149 replies to this topic

#51 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:41 AM

certainly some skill in inventory to heal as the NPC, charging and everything so for example: mu online , and other games xD

i agree. +1 to this idea.

the zuly drain aspect of the new system makes a lot of sense.
Even the display is fine with me.

What I object to is having to return to an NPC every 20 minutes to repair my weapon.

Give ALL players the ability to repair items just like the NPC does.
Make it cost the same amount of zuly by all means.

I tested the system with my 40 dura gun yesterday.
Started at the entrance to the Forest of wandering (with 40/40 on my gun) and ran down the path toward the prison shooting each monster in my path as I went.
I didn't hang around in any one spot. Just kept moving by the shortest path I know.
By the time I reached Prison (about 10 minutes) my gun was reading 9/40 so I had to scroll back to town to fix it.

If i could fix it myself it would be fine (expensive as hell but I guess that's the point) but as it stands it's impossible to play.

#52 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

What I object to is having to return to an NPC every 20 minutes to repair my weapon.

Give ALL players the ability to repair items just like the NPC does.
Make it cost the same amount of zuly by all means.

I tested the system with my 40 dura gun yesterday.
Started at the entrance to the Forest of wandering (with 40/40 on my gun) and ran down the path toward the prison shooting each monster in my path as I went.
I didn't hang around in any one spot. Just kept moving by the shortest path I know.
By the time I reached Prison (about 10 minutes) my gun was reading 9/40 so I had to scroll back to town to fix it.

If i could fix it myself it would be fine (expensive as hell but I guess that's the point) but as it stands it's impossible to play.

All I can say Purple is wow, that IS shocking. This is unacceptable, period.

Leonis,

I know you are probably just the messenger of the bad news (this is bad news), I won't shoot you. But I do expect you to carry back the major disatisfaction and disappointment this update brings to players of Rose to the decision makers. You know I've played this game since closed beta, and as such feel strongly this is just taking the rip out of players. I need to be fair and test this myself, but if I find a similar experience to what is reported here, that will be me spending alot less time in game and any recommendations to other players, new or existing will be flavored by these things, and not positively. This isn't going to help word of mouth advertising from my standpoint. Yes, I have a sister who is a big MMO player and was planning to involve her in Rose - but for now I'm going to wait and see.

I would like to add some thoughts about where durability may have gone out of kilter - and reference the topic in Community chat about refining. Calanor acknowledged that leveling is too fast and that at the root of the problem with refining (ie people only really need to concentrate on refining their highest weapon, since they blow though the lower levels so fast). That being said, no wonder dura has become infitesimally insignificant. I argue that if you slow leveling back down to like 2007 rates, dura will automatically become more significant again, because of the time involved. Do you think I'll find the game enjoyable if I have to warp back to down every 30-60+ minutes just to repair, and to sink my zuly? I find that impinges on the enjoyment of everyday game play. Rather cut back the dura damage rate and lengthen leveling times - that is your answer to many issues in the game. Yes, people will complain about that, but so will children if they are used to getting candy instead of solid food. Once you get used to solid food again, you find it much more satisying and nutricious.

So in conclusion Leonis, I hope you don't see the responses in this topic as the "usual" whining or disatisfaction of the players, but this is a fundamental game play problem for many of us - and the real solution is to fix the root of the problem rather than foist on the players a quick fix by making us run back to repair and spend zuly far more often than we had to before. Rather, you need to slow the damage rate to weapons and armor closer to original rates AND slow leveling down. That way the overall repair incidence and zuly spent is more proportional to the overall leveling process, as it once was.

The original designers of the game had everything in balance pretty well, it was when Gravity started messing with the variables that knocked all kinds of things out of balance. It's only natural that when you try to fix some of those parts thrown out of blance, that its going to have unintended and undesired consquences. This is one of them.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 16 October 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#53 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

This durability update is blowing chunks :)
Im really disappointed that the time between repairs has been considerably reduced to the point that its not even worth leaving town.
One thing i hate is faffing about. Ya Know...sorting inventory...buying supplies...making my way to a hunt spot.
Now its been deliberately tweaked and i have to multiply those faff about trips...meh :)

I must admit the game has never been the same for me since the Sense Clerics Annihilation.
There has been times since then, that my faith/interest is restored....and then you go and do daft updates like this.
Leonis, the rate that this is currently set at, is way too extreme. Please relook at your figures or whatevers and atleast sort this durability to an acceptable level.

