Audio System Init Failed - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Audio System Init Failed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DanaChristopher

DanaChristopher

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEast Bay
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:KOs

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

so yes it patches successfully but when i click 'Start' poof an error occurs saying 'Audio System Init Failed'

please help me :blink:

#2 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

Make sure you run it as admin and it is installed in the correct location on Vista/Seven

Quick fix:
Go into the RO settings and completely disable everything related to the sound. Where it says "Use 2D sound" or "Use 3D Sound" change it to "No Sound" and it should work in the short term. That does not eliminate the problem, but should allow you to play.

If you want to use sound though, and everything else works right, you may have to reinstall.

What OS are you using?

Edited by Sera, 31 August 2010 - 08:39 AM.

#3 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

Make sure your sound drivers are updated too

#4 DanaChristopher

DanaChristopher

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEast Bay
  • Server:KOs

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

it's working now. i chose that 'no sound' option in the setup.

this ones on windows xp

#5 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

Like I said though, this doesn't actually fix the problem. Whatever was wrong with your client/computer is still wrong with it, it is just that the problem was with the audio, and so by disabling the audio, the problem doesn't have a chance to appear. You should still try to fix it though.

#6 Tiggy2232

Tiggy2232

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

Quick question? What kind of sound you have. I have that issue some times. My sound cable someones gets loose and my PC dont reconize anything in the port and says I have no sound device. I don't know if your PC is like mine. This is the first one I have had that can tell if speakers are plugged into it. If yours is like mine and you don't have speakers just go to the dollar store and get a $.99 set of head phones and plug them into the sound port.

#7 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

Likely you can't hear any sound from your pc so you might wanna run windows update (if you're feeling lazy) to try and find a driver there, or google this: unknown device identifier

http://www.zhangduo....eIdentifier.exe

install it and it will tell you what device driver is missing and then go to the respective website for the chip manufacture (RealTek AC97, creative, intel, etc) and download the appropriate driver :unsure: or tell us here and I'll link you to the file you need. in the meantime have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users