calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Other gears besides 200.
Makes me mad that there is barely anything if at all in the 145-175 level range in towns.
No hardened weapons. No armor. No nothing.

Get your butts to Crune and start refining stuff. There is a market.

/End Rant!!!

#2 Robje

Robje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Seafarer's Rest

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

i dont see a point in refining 145-175 refined equipments... u are level 200 in no time.

My opinion :wacko:

PS. but when the new UW's comes i gonna make a noobie full +15 in low level catogory ^^

#3 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

i dont see a point in refining 145-175 refined equipments... u are level 200 in no time.

My opinion :wacko:

PS. but when the new UW's comes i gonna make a noobie full +15 in low level catogory ^^

bud.. I made a low level for that 4 months ago...

#4 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

You are forgetting about the people who stay low level for a reason... Farming :wacko:

#5 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

There is no point to get good gear for low level characters.

-leveling is way too fast
-no point to keep low level for mats farm and boss farm because there is medal of retrieval
-currently there is no low level Union war
-the drop table is broken, only goblin mage and scavenger pack leader is worth farming
-there is no good weapon (unique) between Lv.100-200
-crafting is broken, all you can craft is some hideous durability junk

:wacko:

#6 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Leveling speed has no impact on what gear to use, since a lot of people just stop at certain levels.
Not everybody wants to pay for MOR, mainly because it is ridiculously expensive (using Z that is).
Low level union war is coming shortly, so that is an added bonus.
Drop table is something they are constantly working on. Not everything has to be about lisents and powders!!!

Now go and make gear dammit!!!!

#7 ote090

ote090

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Leveling speed has no impact on what gear to use, since a lot of people just stop at certain levels.
Not everybody wants to pay for MOR, mainly because it is ridiculously expensive (using Z that is).
Drop table is something they are constantly working on. Not everything has to be about lisents and powders!!!

he has a point :wacko:

#8 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

Just go buy the yellow npc armor and refine them :wacko: thats what I used and after you decide to stay at certain level, go get the UW set.

#9 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

--I always ask people to craft me 145, 155, 180 items, and the community has never failed me when i look for crafters.

#10 Okibi

Okibi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationGeorgia - United States
  • Server:Dracon

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

I think the reason behind this is that people (like me) refine weapons once for their first set of characters (Such as my armor for my Champ, Cleric, Artisan, and Scout) and then keep the armor for my second set (Knight, Mage, Borg, and Raider) I give away the weapons to noobs since I wont be needing them later. :3

#11 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

The reason people dont sell many sub level 200 gears is because leveling is fast and there is not a high demand for that gear. Sometimes I vend extra reinforced gear or hardened weapons that I had made for a character leveling but it usually just clogs up my inventory and takes weeks before someone actually buys it.

#12 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

No one is going to make gear for the niche part of the community that is being silly staying a low level to farm. Make your own! The lower level weapons are usually cooler looking than the lv200 weapons though.

#13 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

Sadly the reasons posted are true.
The speed players level up at removes the need or feeling of need to upgrade items other than their final ones.

#14 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

The speed players level up at removes the need or feeling of need to upgrade items other than their final ones.

Calanor... you guys are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's obvious based on this discussion alone that leveling is way too fast. However, if you decrease the exp to make leveling slower you are gonna get so much grief from the community.

Sometimes I wonder how you manage. :)

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 15 October 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#15 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Which leads to one of my old suggestions.

Cut experience rates by 75%.

Make levelling harder. Give us the feeling of satisfaction after reaching lvl 100 or lvl 220. Make us WISH new weapons every 10 levels just to gain that little extra ap.

From a business point of view, lower exp would increase the sales of Exp Medals, would create a decent market for lower lvl armors\weapons, would make people less bored to play, and make them stay for longer = more $

Edited by Gojio, 15 October 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#16 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Make levelling harder. Give us the feeling of satisfaction after reaching lvl 100 or lvl 220. Make us WISH new weapons every 10 levels just to gain that little extra ap.

From a business point of view, lower exp would increase the sales of Exp Medals, would create a decent market for lower lvl armors\weapons, would make people less bored to play, and make them stay for longer = more $

Those players that are used to the current exp system would likely get very angry at such a drastic change. So much so that a lot of the community just might quit. New players, however, that have no knowledge of the previous system would not know the difference. If their intention is to get rid of old players and gain new ones (which I am not saying is what they want) this would surely work.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 15 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#17 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Calanor... you guys are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's obvious based on this discussion alone that leveling is way too fast. However, if you decrease the exp to make leveling slower you are gonna get so much grief from the community.

Well, you get players addicted to fast leveling and then realize maybe it's kinda ruined the game in many ways, it's a hard decision to make. But probably the best thing is to suck it up, slow down the leveling and endure the first storm. Eventually it will pass.

I remember back in the early days after Eldeon was introduced, it took me 10 hours to level CoffeeMuse at around level 145. Ok, it was mega slow but, but they didn't speed leveling up very much despite the glacial pace that it was. There does seem to be something terribly wrong when people can get max level so fast as described in this thread. Then there was the days that to what people was the "gold standard version" of Rose, Irose... took my 3 months to get to level 90. The strange thing was it was a blast back then. I think in some ways, the devs allowing the leveling to be too fast has been self defeating and has actually ruined the game and made everyone burn out too fast.

