Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

The MVPs that I am annoyed I can't do, due to the,m being camped, aren't even included in the summoner. So I hardly see the point beyond letting casual players try it to see what the hubbub is about -or- pro players utilizing it as an avenue for making drops/cards more common than they rightfully should be. Should just take out the card drop and add some sort of MVP Eden Token that unlocks something for the players that defeated the MVP. Something that elite players would roll their eyes at, but casual players would be like "cool ;)"

#152 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

I don't understand how there can even be an argument for wanting the no cooldown thing...unless you're a person who just wants free items without having to work for anything.

MVPs spawn on maps for a reason. You have to work for their card. And that's also why they have delays in when they spawn again. MVP.....-M-V-P-. It's not a normal monster that you should be able to run around and kill as much as you want.

Their cards are game changing (PVM or WoE). I don't see why they should ever be any easier to get. We're slowly moving to pRO. Don't have have like...Tao and all in Kafra Shop or something?

Everybody will use every char they have to farm Tao. Nerfs in the future or not, that card will ALWAYS be OP. ALWAYS!

I just don't understand how "I can finally kill MVPs that I couldn't before because of comp" goes anywhere. You're basically saying...you want to sit in town and have MVPs handed to you while other people, like me, are waking up every 5-7 hours and killing MVPs to hold their time. We rotate times throughout my guild so we can make sure that every spawn is covered. That's what RO is about. Otherwise, I'll summon it 15 times a day and have everybody in my guild do the same, every day. With 56 people in guild, we should have cards in no time. =) That's over 840 Taos a day =D!

#153 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

I don't understand how there can even be an argument for wanting the no cooldown thing...unless you're a person who just wants free items without having to work for anything.

MVPs spawn on maps for a reason. You have to work for their card. And that's also why they have delays in when they spawn again. MVP.....-M-V-P-. It's not a normal monster that you should be able to run around and kill as much as you want.

Their cards are game changing (PVM or WoE). I don't see why they should ever be any easier to get. We're slowly moving to pRO. Don't have have like...Tao and all in Kafra Shop or something?

Everybody will use every char they have to farm Tao. Nerfs in the future or not, that card will ALWAYS be OP. ALWAYS!

I just don't understand how "I can finally kill MVPs that I couldn't before because of comp" goes anywhere. You're basically saying...you want to sit in town and have MVPs handed to you while other people, like me, are waking up every 5-7 hours and killing MVPs to hold their time. We rotate times throughout my guild so we can make sure that every spawn is covered. That's what RO is about. Otherwise, I'll summon it 15 times a day and have everybody in my guild do the same, every day. With 56 people in guild, we should have cards in no time. =) That's over 840 Taos a day =D!

People like you are the reason I'm against this change Dan <3

#154 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

She called me Dan ;)

#155 Zeroshift

Zeroshift

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

couldnt have agreed more..lets see how many tao cards are floating in all iro servers like 1month after this update

#156 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Sigh...I dont see why this topic is an issue outside of personal theories ._. If anything,this means that MORE people would be willing to sell MvP cards that would normally be super glued to accounts until further notice,yet the mass majority complain about balance? Even if everyone had access to the same things,the ones that are more skilled/experienced would still win any damn way.Dont be surprised if the VIP only services started selling MvP cards on the fly in the future!!!(echos)

(lol unlikely to happen but that damn Toosie Roll Owl didn't have the real answer to how many licks it took to finish a sucker either)

You guys gotta start looking things on the bright side and stop complaining in your parameters only on what you do in this game.Iam non VIP with only a 144 RK(call me a nuub all you want) and I still dont see why we have this page of nonsense.I guess feedback is feedback I suppose and you have the right to vent but my goodness fellas,it is NOT game breaking by any means.Relax =o

#157 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

I'm not gonna post anymore because my posts are usually uncalled for. Just voicing my opinion. Hopefully it goes somewhere.

Next, god item creations will be 5000 Kafra Points. Then there will be no comp at anything ever again. =)

Edited by Lambor, 11 October 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#158 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

Remove Tao from the summoner.

You can thank me later. BD

Edit: Because some people have no sense of humor about this and will instantly rage apparently, IT'S A JOKE for crying out loud.

Edited by morphine, 11 October 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#159 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

You're basically saying...you want to sit in town and have MVPs handed to you while other people, like me, are waking up every 5-7 hours and killing MVPs to hold their time. We rotate times throughout my guild so we can make sure that every spawn is covered. That's what RO is about. Otherwise, I'll summon it 15 times a day and have everybody in my guild do the same, every day. With 56 people in guild, we should have cards in no time. =) That's over 840 Taos a day =D!

