WTF? Game Accelerator vs Lower Ping... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

WTF? Game Accelerator vs Lower Ping...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

WTF?

Click here for more details.

Posted Image

Personally I want this but sucks I can only use "PayByCash" here in Japan w/my Yubinkyoku Cash Card for the non-trial acct -no DCing- (Trial DCs every 20mins but 100% lagless)... <_<

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 19 October 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#2 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

wtf? Haha.

#3 Sareki

Sareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

omg for free. is this for real?

#4 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

WTFast is a similar service to lowerping, not truly a 'game accelerator', as no such thing exists. Rather it lowers your latency to the server. <_<

And its not FREE free as far as i now, but rather a free trial.

If you're curious how the technology works, have a look at this wikipedia page.

Edited by rikai, 18 October 2011 - 10:47 PM.

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Basically they have servers around the world.

Game traffic routes to their server then takes a shorter optimized route to their other servers. Thus you usually have lower ping times overall when connecting.

We have partnered with pingcraft (WTFast) to offer you an optimized warpportal game version of their software.
I do recommend trying it out with the Free Trial, which only stays connected for ~ 15 minutes before booting off. If you like it you can buy a subscription from them for a very inexpensive price compared to other companies of that nature.

So far my tests are very positive with them, I was playing without significant "bouncing' when I was in Korea playing on my laptop via Wifi. I was suitably impressed at that.

#6 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

Basically they have servers around the world.

Game traffic routes to their server then takes a shorter optimized route to their other servers. Thus you usually have lower ping times overall when connecting.

We have partnered with pingcraft (WTFast) to offer you an optimized warpportal game version of their software.
I do recommend trying it out with the Free Trial, which only stays connected for ~ 15 minutes before booting off. If you like it you can buy a subscription from them for a very inexpensive price compared to other companies of that nature.

So far my tests are very positive with them, I was playing without significant "bouncing' when I was in Korea playing on my laptop via Wifi. I was suitably impressed at that.

Yea I tried this too and solved that "Kamidal Lag" /gawi

#7 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

I thought the name was a april's fools joke...

Interesting o.o maybe will try later

#8 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Posted ImageI'm sorry but I don't agree with this kind of thing. You're bringing pay to win to a whole new level here.

#9 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

Posted ImageI'm sorry but I don't agree with this kind of thing. You're bringing pay to win to a whole new level here.

Yea but for me its for convenience so I dnt mind, just like our "VIP". But still hopes they are totally free or cheaper. <_< :help:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 October 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#10 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

Yea but for me its for convenience so I dnt mind, just like our "VIP". But still hopes they are totally free or cheaper. <_< :help:

Hahaha, no. I find it rather interesting that lately there has been such horrible lag... and supposedly it was "fixed". Then THIS comes out and I feel like we're all thought to be idiots. They use the descriptions about killing faster and healing faster and blahblahblah because it's no different from paying to win. If RO can't fix its connection for free or make this service free, it's nothing but another marketing trick. IF this service was free to VIP members who pay for three months at one time or buy a certain amount of WPE, then I wouldn't be complaining. Buying this separately without knowing whether or not it's needed is kinda redonk.

Posted Image Being VIP helps people to level faster and lose less when they die... not get a huge advantage over other people because of a connection that some people can't pay for from other countries.
If anything, the way this is advertised is just kinda... I mean why not just have "Improves gaming performance. Makes gameplay quicker with little to no lag" and not "Okay this will help you kill everyone and be a total boss." AKA Pay to Win advertising.

Edited by Okii, 19 October 2011 - 01:32 AM.

#11 lolDirt

lolDirt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

I agree with Okii, They should run a connection/ping test to validate whether you NEED it or not.

#12 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

I could see being upset about it if they were Gravity's service and all... but those companies have been around for a while, for a bunch of different games. It's not like you're paying WarpPortal for a faster connection... o_o

#13 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

I disagree of classifying a proxy service as pay to win.

#14 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

I disagree of classifying a proxy service as pay to win.

I was told that proxy services can cause banning issues as well, because everyone using this proxy has the same IP.
That needs to be looked into heavily before this sort of thing hits the market, imo.

#15 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

If your reluctent to pay for one of them lag reduction program thing then you could try the regfix trick.

http://www.wowinterf...LatencyFix.html

It worked wonders for me, and its free.

