Food and Certificates - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Food and Certificates

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Just curious if food and certificates (upgrade) would be vend/tradeable anytime soon? Thanks!

#2 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

yes...... its freaking anoying my archer with those foods and i cant trade then.... i dont know but i dont see a big problem with that, this foods wont broke the game anymore....

#3 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

i agree with this, some accounts are dead and only used for upgrade event. They won't be needing the +10 foods. I don't really agree with vendable, maybe tradable for a limited time so it could be transferred to main accounts.

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

I'd say just make the food vendable. The VIP buffer and the +20 Genetic foods have both certainly diminished their value already.

Having them vendable would also encourage people to use them, rather than just hoard them. Those who want them would at least have a better way to acquire them.

#5 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Certainly I would like to see them tradeable, vendable I don't care so much for. But I have like 5 of each stat foods stuck on account I don't use. :(

#6 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

Yes,it should be tradable the food,certificate aswell,the question is when?

#7 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

+20 foods exist and are tradable, even more they're actually made by players.
So it is pretty pointless for +10 kafra foods to be untradable now.
Also because the effect of having +10 of a stat has really diminished since renewal, when before the difference in damage from ten more str, dex or int could be pretty large.

I really don't think making them tradable will break the economy (any more than it is) and get people clamoring to buy them up just to sell for zeny.
I'm not sure you even could get that much zeny for them if they were tradable because, again, +20 food.

Edited by Krispin, 09 October 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#8 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

Tradable? Vendable...?! B-but... it'll ruin the market on the +10 foods cooked by players! :(

Even if neither becomes vendable, I'd really like the foods to be tradable. It'd be nicer than letting them go to waste in storage if I was able to give them to characters that would be able to make good use of them in some way.

#9 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

yes...... its freaking anoying my archer with those foods and i cant trade then.... i dont know but i dont see a big problem with that, this foods wont broke the game anymore....

Would a Food Trader be a better choice? Or possibly making them account bound, rather then character?

Also would Creating Stat Food to work differently, could that create balance and force things to play out a particular way?

Such as...

-All +10 and Lower food can only be created with a Certificate from the Orleans Food school and The Corresponding Cook Book.
(This idea could be expanded in a different direction for game play; different topic, different thread.)
-For +11 and high food, only Genetic can create.
- For +10 and lower food only characters level 99 and lower can use.
- For +11 and high food only characters level 100 and higher can use.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 09 October 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#10 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

They are already account bound, not character bound.

#11 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

personally i have a lot of these foods on alts as well....and i mean a lot. making the foods tradable is great but i do know its pretty game-breaking seeing how many alts people actually have. people still buys +10 kafra food such as vit food (because it stacks with +20 food and is +3 stat better than vip buff), so making it tradable will definitely reduce income to the gm's, which i doubt they will like.

#12 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:29 AM

personally i have a lot of these foods on alts as well....and i mean a lot. making the foods tradable is great but i do know its pretty game-breaking seeing how many alts people actually have. people still buys +10 kafra food such as vit food (because it stacks with +20 food and is +3 stat better than vip buff), so making it tradable will definitely reduce income to the gm's, which i doubt they will like.

I am going to have to agree with this. I alone would have over 100 of each food spread across my accounts. :( There are plenty with more alts than I have, the marketplace would be flooded.

#13 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Tradable? Vendable...?! B-but... it'll ruin the market on the +10 foods cooked by players! :(

Even if neither becomes vendable, I'd really like the foods to be tradable. It'd be nicer than letting them go to waste in storage if I was able to give them to characters that would be able to make good use of them in some way.

no 1 make those foods anymore, they are a waste of time

#14 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

no 1 make those foods anymore, they are a waste of time

You aren't familiar with sarcasm, are you....? I also think you didn't bother reading the entire post. LOL.

#15 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

You aren't familiar with sarcasm, are you....? I also think you didn't bother reading the entire post. LOL.

im supporting what you wrote......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users