Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hi,

Around 6 years ago i've been playing Rose Online for a while, but I took a break after..
Now i'd like to continue playing Rose Online again, however there was a tiny problem T_T

First i'd create a Warpportal account and added my old Rose Online accounts to it..
after I did that I tryed to log in on Rose Online, but after the succesfull log in it shows I have 0 characters :|

I 've submitted a ticket with my acc ID, registration date etc, however I forgot my character name I know my main was a lvl 210 mage,
anyways, since it takes some time before a GM can answer / fix my problem i'd like to ask if anyone had some experience with this problem..
or could explain it's normal that characters get stored after X years inactivity or something?

Some good answers would reassure me ^^ :waddle:

~Thanks

#2 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

* and Yes , i 've tryed both Rose Online Servers Draconis and Leonis

#3 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Characters are never deleted by Gravity (or so it says in the KB) as long as you can provide the account information it should be fine. :waddle:

#4 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Characters are never deleted by Gravity (or so it says in the KB) as long as you can provide the account information it should be fine. :waddle:

I've read that aswell idd, but I never found anything that would explain my current issue, but if you can find anything like:
''Characters will become stored & invisible after 3+ years inactivity'' or something like that.. just tell me :D

#5 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

pretty much all i find on this subject is here https://support.warp...characters.aspx

#6 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Ummm if you played during beta, then YES, your char will be deleted. I am only taking this into consideration because you said 6 years ago.

#7 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Ummm if you played during beta, then YES, your char will be deleted. I am only taking this into consideration because you said 6 years ago.

I've played in the Beta, yes..

but i'am sure these accounts i'am currently talking 'bout are from the Official Rose, not the Beta one :D

I just don't remember the difference between Rose Online (Evolution?) and NA Rose etc..?

But since i've added my account names already it should be fine, right? :waddle:

#8 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Are you absolutely sure you didn't log into Draconis rather than Leonis?

#9 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Are you absolutely sure you didn't log into Draconis rather than Leonis?

* and Yes , i 've tryed both Rose Online Servers Draconis and Leonis

think he covered that already

#10 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

http://rose.warpport...x?id=76&page=24
People who didn't change their password as required in this announcement got their characters removed

If it's not that, then idk

Edited by Niluje, 01 October 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#11 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

If you play in beta and have char, you will still have that account but all char will be deleted when they release iROSE. Quick example, my account exist since beta and I'm still using the same account but char that created in beta was all removed.

#12 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Ummm... CoffeeMuse was created during closed beta, the earliest beta phase and he was never deleted. Just logged into him today.

#13 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

Alright, welll thanks for the replies :rolleyes:

But as far as I can remember I 've played in the Beta of Rose, but I started on a new account when the Beta ended and the official Rose Online got Launched, so
let's hope the GM's can fix it ^^

***Anyone knows the average ticket wait time of Warpportal Character Issues? :>***

Edited by Shatterfun, 02 October 2011 - 01:09 AM.

#14 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

Alright, I just have received the following answer on my e-mail:

Greetings and thanks for contacting support.

We have confirmed that, as you said, these accounts have no characters on them. If someone had access to this account and deleted them a long time ago, we will unfortunately not be able to recover them. Keep in mind Gravity Interactive will NEVER delete a character or account, so if the characters still exist, they may actually be located on another account.

We will be happy to assist you in recovering this account, but first we need to confirm the following information as it matches our records.

Warp Portal Email Address: (if you don't have one yet, you will need to create one)
Account ID:
Character Name(s)/Level: (if you can remember just one character's exact name, it would help us tremendously)
Date of Birth:
Address:
Original Email Address: (provide 4-5 if needed)

Thank you and have a fantastic day.

So.. now here comes the big problem..

I 've been using only 1 e-mail for all my registrations, so i'am sure this is the correct e-mail, i 've also clicked ''Forgot account name'' to Rose Online and they mailed me all the accounts that were registered on it..

and that someone was on my account and deleted my characters is out of the question..

..So this proly means that I have to start all over again, since they cant do anything more for me? :<

#15 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:35 AM

Btw, i 've also bought several items from the item mall, maybe that could be usefull?

and as far as I can remember I can describe the log in screens that were active when I played:

The first log in screen was always in front of a castle, and I believe that one was around the Beta, but the newer one
was in the front of a tree house and it was only possible to make 4 characters/ account at that time..

Maybe this rings some bells by other ppl that could help me out ^^

And what was the level cap around the Beta?
Because when I rejoined Rose Online later I leveled my mage to lvl. 210, and that wasn't possible around the Beta, right?..

#16 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

Btw, i 've also bought several items from the item mall, maybe that could be usefull?

and as far as I can remember I can describe the log in screens that were active when I played:

The first log in screen was always in front of a castle, and I believe that one was around the Beta, but the newer one
was in the front of a tree house and it was only possible to make 4 characters/ account at that time..

Maybe this rings some bells by other ppl that could help me out ^^

And what was the level cap around the Beta?
Because when I rejoined Rose Online later I leveled my mage to lvl. 210, and that wasn't possible around the Beta, right?..

Useful in what way? Anyone could know that information.
Theres a reason why they ask specific questions like this...

Warp Portal Email Address: (if you don't have one yet, you will need to create one)
Account ID:
Character Name(s)/Level: (if you can remember just one character's exact name, it would help us tremendously)
Date of Birth:
Address:
Original Email Address: (provide 4-5 if needed)

#17 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Useful in what way? Anyone could know that information.

