#1 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Okay, I'm completely new with this game and I'm constantly getting lost because the maps are so large. I'm not really sure where to train, where half of the NPCs are (since you're nearly required to go to a new town every few levels,) and I'm just completely lost. In order to try and find required quest NPCs on maps, I've already had to spam quite a few of my pots. I've got 235 Novice Potions left (which is going to make me nervous soon, running out of pots.) I don't even know where to begin when it comes to making Zeny, as I only have 9k and the only formidable way to do so, that I'm aware of, is to sell useless spoils to NPC Merchants.

I simply need someone of high stature to guide me through the game. I'm sure after I get on my own two feet I'll be able to do something, but at Level 26, I'm completely stuck and I have no idea where anything is. It's highly frustrating to walk in circles for hours and still have no idea about anything.

I'm a Mage and I'll be going through the Ice / Lightning trees, as they're my favorite elements overall. I don't plan on ever doing PVP.

Server: Valkyrie
IGN: Rukario

Any help, potions, money, would be appreciated so much. >w<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently in Payon, was attempting to do my Lvl 26 Eden Quest for equipment, but I can't even find the cave. :|

Edited by Rukario, 01 November 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#2 htperkins

htperkins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

The Payon Cave is north of Payon. You can get there with the portal on the top right of Payon Town.

"Tool Dealer" sells you more potions. You can find one in Payon near the Kafra (Where you save and access storage).

#3 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

The Payon Cave is north of Payon. You can get there with the portal on the top right of Payon Town.

"Tool Dealer" sells you more potions. You can find one in Payon near the Kafra (Where you save and access storage).

Now see, if there was some kind of Newbie FAQ for each town, I would have gotten this information, say, like two days ago.

Thank you.

The reason I couldn't find the cave is because the quest says WEST OF PAYON... The hell? >.>

Again, I'm gratefully accepting hand-outs. :c

---

And yeah... 100 pots for 5,000 Zenie = Now my wallet is simply dry.

Edited by Rukario, 01 November 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#4 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Find non-aggressive, non-cast-sensor monsters that you can kill them with one shot. Can you kill Pecopecos (level 25) with a single cast of cold bolt? If yes then that's a good place to level until when you hit level 46, where you can level without ever receiving any damage.

If not, Mandragoras (level 13) are good until the moment you hit level 34 (or whenever you're strong enough to 1HKO Pecopecos), as they are immobile and you can kill them without taking damage (unless they spawn on top of you)

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 01 November 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#5 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

Find non-aggressive, non-cast-sensor monsters that you can kill them with one shot. Can you kill Pecopecos (level 25) with a single cast of cold bolt? If yes then that's a good place to level until when you hit level 46.

If not, Mandragoras (level 13) are good until the moment you hit level 34 (or whenever you're strong enough to 1HKO Pecopecos), as they are immobile and you can kill them without taking damage (unless they spawn on top of you)

Yeah, I figured that one out a few hours ago. I'll have to go back to the Pecopeco area to start training after I finish up my Lvl 26 Eden Quest. Thanks.

#6 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

The reason I couldn't find the cave is because the quest says WEST OF PAYON... The hell? >.>

You could argue that the Payon Cave is west of Archer Village, which is the nothern part of Payon... :dunno:

Also, there are guides in every town. They may not help THAT much, but they're at least a bit helpfull ^^

#7 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

You could argue that the Payon Cave is west of Archer Village, which is the nothern part of Payon... :dunno:

Also, there are guides in every town. They may not help THAT much, but they're at least a bit helpfull ^^

Yeah, the guides... Haha. I might as well be looking at a brochure in French. :x

I'm entirely broke now, slightly ridic potion prices. :v

#8 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Use Meat or Fish instead of Potions - they're fairly cheap and do a good job.

#9 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Since I couldn't reach you in-game...

Here's a few links to browse and get things started:

For the welcome wagon and new player suggestions visit the New Player Strategies section.
For connecting to a community in-game visit the Guild Hall.
For general information about the game visit IRO Wiki.

And for possibly making some funds, try collecting items that are consumable and always in demand:

Creation Database
NPC Item Creation
Headgear Creation

Also, man eater blossoms are easy to obtain and currently used for Eden quest if you would like to collect those as well.

For everything else:

Skill Simulator
Stat Calculator
Market & Pricing
Server Status
Map Database
RODE-R Database
Ragnarok Online Game Guide

I'll be available until maintenance if you need any one on one questions answered.

