I've been looking all over the forums for a guide to do these Halloween events, but so far, I've only found hints here and there. So for those who were like me, here's what I've found or learned through my own experience these past couple days. Feel free to correct me if you found mistakes (or want to add more information).
General Quests (No IM costumes required):
Edeline, Adventure Plains (In the pumpkin patch)
1) Speak with Edeline to start the quest. Make sure you are not equipping any of the IM costume sets.
2) Speak with Melendino on the nearby hill.
3) Return to Edeline.
4) Kill red jelly beans, big pumpkins, and young pomics.
5) Return to Edeline.
6) Return to Melendino.
7) Return to Edeline for reward.
Reward: Pumpkin backpack
Ghost by the entrance of DoD (Repeatable?)
1) Speak to the ghost. Make sure you get the quest by going through the right dialogue.
2) Either enter DoD and hunt pumpkins until you get 100 seeds, or scroll to adventure plains to hunt the pumpkins there for the 100 seeds.
3) Return to the ghost and get your reward.
Reward: Pumpkin Cap
Guards by City of Junon Gates (Repeatable)
1) Speak to either of the guards during the day.
2) Wait till night time. There will be monsters spawning nearby the gate.
3) Kill 5 of those.
4) Return to the guards during the day.
Reward: Pumpkin Pail (Account bound), Halloween Bags (after the first time you've completed the quest)
Zant, Trick or Treat
1) Obtain the pumpkin pail from the previous quest.
2) Wait till night, and equip the pumpkin pail.
3) Talk to every NPC you can find in Zant. Most of them should have the option "Trick or Treat".
Reward: Halloween Grab Bags and Halloween Candy Bags
NOTE: I've read that if your character had trick or treated in past years' event, you will NOT be able to do this again this year. So it's a once per character's lifetime kind of deal. Poor kids in ROSE...they only get to trick or treat once!
Note2: There is rumored to be wings in here, but I have yet to find them. Someone please enlighten me
IM Costume Quests:
You can find out where you need to go to start each quest by heading to Edeline in Adventure Plains and speaking to her with the appropriate outfit equipped; also important to note that in order for the game to recognize you've worn a certain costume, you will need to equip the costume in the "Avatar" tab, NOT under the costume tab. This seems to be the case for me at least...perhaps it will be updated/fixed tomorrow.
Love Story Costume (A lovely rose...)
1) Visit Edeline in Adventure Plains.
2) Scroll to Junon and run to Sicru in the upper right corner of the map. There will be some patches of grass with flowers nearby. Look for a shiny spot and walk over it. You should receive a Rose.
3) Scroll back to Adventure Plains and return to Edeline for your reward.
Reward: Love Story Rose (Account Bound), MoR (Medal of Retrieval)
Note: I didn't receive the flower in step 2 until I re-equipped the costume set. So I am going to guess that it is a requirement for all of these quests to have the appropriate set equipped for the whole time.
Note2: There was also a bug where you stand in the shiny spot for too long and it gives you more than a single flower. This may cause the quest to glitch and you may have to start over again. (Could be fixed by now, idk)
Storybook Costume (Second ship on the right)
1) Visit Methio in El Verloon Desert.
2) Scroll to Junon. Climb onto Captain Ruven's Ship and look for a shiny spot on the ground. Make sure you have the storybook costume equipped, or else the quest will not trigger.
3) Return to Methio for your reward!
Reward: Fairy Dust (Account Bound)
Tea Party Costume (Late for an important date)
1) Visit Tavern Owner Harin in Junon Polis.
2) Head to the forest of wisdom.
3) Rawr! Can't find them bunnies. Must've been from the overhunting last year
[currently bugged, will update when it's fixed]
Fairy Tale Costume (Would they like a nice tasty apple?)
1) Visit Edeline in Adventure Plains.
2) Scroll to Zant and make your way to Breezy Hills.
3) Visit each of the 9 huts and place the apples by the door.
It's kinda hard to see, but the red dots are where the huts are located.
4) Return to Edeline and receive your reward.
Reward: Red Apple (Account bound)
Note: I've heard some people are having trouble finishing this quest, but it worked for me. Hopefully whatever problem it was, it will be fixed soon.
Fable Costume (What delicious cookies you have...) <---LOL at that quest title
1) Visit Tavern Owner Sharlin in Zant.
2) Head to Valley of Luxum Tower. Nearby the tower, there is a small hut...
3) Return to Sharlin in Zant.
Reward: Basket of Cookies (Account bound)
Since I've only returned to ROSE this year (I quit back in 2006 after playing Rose Evo for 2 months), this is my first time doing these halloween quests on ROSE (I get that some of them were repeated from past years). So I'm really interested in knowing how/where to find the offhand items for the previous halloween costumes (pitchfork, meatbone, etc). If you guys know, I will update the guide with your information as well. Thanks!
Edited by Zurn, 23 October 2013 - 10:12 AM.
Fixed broken pictue links