It's exactly why they are fixing this.
It's a major flaw in a game design to let a few individuals have the complete monopoly of certain monsters.

As seen in other games with similar designs, I'm 100% sure you would keep killing Tao even if every single person in your guild had the card just to deny other people from having it.

Edited by Shiroi17, 11 October 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#160 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Come comp me, bro. My MVP was out for 6 hours yesterday and nobody showed up. And I was 3 hours late this morning.

I'm hardly camping it, actually. Just...I'm the only one that does it now.

Monopoly? I'm just an opportunist.

#161 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted Image

Remove Tao from the summoner.

You can thank me later. BD

Yea, Tao's gonna get attention of the masses. I agree Tao should be remove.

#162 Pedrov

Pedrov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

there is no reason to remove tao from summoner . stop crying and play the ;) game

#163 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

She called me Dan ;)

<3

And don't you dare think about spending your guilds fortunes to aquire the cards that other people get either!

#164 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

LMAO. It was a joke. Here, I thought the cute animal would put that across better. Everyone, lighten up. Every single change in this game results in PANIC OF THE MASSES, without exception.

#165 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

It's exactly why they are fixing this.
It's a major flaw in a game design to let a few individuals have the complete monopoly of certain monsters.

Yeah,I agree with you 100%.And since the GMs know that those types are gonna time each of the MvPs outside of the non VIP parameters,they should be limited to just that.Then if they wanna hunt the MvPs faster (in time in which most of them would eventually do once they see VIP hunting > Manuel Hunting),VIP their asses ;)

#166 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

"Lambor, on 11 October 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

I don't understand how there can even be an argument for wanting the no cooldown thing...unless you're a person who just wants free items without having to work for anything."

Your views are hardly going to be unbiased based on being the guild leader of a guild with pretty much all the mvp cards. You posts therefore are QQ I dont want others to have good stuff like I already have for less effort than I put in.

At the moment you can already do these Mvps every day. In fact twice a day easily but it requires you to have killed them ingame to do so. Oh wait they always camped by guilds with international members that hold the times throughout the clock on all the servers. This change means that everyone can someone an mvp once a day they would like to do and its not a 'your guild already kills it 11 times a day heres a 4 bonus kills by using its trash drops'.

Its not hard to see why that would upset you if currently you get 15 Taos a day and the rest of the server got the chance for 0.

RO has too long been a game where the few have much and the masses have nothing unless they bot or sell WPE to the few. This gives something to those little guys that wouldnt stand a chance in open compertition.

I really hope Heim doesnt liston to the whining of these few.

Edited by Codface, 11 October 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#167 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

Come comp me, bro. My MVP was out for 6 hours yesterday and nobody showed up. And I was 3 hours late this morning.

I'm hardly camping it, actually. Just...I'm the only one that does it now.

Monopoly? I'm just an opportunist.

Go to valk server it's very competitive in Tao. The server is sooo hungry for it.

#168 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Can't wait to make extra VIP accts to summon a -_-load of Tao gunkas I could do like a hundred a day n all I gotta do is kill em on novices

#169 Pedrov

Pedrov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

if tao is removed then what about the people who sold it after the update LOL GMs cannot change the update every now and then

#170 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

Sigh...I dont see why this topic is an issue outside of personal theories ._. If anything,this means that MORE people would be willing to sell MvP cards that would normally be super glued to accounts until further notice,yet the mass majority complain about balance? Even if everyone had access to the same things,the ones that are more skilled/experienced/able to pay moar in the game would still win any damn way.Dont be surprised if the VIP only services started selling MvP cards on the fly in the future!!!(echos)

Well, this is still a bonus. For VIP or not, the summoner is still avaiable, you don't need to camp try to find the MVP on the maps.

@Jaye~~~~ ^_^

Theories... Theories... We can't say one is wrong, and the other one is right. We need to assume all of them are right until they are proven wrong. This is how science works. And that's why science is SLOW.

A drop of a card may be 0.02%, mainly because to the fact cards were affected by the drop penalty too, therefore on the max penalty, they had 0.01% drop chance. Maybe not for MVP cards, therefore they could be set 0.01% directly. but for the others, yes.

And for items with "0% chance which drops", I have another theory.