#10 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Since I couldn't reach you in-game...

Here's a few links to browse and get things started:

For the welcome wagon and new player suggestions visit the New Player Strategies section.
For connecting to a community in-game visit the Guild Hall.
For general information about the game visit IRO Wiki.

And for possibly making some funds, try collecting items that are consumable and always in demand:

Creation Database
NPC Item Creation
Headgear Creation

Also, man eater blossoms are easy to obtain and currently used for Eden quest if you would like to collect those as well.

For everything else:

Skill Simulator
Stat Calculator
Market & Pricing
Server Status
Map Database
RODE-R Database
Ragnarok Online Game Guide

I'll be available until maintenance if you need any one on one questions answered.

I appreciate this. o_o I'll probably come back to this post many many many times from here on out. xD

Secondly, I have sent a reply to you.

Edited by Rukario, 01 November 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#11 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

if you played yaggdrasill i could help you out with equiptment but

#12 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Slightly getting used to more and more thanks to Eerie.

If any of you would like to help me for any sake, send me a PM here on the forums (not in-game,) because I'll probably over-look it while grinding.

All is appreciated. :3

#13 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Now see, if there was some kind of Newbie FAQ for each town, I would have gotten this information, say, like two days ago.

And yeah... 100 pots for 5,000 Zenie = Now my wallet is simply dry.

Well you know a lot of ppl, like myself, have made threads for the different classes to help ppl get started in the game.

Take a look at my Starting Mage thread and I think it will be of help to you. It even has a bit of info on early zenny items at various lvling spots. Also gives links to the Monster data base for info and links to map and directions.

http://forums.warppo...gewizard-guide/

By the way if you have not already do this right now. Bookmark www.irowiki.org as you should use that a LOT.

Some of the Eden group quests can get you more Novice potions. Mostly I think it's the lvl 26-40 quests.

HOWEVER make sure to read my guide. Mages should NOT be using pots much when lvling early on. If you really need that many pots your not lvling properly.

PS your mention of "trees" makes me think you came from Diablo 2, am I right?

Edited by EvilLoynis, 02 November 2011 - 10:53 AM.

#14 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

Indeed.

And no, I'm from ROSE and Maplestory. Maple doesn't really have skill trees, but ROSE has some minimal ones. Anything that requires a prerequisite is pretty much a tree in my book. Haha.

Right now I'm having trouble finding the Orc Village for my Level 40 Eden Quest; jesus I get lost so easily.

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Welcome aboard! Thank you to Eerie for putting up the guide list, lots of useful info there. I definitely want to hear about your initial impressions of the game, coming off of ROSE and Maple Story.

#16 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Indeed.

And no, I'm from ROSE and Maplestory. Maple doesn't really have skill trees, but ROSE has some minimal ones. Anything that requires a prerequisite is pretty much a tree in my book. Haha.

Right now I'm having trouble finding the Orc Village for my Level 40 Eden Quest; jesus I get lost so easily.

Theres no orc village technically, it's a huge pain when they call a map something, that it's actually name is something else. To the west of prontera you will see a 44 map adjacent a 45 map. At the northern most and western most corner of the 44 map there is a hut with a kafra employee in front of it. There's where you want to go. Be careful, orcs, especially orc ladies are tough.
Edit: my Taekwon Master is near you in level, PM me if you want to party, I can help you with all the new stuff.

Edited by IronPlushy, 02 November 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#17 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

@Oda: Considering I used to play and manage a 2D Isometric MMO, this isn't that difficult for me to adjust to. But I'm just having trouble locating maps and NPCs, that's the biggest issue, and there tends to be a big problem for lower level characters who need money. I really think there needs to be some kind of min-map adjustment to better label NPCs, Warping Points, and other shops in town areas, maybe even an optional (on / off) for Players in the area.

Beyond that, I think the game is all good to go and perfectly fine.

Also, this game is in desperate need of customized WASD / ESDF keys for movement. This clicking thing is ridic. :c

@IronPlushy: Your IGN? -_-

Edited by Rukario, 02 November 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#18 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

@Oda: Considering I used to play and manage a 2D Isometric MMO, this isn't that difficult for me to adjust to. But I'm just having trouble locating maps and NPCs, that's the biggest issue, and there tends to be a big problem for lower level characters who need money. I really think there needs to be some kind of min-map adjustment to better label NPCs, Warping Points, and other shops in town areas, maybe even an optional (on / off) for Players in the area.