#54 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

I wonder if the Item Mall revenue generated from the sale of Repair Hammers would be enough to off-set the loss from the Item Mall runes for refining. I know I have lost any desire to refine gear after seeing what it does to the repair costs -- higher refine gear degrades just as fast as their base counterparts, and I don't believe the increase to accuracy and damage per hit is anywhere near enough to offset the dramatic increase in repair costs.

I believe for most characters now (aside from those at the level max) it would be far more cost effective to buy ten of whatever their current weapon of choice is from the NPC, and five chest pieces (since this is the piece that takes the most hits defensively), and just re-gear and discard (or disassemble and hope for crafting mats instead of blades) whenever any piece hits zero durability. That might be less expensive, and far, far less annoying than having to return to town every half-hour (if one is lucky) and pay far more to repair gear than one made on the entire farming trip.

I know I'm not about to try to complete that idiotic Orlo Quest looking for the 'salvagable gear' I need when I can't even get across a single map before my weapon is useless. Since I have just started on Orlo, I can't even get to the town to see if there is someone to repair my gear -- I have to go back to the Portal, back to Oblivion Temple, scroll to a town, repair my gear, then trek back to the Temple, use the Portal -- for what? Another twenty minutes of frustration trying to get across one stinking map to get to the map I need to try to search on? Nuts to that!

Spoiler

#55 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

So far I'm disgusted by all this update is turning out to be. For me it represents a forced leave of absense until they get this nonsense rolled back. What in God's name were they thinking? Drive the loyal players to insanity and run for this hills? (sorry for this LadyP moment, but I'm baffled).

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 16 October 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#56 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

My opinion would be to reduce rate of durability life loss and increase costs of repairs since you
want it to be a zulie drain.

As I also stated above, seems like an easy solution.

+1

Edit: For some some players this could turn out to be TOO costly tho.

OT? Better find some more ways to make a zulie drain then just a single one.
I read somewhere about taking taxes to every shop, like a small percentage that an individual would hardly see. 1% of the value it sells for or the like, can't remember who posted it atm.

So far I'm disgusted by all this update is turning out to be. For me it represents a forced leave of absense until they get this nonsense rolled back. What in God's name were they thinking? Drive the loyal players to insanity and run for this hills? (sorry for this LadyP moment, but I'm baffled).

Made me smile at the comparison :)

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 16 October 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#57 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

I would like to see it possible to not have to run back to town in order to repair something at the cost for zulie. Make this not quite as big of a zulie drain, but also add several others so that the zulie drain is actually larger.
Personally I would view this as better if it was more set to improve the economy than to sell more repair hammers for a few $ profit.

#58 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Server:Draco

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

I was in Temple of Oblivion B2 with my level 103 Artisan. I just turned 103 and working on going to 104. I was not in a party, because almost no one wants to party with an Artisan. I had my girlfriend helping me with buffs/heals each time I needed it. My weapon was 40/40 when I started. I only got half way to level 104 when my weapon got to 3/40. I could not gain one level without having to repair everything. Overall, I did not like going only half way to the next leveling before having to return to town.

As of right now I am thinking of not selling my previous weapons and just use them in turn to be able to continue on with the leveling and then after I am done go back and repair all of them. I would have less inventory slots in order to farm for materials, but if I was just leveling I would make that sacrifice.

I have not tested this out with my 193 Artisan in Orlo, but I figure this is going to really hurt us in Orlo where everything is VERY far and we don't have any scrolls to warp us anywhere.

I wanted to see if after farming, selling materials, then fixing weapon and armor if I have anything left over. I was farming with my Champ in Xita by myself. Picking up everything that dropped, I have the Brown Cadet outfit (spent nearly 15 dollars on lucky spin to get it btw) on so some was double drops I got. The armor and weapons lasted enough to get my inventory full, but not by much. When I came back from farming I sold everything collected. I could not repair everything that was broken. After selling off everything I farmed to the NPC was at a net loss of -7,363 zulie. I would have to go to junon to sell my materials to those people, but then it costs zulie to travel to junon then back to xita. So, it would add to my negative zulie. I would need the zulie before I could travel back and forth.

