• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chitty

Chitty

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:17 AM

I'm just coming back to Requiem and have a 47 Rogue (Unless Gravity deleted him). I'm thinking of going Shadow Runner at 50 (I think that was when you either chose Sin or SR).

My question is why don't you see many SR posts? Are SR's a far inferior choice to Sin's or something?

please don't Dis a particular class I would just like some points on differences/strengths of Sins vs SR's.

Thanks all

#2 johnnydracu

johnnydracu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:43 AM

SRs are way much better than in S1 and you will do good with it in battles like foc, svs. The reason they're not so popular is because ppl have more interest in sins wich i think are much more fun to play with :blink: .

#3 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

I'm just coming back to Requiem and have a 47 Rogue (Unless Gravity deleted him). I'm thinking of going Shadow Runner at 50 (I think that was when you either chose Sin or SR).

My question is why don't you see many SR posts? Are SR's a far inferior choice to Sin's or something?

please don't Dis a particular class I would just like some points on differences/strengths of Sins vs SR's.

Thanks all

when I debated going sin vs SR, I really wanted to justify going SR if only to not have another sin cuz there are already so many of them. It turned on the answer to this question: when you have 40 mob drops to obtain and want to kill 100 mobs kinda fast, what do you use to do your killing... dual swords or crossbow. The answer I kept hearing from people was duals for sins ofc but even for SRs too. That sorta clinched it for me.

#4 Chitty

Chitty

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

Yea I kind of want to be a SR because nearly every rogue goes Sin (from what I gather).

Ok so SRâ??s are not as good as killing multiple mobs.

Are they comparable in Dungeons?

Also SR and Sinâ??s would both be very capable in Battlegrounds aye? I mean theyâ??d both have different strengths and weaknesses as per all classes but is a SR inferior to other ranged classes because it seems like a hybrid type class?

Thanks heaps for the input guys

#5 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

Yea I kind of want to be a SR because nearly every rogue goes Sin (from what I gather).

Ok so SRâ??s are not as good as killing multiple mobs.

Are they comparable in Dungeons?

Also SR and Sinâ??s would both be very capable in Battlegrounds aye? I mean theyâ??d both have different strengths and weaknesses as per all classes but is a SR inferior to other ranged classes because it seems like a hybrid type class?

Thanks heaps for the input guys

well, not just multiple mobs, I'm saying that seems Sins DPS > SR's DPS in all but the most limited of extremely brief circumstances of the second and a half in which an SR is laying out Exploding arrow, BA, AA.
If SRs use their duals when they got 100 mobs they have to kill (in series, not at same time, though that's not what i was driving at), then why go SR?

Sins are strongly preferred because Brutal Scud is an extremely strong skill that turns any pro player into your biartch for 7seconds, and because, despite the fact that they got AoE hush available to skill if they wanted, nobody seems to think SRs have any skill or skills comparable to that one tasty sin one.

#6 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Stereosonic

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

SRs is way more gear dependent than Sins. Put it that way, SRs with LRDD 5 + a very nice crossbow will usually hit most people for well over 3k/ AA when the debuffs goes down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users