Halloween event - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Halloween event

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Yes, i suggested it for my own advantage... By the way what will happen if it does get implemented? Will all of the people who bought theirs for 600m go ape -_-? Because if they do, then I might as well retract my suggestion... I can live without it. But if you guys can spend 600m on luxury, what does it mean losing 600m? It's luxury. Just an opinion, I don't know what it feels like to have a rwh or 600m.

its a luxury item only for luxurious people.

#27 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

what about some of "dia de muertos"?

#28 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Here we go again for those people who missed the Rideword Hat. Stop asking for them, they just came a month ago.
I think for the halloween event they'd make it the same as killing gold porings. Like killing halloween jakks that drops items that can be traded to other items.
Maybe .. or maybe not.

#29 Seraphim

Seraphim

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

There needs to be a hoard of zombies spawning randomly in every town! Or just pront, whichever.

#30 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

I would love to see the towns turn into a halloween theme like they do with chrismas.

Would also love to see costumes, maybe something equivilant to santa bags XD

#31 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

what about devilings every where? XD

#32 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

what about devilings every where? XD

I was always a fan of Makk's Zomborings.

#33 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

I was always a fan of Makk's Zomborings.

you even remenber then........... WTH

#34 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

you even remenber then........... WTH

lol...ty?

#35 kuyaeze

kuyaeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

Rideword hats a month ago? Guess i'm too late. Scrap the rideword hat idea, everyone who has them already hates the idea.

#36 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

Personally, I didn't think it was a bad thing when they implemented slotted middle headgears again, after saying they would never be implemented again. Price for sunglasses [1] was phenomenal, and now not so much. It happens, people get over it. I personally support the rideword hat idea, and before any one flames me saying it is because I do not have one, I do indeed have one.

Roman

#37 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Alright, alright. Let get back on topic please about halloween event ideas

#38 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

You don't need a RWH to level 150 nor 600M to become a very good player. I know several 150s who were fine with +4 gears and leveled just fine with friends and guildies.

Most people pull through to 100 in just Eden gear /no1

But yes, Halloween. /swt
Almost forgot what the post was about. My thoughts on Halloween events are this:
>Where is the Trick-Or-Treating?
>Zombies sound fun but it would need to be hoards of them to take down my RG! #braggingsorrywinkwinkwink
Maybe just have different difficulty areas to make sure that the newer players aren't confused more than usual.

{ Ex: Any main starter town areas could only have some kind of under level 10 zombie that comes in smaller waves. Higher levels that go to places such as Veins, GlastHeim, Nogg, etc. will be greeted by some gnarly zombies that could take higher levels down. }

What I'm getting at is that throughout the day, at certain times that are announced by Ralis, waves of level-adjusted zombies will flood the most populated areas of the server. They can drop cookie bags or something. Those things are fun to open <3 Still, the zombies need not be too boring for higher levels... 150's need a challenge too.

Oh hey what if there was a HUGE zombie MegaMVP with a few nasty zombie MVP's as it's summons... that have regular zombies as their summons @O@!!!
If that wouldn't encourage 150's to team it up and take em' down I don't know what would! Only thing is that every summon needs to be hyperactive.

I've been wanting more challenging MVP's and since this is going to be a server-wide event, every 150 online would normally go smack a few zombies and then get bored.... but this? This is some Rift business here, if you've ever seen their extensive partying gameplay.

I don't mean to appeal to 150's only. The MegaMVP's summons (The nasty zombie MVP's that summon zombies) could be in places where the 100-120 level range are. They could take down that MVP and its summons, I'm sure.

Edited by Okii, 08 October 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#39 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Sorry, i got excited.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

I think it's just a good idea to start breaking up quests (no story ones) by levels so you don't have situations like st. patrick where high level players could AOE thousands of weak snake mobs per hour. Maybe think up a level 70-99 quest and a 100-150 quest or something along those lines. If we can think up events that that would not be easy for bots to abuse, we could have a level 30-70 type quest as well.