Overall it was a net loss when farming and could not sustain a positive zulie amount without selling to non npc vendors materials or vending items myself at inflated prices.

Random thoughts: I have seen piles of mats people that auto bot just leave on the ground and it hurts a little cause they are just giving up zulie they could be collecting. Even though we have limited inventory space to collect it. dirty hearts, dirty ore, and other expensive stuff just going to waste. I think you do need an Artisan to craft things to sell at inflated prices in order to be able to make any zulie from farming. You can't sell everything off at NPC prices and expect to get your items repaired with zulie left over.

This is comparable to:
1) Taking the ability for clerics to heal us, the ability to hold food, the ability to hold pots out of the game.
2) Putting the food and pots as a Item mall only Items.
3) Then Having us need to eat food ingame and loose health if we don't eat ever step we take. Or make it a chance we get a health point took away if we take a step.
4) Then only having a "Inn" ingame where we go back to heal all the time.

I never enjoyed playing those type of RPG games that takes away health if you don't eat on the console. Not sure if I enjoy playing a MMORPG that takes that and does it to the weapons/armor.

If you want to keep this all the time then I suggest offering better Repair hammer prices. 500 for $1. Because we do have 7 slots we have to repair each time we need to repair. I know everything is getting more expensive these days, but 0.70 cents each time we don't want to run back to the NPC to repair our armor/weapon is kind of an arm and leg for it.

Edited by onicdesigns, 16 October 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#59 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

it's impossible to lvl anymore. From lvl 1-10 you gotta go repair 5 times...

imagen a champ, Driving from xita to prison since you wont include any actuall scrolls to places or a portal (WHY the hell not?!??!) he finds a pt after 20 mins of looking and then he lure's a little and aoe some and have to go back to xita to repair and do it all over again.

With this system it will take about 7 month's to lvl up to 180...

it's impossible to play anymore with this dura. You can't really lvl at all when your 200+. Even if you got a good lvling spot and pt you'd have to leave it soon enough and loose it for the rest of the night = 5% exp/day Jay!

Dont the admins want us to play together anymore? All we can do i solo lvl, aoe's brun out the dura too fast. Gl hiting 219-220 now with only single target when you have to repair every 10 mins, logics<3

Also why wont this rose server have scrolls to like dod, gos, prison etc etc?
it's not making the make more "fun" without it just more annoying on top of all buggs.
And now this dura thing... RAGE quit?!

Edited by Swiink, 17 October 2011 - 02:30 AM.

#60 pokkaking

pokkaking

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

How does it work?

When attacking:

• Land an attack that caused damage.
  • Chance of durability life loss is put against the item's durability.
  • Resistance succeeded - no durability life loss.
  • Resistance failed
  • The damage dealt is converted in to durability life loss, which should be roughly a 0.1% loss in durability life.
[/list]When defending
  • Received an attack that caused damage.
  • Was the attack blocked by a shield?
  • Yes - The shield will automatically be chosen for the chance to receive durability life loss.
  • Resistance failed
  • The damage dealt is converted in to durability life loss, which should be roughly a 0.1% loss in durability life.
[*]No - One piece of equipment, that is equipped, will now be selected for durability life loss.
  • A piece of equipment is selected at random with the chance rate based on the exposure of the body. (See more below for explanation)
  • Resistance failed
[/list][/list]Equipment Selection for durability life loss

Just re-read the durability changes again. durability life loss, which should be roughly a 0.1% loss in durability life. Pure rubbish I say.
Working backwards on the formula. This means that your equipment at a durability life of 100/100 can only withstand 1000 hits at best give or take.
Even if they decrease the dura life loss by another 50%. It would mean only and extended life of 1500 for your equipment at maximum durability life.
So if you had a weapon at a 100 durability life. The maximum number of hits it can give would translate to roughly 1500 hits(Granted all resistance
chance failed)And usually durability life of equipment is much lower.

Players that are leveling or farming have already felt the effects of these changes and it is a major FAIL. Running back to town to repair every 1/2
hour at a cost of 1/2 a million zulies? It does not make sense at all....Are we at the stage now that we have to buy IM repair hammers in order to
just do some leveling or farming? This is becoming more of a chore than having any fun at all.

