Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

It was originally like 10x lower. Highly doubtful of a future nerf in any way.

IAH pulled it off but only because of those constant spamming of IM buff items that we don't have. Not to mention they used strategies that seem to no longer work.

#4 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

In fact they used the strategy that is the confirmed answer to beating Elga. You just need noncrappy players.

#5 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

You just need noncrappy players.

I'm gonna be rejected... qq

#6 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

In fact they used the strategy that is the confirmed answer to beating Elga. You just need heavy, heavy cash spenders.

Fixed

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

Actually IAH brought in a Pally with only +4 equipment and did it one time npnp. Elga is a boss that only certian classes can do and others just are useless.

It was originally like 10x lower. Highly doubtful of a future nerf in any way.

IAH pulled it off but only because of those constant spamming of IM buff items that we don't have. Not to mention they used strategies that seem to no longer work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItAB6ERiNrE

what is this IM buff items that they have? as far as I can see they just have the Class buffs, Thief buffs, time reversal, and the couple buff on :|

Edited by StormHaven, 03 October 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#8 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

He meant the items they used in the first video Slayze posted, in which they use special consumables that have various effects, like fully restoring HP/MP for your entire party.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

He meant the items they used in the first video Slayze posted, in which they use special consumables that have various effects, like fully restoring HP/MP for your entire party.

Like in the video you see "Iron Guard" and "Emperor's dinner effect" which our version doesn't have. Dunno if they had any significant difference. But they seemed to be important.

#10 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

You just need noncrappy players.

I'm sure this is not the reason. If so how is it that you haven't beaten it?

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'm sure this is not the reason. If so how is it that you haven't beaten it?

45 minutes to do over 400 million damage. Even with 4 pallies and 4 ninjas it'd be insane to pull off atm.

#12 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

45 minutes to do over 400 million damage. Even with 4 pallies and 4 ninjas it'd be insane to pull off atm.

There have been parties full of stacked people. Its not that the server needs better player but we need to find the correct way to groggy it.

#13 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Also, the Pally used Safety Foam, can we even get those anymore?

#14 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

The Safety Foam was just so they could Time Reverse in safety, I believe? Personally, I think the incoming element system will play a role (Slayze confirmed this much for at least third-form Elga, although it seems elements may not really be an absolute necessity). It may make Elga more do-able for classes that don't have insane damage/CD/CR. Of course, there's also the matter of Professions and using socket cards, option expansion, etc. to make yourself more formidable, as well.

#15 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

I think the main problem is that we don't fully know how the groggy mechanics work. It's quite difficult to groggy the second form of Elga, though IAH seems to have pulled it off without any effort.

#16 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

I think the main problem is that we don't fully know how the groggy mechanics work. It's quite difficult to groggy the second form of Elga, though IAH seems to have pulled it off without any effort.

In some versions each skill (in the skill description) says how much "groggy damage" the do. Our version only shows a level, I'm pretty sure we just have to figure out the best skills to combine to fill the bar.

#17 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Our skills did have the full info for a while then a patch removed it.

also safety foam either already doesn't work against elga any more or will not work in a future update

also if it is as Storm says:

Elga is a boss that only certain classes can do and others just are useless.

then elga really does need to be nerfed as a matter of balance (sorry if it makes it too easy for those of you with pallies maybe your atk should be nerfed too :rolleyes: ) since it's a huge part of the story it should be able to be killed by every class

(and before anyone goes "lol help me make elga easy waaaah" to me I am not saying make elga easy but make elga actually beatable without having 8 people stacked with legend +20 items and being made up of only 3 of the 10 classes)

#18 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

with later updates(much later I'm assuming) Elga turns into a freakin joke with people soloing the entire dungeon(he is not nerfed or anything)

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

with later updates(much later I'm assuming) Elga turns into a freakin joke with people soloing the entire dungeon(he is not nerfed or anything)

Ha! I'd like to see the day someone pulls that off!

But a nerf for Elga is highly unlikely. When he was first released in JDragonica, it was a joke. Almost anyone 71+ could solo and his damage was a little flick to the more defensive classes. His hp was 9x lower. Older videos of Elga would explain what I mean by what he used to be.