#41 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

I think it's just a good idea to start breaking up quests (no story ones) by levels so you don't have situations like st. patrick where high level players could AOE thousands of weak snake mobs per hour. Maybe think up a level 70-99 quest and a 100-150 quest or something along those lines. If we can think up events that that would not be easy for bots to abuse, we could have a level 30-70 type quest as well.

Good idea, last thing we need are tons of bards with a pecopeco band and link again. There were tons of complaints about lag/dc issues due to it.

#42 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Well my idea is just for the slaughtering of players everywhere but okay Oda, yours sounds fair enough. xD

#43 Seraphim

Seraphim

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Well my idea is just for the slaughtering of players everywhere but okay Oda, yours sounds fair enough. xD

Aww, but I liked your idea.... -_-

#44 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

Aww, but I liked your idea.... -_-

I think night mode is a plus++
On the night of Halloween (or some time voted on by the GM's)
MMVP/MVP/Zombie SLAUGHTER SHOULD HAPPEN !

Well, it's an idea brought up from many others' ideas and my undying wish to see the chaos happen first-hand.
I also kinda want to kill everyone, seeing as it's funny.
I'm not an axe murderer or anything... @w@

#45 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

maybe we could do it pvp style again, some are "transformed" or look like zombies and some are "survivors" trying to fight them off, the possibilities are endless, but either way i want night mode -_-

#46 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

How does this sound for an overall "infrastructure" of an event quest? It works like this:

• This is a "scheduled" quest. The quest will be available multiple times a day (once or twice per hour)
  • Everyone who participates in the scheduled quest will receive the quest reward
  • You can only receive the reward once per day, but you can participate in the quest as often as you like for a minor consolation prize.

The actual quest objectives themselves can vary, of course, but here's my thoughts on these bullet points. Scheduling the quest helps organize larger groups. A shared reward across all participants fosters a cooperative environment over a competitive one (most quests up to this point have been competitive in a sense that you would prefer fewer people participating so you can have larger mobs and faster/better rewards). The reward limitation reduces the impact on those who don't have a ton of free time, while the consolation prize is incentive for people to play as often as they'd like to help friends complete the quest.

Now, for an actual implementation of the infrastructure, I have a concept called "Cursed Emperium". It's just a quick concept, so let me know if it totally sucks.

Summary: Town X is under siege by monsters. It appears that a Cursed Emperium is causing all the monsters to go mad. Players must fight through the mobs and destroy the Cursed Emperium before the city is completely overrun.

Rules:
  • The goal of the event is to destroy the Cursed Emperium while defending their own Emperium (essentially, the quest is PvM version of WOE)
  • When players are warped into the town, they have 0 hit, and 80 ASPD.
  • Each player is given a Warding Dagger (or Warding Accessory?) that will raise raise their hit stat to max. This item can only be used during the event.
  • Monsters are immune to attacks unless the Dagger is equipped.
  • Monsters will only take 1 damage per hit (like plants), and do fixed % damage to the player's HP.
  • The Dark Emperium only takes 1 damage per hit as well.
  • When monster is defeated, they drop "shards". These shards can be used to heal the players' Emperium.
  • When xxx number of shards is used on the Emperium, every player on the map gets a buff that maxes out their ASPD.
  • If the players destroy the Cursed Emperium, the quest reward is granted (unless the player already claimed theirs for the day, so they'll get the consolation prize instead). If the players lose (their own Emperium is destroyed), everyone is awarded the consolation prize.

Crap, writing this up makes it feel so much more complicated to implement than I realized. Bah, whatever. Let me justify some of my points. Bullets 2-6 are meant to level the playing field for all players. Everyone can participate, and everyone is deemed useful. A low level FS acolyte can help attack/defend and won't feel left out of the action because everyone else is of a higher level. Higher level peeps will still be more effective, but not so much so that the less attack-focused characters are completely obsolete. The Max ASPD buff is basically to give players a bit of an edge so they'll win more likely than they'll lose, and having a billion 1s flying everywhere is just fun to watch. It also caps the length of the event so it doesn't last too long. If possible, the number of monsters and the Emperium HP should scale to the number of participants. The quest should be doable with a minimum of 2 people in low-peak hours (one to attack, and one to defend).

