• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Dominx0xPL

Dominx0xPL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

HI so i changed my tempest to protector to have a nice tank , i found nice skill build but i dont know what gear per level use.

Im 67lv and dont have any wepon or armor. Next thing is what enchant shoul i put to accesorys and what to armor??

#2 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

armor:

lvl 66 s1 set or s1 lvl 70 con set parts

jewels:

not sure , maybe SL s1 or s2

just go as much hp as possible and high def/block

#3 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Sadly S1 Seamless (lvl 66) and S1 Glorious (lvl 70) are seriously hard to get (and mighty expensive). Perhaps you can start with a S2 RH set / pieces, or S2 Sea Protector set, they are not that terribly hard to get or even buy. If upgraded properly they can last for several levels. Later, you should aim for carus armour. Not sure which set you could get / afford, most could do the job. Like S2 Glorious (lvl 72), Conqueror (lvl 75), or the Sacred Pattern CON one (lvl 79, probably very hard to get whole set).

For Protector, best enchants would be those that can boost your attributes, primarily CON, for more HPs. Best would be raid xeons (DC CON scales, Biskra CON and RH */CON ones). Then, Ion MIne CON xeons. And of course, the relevant from S1, if you happen to have any. HP xeons can not be added to armour anymore, but some pieces from S1 might already have them enchanted in. For ornaments, same story more or less. Could also use some enchants that boost MND, to strengthen your healing skills.

#4 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

If you on Valdes, wanna buy my s1 polar? >.> Sell for lant or trade wp points ^_^
It's enchanted with nice hp xeons, yus it is the best you will get .

#5 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

Also Essence of Iron Earings S1 (lvl 66) are a god choice cos of the 2% block each has.

#6 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

I've been looking into and this is what I figured out so far.

For HP Secret Lab M-C is best till you can get your hand on Carus Iron Wall Belt (70) and also Carus Earrings. One issue with M-C set is your MP runs out fast so you need two MP pots as well Nightmare pots just for those hard times.

Enchants all Ion Based one HP (Accessories) and CON (Armour). If you can get hold of S1 enchants do so ^^. I wouldn't waste any good enchants on low level armour. I would suggest Polar over RH Fierce as it is a lot cheaper and much easier to attain and the difference in HP isn't much. Shield (RH) unless you can get S1 Egis (I have one for sale but to lazy to post it) and Axe give more HP than sword unless you can get hold of S1 Kushephoon sword.

As to S1 Polar, the best thing about it is defence and block rate but its a xxx to enforce like every other S1 item.

#7 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

This is for a pure HP build. I'll stick to S2 stuff, since S1 is damned hard to find / afford now....

For armour:
The S2 RH set is a fair bit better than the S2 Seamless really.
The RH upper, helm, gloves and boots all gain 1 extra CON per + over the Seamless, plus the 6 more from the set bonus :bang:
S2 Biskra set isn't worth taking over the RH - however you try to mix parts up you will always have more HP from the full RH set (with Seamless shoulders).
- Enchant with raid/IM CON xeons!

For jewels:
M-C set is nice, best you can get for HP without going carus really.
Only things better are carus at high +....
  • Iron Wall belt
  • Firedragon Molar necklace
  • Carus reinforced magic earrings (for heals and MP recovery)
  • Hopeful Ring/Hollow Charm rings
  • Stick with M-C bracelets Determined Willingness bracelets
- Enchant with the best HP xeons you can find (S1 rarities, or IM HP)

For weapon/shield:
  • L65 sword/axe/bludge with Roundelroot shield isn't too bad if you get some + on it
  • L67 RH sword/axe and shield is nice for HP. The Biskra stuff has fixed CON so RH stuff will be better after some +'s
  • L75 Tyrant gear is AWESOME. Both CON and HP go up with +'s. Try to get sword/axe and shield!
- No decent enchants available for weapons really... maybe a CON up, or if you're tanking raid bosses the Physical Critical Down debuff can be useful.

And finish off with the best SvS costume you can afford, +'d as much as possible and enchanted with best HP xeons you can find. Or a Torn Teddy!