#18 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Well, you get players addicted to fast leveling and then realize maybe it's kinda ruined the game in many ways, it's a hard decision to make. But probably the best thing is to suck it up, slow down the leveling and endure the first storm. Eventually it will pass.

I remember back in the early days after Eldeon was introduced, it took me 10 hours to level CoffeeMuse at around level 145. Ok, it was mega slow but, but they didn't speed leveling up very much despite the glacial pace that it was. There does seem to be something terribly wrong when people can get max level so fast as described in this thread. Then there was the days that to what people was the "gold standard version" of Rose, Irose... took my 3 months to get to level 90. The strange thing was it was a blast back then. I think in some ways, the devs allowing the leveling to be too fast has been self defeating and has actually ruined the game and made everyone burn out too fast.

I agree Coffee and the only way to fix things is to add new planet(s), increase level cap, and slow down leveling.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 15 October 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#19 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

Nice suggestion as well as realistic. 75% is a a very fair number. At one time, several years ago, I remember there was a patch that increased defense and the community went berserk from the results. Within a week, or so, things were changed back and became easy again. I don't want to see a crazy monster defense change. Just reduce the experience as Gojio has proposed. Very simple fix (I assume) compared to altering monster attribute(s) to balance the PVM portion of the game.

#20 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well said, but they don't get it.

They follow the logic "easy lvling = more players = more money" which is wrong because they don't consider the fact that with such high experience rates one player is gonna buy, let's say only 10 Trainee Medals to get to 220, while, from the company's point of view, the right logic should be "average exp = long term players = constant IM sales due to exp medals demand increased". Plus, this fast lvling makes players bored.

No matter what, who likes this game is going to play it. Cut the exp, players will stay, IM sales will go up.

#21 pokkaking

pokkaking

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

Hey Cal

That's one of the major reasons why we should no longer have any 2x exp events at all....
But even without the 2x exp events , we are still leveling way too fast due to the way
AOE works....

#22 pokkaking

pokkaking

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Well said, but they don't get it.

They follow the logic "easy lvling = more players = more money" which is wrong because they don't consider the fact that with such high experience rates one player is gonna buy, let's say only 10 Trainee Medals to get to 220, while, from the company's point of view, the right logic should be "average exp = long term players = constant IM sales due to exp medals demand increased". Plus, this fast lvling makes players bored.

No matter what, who likes this game is going to play it. Cut the exp, players will stay, IM sales will go up.

Long Term View you say.... Sadly the hard truth is that the managers at Gravity or any other companies in the world have only
short term views(which is to maximise their profits). That is why they will not care if they can kill their golden goose today.
This myopic view is what's wrong with the world today.

Nobody thinks long term anymore, only short term prospects to maximize profits/bonuses.

#23 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

If they were going to nerf experience rates, the only logical way to do so is to do it in "baby steps". First nerf if by 10%, then a week later nerf it by another 10% and so on, but all of a sudden nerfing experience by 80% or something will cause a horrible outrage.

Edit: Btw, another way to slow down the leveling is to change the way AoE's work in PvE.

Edited by PickUp, 15 October 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#24 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

You are forgetting about the people who stay low level for a reason... Farming :)

1. Sorry, what is 'MOR'? must be brain dead tonight.

2. Almost all the materials needed to craft have been relocated to where they dont even start dropping until levels 110 - 190, (except back items for level 200 gears). so yes, if you craft you need farmers at those level ranges to farm those mats. at least the ones that arent easy or cost effective to disasemble for. since drop rates are so low. I so agree with you that "Not everything has to be about lisents and powders!!!" THANK YOU for noticing!

3. A LOT of us actually want to ENJOY the ride / journey to max toon, might take 3 months, 6 months, or even 4 years to get there!!! and, frankly, i would MUCH rather enjoy that time spent on various levels by having the best gears i can obtain for those levels..

4. Usually as i level and craft for my toons, i vend the spares. and yet, i cant even manage to sell ap 25 mage armors for level 175, even hugely discounted. Also, since the new dura system, and depending on how it pans out, it MAY be possible that stats will now take a second fiddle to durability once more. and low level gears have such horrid dura to begin with.

5. If decent gears were available at various levels i would most likely buy them, but most vendors only focus on end game items. For me, at any rate, once my toon hits end game, she's done, and parked in her treehouse untill the someday when further expansion occurs, so i would rather focus on lower level gears than higher ones.

6. RE: experience being so fast, and ofc it depends on your play style. But when they tried to drastically nerf exp at least a few times over the years, there would be community uproar and then it would be 'fixed' or put back. So yes the idea of gradually reducing exp a little bit over a few patches would probably be the smarter move. (last time out they adjusted mobs, exp, drops and so much else at once it was such a huge culture shock that they lost a lot of players).

Edited by TangoBaby86, 15 October 2011 - 10:56 PM.

#25 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

:)Lower price on transgender coupons 78%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users