8 replies to this topic

#1 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

I just recently came back (again) and noticed the new race and classes so I decided to make one. o:
Problem is I'm in need of some skill builds to look over. I've found one someone posted but before I go adding skills willy-nilly, I want to compare at least another one or so.
I'd also appreciate a quick run through of twin fighters.

Thanks for any and all help you provide. (:

Edit: This is the build I'm using while I'm still level 20 for the time being. +1 into non-stop kicking though.
Build was found here.

Edited by sakubomb, 04 November 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

The earlier levels of Twin Fighter from 20 to 26 are extraordinarily difficult. You're presented with a large array of skills and little guidance and synergy with most other classes, including Summoners which they were introduced with.

Once you can access F6 you should have a better flow of the Fighter skills. Primarily you should be using the skills that hit an enemy and slightly knock them back, which then allows you time to use other skills like Non Stop Kicking which will be a good DPS skill for a while, as well as a launch skill with Tornado.

You'll also have several filler skills like Spin Bomb and Spirit Spear. You'll want the multi hit skills like Sliding Kick which is also great DPS. Eventually you can get Rolling Grable which is absolutely wonderful for bosses and chunks of monsters. It can also combo into Non Stop Kicking. All of the main character's skills aren't too great so you won't really have to do much with both. Ring from Hell will function as your primary F7ing skill.

Once you've job changed to Mirage, you reach some of the harder hitting skills like Rising Drop Kick and Infinite Kicking--ditch Non Stop kicking for this. Rising Drop Kick ends up being your best mobbing, bossing and overall DPS skill in PvE. Some players find Stamper to be a decent DPS skill as well. In my experience the Fusion chain is mostly PvP oriented and I do not have any of it besides the actual Fusion skill for recalling the Twin for strategic use of skills. Here's a version of my build broken down into chunks of level:

Lv. 30
http://irowiki.org/~...000000000000000

Lv. 50
http://irowiki.org/~...000000000343301

Lv. 80
http://irowiki.org/~...500030000353531

Keep in mind the Passives Heavy Blow and Iron Fist Training have inaccurate descriptions. Heavy Blow adds Critical Rate and Iron Fist Training adds Critical Damage.

#3 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Ah, thank you for the explanations and builds.
I'll be sure to leaf over them. (:

Also, if you want to use the twin skills, do you, yourself, have to attack first?
I was trying out skills and hoping to get a better feel and flow for them and found I couldn't use moves like non-stop kicking without myself attacking first. But I could use the first move you get when you start. o-o
Am I totally missing something? ><

#4 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

Ah, thank you for the explanations and builds.
I'll be sure to leaf over them. (:

Also, if you want to use the twin skills, do you, yourself, have to attack first?
I was trying out skills and hoping to get a better feel and flow for them and found I couldn't use moves like non-stop kicking without myself attacking first. But I could use the first move you get when you start. o-o
Am I totally missing something? ><

I don't seem to understand. You should be able to use twin skills just like any skill and you can walk around and not attack at all, only letting your twin attack.

This isn't the best video, but you should be able to use the Twin skills like this:

With your own attacks being unnecessary but useful as a supplement.

#5 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

That's odd...
If I'm standing still and I use a twin attack I get some message.
I don't recall what it said exactly, but something like I'm not the required level?

But I'll double check in-game.

-Hmm, I just tried in-game and it works fine now. >-<
How weird. D8 Ah well~

Edited by sakubomb, 04 November 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#6 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

That's odd...
If I'm standing still and I use a twin attack I get some message.
I don't recall what it said exactly, but something like I'm not the required level?

But I'll double check in-game.

That is definitely not a normal occurrence. Restart your client and if it persists I would reinstall the game. If it persists then, submit a ticket.

Alternatively describe everything to me so that I can see if maybe some other error is occurring.

#7 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

It seems it was just a temporary problem.
I logged on and jumped into a mob with my twin attacking, so all is well.
And to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I restarted the client once more and it works. (:

#8 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

It seems it was just a temporary problem.
I logged on and jumped into a mob with my twin attacking, so all is well.
And to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I restarted the client once more and it works. (:

it happens to new twins, right after you get lvl 20 after the quest and you try to use the twin skills, it wont allow you to do so,
but after you re-logg its all fine.

#9 GiTheAssassin

GiTheAssassin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

In fact it happen all the time.

When you lvl up, your sister is still in the lvl before.

So you can't use the twin active skills that you just learn.

Thats why you can use only Spin Kick after getting Lv20.

It will be fixed when you change map or anything similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users