#76 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Okay, this is weird. I just tried using Diffusion Cannon on a Drakos boss and it wasn't producing groggy at all. I tried with my Zau, a broken weapon, an Arka staff, a Magma weapon... Nothing.

EDIT: Spark Rock and Rain of Fire produce groggy just fine, and at times DC changes the color of the bar but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything. Odd.

EDIT #2: Slayze, are you sure you don't have the numbers mixed up? It seems Diffusion Cannon, which only has a "1" number in our skill description (no value for the "2" number) isn't increasing groggy at all. But Double Shot, which has values for both, is increasing it. Only explanation I can think of, at the moment.

Edited by Rimmy, 06 October 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#77 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

Okay, this is weird. I just tried using Diffusion Cannon on a Drakos boss and it wasn't producing groggy at all. I tried with my Zau, a broken weapon, an Arka staff, a Magma weapon... Nothing.

EDIT: Spark Rock and Rain of Fire produce groggy just fine, and at times DC changes the color of the bar but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything. Odd.

It never seemed to do anything on my Monk... o.o

Maybe it was so minor in your case and mine, that it didn't make a noticeable difference?

#78 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

I just tried with my shaman and Point Blaster wont fill it either. Maybe skills that show just 1 of the 2 numbers dont fill the groggy bar?

EDIT: I just did a mm with a knight and the groggy bar filled with some skills other didnt do anything to the bar.

Edited by fyerolight, 06 October 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#79 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hm, that is another possibility, but if that's the case, why bother giving them the first groggy value at all, if it is the one that determines groggy increase as Slayze said. I'm leaning toward the numbers being mixed up, and the second number in our skill descriptions being the one that determines how much groggy a skill produces, but I could be wrong.

#80 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

Yea, the 1: and 2: parts are for the groggy system.

1: refers to how much that skill increases the groggy bar per hit.
For example, Final Decision is 1: Lv.2, hence, it'll deal 2 * 9 (hits) = up to 18 "groggy points" per use.

2: refers to the opposite, how much the skill will decrease the groggy bar per hit while the boss is in a groggy status.
Works the same way, so I won't bother explaining.

So yea, if you want to bother, just do the maths, including the cooldowns and all.
Yep.

Thank you, I love you!

EDIT #2: Slayze, are you sure you don't have the numbers mixed up? It seems Diffusion Cannon, which only has a "1" number in our skill description (no value for the "2" number) isn't increasing groggy at all. But Double Shot, which has values for both, is increasing it. Only explanation I can think of, at the moment.

That is odd- Spark rock was working fine for me, while neither double shot nor diffusion canon filled any groggy.

#81 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

For 1: or 2:, it refers to "Effect 1" or "Effect 2".
If there's no "Effect 1", there won't be an "Effect 2".

Diffusion Cannon = Decrease only.

#82 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Slayze, do you know how IAH managed to fill up the bar so fast? Each time, I only see one ninja using cross blade, yet the bar still fills extremely fast. I think the farthest we've managed to fill up to bar was to around 75%, and even that was quite difficult and lucky.

#83 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

I honestly can't see crap, even in the original resolution of the video.
Judging from the SFX, it sounds like spin it bear, shootdown, and a hell lot of dagger spam.

You can try toggling on/off ninja frenzy beforehand to trigger Lethal Kill too.
Was that 75% done with a full party?
The values needed for groggy might be different among the servers, I dunno.

#84 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

W/ the new Paris wings, I wonder how the fact almost any class can have bout 15k+ def will affect survivability in Elga.

#85 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

I honestly can't see crap, even in the original resolution of the video.
Judging from the SFX, it sounds like spin it bear, shootdown, and a hell lot of dagger spam.

You can try toggling on/off ninja frenzy beforehand to trigger Lethal Kill too.
Was that 75% done with a full party?
The values needed for groggy might be different among the servers, I dunno.

Yes, it was done with a full party. IIRC, there were 2 ninjas, 2 paladins, WM, Sentinel, Myrm, and Howitz.

#86 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yes, it was done with a full party. IIRC, there were 2 ninjas, 2 paladins, WM, Sentinel, Myrm, and Howitz.

My guess:

-Dagger Spam
-Rolling ground
-Setinel's ice freezing bird mode
-Overlord's Death stinger
-WM using penguin and fire symbol plus the pepper thing.
-Howitzer using gatling and shootdown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users