Then if you're feeling rich get a Mall costume and L10 pet!

Edited by tally, 15 November 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#8 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

This is for a pure HP build. I'll stick to S2 stuff, since S1 is damned hard to find / afford now....

For armour:
The S2 RH set is a fair bit better than the S2 Seamless really.
The RH upper, helm, gloves and boots all gain 1 extra CON per + over the Seamless, plus the 6 more from the set bonus :bang:
S2 Biskra set isn't worth taking over the RH - however you try to mix parts up you will always have more HP from the full RH set (with Seamless shoulders).
- Enchant with raid/IM CON xeons!

For jewels:
M-C set is nice, best you can get for HP without going carus really.
Only things better are carus at high +....

• Iron Wall belt
  • Firedragon Molar necklace
  • Carus reinforced magic earrings (for heals and MP recovery)
  • Hopeful Ring/Hollow Charm rings
  • Stick with M-C bracelets
- Enchant with the best HP xeons you can find (S1 rarities, or IM HP)

For weapon/shield:
  • L65 sword/axe/bludge with Roundelroot shield isn't too bad if you get some + on it
  • L67 RH sword/axe and shield is nice for HP. The Biskra stuff has fixed CON so RH stuff will be better after some +'s
  • L75 Tyrant gear is AWESOME. Both CON and HP go up with +'s. Try to get sword/axe and shield!
- No decent enchants available for weapons really... maybe a CON up, or if you're tanking raid bosses the Physical Critical Down debuff can be useful.

And finish off with the best SvS costume you can afford, +'d as much as possible and enchanted with best HP xeons you can find. Or a Torn Teddy!

Then if you're feeling rich get a Mall costume and L10 pet!

Thank you ^^ That has helped me a lot.

RH is a pain to enforce, I can easily get Seamless to +14 with event that's why I went for it. Also it is a lot cheaper and well for low level gear its worth it.
I did some bad calculations. I had Firedragon necklace and sold it thinking it wasn't worth enforcing. :waddle:_laugh:Damn I need to get another one.

As to the Hallow/Charm rings do they even exist? Never seen them on sale. And can you please tell me how much CON/HP they enforce by?

#9 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hollow Charm
Hopeful Ring
I'd imagine both have 2 CON per + as they seem similar. Would be nice to have 3 ><
I've never seen either one drop heh.

As they only have 1 more CON per + than M-C, and have 3 less starting CON, AND won't have the 15 CON from the set bonus, you'll need to get high + on them to make it worth changing to them (at least +11).
Also 2 extra enchant slots per jewel on the carus :P

The necklace and belt are better then M-C after just +1.
The pair of Carus earrings are better than M-C at +2.
Did some numbers... The L65 Determined Willingness bracelets are actually better than the M-C ones if they're above +10.
(Didn't account for the 8/8 60 HP bonus from M-C being lost ... but it's 60 HP. Just accounted for the 15 CON per 2 parts.)

^ This is all of course comparing the harder to get, and more difficult and expensive to reinforce, raid jewels against the cheap and easy M-C ones, but in the interest of high budgets, and definitely if you're going +30, then raid jewels all round are the best for HP.

Bored => Full +30 M-C set with all parts max enchanted with RH Breathings is 2790 HP
Full set of the raid etc jewels at +30, all max enchanted with RH Breathings is 4120 HP

Edited by tally, 15 November 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#10 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Both Hollow Charm and Hopeful Ring are drops from Lord Werinuman. Not only there are rather few of these raids done, but it seems these items have a rather low drop rate as well. I think I have only seen one of those ever drop in all my LW raids ...

#11 gammelfleisch

gammelfleisch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:None.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:41 AM

For jewels I'd say s2 M-C ID jewels for beginning until you get nice carus jewels, then I'd say

-Iron Wall Belt
-Hopeful Rings ( better than Hollow Charm coz of MND (additional MP rec))
-Firedragon Molar
-Determinded Willingness bracelets (adding 2 CON per step, unlike SL jewels)
-Either 66 block rate earrings or carus reinforced magic jewels (3 CON per step, MP rec)

:P

#12 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hollow Charm
Hopeful Ring
I'd imagine both have 2 CON per + as they seem similar. Would be nice to have 3 ><
I've never seen either one drop heh.

