• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#176 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

Heim made a post saying that it's likely to change. They shouldn't have jumped the gun and sold off on patch notes that were posted before the maintenance even took place.

My guild doesn't have all the MVP cards.

And I don't care if other people have the cards too. I'd just prefer that people have to actually try to get them rather than just summoning it and killing it every day with multiple different characters.

My girlfriend and I both play RO. She just killed Tao for me on Ymir not that long ago, and she has never played a sura in her life. It took her over 10 minutes to do it.

I don't see how I'm hogging it or keeping other people from getting cards. If you wanted the cards that much, you would have put the effort in that me and my guild do. If you only want them now because of the upcoming maintenance, you're just lazy and don't deserve a thing except for Kafra Shop hats.

Talk about being self-centered, ok let's use data to make you understand.
Drop rate: 0.03 (with VIP, theory)
Drop/Kill ratio average: 1/3333
Spawns per day: 5
Drops per day: 0.001
1 card every 1000 days

You basicaly have to kill every single spawns for 3 years to get to the Drop/Kill ratio. (Without gum/double drop)
Add competition, let's say only 10 people willing to do that ... it'll take you 30 years to reach the ratio. WITH ONLY 10 PEOPLE.

They aren't lazy, they are SANE.
If your guild can pump 1 card every month with the new system, feel free to abuse it, most people won't ever get their hands on the card even with the new system because it still takes a lot of dedication or plain luck.

#177 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

Heim made a post saying that it's likely to change. They shouldn't have jumped the gun and sold off on patch notes that were posted before the maintenance even took place.

My guild doesn't have all the MVP cards.

And I don't care if other people have the cards too. I'd just prefer that people have to actually try to get them rather than just summoning it and killing it every day with multiple different characters.

My girlfriend and I both play RO. She just killed Tao for me on Ymir not that long ago, and she has never played a sura in her life. It took her over 10 minutes to do it.

I don't see how I'm hogging it or keeping other people from getting cards. If you wanted the cards that much, you would have put the effort in that me and my guild do. If you only want them now because of the upcoming maintenance, you're just lazy and don't deserve a thing except for Kafra Shop hats.

I understand where your coming from to as well.But you have to realize that it takes an effort to assemble a guild thats trustworthy,an effort to have the foods,gears,skills,ect to withstand the majority upper mid-high tiers of the MvPs speaking from a rookies background.Not to mention the fact that again time zones are pretty much a major factor in the reasoning on why most that dont camp MvPs dont see them currently,lol.

#178 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

No offense to anybody here, but I wish the GMs looked at wiki before making any changes to this game. I feel like wiki pulls in a different caliber of players. People who are willing to work for things.

Have a wonderful day. ;)

Edited by Lambor, 11 October 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#179 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Summoner change..more pay2win.

;)

#180 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

Summoner was already pay2win no? So it'd be actually pay to win more than you were XD

#181 Frank1e

Frank1e

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

No offense to anybody here, but I wish the GMs looked at wiki before making any changes to this game. I feel like wiki pulls in a different caliber of players. People who are willing to work for things.

Have a wonderful day. ;)

+1 this

#182 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Have a wonderful day. ;)

Can certainly agree with some of the sentiment here. The wiki does have a different type of player on its forums. I think Wiki's forum base are more older players who've played the game since its infancy, with fewer newer players, and some players of different languaged ROs. Conversely iRO's forum has a lot of inexperienced players.

#183 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

Can certainly agree with some of the sentiment here. The wiki does have a different type of player on its forums. I think Wiki's forum base are more older players who've played the game since its infancy, with fewer newer players, and some players of different languaged ROs. Conversely iRO's forum has a lot of inexperienced players.

i miss dodler.....

#184 Esper

Esper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:Odin, Chaos

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

What kind of community has this game's users turned into?

First the game went F2P. Most people are happy.

Then paying (VIP) gave bonuses. People who are too cheap to pay for a service they are enjoying begin QQing about how they ~*dont get as much*~ So CONSTANTLY the GMs have been catering more and more to vip and non vip alike.

NEWSFLASH.

RAGNAROK ONLINE COST 12$ A MONTH FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS. GET OVER VIP GETTING MORE SPECIAL TREATMENT THAN FREE USERS.

If you don't like it, pay for it.

I see nothing wrong with the changes. If you want a FREE MVP SUMMON pay 7$ (cheaper than ever before) to have 31+ free mvp summons. If you don't wanna shell out the 7$, clam up, get out.

Pay for a service if you want to QQ about something. If you're a free user: SIT DOWN.