Now unlike other bosses w/ groggy. The groggy bar doesn't fill faster/slower depending on the number of people. You NEED all 8 people hitting with the skills confirmed to be the fastest groggy filler.

#20 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

Ha! I'd like to see the day someone pulls that off!

But a nerf for Elga is highly unlikely. When he was first released in JDragonica, it was a joke. Almost anyone 71+ could solo and his damage was a little flick to the more defensive classes. His hp was 9x lower. Older videos of Elga would explain what I mean by what he used to be.

Now unlike other bosses w/ groggy. The groggy bar doesn't fill faster/slower depending on the number of people. You NEED all 8 people hitting with the skills confirmed to be the fastest groggy filler.

2 people on JDrag have soloed new Elga. a Sentinel and a Sorc.

#21 DustBit3

DustBit3

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

That elga wasn't the new elga. The other bosses had higher hp, yes, but elga still had little health. Saw the archer vid on nicozon a while ago, can't find it now. The guy had 100% crate.

#22 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

I haven't run elga in a while does anyone know if we've gotten the fix to the disconnection issues yet? (IAH got a fix they changed something in the database but I haven't seen anything like that listed in our patch notes yet)

also just want to say again: when I say Elga needs a nerf I'm not talking about making it super easy but there should be a balance between being damn near impossible (I stop short of saying impossible even though it has not been beaten on our server yet to my knowledge) and solo-able

#23 Ti66er

Ti66er

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationYour soul. 998 to go.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

If elga is really the last boss in DS he shouldent be soloable.

That being said, it also should'nt be the case that 7 out of 8 people truck in with legend/arti +15+ items and get rolled by him either. [which I know people have tried to do here]

I brought this up before, updates are evergoing [someone said that a few posts ago also] do you really think level 80 will be the highest level? Imagine this.

The future. Your level 99, so is most of the other players on the server. 50k hps is the NORM now. The fact that paris has been wolfpacked into oblivion has made it so Hero Semanthian and 3 stat Z weapons are cheap and easy to get. Not only that, but because of the new element system, everyone knows elga's weakness [if he is too get one] Not taking into account new IM items, weapons, sets, potions, and furniture buffs.

Result. Players on our server will soon be posting videos of trolling and soloing elga as well. We've just been given a present we cant open yet, thats all.

#24 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

If elga is really the last boss in DS he shouldent be soloable.

That being said, it also should'nt be the case that 7 out of 8 people truck in with legend/arti +15+ items and get rolled by him either. [which I know people have tried to do here]

I brought this up before, updates are evergoing [someone said that a few posts ago also] do you really think level 80 will be the highest level? Imagine this.

The future. Your level 99, so is most of the other players on the server. 50k hps is the NORM now. The fact that paris has been wolfpacked into oblivion has made it so Hero Semanthian and 3 stat Z weapons are cheap and easy to get. Not only that, but because of the new element system, everyone knows elga's weakness [if he is too get one] Not taking into account new IM items, weapons, sets, potions, and furniture buffs.

Result. Players on our server will soon be posting videos of trolling and soloing elga as well. We've just been given a present we cant open yet, thats all.

I doubt Elga will be the last boss.

I also don't think the element system will actually change things much.

Also as a matter of game balance it should be able to be done without the use of IM at all since there are free players

I think the main thing stopping it from being done is the extra nerf that was made to professions and the fact that the skill text with the info on groggy status was removed.

the first is something warp did for reasons I doubt they will tell us. The latter I can only think is the dev team screwing with us again. (I've reported it as a bug and as far as I know it hasn't even been added to the list of known bugs so there's not much hope of it being fixed any time soon)

Edited by EnderW, 04 October 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#25 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:18 AM

That elga wasn't the new elga. The other bosses had higher hp, yes, but elga still had little health. Saw the archer vid on nicozon a while ago, can't find it now. The guy had 100% crate.

http://www.nicozon.n...atch/sm15646883

Here is what I assume is what your talking about. Now I don't think that's the Elga we have now. The mid bosses seem like it but there's some differences noticed:

-Hp. Elga didn't seem to have alot.
-Damage. Elga's minions alone have high damage. Not even Elga seemed to hit alot.
-Groggy bar. Seems as though it filled 10x faster. Apparently now a single Setinel can't even half the thing solo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users