The explanation for how the resistance work is pretty fuzzy as if a piece of equipment at a durability life of 100 would have a 100% chance of resisting
any durability life loss wouldn't it ?

I understand the need to change stuff in the game but did the developers really think things through properly before implementation? From the perspective
of the gamers? I think the developers or rather the managers at Gravity need to do some serious reflection(and some serious spanking by ladypsyber)

It's not the first time I'm seeing folks at gravity implement stuff then fixing up for all the problems created. (It's like you guys wanna run before even
learning to walk 1st) And the more disappointed with each passing week of updates I see.

#61 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Why dont they just up it so a person would have to be attacking or be under attack for 3 hrs straight before their armor breaks. Thats usually about how long it takes for a party to die anyways.

#62 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Are you guys ready for next patch?!

NPC shop update

- All teleport scrolls are removed from shop as the reason Item Mall scroll is not utilized enough.
- All NPC food are removed from shops due to red/blue jelly stew are not being consumed enough.

:)

Good job! Now you need so much points to buy schematic to craft carts now, way to force players to spend more on IM for carts.

#63 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

omg they destroy the game :)

if you want to drop some zulie why dont you make a teleport thing in junon that can take you anywhere (like the on in luna but this one goes all over the game) and make it cost like 50 K to use each time.
That would drop the zulie much more at the same time as you keep the players happy.

Remove this dura change. players would be much happier with that then this.
This will just make ppl rage quit, none will re lvl new chars with these changes...

Edited by Swiink, 17 October 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#64 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Are you guys ready for next patch?!

NPC shop update

- All teleport scrolls are removed from shop as the reason Item Mall scroll is not utilized enough.
- All NPC food are removed from shops due to red/blue jelly stew are not being consumed enough.

<_<

Good job! Now you need so much points to buy schematic to craft carts now, way to force players to spend more on IM for carts.

Ok Rose Community Senator, chop chop! Get you toosh in gear and put in the proposals of what we like and don't like and represent us unwashed depressed, down trodden, hungry Rose peasants. We're getting hammered, and I don't mean by the repair hammer!

#65 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

unwashed

Speak for yourself stinky <_<

#66 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

@ Naughty - ROFL great chuckle you two! after this dura issue i needed the laugh <_<

Well its all been said here. bad update. only helps out with botters. but kills gameplay in many other respects. If you have one newbie telling you it blows, and on the other thread, there are actually several other similar comments from our newer players. For every 1 player you get on forums telling you this stinks, you get 20 others in game who feel the same, and will move on without posting a comment here. Well, like that commercial, "and they tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends, and so on" Your word of mouth advertizing rather backfired here. in abundance.

Aside from our newer players most veterans arent happy. like coffee, im a farmer. i have multiple crafters so i collect bout everthing. and disasemble much for various unobtainable mats. So i spent 2 hrs in LCF today. wore out 2 full sets of armor. collected 3 pages of equips i didnt disasemble, and very few materials. both my toons spent between 250 - 500k on repairs, and only netted 50k in profit - and that from npcing low catas and destruction drills. I had to borrow zulie form another of my toons to pay for the.repairs, replacement scrolls, food, etc. And mind you, my gears, lvl 200, are refined to 10 or less, the chests and weapons have gems. By the way i noted on my mage who was wearing the IM lvl 120 gloves, they were at full lifespan. Is that a new gimick? IM gears dont need repair?

I have to say, that for new players, you have removed every possible method they have to make zulie. You made blades npc for zero, nerfed what the npc will buy armor for horribly (wow it costs more to repair said armor, than what you obtain npcing it!!!) We can't make ANY money for npcing armor drops, so very few people grab em. And frankly, if we have to bring 3 changes of armor and weapons out in the field with us, we got no room to pick it up anyhow!!!. Then, a year or 2 ago you horribly nerfed ALL dura, across the board, on all gears and weapons. so those poor lower level toons run around in dur 7 gears, and got what? 15 min to play b4 they gota hike to town and repair? tho they havent been out there long enuf to make any money to repair. Also, you totally disasociated dura from accuracy and dodge (and broke / nerfed doge too boot!, - and your changes made the game all about ap and stats), so that most crafted gears are made by sen crafters, and have low dura. and even a maxed, pure con arti has a hard time obtaining 100 dura on items they craft. So we run around in dur 8 or 17 hats, and dur 35 - 55 armors, wondering why we cant even get to our leveling spot before our gears are nearly at 0. The only people who dont loose their dur on the way to where they are farming at, are using RTT's And you dont get why all of these changes, have combined to make for rather unpleasant game play experience. I haven't tried a 'normal' party / leveling experience since the update. i see no point in dropping what zulie i have left into crunes hands. And, i have to say, like many others. as things are, there is no way i would waste any IRL cash on IM purchases of RTTs or Repair hammers. Seriously? 7 peices, every 30 minutes?? ya, right. I have better things to spend my cash on. thanks. and like was said before, in this economy? i vote no.