--

Changes all look good. Looking forward to MVP turn in. Wish I hadn't sold some of my MVP gear and stuff XD Wanna see new TI events, too! ;)

#185 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

I'm fine with making summoner VIP only, but I find it stupid to be able to summon mvps w/o catalyst. It will lead to mass farming of mvps like tao. Make it VIP only + catalyst and lower the cooldown to like 5 hrs, since you won't be able to farm good mvps w/o the catalyst I guess it wont lead to mass farming.

#186 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

Have a wonderful day. ;)

This.

also @ people qq about VIP and such, I don't think anyone cares about it being VIP or not, just the increase in summons.

#187 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thats why I dont understand the anger from the veterans ;)

#188 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

I'm fine with making summoner VIP only, but I find it stupid to be able to summon mvps w/o catalyst. It will lead to mass farming of mvps like tao. Make it VIP only + catalyst and lower the cooldown to like 5 hrs, since you won't be able to farm good mvps w/o the catalyst I guess it wont lead to mass farming.

I think this is a good idea. I think farming is the biggest issue here. At least with catalyst it can (maybe) limit the farming of mvps.

#189 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Thats why I dont understand the anger from the veterans ;)

I think "anger" isn't really the correct emotion here. Frustration, concern, disapproval... It's not a simple case of "us" vs. "them" and trying to view it as such is skewing the message.

#190 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

The issue with the catalyst is that you can't have one unless you kill the MVP and you can't kill the MVP because everyone is camping it. They could add a normal monster drop catalyst but then nothing would change except an increase in bots.

#191 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

I think "anger" isn't really the correct emotion here. Frustration, concern, disapproval... It's not a simple case of "us" vs. "them" and trying to view it as such is simplifying the message.

From the hardcore aspects,its deep. ;)

#192 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

For the simple minded, I suppose.

#193 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Come comp me, bro. My MVP was out for 6 hours yesterday and nobody showed up. And I was 3 hours late this morning.

I'm hardly camping it, actually. Just...I'm the only one that does it now.

Monopoly? I'm just an opportunist.

Just saw this, wanna throw me the time that you can't make to keep schedule?!

#194 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

The issue with the catalyst is that you can't have one unless you kill the MVP and you can't kill the MVP because everyone is camping it. They could add a normal monster drop catalyst but then nothing would change except an increase in bots.

I have been camping tao and a couple of mvps for months now and trust me, there is little to no competition down there, I even left other mvps for hours and still find them there. MVPs are supposed to encourage competition not give aways. Have you tried to imagine your server getting 1-2 taos/week?

#195 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Not sure if it's a Ymir thing for Tao, but on Valk and Ygg you don't see Tao alive for more than 5 minutes. Scratch that, unless you have the time of death you never see it. Also, I don't care about more people getting Tao card, I'm pretty sure quite a few people "deserve" one and still didn't get it.

Edited by Shiroi17, 11 October 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#196 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Just saw this, wanna throw me the time that you can't make to keep schedule?!

I'll MSN you when I can't make it. ;)

#197 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

I am on valk.

#198 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

For the simple minded, I suppose.

Thats pretty much the trend of games now in a nutshell to be honest from what Ive seen.iRO was a unique game at a certain point of time due to the fact that it was that much different than other games.However,let me ask you this and feel free to answer it with any type of response of your choosing.Rather it be complex,flaming,pictures like a Myspace page,anime inspired responses(faceplam),whatever.

Lets say your business named "different" which showing off unique features to your game that while making it stand out due to the sheer hardwork it takes to be great isn't gaining as much attention as "simple"."Simple" offering bonuses that makes the learning curve of the game pointless but at the same time makes more money than "different" because of the accessibility to things that are were hard to get.Which one would you choose and why? =o

#199 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have been camping tao and a couple of mvps for months now and trust me, there is little to no competition down there, I even left other mvps for hours and still find them there. MVPs are supposed to encourage competition not give aways. Have you tried to imagine your server getting 1-2 taos/week?

So from your camping how many taos did you produced? I'm just curious. Posted Image

#200 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

ro now is a dumb downed game that caters to the lazy. hard work doesn't mean a quarter of what it meant years ago. and its starting to go towards even less work you have to do in mvping, lvling, etc to acheive a certain result.

anyone with a brain can easily make large amounts of zeny with a fraction of the effort as before. add in this vip benefit and you might as well take out all the regular spawn mvps that can be summoned as well as make no one ever want to do kvm legally since you can just summon a bunch and trade the unwanted gears for eden badges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users