#1 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

It has come to my mind more than once that Poring War isn't given much attention by the community. Maybe it is time that some improvements are made to it to make it more popular. One idea that was discussed with a few friends of mine was making the NPC more available. Maybe making multiples to put near cities or just putting them in directly inside of city maps. Maybe adding a few new rewards or reworking the ones that already exist. I would love to see some ideas pop up on these forums to improve things we already have in the game that aren't used often.

#2 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

its actually the only place you can get those figurine equips. But those arent very good so people just dont use them. An update to the rewards to it might bring that place back to life. Maybe make it an extention of Battle Grounds or something. Give rewards to winning teams called something like Poring Tokens and those token can be traded for items, other badges/medels(valor, hugel, etc), or consumables.

#3 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

needs a update, its totally dumb that when you die you had to RESPAWN IN YOUR LAST SAVE POINT WTH???????????? and very slow....

#4 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

The biggest issue is lack of any form of auto-res. It's basically a KVM fight where the winner then has to go kill poring minibosses.

It also doesn't help that the entrance is in South Pron Field, so no one checking the BGs every sees if anyone's trying to run that one. Town NPCs would help, as would a warper on the BG entrance map that tells you if anyone's active there, with the option to get punted to South Pron Field so you can join from anywhere.

Last but not least, I think in general, there should be a server announcement when 3-4 people are queued for a BG to people know it's possible to run one. Lump it in with the WoE castle announcements so people can disable it if they never BG.

#5 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

You can already get Prize Medals for 4 Poring Coins, but you only gain 3 coins per win and 1 per loss. An update on prizes would be nice though. The unique mercs, poring box, and statue accessories are nice and all, but they aren't appealing to most players.

#6 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

actually only the novice figure its the only tradeable one >_> another stupid idea

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

The thing I always hated about porings wars was the amount of setup required to get it going. Not only do you have to pick sides (someone usually screws up going to thier designated side) you also have to get everyone into the same party before things start.

Edited by MrBudd, 25 September 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#8 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

I agree. It takes ages to set it up, ages to play... It's also confusing as Hell.

I wanted to collect the figures once but after giving it a few goes I realized that was really out of the question...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users