#67 keylock32

keylock32

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

I am new player, and I will say it once again

I don't like it, I don't want it

my char is a Champ he is lvl 72 atm, and I don't feel like I can continue like this (well I can, but it's really annoying to keep going back to repair)

walking too much, no scroll, no money
if developers teams said it is fine and will keep things like this, I better look for another game.

Thank You.

#68 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

So, has anyone actually bought or used the perfect repair hammers after this update? Sounds more like people are boycotting it all together rather than falling victim.

#69 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

@ Naughty - ROFL great chuckle you two! after this dura issue i needed the laugh :help:

HaHa <_<
When i posted that comment i was chuckling in RL. Of course Coffee aka stinky heard me and came over to investigate what the disturbance was aboot. I tried real hard to hide my screen...Honest! Why you laughing?! xD

I think fairs fair. If the Devs are having a laugh, we should to :)

Dear me i hope they sort this out. I need my mojo back -_- Currently im not wanting to level up or farm.
Im just deflated and thats not like me.

#70 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

I used it two times after the update of oct 13, before the update of oct 14 iir. Still waiting for my ticket and my additional perfect rep. hammers cause the make my weapon from 4/68 to 5/68 and then 2/68 to 17/68...

#71 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

HaHa :help:
When i posted that comment i was chuckling in RL. Of course Coffee aka stinky heard me and came over to investigate what the disturbance was aboot. I tried real hard to hide my screen...Honest! Why you laughing?! xD

I think fairs fair. If the Devs are having a laugh, we should to :)

Dear me i hope they sort this out. I need my mojo back -_- Currently im not wanting to level up or farm.
Im just deflated and thats not like me.

hehe. you two are just too cute <_<

btw, VENDING NAUGHY MOJO> 2.8 BILL

cuz naughty mojo is the best kind of mojo

#72 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

@ Naughty - ROFL great chuckle you two! after this dura issue i needed the laugh <_<

Well its all been said here. bad update. only helps out with botters. but kills gameplay in many other respects. If you have one newbie telling you it blows, and on the other thread, there are actually several other similar comments from our newer players. For every 1 player you get on forums telling you this stinks, you get 20 others in game who feel the same, and will move on without posting a comment here. Well, like that commercial, "and they tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends, and so on" Your word of mouth advertizing rather backfired here. in abundance.

With the game play experience of current game play, they are also killing word of mouth advertising. Is this what they call a death wish?

Aside from our newer players most veterans arent happy. like coffee, im a farmer. i have multiple crafters so i collect bout everthing. and disasemble much for various unobtainable mats. So i spent 2 hrs in LCF today. wore out 2 full sets of armor. collected 3 pages of equips i didnt disasemble, and very few materials. both my toons spent between 250 - 500k on repairs, and only netted 50k in profit - and that from npcing low catas and destruction drills. I had to borrow zulie form another of my toons to pay for the.repairs, replacement scrolls, food, etc. And mind you, my gears, lvl 200, are refined to 10 or less, the chests and weapons have gems. By the way i noted on my mage who was wearing the IM lvl 120 gloves, they were at full lifespan. Is that a new gimick? IM gears dont need repair?