As they only have 1 more CON per + than M-C, and have 3 less starting CON, AND won't have the 15 CON from the set bonus, you'll need to get high + on them to make it worth changing to them (at least +11).
Also 2 extra enchant slots per jewel on the carus :P

The necklace and belt are better then M-C after just +1.
The pair of Carus earrings are better than M-C at +2.
Did some numbers... The L65 Determined Willingness bracelets are actually better than the M-C ones if they're above +10.
(Didn't account for the 8/8 60 HP bonus from M-C being lost ... but it's 60 HP. Just accounted for the 15 CON per 2 parts.)

^ This is all of course comparing the harder to get, and more difficult and expensive to reinforce, raid jewels against the cheap and easy M-C ones, but in the interest of high budgets, and definitely if you're going +30, then raid jewels all round are the best for HP.

Bored => Full +30 M-C set with all parts max enchanted with RH Breathings is 2790 HP
Full set of the raid etc jewels at +30, all max enchanted with RH Breathings is 4120 HP

Thank you for the link.

I think you need to + as you need to take into account how easy it is to enforce M-C items over eximus/carus items. You need a lot more than what you suggested to beat a +16 M-C set which is pretty easy to make on an event.

I did this ages ago, and can't recall the calculations but I think I had to get the carus belt to +8 to take in the factor or M-C enforcement plus bonus.

Once the bonus is broken FIredragon Molar should be obvious choice. What a fool, I had it but sold it for peanuts. Still don't know its pricing.

I saw the Willingness bracelets not sure about that. +20 M-C is much easier to attain than +15 Willingness and I do believe that is still more CON in M-C than Willingness.

Carus earrings are a good choice but mainly to improve heal and mp recovery.

Edited by Chardane, 16 November 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#13 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

What I meant by comparing the sets was if both were at the same +. I was comparing the parts in pairs to account for the M-C set bonus too.

You're quite right that M-C is easier to reinforce. It's easier and cheaper to get too.

So lets say a whole M-C set at +20. Attainable with an event and allowing for a few breaks/mall items.

Earrings
M-C
12+20 CON per jewel, +15 CON from set bonus
= 79 CON = 395 HP

Carus
17 CON base, +3 from each reinforce. No set bonus.
To beat M-C at +20, must have at least 40 CON per jewel.
So each earring needs to be +8

Neck/Belt
M-C
12+20 CON per jewel, +15 from set bonus. 30+40 HP from belt.
= 79 CON + 70 HP

DC/LW jewels
17 CON base, +3 each reinforce from both. 55 HP +6 per reinforce from belt.
Need 40 CON per jewel, plus at least 70 HP from belt, to beat M-C.
So necklace and belt need to be +7

Rings
M-C
12+20 CON per jewel, +15 from set bonus.
= 79 CON

LW rings
9 CON base, +2 per reinforce.
Need at least 40 CON per jewel.
So rings must be +16

Bracelets (This is a close one, see chart!)
M-C
12+20 CON and 30+40 HP per jewel. +15 CON set bonus.
= 79 CON + 140 HP

Determined Willingness
15 CON base, +2 per reinforce, per jewel.
Need to have 54 CON per jewel (as M-C has HP too).
So bracelets must be +20

Here is a chart to show how close this is...
Posted Image

So it's clear that some jewels are better to replace than others :P All depends on your budget!

#14 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

What I meant by comparing the sets was if both were at the same +. I was comparing the parts in pairs to account for the M-C set bonus too.

You're quite right that M-C is easier to reinforce. It's easier and cheaper to get too.

So lets say a whole M-C set at +20. Attainable with an event and allowing for a few breaks/mall items.

