November 1 Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 1 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#26 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Meph

We are gathering the list right now there are over 500 maps in the game so it will be a list of what types you can't use rather than a map by map list.

#27 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

how am i supposed to know which of my accounts is going to need the ales

#28 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

IMO, keep the Ales tradeable and make the hats not tradable. Erase all memos during this maintenance so players lose access to inaccessible maps that people have been farming on by using old, ancient memos (to some Hugel fields, old job change places, etc).

The bots will be out in the open then and with the hats not tradeable, they'll eventually disappear as the bots get banned.

And if you restrict what maps will actually have the drops, it'd be even easier to catch the bots.

Edited by Lambor, 01 November 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#29 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Weight increase is an interim solution.

Once they become account bound weight becomes less an issue for "botting" control, then becomes the focus for PVP usage.

Ales are not intended to be the default Pot for WoE. it is going to take a few weeks/months to make the adjustment and drain the economy of them but it will happen and then the intended normal pot usage will re-enter the game and the poting industry will again have a chance to thrive. This is part of a long term plan, for which the exploitive gathering method must be controlled first, then we can work on the usage method.

yes I know this is unpopular with players that exclusively use them or are part of the gathering/selling group but it is the only way to solve the issue short of making the St Pats hat no longer work.. which then we have other problems to deal with.

start out with them being 9 or so weight and get feedback from there (already 3x less the amount of ales one can normally hold). it's irrational to start out 10x the weight of what it is now, let alone accuont bound.

you're not going to drain the economy of them if you put them at the weight you want. people will barely be able to hold any. is this your secret plan to get us to buy more kafra cards? or perhaps a grand plan to introduce to kafra shop a 100% hp/sp consumable that weighs 0 :dunno:

Edited by Andini, 01 November 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#30 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Weight increase is an interim solution.

Once they become account bound weight becomes less an issue for "botting" control, then becomes the focus for PVP usage.

Ales are not intended to be the default Pot for WoE. it is going to take a few weeks/months to make the adjustment and drain the economy of them but it will happen and then the intended normal pot usage will re-enter the game and the poting industry will again have a chance to thrive. This is part of a long term plan, for which the exploitive gathering method must be controlled first, then we can work on the usage method.

yes I know this is unpopular with players that exclusively use them or are part of the gathering/selling group but it is the only way to solve the issue short of making the St Pats hat no longer work.. which then we have other problems to deal with.

If you make them account bound, then the economy will NEVER be drained of them. Ale prices have shot through the roof lately BECAUSE of dwindling supply.

The scenario that will play out in the next 2 weeks is this:

Big guilds with liquidity and cash flow will stock up all their important players with 10k+ ales. Small guilds which have to rely on castle treasures for weekly revenue will be left trying to grab the remaining seeds on the market. Big guilds will have ales till March. Small guilds might as well get drunk till March. How does this solve your WOE problem?

And while you're at it, why don't you account bound ygg seeds too.

#31 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

I used to see GX bots down in the Anolian map in GH culverts farming Cargas. They were a bit better made than the usual ones though, they winged the instant you were on screen before you could mouse over them. Most of the time it was so fast you could barely tell what class it was.

Edited by Akami, 01 November 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#32 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

start out with them being 9 or so weight and get feedback from there (already 3x less the amount of ales one can normally hold). it's irrational to start out 10x the weight of what it is now, let alone accuont bound.

you're not going to drain the economy of them if you put them at the weight you want. people will barely be able to hold any. is this your secret plan to get us to buy more kafra cards? or perhaps a grand plan to introduce to kafra shop a 100% hp/sp consumable that weighs 0 :dunno:

I bet iRO wants to do the tRO thing with their kafra full hp/sp pots

#33 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

<3 Bio3 again. Although based on what happened last time, I think it would be beneficial if the spawn rate were reduced since the map seemed to be too mobby at times. Even Bio4 on kRO isn't as packed during regular spawn. Maybe if we could reduce the spawn rate to 80% it would make it a bit easier for people. Personally don't care since I'd bio3 anyways but I don't think most folks can handle the difficulty of that map at regular spawn.

#34 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Erase all memos during this maintenance

No, don't erase all of them, only erase the "bad" ones. They've done this before (memory quest maps) so I know it's possible.

#35 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Erase them all. People on Valk and Ymir have been farming on unreachable areas like Hugel Maps and Ein maps that you can no longer get to via portals. But you could memo them at one point.

#36 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Blarg, I can't kill the Destroyer with my Level 50 peeps XP

Well, I can, but whacking it for 90 damage per hit is slow going, lol.

#37 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Erase them all. People on Valk and Ymir have been farming on unreachable areas like Hugel Maps and Ein maps that you can no longer get to via portals. But you could memo them at one point.

erasing only the bad warps:
- gets rid of warps people aren't supposed to have

erasing all warps:
- gets rid of warps people aren't supposed to have
- pisses off everyone who has to redo several dozen warp slaves, leading to a contract being put out on the one who came up with this brilliant idea

#38 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

- requires figuring out which maps are no longer reachable and all of the maps that people have somehow managed to get memos to
- will not be done anytime soon

erasing all warps:
- every warp leading to a spot that you shouldn't be in will be lost
- collateral damage would be the inconvenience to players, but worth it

#39 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

- requires figuring out which maps are no longer reachable and all of the maps that people have somehow managed to get memos to
- will not be done anytime soon

erasing all warps:
- every warp leading to a spot that you shouldn't be in will be lost
- collateral damage would be the inconvenience to players, but worth it

If we're going to be nitpicky, note that both options fail if players can just log out on these maps so they can re-memo later. To counter this, the maps would have to be set to non-logout-safe/non-memoable. To do that, you'd have to figure out which maps are no longer reachable. :dunno:

#40 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Bio 3 Monster Hp Suxx Qq and abit more spwan would be nice not Db but 1.5 rate

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

IMO, keep the Ales tradeable and make the hats not tradable. Erase all memos during this maintenance so players lose access to inaccessible maps that people have been farming on by using old, ancient memos (to some Hugel fields, old job change places, etc).

The bots will be out in the open then and with the hats not tradeable, they'll eventually disappear as the bots get banned.

And if you restrict what maps will actually have the drops, it'd be even easier to catch the bots.

If you knew this why didn't you report it? =/

#42 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

2x drop plz so I can farm blue herbs plz

#43 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Green ale weight increase is too much. Increasing the weight to 9 like Andini said would be enough. And as other have said, not everyone of us intends to sell green ales. Being able to move ales between accounts, at least warp portal bound accounts would be good...

#44 RacistBlackMan

RacistBlackMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

are you people seriously complaining about the weight? who the hell needs to hold more then 100 ales at a time anyway unless your just bad and sitting there tanking whole guilds

#45 johnnyz

johnnyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

I think making the green ales account bound is retarded... at least make it tradeable and I don't mind the weight stays at 25 because prices of ales gonna drop anyways... why make it account bound that's so :dunno:

#46 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

If you didn't want botters to farm green ales why did you even make the St. Patrick hats? You already know what happened with spare cards...

#47 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Delete this item from the game please. St. Patrik was the worst event in the world, only benefited the bots.

Edited by SirDouglas, 01 November 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#48 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Remove Ales, Ygg seeds and Berrys these things are lame woe broken items. Killing someone Potting is one thing. A RK in full resist gear with yggs is a freaking joke. Oh and ban Sp items in woe too. Make players have to think about weight limits and sp recovery rather than the lame bs spam blues/ales woe we live in.

#49 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Where is the balance patch? Sakray? I hate you.

#50 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

wipe all warps, make it so if u log out respawn at save point and make it so you cant memo those maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users