• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EpicTones

EpicTones

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Does anyone have a guide out there on how to build a PvP gun Artisan?

I'm doing a Con/Sen build and I'm currently level 58 with no skill points used. I don't want to mess up and I'm wondering what skills I should learn before I turn to Artisan.

Edited by EpicTones, 01 November 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

You really can't mess up your skill build because there are so little skills to spend points on. Basically just get all of the passive (except you don't really need mp), your attack skills in the artisan tree. You can get the terror knight summon if you choose, it's useful for leveling early on but not very useful for much else later on.

You'll have plenty of skill points leftover which you can basically put into whichever crafting skills you wish.

Stat build is straight forward, Con is your main stat and unlike other classes it is not detrimental to max one stat (being con in this case). Dex, is your secondary ap stat, and can be useful for dodge, but you will need to pursue it to get any benefit from it. So basically, if you don't want to bother with dodge, go with lower dex and higher sen, but if you do want to utilize it, go with more dex.

#3 EpicTones

EpicTones

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

You really can't mess up your skill build because there are so little skills to spend points on. Basically just get all of the passive (except you don't really need mp), your attack skills in the artisan tree. You can get the terror knight summon if you choose, it's useful for leveling early on but not very useful for much else later on.

You'll have plenty of skill points leftover which you can basically put into whichever crafting skills you wish.

Stat build is straight forward, Con is your main stat and unlike other classes it is not detrimental to max one stat (being con in this case). Dex, is your secondary ap stat, and can be useful for dodge, but you will need to pursue it to get any benefit from it. So basically, if you don't want to bother with dodge, go with lower dex and higher sen, but if you do want to utilize it, go with more dex.

I'm leveling fine just raising the passives and no active skills, so I'm just going to save all my SP for after I turn Artisan. I'm planning to not raise any craft skills until after I learned all my necessary Artisan passives and actives. I'm trying to make my character have all the best PvP skills that will make him succeed. Have any tips on which Artisan skills are the best?

#4 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Poison Shot (toxic shot?) and Hypno shot are the only two attack skills in the artisan tree. There is also sniping in the offensive tree if you want to take it. But as I said, you have way more than enough skillpoints to get everything for combat/pvp, you'll have leftover points which you can put into crafting skills if you wish.

Check out StijnDP's skill calculator for easier reference.

Edited by Phish, 03 November 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#5 EpicTones

EpicTones

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Poison Shot (toxic shot?) and Hypno shot are the only two attack skills in the artisan tree. There is also sniping in the offensive tree if you want to take it. But as I said, you have way more than enough skillpoints to get everything for combat/pvp, you'll have leftover points which you can put into crafting skills if you wish.

Check out StijnDP's skill calculator for easier reference.

I've heard Artisans have two stuns, which skills are these?

#6 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

They aren't skills, they are consumable items. The concussion grenade and concussion explosive.

#7 EpicTones

EpicTones

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

They aren't skills, they are consumable items. The concussion grenade and concussion explosive.

Are Borgs able to use these items?

#8 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

the concussion grenade is for dealers so bourg can use them, however concussion explosives are only for artisans so you won't be able to use them as a bourg.

#9 EpicTones

EpicTones

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

the concussion grenade is for dealers so bourg can use them, however concussion explosives are only for artisans so you won't be able to use them as a bourg.

The reason I wanted to be a Artisan is I heard they have better PvP abilities, is this true when both jobs are at their maximum potential?

#10 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

Gun artisan against gun bourg are definitely stronger, but I've pvped few good laucher bourgs are they gave me an hard time. Plus one day -I don't know when but i guess in some months- bourg will probably get balanced to be better than artisans. As a consequence I'm playing artisan for now, but I have a 220 bourg ready for this update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users