Beyond that, I think the game is all good to go and perfectly fine.

Also, this game is in desperate need of customized WASD / ESDF keys for movement. This clicking thing is ridic. :c

@IronPlushy: Your IGN? -_-

GrappleJuice (no spaces)

Edited by IronPlushy, 02 November 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#19 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

PS your mention of "trees" makes me think you came from Diablo 2, am I right?

It's almost the same as the skill trees in Diablo 2 (particularly in the early years), except prerequisites can be different levels (not just always level 1 in Diablo 2), and skills have varying maximum levels (instead of always level 20).

In the early days of Diablo 2 there was no way to reset skill or stat points at all.
In the early days of RO there was no way to reset skill or stat points at all.

Now, in Diablo 2 each character is eligible for 3 free skill+stat reset (once per difficulty).
Now, in iRO each character is eligible for 1 free skill+stat reset.

Now, in Diablo 2, additional stat/skill resets can be gathered by rare drops from act bosses, transmuted by Hoardic Cube.
Now, in iRO additional stat/skill resets can be purchased from Kafra Shop with Neutralizer (skills) or Reset Stones (stats).

Diablo 2 is now badly infested by spambots.
iRO is now badly infested by spambots.

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 02 November 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

There's something to be said about the strain on beginners cash buying even the lowest level pots. Seeing as how Novice potions are character bound it wouldn't hurt anyone if novice pots could be claimed every 24-48 hours in quantities of 200-600 for free. Their low restorative value they can't be considered to be making the game imbalanced or gamebreaking to higher level characters. After level 70 potting novice pots would just be inefficient.

Edited by Scuba, 02 November 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#21 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Poverty is the biggest obstacle new players must overcome in RO. For RO, Absolute overty will be defined when a player is unable afford to buy the basic necessaries to survive while hunt monsters 20 levels below the player)

When RO was first released, it used to take over 50 minutes to fill up the HP bar of a high level character by sitting down... And there were no such thing as novice potions. There was also a 1,000 zeny paywall to job change into a merchant, and no free teleport/storage tickets.

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 02 November 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#22 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Scuba is completely right on my behalf. It was literally impossible. The only reason I've made it this far is thanks to Eerie and IronPlushy, otherwise I would have just given up; and I'm being entirely serious. This pot issue is extremely impossible.

I'd like Oda to look into the prices of the very low end equipment and consumables, considering it's impossible to make that much Zeny at that level. Not unless you have a high-end character to fund you. :/

Edited by Rukario, 02 November 2011 - 08:12 PM.

#23 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

I concur, this potion issue is a nearly insurmountable obstacle. I don't care how veteran players feel about this. This potion situation is a huge wall new players struggle to conquer. There is almost no way to break into midgame, I mean Rukario isn't even at 2nd job yet. Make potions affordable. Veterans shouldn't have a voice in this, no one is going to break the game with yellow potions or lower. This is strictly a new player issue, and it vastly prohibits us from continuing play.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

I concur, this potion issue is a nearly insurmountable obstacle. I don't care how veteran players feel about this. This potion situation is a huge wall new players struggle to conquer. There is almost no way to break into midgame, I mean Rukario isn't even at 2nd job yet. Make potions affordable. Veterans shouldn't have a voice in this, no one is going to break the game with yellow potions or lower. This is strictly a new player issue, and it vastly prohibits us from continuing play.

Knowing where you're coming from (I started a char on valk recently so I could help new players on valk more) - the pot thing doesn't bother me very much, but I think higher ranks of novice pots would probably be the way to go.

However,

Veterans shouldn't have a voice in this

Don't be rude, I'm going to explain something that only a veteran would know that affects this issue.

You see, low level npc pots, such as reds or yellows were often used en masse in the past for creating high level ranked potters.
Zeny needs to be siphoned out of the economy, there's so much that for high end players zeny is worthless, but drops sold to the npc don't forward you into the player controlled market. (thats why potions need a decent base cost)

But novice pots can't be used that way, and if they had novice yellows, etc at a lower price, that might help a lot.

#25 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Just something to enable newbies to actually play the game without giving up out of frustration. I don't even care what it is.

... As I write down 40 names of botters in a single map..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users