AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

After halloween patch we have new glitches:

In EW:
  • Just as Coolsam states in DS chat forum, it seems WM freezing magic (blizzard and penguin) cause glitch for the enemy. According to my friend, when i froze him, he was frozen for forever until he relog.
  • For me (WM), i got crashed more frequently when i used fire emblem and time freeze (got crashed for like 10 times.... about 2 of them happened when i used time freeze, and about 3 of them when i used fire emblem. About 4 happened when i changed island....)
  • Remember the glitch we got after new origin, that we can only attack boss with certain skill (usually happened in drakos or mobs at bonus stage)? Now it happened to the the core (and halloween ghosts). All skills except thunder break didnt work until i crashed and relog.
  • When i was floating, locked at the air by some players, i often got teleported suddenly to near to my core. Still on the same island though. And no, i didnt try to change island (just try to free myself from "air locks" by using air recovery and moving bit by bit, and voila, got teleported. It happened often when i was air locked near to the enemy's core, but dunno whether it will happened if i was not near the enemy's core.

More general bug:
Seriously.... after halloween, the game crashed reallyyy more frequently (about 10 times in EW.... heck the game even crashed at the login screen). Reinstall or repatch the game didnt help.

Edited by AkatsukiKawa, 22 October 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#2 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Personally I didn't get any of the crashes from other classes like some people but did crash twice when changing island for some reason

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yes, the issues you raise are all under further investigation, to my knowledge. I know that Aramis and Storm were testing the WM glitches, and the increase in the number of DCs has been an ongoing problem. Regarding #4, that's actually what happens when your character is launched too high in EW -- the game seems to teleport you because you're no longer in the map space.

As for the issue with cores becoming invincible, that was a glitch that was supposed to be resolved a few patches ago, I believe, but then it came back. It may be related to the fact that players are becoming glitched in PvP much more often now, too.

#4 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Yes, the issues you raise are all under further investigation, to my knowledge. I know that Aramis and Storm were testing the WM glitches, and the increase in the number of DCs has been an ongoing problem. Regarding #4, that's actually what happens when your character is launched too high in EW -- the game seems to teleport you because you're no longer in the map space.

As for the issue with cores becoming invincible, that was a glitch that was supposed to be resolved a few patches ago, I believe, but then it came back. It may be related to the fact that players are becoming glitched in PvP much more often now, too.

Glad to hear that. Because basically WM can do nothing without make others/herself/the core glitch now.... :waddle: . Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

And thanks for the explanation of #4 :D . I like how it works, preventing "forever air lock".

#5 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

The crashing does not seem to come exclusively from WM skills. It seems that other classes can also crash your client -- one skill that stood out to me in particular was archer's shootdown. Also, this affects PvE as well. It's pretty difficult to get a party going for anything when we all cause each other to crash.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

I've yet to get a report from Shootdown crashing anyone when used by itself. I've crashed from using when combined with another classes high animation skill though.
Can any other Archers confirm they've crashed from using Shootdown alone?

Edited by StormHaven, 23 October 2011 - 08:50 PM.

#7 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, it seems more like it's any time that a lot of stuff is going on in one area, skill spammage and whatnot. I think it goes back to the memory issues being mentioned before. Perhaps the memory leak that was a problem before has somehow become worse.

#8 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, it seems more like it's any time that a lot of stuff is going on in one area, skill spammage and whatnot. I think it goes back to the memory issues being mentioned before. Perhaps the memory leak that was a problem before has somehow become worse.

Is it bad that I'm hoping it is for the slim chance of a fix for the memory leak?

#9 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Is it bad that I'm hoping it is for the slim chance of a fix for the memory leak?

I don't think anyone would blame you for that.

C'mon GG, work some magic! ;)

#10 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Basically you're reporting that the Cores during EW are having the same issue as the Bosses were having. Are there any particular skills that are making them invincible that are being noticed?

#11 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Sorry didnt notice the skill that caused the bug because it was already bugged when i tried to attack that. Not to mention i only experienced that bug before the game was crashed for the first time. After i relog, all worked fine (except for frequently crash... but maybe because of the crashes i didnt experience this bug again ;) ).

I only notice that pepper, penguin, blizzard, and fire emblem cloud kill didn't work and thunder break worked.

EDIT: Just notice... For bugged boss in drakos, bugged mobs in bonus map, and bugged halloween ghosts, only blizzard and cloud kill works, while for core only thunder break works (didnt try meteor). So the core bug is slightly different with boss' bug.

Edited by AkatsukiKawa, 25 October 2011 - 05:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users