Earrings
M-C
12+20 CON per jewel, +15 CON from set bonus
= 79 CON = 395 HP

Carus
17 CON base, +3 from each reinforce. No set bonus.
To beat M-C at +20, must have at least 40 CON per jewel.
So each earring needs to be +8

Neck/Belt
M-C
12+20 CON per jewel, +15 from set bonus. 30+40 HP from belt.
= 79 CON + 70 HP

DC/LW jewels
17 CON base, +3 each reinforce from both. 55 HP +6 per reinforce from belt.
Need 40 CON per jewel, plus at least 70 HP from belt, to beat M-C.
So necklace and belt need to be +7

Rings
M-C
12+20 CON per jewel, +15 from set bonus.
= 79 CON

LW rings
9 CON base, +2 per reinforce.
Need at least 40 CON per jewel.
So rings must be +16

Bracelets (This is a close one, see chart!)
M-C
12+20 CON and 30+40 HP per jewel. +15 CON set bonus.
= 79 CON + 140 HP

Determined Willingness
15 CON base, +2 per reinforce, per jewel.
Need to have 54 CON per jewel (as M-C has HP too).
So bracelets must be +20

Here is a chart to show how close this is...
Posted Image

So it's clear that some jewels are better to replace than others :blah: All depends on your budget!

Wow this should be pinned. Thank you :P

Rings are too costly. So for me I need to replace Earrings, Neck, Belt and Bracelets for that extra MP. Prefect :D

#15 gimek

gimek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Another option for a belt is the navy's from biskra. It is 1 less con then the Ironwall but rare is alot cheaper if you are in a bind.

#16 jls1znv9999

jls1znv9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Right off the top S1 Polar is expensive and hard to find (i am still looking for helm).
A few people will only go for 4 out of the 6 (at 4 you get full set bonus).
S1 Glorious is a pipe dream except for the only 1 person known on server Valdes to have it.
There is always discussion as what is best.
My gear listed:
Main Armors:
S1 Polar Shoulders, Gloves, Lower, Upper, Boots (5/6)
S2 Helm (till i can find S1 Seamless or sexy S2 one)
Accessories:
MC Rings +15 current with Ion HP
MC Belt (Changing this off when i can ++++ a Iron Wall or Navy Steel Belt)
MC Necklace (Changing this also to a ++++ Con based with Needed RES stat)
S1 Essence of Ion Earrings (you can't reinforce them but they have a nice 23 CON base but more importantly +2% Block rate.
S2 Determined Willingness Bracelets (Mine are +15 ATM)
S1 Kush sword and S1 Rounder-loot shield.

My Bracelets and Earrings are both loaded with S1 HP Ion Con xeons.
CON Base gears always.

Me personally i like the S1 GODLY Con parts but also favor them due to the +1% gain base on each item (S1 seamless has this) and the Essence of Ion earrings have a +2% Block each.
All that added up together just S1 seamless and s1 ion earrings you gain a nice +10% block rate. It might not be the best overall but at it's level it beats the other sets.
I just came back after a few months so i don't know much about Lvl cap gears.

#17 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

The s1 earrings are nice, but carus have much more con. 107 at +30.

I think s1 seamless has about the same con as the new L85 con armour, so very nice for L66!

Only thing I find hard to balance in with prots is resistance. Elec for plug/robo, fire for LW, curse for tyrant. And likely for the ET bosses too (not tanked yet).

Got plenty of Elec from seamless/RH sets. Fire can be got from conqueror set I guess, tho I'd rather not have to get a whole new set.

Thinking TB bracelets wouldn't be too much of a compromise.

#18 jls1znv9999

jls1znv9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Sword of Control LvL 72 w/ 1.6% resist to light and wind
Sword Of Soul Repos LvL 75 w/ 1.6% water and fire (not sure if this one +'s Con though
Uncursed Dead Man's Sword Lvl 79 w/ 1.7% Curse and Light res

I am sure the lvl 85 Con based will have better stats and resistances. (I can dream)
Keep in mind with lvl 85 Imperfect items you have to compound to add stats. Like removing the "Cursed" from Cursed Weapons to increase base stats.
Good Luck

Hint that might help you at lower level is UJC to Commie if you can. With decent gear you can quest out fast and then UJC later. This is really helpful if you still have the one's that Gravity gave out (check in Item Mall Manage Items)
To get the godly gear use a well liked and needed class to farm raids for drops.