Between 0 and 10000, there are 10001 numbers. Most wikis may floor it to zero, to accept only the two digits, but in reality, it is 0.0099%. A card may have that "0.01%" [numbers equal or lower than 1, the only possible options are 0 and the 1], but by having two possible results for it to drop, it can be considered 0.02%. I've noticed most items on Renewal really got the drop moved from "x to x+0.01", maybe because of a change on the way to drop something, or maybe because of the drop penalty, to evade those 0% drop items.

Of course, this may not be right, but as a theory, it can be considered true until real facts appear.

if tao is removed then what about the people who sold it after the update LOL GMs cannot change the update every now and then

Yes, they can. GM = Game Master.

Edited by asayuu, 11 October 2011 - 11:13 AM.

#171 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Heim made a post saying that it's likely to change. They shouldn't have jumped the gun and sold off on patch notes that were posted before the maintenance even took place.

My guild doesn't have all the MVP cards.

And I don't care if other people have the cards too. I'd just prefer that people have to actually try to get them rather than just summoning it and killing it every day with multiple different characters.

My girlfriend and I both play RO. She just killed Tao for me on Ymir not that long ago, and she has never played a sura in her life. It took her over 10 minutes to do it.

I don't see how I'm hogging it or keeping other people from getting cards. If you wanted the cards that much, you would have put the effort in that me and my guild do. If you only want them now because of the upcoming maintenance, you're just lazy and don't deserve a thing except for Kafra Shop hats.

#172 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Even if everyone had access to the same things,the ones that are more skilled/experienced would still win any damn way.

The ones that pays more or viciously camps for a whole year on genetics and suras to get 1 card that is. I say, let people camp all they want and make hundreds of VIP accounts. Who the :) cares? :p_ang: It's their loss and if for any reason there aren't 810 mistress cards a day in valk server with 2 summons a day I don't see how there's going to be 810 Tao Gunka card a day ;)

Edit: Asayuu said the same thing as I about the paying part lol.

Edited by HRdevil, 11 October 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#173 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Well, this is still a bonus. For VIP or not, the summoner is still avaiable, you don't need to camp try to find the MVP on the maps.

More of something isn't always bad.Sure,skilled players are getting a bonus as well at the same time but its safe to assume that most VIP accounts aren't exactly a mass of hardcore players due to their timelogs/schedules which is highly understandable.You can still Get into a 2011 Toyota and crash into George's other tree is what Iam getting at. ;)

#174 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

Surely. Just use the word "resources".

There are people and people. People with too many resources, able to blow a car per day/week/month, and people with few resources who saved for years to have a car. And in both sides it may be people which use it right or wrong.

On the game, "resources" can mean either a lot of real money, a lot of zeny, a lot of items, or just a class able to blow those MVPs easily. Those ones will have facilited access, but it does not mean they will use them wisely. [Had someone ever heard of the "Mistress Card on a Helm [1]" joke? It was very common.]

@Jaye [Post below]

Got it now. So the wikis are wrong. The drop penalty theory is still up though~~~~

Edited by asayuu, 11 October 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#175 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

@Jaye~~~~ ^_^

Theories... Theories... We can't say one is wrong, and the other one is right. We need to assume all of them are right until they are proven wrong. This is how science works. And that's why science is SLOW.

A drop of a card may be 0.02%, mainly because to the fact cards were affected by the drop penalty too, therefore on the max penalty, they had 0.01% drop chance. Maybe not for MVP cards, therefore they could be set 0.01% directly. but for the others, yes.

And for items with "0% chance which drops", I have another theory.

Between 0 and 10000, there are 10001 numbers. Most wikis may floor it to zero, to accept only the two digits, but in reality, it is 0.0099%. A card may have that "0.01%" [numbers equal or lower than 1, the only possible options are 0 and the 1], but by having two possible results for it to drop, it can be considered 0.02%. I've noticed most items on Renewal really got the drop moved from "x to x+0.01", maybe because of a change on the way to drop something, or maybe because of the drop penalty, to evade those 0% drop items.

Of course, this may not be right, but as a theory, it can be considered true until real facts appear.

Yes, they can. GM = Game Master.

Nothing changed, doddler's theory is just standardly accepted, which is X+0.01. The point of my post was you multiplied the +0.01 by all drop mods, when that's not the case. You add the +0.01 After all mods. The 0.01 is just to account for 0, since the game rolls 1 to 10000 and cannot roll a 0. iWiki's DB has adopted this theory and applies +0.01 to all drops. The main reason for this adjustment is to justify receiving applies that are supposed to be 0%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users