Well.. with such questions you can exclude things..

for example.. if the expansion for lvl 210 came 2 years after the official launch, we can exclude that my characters got deleted, because my password wasnt changed during the Beta --> tp --> Official Rose Online progress..
And thats the same for the log in screens, if the screen with the ''Tree House'' was launched from 2008 it would be easier for the GM to find out what exactly happened..

And from the earlier answer it seems that my answers werent enough, since I couldnt provide my character name :<

Edited by Shatterfun, 02 October 2011 - 05:00 AM.

#18 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

I just remember a name that would probably be him, I tryed to make it aswell and the System says the username was in use already.. so let's hope the GM's can fix it now :rolleyes:
Btw, does Rose Online have some sort of armory.. to see if the name matches with my old class & lvl or something?

And could anyone tell me what the first Rose Online servers was a few years ago?
I think it was Leonis, but I'am not sure 'bout it :<

#19 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:34 AM

yes it was Leonis. good luck :rolleyes:

#20 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

yes it was Leonis. good luck :rolleyes:

#21 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

Well.. with such questions you can exclude things..

for example.. if the expansion for lvl 210 came 2 years after the official launch, we can exclude that my characters got deleted, because my password wasnt changed during the Beta --> tp --> Official Rose Online progress..
And thats the same for the log in screens, if the screen with the ''Tree House'' was launched from 2008 it would be easier for the GM to find out what exactly happened..

And from the earlier answer it seems that my answers werent enough, since I couldnt provide my character name :<

Maybe im looking at this all wrong...
dont you think you should be focusing your mind on the questions the Gms have asked you? and not on the history of Rose.
I could give you a History run down and unless you can convince the GMs, thats your account, that run down of History is going to mean diddly squat.
Ok so you forgot your character name. Where you in a clan? Some clans from the oldie days are still running about.
Possible someone you knew from that clan is still playing and may remember you? Possibly even still have you in their friends list.
As example...I have one guy in my friends list from early 2007... His name was Dudu :rolleyes: So if your reading this Dudu...Hi!

Man, i could give you a whole list of names from my friends list of players i knew way back when.
For me, its a sentimental thing from my noob Cleric days. I just cant bring myself to delete those names.
Deadlikeme was another...Soupamuse...another. Do you dig what im saying?
One final thought...
In the olden days, Rose had a different Forum. Did you post there? Maybe you were one of those people who placed the names of their ingame characters in their siggys.

Edited by Naughty, 02 October 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#22 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:30 AM

Maybe im looking at this all wrong...
dont you think you should be focusing your mind on the questions the Gms have asked you? and not on the history of Rose.
I could give you a History run down and unless you can convince the GMs, thats your account, that run down of History is going to mean diddly squat.
Ok so you forgot your character name. Where you in a clan? Some clans from the oldie days are still running about.
Possible someone you knew from that clan is still playing and may remember you? Possibly even still have you in their friends list.
As example...I have one guy in my friends list from early 2007... His name was Dudu :rolleyes: So if your reading this Dudu...Hi!

Man, i could give you a whole list of names from my friends list of players i knew way back when.
For me, its a sentimental thing from my noob Cleric days. I just cant bring myself to delete those names.
Deadlikeme was another...Soupamuse...another. Do you dig what im saying?
One final thought...
In the olden days, Rose had a different Forum. Did you post there? Maybe you were one of those people who placed the names of their ingame characters in their siggys.

Yes I know what you're trying to say, but the Clans I joined only did a few events and clan wars.. i mean.. it wasnt a big deal and I cant remember any names :<

#23 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Ummm... CoffeeMuse was created during closed beta, the earliest beta phase and he was never deleted. Just logged into him today.

My char was deleted and got wiped when the officially release ROSE. I had to recreate the char with the same name. :rolleyes:

LOL @ Niluje for giving -1

#24 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

All iROSE beta accounts (and characters) were deleted when they closed iROSE, that's just obvious (and it wasn't even managed by the same company as naROSE is anyway)
Accounts and characters from naROSE beta are still there in naROSE (except for characters in the case I explained in my previous post)

You're just another person confusing iROSE beta with naROSE beta which is not the same thing at all, hence -1

iROSE closed on Aug 31 2005
naROSE opened on Sept 1 2005
naROSE was officially released on Dec 1 2005

Edited by Niluje, 02 October 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#25 Shatterfun

Shatterfun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

All iROSE beta accounts (and characters) were deleted when they closed iROSE, that's just obvious (and it wasn't even managed by the same company as naROSE is anyway)
Accounts and characters from naROSE beta are still there in naROSE (except for characters in the case I explained in my previous post)

You're just another person confusing iROSE beta with naROSE beta which is not the same thing at all, hence -1

iROSE closed on Aug 31 2005
naROSE opened on Sept 1 2005
naROSE was officially released on Dec 1 2005

Alright, thanks for the info, but like I also said before, I leveled my mage up to lvl 210 a few months after 2006, so it should be still on it,

I also asked a friend to come online that I played with on NaRose and his character was still there, so this is getting more weird each second o.O

***It is still out of the question that my character got deleted by anyone, since I had 4 accounts with different chars and for some reason they are all gone on all acc's***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users