Of course, this is just some example I came up 5 minutes ago. I do feel like we should implement stuff based on the first bullet list, though. Botters don't get a huge advantage in this sort of event. Worse case is that the bots end up helping legitimate players more than they are helping themselves.

#47 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

How does this sound for an overall "infrastructure" of an event quest? It works like this:

• This is a "scheduled" quest. The quest will be available multiple times a day (once or twice per hour)
  • Everyone who participates in the scheduled quest will receive the quest reward
  • You can only receive the reward once per day, but you can participate in the quest as often as you like for a minor consolation prize.

The actual quest objectives themselves can vary, of course, but here's my thoughts on these bullet points. Scheduling the quest helps organize larger groups. A shared reward across all participants fosters a cooperative environment over a competitive one (most quests up to this point have been competitive in a sense that you would prefer fewer people participating so you can have larger mobs and faster/better rewards). The reward limitation reduces the impact on those who don't have a ton of free time, while the consolation prize is incentive for people to play as often as they'd like to help friends complete the quest.

Now, for an actual implementation of the infrastructure, I have a concept called "Cursed Emperium". It's just a quick concept, so let me know if it totally sucks.

Summary: Town X is under siege by monsters. It appears that a Cursed Emperium is causing all the monsters to go mad. Players must fight through the mobs and destroy the Cursed Emperium before the city is completely overrun.

Rules:
  • The goal of the event is to destroy the Cursed Emperium while defending their own Emperium (essentially, the quest is PvM version of WOE)
  • Each player is given a Warding Dagger (or Warding Accessory?) that will raise raise their hit stat to max. This item can only be used during the event.
  • Monsters will only take 1 damage per hit (like plants), and do fixed % damage to the player's HP.
  • When monster is defeated, they drop "shards". These shards can be used to heal the players' Emperium.
  • When xxx number of shards is used on the Emperium, every player on the map gets a buff that maxes out their ASPD.
  • If the players destroy the Cursed Emperium, the quest reward is granted (unless the player already claimed theirs for the day, so they'll get the consolation prize instead). If the players lose (their own Emperium is destroyed), everyone is awarded the consolation prize.

Crap, writing this up makes it feel so much more complicated to implement than I realized. Bah, whatever. Let me justify some of my points. Bullets 2-6 are meant to level the playing field for all players. Everyone can participate, and everyone is deemed useful. A low level FS acolyte can help attack/defend and won't feel left out of the action because everyone else is of a higher level. Higher level peeps will still be more effective, but not so much so that the less attack-focused characters are completely obsolete. The Max ASPD buff is basically to give players a bit of an edge so they'll win more likely than they'll lose, and having a billion 1s flying everywhere is just fun to watch. It also caps the length of the event so it doesn't last too long. If possible, the number of monsters and the Emperium HP should scale to the number of participants. The quest should be doable with a minimum of 2 people in low-peak hours (one to attack, and one to defend).

Of course, this is just some example I came up 5 minutes ago. I do feel like we should implement stuff based on the first bullet list, though. Botters don't get a huge advantage in this sort of event. Worse case is that the bots end up helping legitimate players more than they are helping themselves.

Sounds fun but the GM's should note that reflect damage overrides any cap damage counters. My RG can hit higher than 1 on a black mushroom because of reflect damage. If this idea were too large scale/complicated to script and prepare within the next few weeks, I wouldn't mind waiting until next year for this one.

#48 Seraphim

Seraphim

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

Rules:

Wow this sounds like a really well thought out and fun idea! I just wonder if it could be done in time for Halloween...

#49 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Sounds fun but the GM's should note that reflect damage overrides any cap damage counters. My RG can hit higher than 1 on a black mushroom because of reflect damage. If this idea were too large scale/complicated to script and prepare within the next few weeks, I wouldn't mind waiting until next year for this one.

Burn also overrides damage caps, they would definitely have to think about skills if/when designing this. Very good idea though, sounds like a lot of fun.

#50 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Daily town invasions and a trick or treat event would be cool.

(spoiler alert: We are getting a pumpkin hat which gives 15% more exp when refined to +5, when refined to +7 or higher add 10% per upgrade.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users