#16 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hahaha, no. I find it rather interesting that lately there has been such horrible lag... and supposedly it was "fixed". Then THIS comes out and I feel like we're all thought to be idiots. They use the descriptions about killing faster and healing faster and blahblahblah because it's no different from paying to win. If RO can't fix its connection for free or make this service free, it's nothing but another marketing trick. IF this service was free to VIP members who pay for three months at one time or buy a certain amount of WPE, then I wouldn't be complaining. Buying this separately without knowing whether or not it's needed is kinda redonk.

Being VIP helps people to level faster and lose less when they die... not get a huge advantage over other people because of a connection that some people can't pay for from other countries. This is ridiculous.

I gave up already on this game's ISP lag issues... :help:

But well as you said, I agree that Gravity should fix this longest player's complain issue that hasnt resolved yet for years... :)

This is why I still love fast-pace lagless PVP in jRO. <_<

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 18 October 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#17 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

If RO can't fix its connection for free or make this service free, it's nothing but another marketing trick.

You are pretty foolish because for a lot of overseas people its not the RO servers that have an issue, its the ones our ISP's pick for us to be routed through. No matter what Gravity do on their end, they CANNOT change this. Our ISP's WONT change it as it will cost them more money.

Being VIP helps people to level faster and lose less when they die... not get a huge advantage over other people because of a connection that some people can't pay for from other countries. This is ridiculous.

Blah blah blah. Whats new? Lowerping has existed for years and many people already pay for it. Only difference is now the money will go to Gravity instead.

It costs Gravity to run this service. They need to host all the servers. Its not free for them so why should it be free for us?

#18 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

Mk. I've said my part. Have fun with this topic, Heim. Posted Image

Edited by Okii, 18 October 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#19 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

^^ Its not pay to win. Its evening out the inequality of connection between 'local' and 'international' players.

Edited by Hrothmund, 18 October 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#20 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

how do u ping your connection ?

#21 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

Ah, I was trying to find where it was mentioned before... but yes, this isn't exactly a new company/service and has been OK'd to use for quite a while now.

I have made statements in various places regarding proxies.

I don't allow unregistered proxies as they are the bane of us and any other game provider trying to keep out bad people.

However, there are 2 companies that have approached us that are trying to legitimize the proxy service as a lower latency solution to MMOs. We have worked with them so we are able to see the bad people from the good and thus can allow their use.

Lowerping.com and wtfast.com

WTFast is a bit cheaper cost wise than lowerping, but lowerping has been around longer so their interface may look prettier.

Use either one if you want/need too. It helps significantly when doing the overseas connections as they have a shorter route to get from point a-b, which is precisely what you are paying for.

#22 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Only issues are;

1) Price. Lowerping = $6.80 AUD a month. WTFast = $9.07 AUD (Including USD conversion fee)

2) Lowerping offers proxy web browsing.

3) Lowerping has extremely great customer support and resolves issues within 24 hours. Warp Portal customer support is...well.. almost non-existant.

4) 216ms with WTFast, 210ms with Lowerping.

5) WTFast uses twice as much system resources as Lowerping.

Pro's

1) You can connect to the Warp Portal servers with your own IP. So if you plan on getting hacked, you might stand more of a chance of getting stuff back. (Heim Confirm this, cause I know you had a discussion with staff at Lowerping about doing the same for them, don't know why you never followed it through)

I don't see a reason to switch yet.

Edited by Wiggles, 19 October 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#23 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Only issues are;

Lowerping = $6.80 AUD a month
WTFast = $9.07 AUD (Including USD conversion fee)

Game limitation? WTF Only works with Warp Portal Games? Lowerping works with a very large (and increasing number of games)

Lowerping offers proxy web browsing.

Lowerping has extremely great customer support and resolves issues within 24 hours. Warp Portal customer support is...well.. almost non-existant.

I don't see a reason to switch yet.

I'm just new about pings and stuff since the only game I always experience lag is iRO. But yea, I still need these til Gravity fixes this issue. <_<

#24 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

Wiggles, why do you think it's run by and only supports WP games? I can't vouch for either company personally, but according to their website (lol gawd, why do that have that guy on their page? Marketing, huh?), that isn't the case. It also isn't being run by WarpPortal, as far as I can tell. o.O

I think that by using the WarpPortal site's style, they've confused a lot of people somehow... :x

Edited by morphine, 19 October 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#25 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

can you pay for it with WPE aka codes aka zeni?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users