cRO closing down? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

cRO closing down?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 TadRen

TadRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

I play RO on both CRO and IRO. Honestly, I was shocked when I heard this news from my friends.
CRO players are currently trying to find and persuade other companies to save RO.

I cannot see the reason why they are closing CRO, because there is no bot in CRO at all, and the population of CRO players is no less than IRO.

CRO players feel like they're gonna lose their home. While I was talking to a friend, he said: "If CRO is closed, you still have IRO, but we'll have nothing..." I just felt sooooo sad!!!

#27 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

It isn't just a game, it's a way of life.

#28 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

I play RO on both CRO and IRO. Honestly, I was shocked when I heard this news from my friends.
CRO players are currently trying to find and persuade other companies to save RO.

I cannot see the reason why they are closing CRO, because there is no bot in CRO at all, and the population of CRO players is no less than IRO.

CRO players feel like they're gonna lose their home. While I was talking to a friend, he said: "If CRO is closed, you still have IRO, but we'll have nothing..." I just felt sooooo sad!!!

cRo hasn't had new players for a long time now, and a significant number of people bots. The decision is surprising though, given that their cash shop is even more expensive than iRO's.

#29 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

That's not really the point here.
There are simply servers that have such a small license area that there are not enough player in this part of the world, not speaking of many players from this area may have started on another server years ago and don't move to the new one.
Than there are servers who're just "kicked out" by Gravity to begin with.

Regarding the european server:
Gravity founded "Gravity Europe" somewhat during the years and took away the france license from euRO to open fRO.
Than Gravity Europe got all european licenses that weren't allready taken over by euRO, meaning all licenses except germany, austria, switzerland, italy and turkey. So the license holder of euRO, Burda:IC, was cut out slowly. They couldn't afford to make big convention presentations for example because they weren't allowed to use it in other countries as well - for a game hoster who also hosts other european games and goes to conventions all over europe, this was a nail to the grave for euRO getting new players at all.
I guess they tried to connect RO with their other games, too, but korea didn't gave their approval. They didn't supplied any more updates, or fullfilled requests like bug fixes (!) that were years old. euRO wasn't allowed to do these things on their own, like iRO is, too. So they hanged in a rope here. After they couldn't get anything done for over a year - they gave up. They didn't saw a chance to keep up their standarts of quality and decided to not renew the lincens. I could think that something similiar happened to cRO too.

Btw, Burda is doing fine now, airing lots of advertisment for their other games in television now. So... yeah, they surely planned more for RO as well, but couldn't do it.

Now the last european licenses are owned by Gravity Europe as well.

I can confirm this thing about euRO and fRO. There is a file on internet about the licenses that Gravity Europe started to take, and this file is of 2005. Anyway their first advertising at the convention has been in Feb 2007 at the festival du joux of Cannes. At that convention fRO was still in open beta, anyway the person of the marketing of that years(not that of now), tried to contact all persons related to RO at the convention(cosplayers and etc. I was between these)making advertising and bringing them on fRO. In this way various players from euRO in particular those from Switzerland(cos the french ppl already didn't play there preferred the p.servers for a language prob) went on fRO. Anyway after that convention Gravity Europe didn't take part anymore at other conventions, except maybe for this year that they wanted to go at a game convention in Paris(they asked to us to make image guys in cosplay, anyway we refused for various personal reasons that I will avoid to say on a public forum, since they could be really offensive). Anyway the way that fRO hitted euRO would be really vicious, since there were rumors that it was in the beginning a p.server and since they knew that the french ppl were p.server lovers, they continue to customize their server as a p.server, this made that many Frenches went there cos they had the custom stuff and also the language. So slowly Gravity Europe took the players and the licenses, until to forbidden now to us fanartists to write the name of other official servers on our fanart, or at least these are the words of their marketing responsible said in a long correspondence with my husband. So I'm not surprised that Burda could have this kind of problems of advertising, and I can comfirm about the closure of euRO that all the words of Rutana are true.

I could say other bad stuff on Gravity Europe as missing prizes at the contests and other probs, but since this is a public forum I will avoid to talk about this kind of issues.

About China RO I'm really sorry for them, I hope that the players will be able to find a new house.

While I cross my fingers hoping that next server to close will be fRO.