I have to say, that for new players, you have removed every possible method they have to make zulie. You made blades npc for zero, nerfed what the npc will buy armor for horribly (wow it costs more to repair said armor, than what you obtain npcing it!!!) We can't make ANY money for npcing armor drops, so very few people grab em. And frankly, if we have to bring 3 changes of armor and weapons out in the field with us, we got no room to pick it up anyhow!!!. Then, a year or 2 ago you horribly nerfed ALL dura, across the board, on all gears and weapons. so those poor lower level toons run around in dur 7 gears, and got what? 15 min to play b4 they gota hike to town and repair? tho they havent been out there long enuf to make any money to repair. Also, you totally disasociated dura from accuracy and dodge (and broke / nerfed doge too boot!, - and your changes made the game all about ap and stats), so that most crafted gears are made by sen crafters, and have low dura. and even a maxed, pure con arti has a hard time obtaining 100 dura on items they craft. So we run around in dur 8 or 17 hats, and dur 35 - 55 armors, wondering why we cant even get to our leveling spot before our gears are nearly at 0. The only people who dont loose their dur on the way to where they are farming at, are using RTT's And you dont get why all of these changes, have combined to make for rather unpleasant game play experience. I haven't tried a 'normal' party / leveling experience since the update. i see no point in dropping what zulie i have left into crunes hands. And, i have to say, like many others. as things are, there is no way i would waste any IRL cash on IM purchases of RTTs or Repair hammers. Seriously? 7 peices, every 30 minutes?? ya, right. I have better things to spend my cash on. thanks. and like was said before, in this economy? i vote no.

I think you distilled the situation down rather nicely. It's almost self destructive behavior or a kind of strange sick insane way to run a game. How can new players actually play the game in any self sustaining way? If the experienced players and farmers are watching their hard earned zuly slowly draining away, the experience of new players are going to be: omg, I'm dead broke and can't keep leveling. I'm not even rewarded enough for my time and efforts to buy food and repair!!! How long can the game go on like this before it comes to a screeching halt?

I think it's only a matter of time before the math tells the story and the GM's and Dev's see the negative effects on the players and health of the game. It will become self evident. I just hope they notice it and turn things around before it's too late, and they draw the wrong conclusion decide enough is enough.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 18 October 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#73 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

the zuly drain aspect of the new system makes a lot of sense.

You said it is expensive as hell to repair. The zuly drain on the game only makes sense if it is in balance with the financial rewards.

Go read Tangobaby's post above and others. The picture you get is that to go out and farm, it actually costs you more than you gain from the farming. You have a net loss. It used to be I could go out and farm and slowly save up some zuly over time while leveling or farming. I never made tons doing just that but some. Now if things are a "net loss" to just go out and kill monster and level, or farm ... that hand writing is on the walls. The game can't go on like this. It's going to kill any incentive for new or long time players go log in and play. Games that are discouraging and not rewarding lose their purpose and draw. What "fun factor" is there in killing monsters with little to no reward, or worse, a negative reward?

I'm just waiting and wondering how long this is madness it going to last? <_<

#74 XsybilX

XsybilX

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Before I post, I want to say that I have not had the chance to go out and deal with this myself, and I am only going by what I have heard directly and indirectly from other players whom I trust.

Pathetic.

Basically, if I, someone who AoEs to cause damage, will go out, it seems that I will need to return to repair in, lets be balanced and fair, and hour and a half. I've been hearing worse, but an hour and a half. I did have to repair my weapon after the patch; and I can assure you those costs were higher then the usual set of drops I would get in a party in an hour and a half.

I'd also like to point out that in this heated and active discussion that it has gone astray and resorted to jokes. But why? I haven't seen an official response since.. the 14th? Huh? Now maybe, just maybe there is another thread. Maybe this thread wasn't the 'real' one to post in and it just turned in to the 'throw stones at 'em!' thread. But no.. its a pinned threat and I could not easily find another threat under the Tech Support or Game Discussions section.

I have just returned from a break due to real life getting in the way. I am only back a short time. When I get the chance to go to Prison or.. wherever else I decide to go train and find out that I too need to return to town after a short period of time, this will cause me to stop as well. There is no fun getting to your spot to only be there for a short time and then to spend all of your spoils just to get back up to speed to do it over again.

#75 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

Zulie drain system eh? Well why dont you supply us enough repair stations in every map?

HECK GIVE US THE REPAIR SKILL SO WE DONT HAVE TO TRAVEL TOO FREAKING FAR AWAY EVERY NOW AND THEN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users