This is a well known resource for looking at stats of gears
http://requiem-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

Charm you will definately need is either Truth of Ancient Ruins(Alosa) or Torn Teddy.

Edited by jls1znv9999, 13 December 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#19 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

The s1 earrings are nice, but carus have much more con. 107 at +30.

I think s1 seamless has about the same con as the new L85 con armour, so very nice for L66!

Only thing I find hard to balance in with prots is resistance. Elec for plug/robo, fire for LW, curse for tyrant. And likely for the ET bosses too (not tanked yet).

Got plenty of Elec from seamless/RH sets. Fire can be got from conqueror set I guess, tho I'd rather not have to get a whole new set.

Thinking TB bracelets wouldn't be too much of a compromise.

TBH the only resistance i find i need its fire for LW. The rest wont affect much in bosses, most dmg comes from AA and dots in higher lvl dungeons

#20 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Can someone please Xwork out if the new NM items are better for tank. I have yet to see M-C or C-C one but would like to know :)

Thanks

#21 Agamotto

Agamotto

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Can someone please Xwork out if the new NM items are better for tank. I have yet to see M-C or C-C one but would like to know :)

Thanks

They are better because they give same + to con as carus reinforced ones(3 per step) and each part you can go CON on + and a set bonus to CON on top of that.
Base CON is of course a gamble just like other S2 compound stuff.

But remember that they will be outdated soon so it might be a waste of WP/MP, Carus NM items are already ingame but not yet implemented lol.

Edited by Agamotto, 07 April 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#22 Koenigstiger

Koenigstiger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

And if you want to do PvP on max lvl (85) you need the 85 er set, At least the boots. because u have no rush. It is the only chance to catch opponents

#23 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

They are better because they give same + to con as carus reinforced ones(3 per step) and each part you can go CON on + and a set bonus to CON on top of that.
Base CON is of course a gamble just like other S2 compound stuff.

But remember that they will be outdated soon so it might be a waste of WP/MP, Carus NM items are already ingame but not yet implemented lol.

SOB :p_sad:

Really a slimy and unethical company. They plan to maximise profit with little consideration for player base and minimum effort. One of the worst companies I have had the displeasure of getting to know. Shame their share holders don't know their ethic practices.

Not worth unbinding, extracting and selling the current carus stuff I have ><

I wonder which map they will release the "new" carus items.

And if you want to do PvP on max lvl (85) you need the 85 er set, At least the boots. because u have no rush. It is the only chance to catch opponents

I am not bored enough to do PvP with a tank XD

Edited by Chardane, 08 April 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#24 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

As with everything "new" added to this game, I would suggest... wait a while to see how it is going. Then maybe decide if it is really worth the trouble to "upgrade" to the new gear.

Currently, farming the components for the new jewels seems to be the REAL nightmare in Crescent, worse even than getting the components for lvl 85 weapons (i.e. cores).

If you already have some decent jewels and have put effort in them... I would keep them until it all settles down, and certainly until drop rate in Crescent becomes reasonable (yeah, high hopes).

If by any chance you have any carus jewels or rare ones already upgraded fairly high, I would suggest you still use them. Personally I am not changing mine, especially if indeed new carus ones are on the way...

#25 Agamotto

Agamotto

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

SOB :p_sad:

Really a slimy and unethical company. They plan to maximise profit with little consideration for player base and minimum effort. One of the worst companies I have had the displeasure of getting to know. Shame their share holders don't know their ethic practices.

Not worth unbinding, extracting and selling the current carus stuff I have ><

I wonder which map they will release the "new" carus items.

I am not bored enough to do PvP with a tank XD

Well there has been much QQ for Crescent and they had to roll it out ASAP so that's the reason they had to release rare stuff before carus.
Well at least we know we're getting lvl 100 cap eventually(how long it'll take is the catch lol) with possibly new maps/raids/instances :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users