Edited by Allysia, 08 November 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#30 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

I know cRO sells MVP card in their kafra shop....and i think that why the game die so fast

#31 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

wtf they do? wow mvp card on kafra shop? wtf

#32 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

Edited by sexytime, 08 November 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#33 outlanders

outlanders

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Shanda is a terrible publisher like all Chinese game publishers. Their cash shop was really rigged and they have lots and lots of bots. It's just that Chinese players doesn't really care unlike American gamers who understand the destruction gold farmers can bring. When I played Perfect World, bots were everywhere but no Chinese gave 2 cents and everyone just minded their own business. After that, I decided not to play any Chinese mmorpg.

#34 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

One thing that I see as a big challenge for RO is how many versions there are. In Asia especially there are TONS of versions, and it is splitting a population that may have otherwise all condensed into fewer versions thus increasing the profitabilty and economy of scale of those few versions.

I know that iRO, bRO and euRO are certainly a common group with us, and likely if only 1 such version existed most of all those players would be on that 1 version.

RO needs alot of love, it needs more updates and certainly alot of work to keep players interested and playing and at the end of the day more players to support the version so it can stay open. My goal as the Producer for iRO is to try and keep stability and growth for iRO and to keep you all interested in helping us pay the bills. Right now I am significantly stressed out because there are some big issues of instability caused by a number of factors.
-IDC Move
- Significant delay on our updates (months late on the Skill update)
- and a few issues that we sort of caused (green ales)
- and resurgence of more botting.

All these things will get resolved, but the timeliness of crucial importance, you all love RO, but I know that patience does run out and it is harder to build trust and faith than it is to lose it. I know I'm running out of brownie points with a number of you, and I certainly don't like that. october was supposed to be testing and starting of updating, but now it is November and we are still working on the updates.

Speaking of some of the things that cRO did better than us, like the lessening of some restrictions I know we wouldn't have some of the restrictions if we didn't have players exhibiting community unfriendly behaviors with them that forced restrictions in place. And regarding bots, I don't know if there would be profit on cRO for a farm, I know here there is profit for them which is why they haven't stopped ruining everyone's day here.

As for the closing, my heart really does go out to the players, at best it is inconvenient at worst it is like losing a family member as people you love spending time with may never talk to you again if you didn't get offline contacts. Also other versions picking up the players, I hope it happens, it is a huge waste to not pick up the accounts as a business move and it is a cold heartless thing to deny gamers their game over a dollar figure. (I don't think it will be us for license and language issues). If the actual players play on iRO that is their business and they are welcome if they want to play RO as a member of our community, there will be some latency challenges for them but I know we already have a handful of chinese players on our server.

#35 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

^
I played cro for years and i can tell that

There were no bots (when i say no i mean exactly no) on cro after shanda ran the game.
Because most bot programs can't be used and gms ban people efficiently.

Yes,they have limited mvp cards for sell in kafra shops such as Tao card.
But they have no "green ale". Instead they have "korean rice cake", and "ygg berries" in kafra shop.

Gravity requires shanda to maintain at least 10,0000 players online which is impossible without bots,
that's why they closed cro.
The game was actually bringing great $ to shanda.

> Banning bots could be harmful to the publisher.

#36 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Umm Sheepmia, I'm curious where you heard about the user numbers being a reason for closure. I know that license holders don't generate revenue for the Development studio based on user numbers it is based on revenue of the publisher. I can't imagine that user numbers wouuld play any part in this unless the numbers decreased to a point that the revenue wasn't sufficient to meet publisher needs and royalty fees.

I would love to see a link to where you got that info as it would be very instructive to me.

#37 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

wow!

#38 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

Three possibilities... (1) Gravity HQ, like many of the larger corporations, measures success on entirely arbitrary criteria and actually closed a server with thousands of people for that reason despite, if the claims are true, good revenue, (2) sheepmia took rumors as truth or is, intentionally or not, lying, or (3) primarily because of that last statement "Banning bots could be harmful to the publisher," sheepmia is a bot attempting to reduce risk of getting banned.

/e4

<edit>Small clarification in above.

Actually, quick question: What's the likelihood that the cRO accounts will be picked up? (Or, and not to put a negative spin on it, the chances that the account info won't be picked up at all...?)

Edited by Anchors, 09 November 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#39 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Anchors,

I don't know what the odds are of the accounts being picked up. I know if I were a chinese localized server I would be chomping at the bit to pick up the bag of already converted players.

