and i stand corrected about my thread lol many ppl getting angry in uw :blink: over nothing its stupid lol u shud just enjoy it and laugh about it not just get angry if u die once or if someone is potting , and i dont need to make a forum acc to trash u vu i can do it here just fine , just telling you thats not me.

Edited by marwan, 30 August 2010 - 08:06 AM.

#14 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

and the popes black.

#15 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

and orange is blue

#16 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

Atleast atm we have different timer npc' foods (most from the summer event beach) so atleast we can heal a bit more, but still, Instapots are ohh i dont know, 80% more effective than those though. It is astonishing how loaded many are on those Red Jellies, I take pride in maybe aura'ing and dealing as much damage on potters as possible so I can think about all the money just I am costing them. In the end it seems futile though, often times it seems they have a never ending amount, or a large never ending amount of disposable income.

I remember when Zep said that Vu, But I dont believe him, or atleast dont believe Rose would change anything. They must make alot of money being it cha-ching cha-ching every single F1.

They should double Red Jelly price, and leave same recovery. Make em pay more! They'll do it too. haha.

#17 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

haha it is quite funny that Marwan, i mean iknowimannying(damn did i give it away) needed to make a new account to talk trash. [god knows how it would ruin his attempt to change community outlook with such posts as http://forums.warppo...unity-problems/ ] And his buddy "xhydra" who would keep making posts and deleting them to retain his forum "rep".

So let's get back on subject cause you kids guys are not fooling anyone.

I just thought it was stupid to argue with you on a FORUM... If I actually wanted to I'd do it ingame. (Also the -rep still changes, which I really don't care about lol, some guys just following me around the forums -1ing every post I make and 1 staring all my threads so its not really accurate. )

Also with pots they'll never change jellys, they might make them cost more/heal less for more spamming and money making...but thats all I can see them doing.

#18 cathu

cathu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

Look me in the eyeball
ilovepots<3.

#19 Aldrine

Aldrine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Akaine its true what u say IM has more advantage BUT. even at CW days there was a whiner like Tenlavuu who hated pots , but if he hates pots so much and he thinks he can do much better without them then why doesnt he PVP alot , Last i heard u cant pot in PVP's , VU is this really about pots? Maybe this is what happens when a tornado meets a volcano :P , look me in the EYEBALL if this is truely about POTS or something else , Lets see u 1v1 more often and judge u with no POT fights . TENLAVUU :blink: judging from ur gears ur a Mixer like A pro DJ -_- sadly i doubt it cause ur a SPICE-GIRLS boy.

Love the way you lie~ Posted Image

Edited by Aldrine, 30 August 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#20 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

vu thats not me o.o lol , and i stand corrected about my thread lol many ppl getting angry in uw :blink: over nothing its stupid lol u shud just enjoy it and laugh about it not just get angry if u die once or if someone is potting , and i dont need to make a forum acc to trash u vu i can do it here just fine , just telling you thats not me.

Idk if its me, but the way both posts are written seems rather similar, especially with the ghey smileys in between every freaking sentence.

#21 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

Look me in the eyeball
ilovepots<3.

No.
<3

Idk if its me, but the way both posts are written seems rather similar, especially with the ghey smileys in between every freaking sentence.

Yeah I noticed the same stuff.

Edited by BrownBear, 30 August 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#22 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

The question is, who didnt notice it?

#23 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Look me in the eyeball
ilovepots<3.

i can look you in somewhere else if u want *-*

#24 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

umadvuu?!

Can't believe people still cry/care about pots... lol

Anyway, if they put a cool down on red jelly beans, they should limit the amount of plutorunes and venarunes you can use on one item. They should also limit how many times you can skill and stat reset.

#25 Codar

Codar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationisrael

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

What's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah! Hypocrisy?
Vuu, When we were doing a union war out numbered you were kinda thankful for my pots if I remember.
What? Kyoudai clan ran out of cash for pots so we all need to suffer?

TBH, Change them jellies, make them heal 10 hp with 100secs cool-down, as if I use them anyways.
What I find funny is how you whine only about stuff that make you die.
What about the grenades that you guys found about not long ago? That is worse than the raider Venom-Mystic abuse.
Yet, it helped you become stronger playing your bourgs, so you went all shush about it.

as you keep on saying, the potters spend real cash buying their pots. the fact that you gang them makes them waste their cash which makes you happy, So keep doing it.
If it really bothers you cause your side in UW is loosing. Well, you can always do the quests.

Flame me all you like, by the end of the day one thing is certain. In a PvP zone, I live you die.
Good night :blink:

Oh and, that guy ain't Marwan for sure.

Edited by Codar, 30 August 2010 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users