#1 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

1. Maybe I just keep picking the wrong classes, but is it a bad idea to become a TKM?
2. This solar lunar stellar stuff is very confusing. Couldn't you just make every map the same and not have to deal with? if a map is one alignment, but the day is another alignment, what happens then? Should I be aligning maps or monsters, or do I have to do both?
3. Am I only allowed to have more than 2 stances activated at the same time or is that just ideal?
4. I'm looking at the AGI kicker build and it looks awesome. I've already allocated several points to AGI so tank build is out of the question. How sick can aspd get with the skill bonuses?
5. Seriously, how confounding is SLS? How much will it inhibit leveling quickly?
6. What, is the deal, with Union?
7.How come sls blessing is never mentioned in the builds? extra exp sounds awesome
8. how much endgame content have i limited to myself by choosing this class?

Right now I love my Taekwon Do Girl, she can kick some serious butt. Just one kick drops almost any monster within her level range.

#2 Erekes

Erekes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

I have a TK girl, not a TKM, but I'll try to answer which questions I can

1. Maybe I just keep picking the wrong classes, but is it a bad idea to become a TKM?

I wouldn't say its a bad idea to become a TKM, but right now the class can't go beyond level 99 so the maps you can fight on will be limited. 3rd jobs are expected to come out for them some day, but we really don't know when that will be. At this point I would consider it more of a fun class than anything else.

2. This solar lunar stellar stuff is very confusing. Couldn't you just make every map the same and not have to deal with? if a map is one alignment, but the day is another alignment, what happens then? Should I be aligning maps or monsters, or do I have to do both?

You only get one map per alignment and it is very, very difficult and time consuming to change... unless something changed since Renewal started. So essentially, when using the alignment system, you really only get a few maps to level on. This was fine pre-renewal when there were not very many maps to level on to 99, but doesn't really work well post-renewal because maps change so much based on level. (as you already know)

3. Am I only allowed to have more than 2 stances activated at the same time or is that just ideal?

You can have all 4 activated at the same time if you want. It takes time to get used to though. You'll have to recognize either the stance when it activates or read the stance name above the sprites head. It gets tricky to see if you're getting mobbed. I find it to be a lot of fun to have them all activated, but unless you put TKM points into TK skills, you can't have all 4 and mild wind 7. I will note though that going into stances will slow you down, depending on your aspd. Nothing I love more than having tornado kick active when I'm mobbed...so much fun!

4. I'm looking at the AGI kicker build and it looks awesome. I've already allocated several points to AGI so tank build is out of the question. How sick can aspd get with the skill bonuses?

My character is a perma-tk girl so she never made it to TKM. I don't know how things have changed with Renewal, but I know pre-renewal the TKM shadow skills could give you a high aspd with little agi, but your sight is sacrificed in return. Think of the blind effect. The more points you put into it the more blind you get. If I remember right it doesn't go into affect until job 50 but it is permanent. I've seen screenshots and high levels of the skill are quite annoying. Someone else could probably answer this better than me, though.

The TKM skill tree always confused me and I never sat down to figure it out. Mine is a perma tk girl because I decided to try my hand at ranking her. I got up to 82 points before I stopped. Might pick it up again some day, but I dunno.

I hope this was at least somewhat helpful to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users