#40 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

In that case, here's hoping other publishers in the area are thinking the same way~

#41 Chicharito14

Chicharito14

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:46 AM

I'm Chinese,Frankly speaking,there're more than 30 people played IRO recently.Some of us are good at English while some are not.I'm a Wizard named Phil Jones ,a footballer in Manchester United.I played IRO since last Friday.My feeling is that Foreigners(You) are easygoing and kind.I went into PVP .A Guillitine gave 3m zeny,and that helps me a lot.We want to buy Zeny but we have no way ,so we have to pick the items.Here are many bots but we are not influenced by it .We all level our character up manually.Next we are going to build a guild called Antibot. Majority of the members are Chinese.We really need the sophisticated's help.

I haven't register an MSN account ,so if somebody wants to contact us.Send Email to me .149736425@qq.com .Thank u.

#42 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

I'm Chinese,Frankly speaking,there're more than 30 people played IRO recently.Some of us are good at English while some are not.I'm a Wizard named Phil Jones ,a footballer in Manchester United.I played IRO since last Friday.My feeling is that Foreigners(You) are easygoing and kind.I went into PVP .A Guillitine gave 3m zeny,and that helps me a lot.We want to buy Zeny but we have no way ,so we have to pick the items.Here are many bots but we are not influenced by it .We all level our character up manually.Next we are going to build a guild called Antibot. Majority of the members are Chinese.We really need the sophisticated's help.

I haven't register an MSN account ,so if somebody wants to contact us.Send Email to me .149736425@qq.com .Thank u.

uh im not sure if this is a troll, but if it is i guess im getting trolled. so here it is

r u just recently join from cRO? and what server do u play? maybe i can help some of u guys out if some of cRO ppl join iRO

Edited by Unifan, 09 November 2011 - 03:56 AM.

#43 Chicharito14

Chicharito14

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

uh im not sure if this is a troll, but if it is i guess im getting trolled. so here it is

r u just recently join from cRO? and what server do u play? maybe i can help some of u guys out if some of cRO ppl join iRO

Thank u for your repling.I have played cro for more than 7 years , and i played iro since last Friday.Because i want to improve my English level while still play Ragnarok so more than 30(70 at first) played here recently.Its 20:00 in China now.Why the server still unconnected?We all playing at Val server .The third one in the list

Edited by Chicharito14, 09 November 2011 - 04:04 AM.

#44 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

oh =( i play in ymir, VIP server, it has way les bot, im from australia, it is 22:18 Wednesday night. but if u decide to move to ymir, send me a pm thru this forum, and ill b glady help u and ur friends from cRO out

#45 Chicharito14

Chicharito14

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

oh =( i play in ymir, VIP server, it has way les bot, im from australia, it is 22:18 Wednesday night. but if u decide to move to ymir, send me a pm thru this forum, and ill b glady help u and ur friends from cRO out

I'd like to .thank u.

#46 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Also, you can somehow "buy" Zeny legally, in spending money into the Kafra Shop and sell the Kafra Shop items.
I hope you and your friends will enjoy iRO!

#47 Chicharito14

Chicharito14

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Also, you can somehow "buy" Zeny legally, in spending money into the Kafra Shop and sell the Kafra Shop items.

The problems is that we don't have the relative tools.Like Visa.I have to waster another hale a month to get the card.But we have to spent these days.
the best way is to find a Chinese living in USA to help us. we pay him RMB and he gives us the ro zeny

#48 Chicharito14

Chicharito14

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

If i sell items .Will it be cheaper than i pay?.It means if i pay 7 USD.can i get 100 million back?

#49 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

The problems is that we don't have the relative tools.Like Visa.I have to waster another hale a month to get the card.But we have to spent these days.
the best way is to find a Chinese living in USA to help us. we pay him RMB and he gives us the ro zeny

Absolutely do not buy zeny from anyone. You risk being scammed, banned from the game, or both.

#50 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

There are many possible ways to pay on iRO. Either through Warpportal directly or through companys like playspan.
Try to buy an Ultimate Game Card for example from a thrustworthy source that allows a payment you can provide.

Than take these WPE and turn them into Kafra Points and Buy stuff from the shop that people like to buy, like Enriched and HD Ores.
You can check the prices they give in Zeny here:
http://ragial.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users