Hunter Fly Card and Reflect Skill - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Hunter Fly Card and Reflect Skill

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

I'm just wondering how effective Hunter Fly carded weapon does when the Royal Guard Reflect skill is active. I don't want to waste my money if the cards were not as efficient as I thought it would be.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

I'm just wondering how effective Hunter Fly carded weapon does when the Royal Guard Reflect skill is active. I don't want to waste my money if the cards were not as efficient as I thought it would be.

It works but these so little damage being done, you're you won't get any HP back at all unless it triggers on a Gfist or something. Elemental Sword with several autocasts cards like bloody knight or hatii bebe is the best weapon for Reflect RG.

EDIT: If you don't have a fast computer, never turn on /effect or you'll lag like hell with so many bolt spells triggering.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 06 November 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#3 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

unless you're reflecting high damage, no.

Like a triple malicious weapon would be best. More HFC cards to heal more, because you're reflecting a small part of damage that you're recieving and you can only heal a small percentage from that damage by chance... so not much with just one card.

#4 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

Using any weapon other than a moonie dagger + kaahi on a reflect RG is a bad idea. Kasa valk mant procs fireball and firebolt, both skills trigger SP gain from moonie and add big damage to scarabs. I was reflecting 500+ damage per hit in scaraba with level 7 kaahi on. (in addition to bolt damage and fireball damage.

Edited by Scuba, 06 November 2011 - 01:47 PM.

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Using any weapon other than a moonie dagger + kaahi on a reflect RG is a bad idea. Kasa valk mant procs fireball and firebolt, both skills trigger SP gain from moonie and add big damage to scarabs. I was reflecting 500+ damage per hit in scaraba with level 7 kaahi on. (in addition to bolt damage and fireball damage.

My Reflect RG setup requires no Kaahi and it kills 10x faster with so many bolts proc'ing. Elemental Sword bolt procs uses ALL 4 BOLT SKILLS, which is pretty deadly with high INT.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 06 November 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#6 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

My Reflect RG setup requires no Kaahi and it kills 10x faster with so many bolts proc'ing. Elemental Sword bolt procs uses ALL 4 BOLT SKILLS, which is pretty deadly with high INT.

Thanks for the replies. What I'm trying to do is to reduce or possibly eliminate the usage of pots without dragging my linker wife for Kaahi. I guess I wont be buying the cards for my elemental sword.

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

You've seen my screenie, I'd like to see yours. (in case you didn't see it it was a hyperlink in the underlined part of my post)

Pardon my skepticism but I highly doubt you killed mobs in 1-0.5 seconds.

Edited by Scuba, 06 November 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#8 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

she does, i have seen her a lot around, and yes always lag me a lot that wandering circus with so much fireworks. but yeah creza kills a lot with her RD royal guard

#9 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

Gears needed for this:
+7 (or higher) Immune Nid Garb
RoR (only RoR)
Kafra Blossom Carded accessory (more defense)
Defolty Hat (for +50% defense at all times) & +8 Power of Thor (for +40 Matk and stat bonuses)
Variants (or +4(or higher) Diab Boots with DL card--gl with that)
+4 (or higher) Rejuvenating Valkyrja's shield
Elemental Sword [Bloody Knight][Mutant Dragonoid][HunterFly] (or x3 HFC)

Stats:
Full INT/VIT

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have to say though, after 130, the going gets tough, and the equips are expensive as hell. Very cool looking and very high damage.
No need to ever buy a blue or white pot. Ever.

Skills:
Heal 10
Endure 10
Shield Spell 2 (For magnificat)
Reflect DMG 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason behind all the defence is because you are striving to survive without Kaahi while dealing great damage. You let the autocasts do all the work for you. Pretty much can smoke a cigarette and go afk for a bit if you want to while you're in Nogg or some highly crowded map. If you want to go to Juperos, you'll need Valk armor to resist stun and some headgear for that as well (stalactic golem carded.) Just to let you know, the mobs DO die faster than any other Reflect build I have seen. Leveling is so effing fast that you can level in Nogg to 133 if you want to without getting bored. I mean it really is a FUN build.

This is a build I personally tested and have shown to a few people but kept fairly secret because it causes MAJOR lag to others or even yourself unless you turn effects off. Also tired of bragging about it and leaving people wondering. So there you go.
I've decided that I don't care anymore though, and not having to depend on Kaahi to level is wonderful.
You can even afk farm with a Rejuvenating Thorny Buckler and a Bison Horn with your RoR. (I suggest Geffen Dun_01 for HFCs overnight)
Moonlight Dagger not required but if you have one, hotkey it for instant sp recovery in a pinch.

Enjoy.

PS:

she does, i have seen her a lot around, and yes always lag me a lot that wandering circus with so much fireworks. but yeah creza kills a lot with her RD royal guard

Meant to +1 that. I've left some people in awe with my build. Like they really have no damn clue what is going on. You cannot even see my sprite. Throw a Kettle Hat on for some cool effects with the Bloody Knight card (I use it just to look at cause it's pretty... @u@)

Edited by Okii, 06 November 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#10 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Yes, like they said, to use hunterflies, you would need to take high damage.

There are two [suicide] ways, and both require a linker.

1 - Kaite the guard.
2 - Eske [at least] one of the attacking monsters.

But the magic spams seem to be way better. Unless we have feedback of any suicide, I mean, person which tried the suggestions above. In this case, maybe the Hunterfly + Rideword may be the best combo. Otherwise, go magic.

Elemental Sword Users: I recommend having at least one Gazeti card. Elemental Sword procs on any Cold Bolt cast, therefore you have 2% extra chance to make it proc again.

#11 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:36 AM

reflect damage/shield reflect/gear reflect do not work with HFC or rideword hat. Triggered skills (mostly from flamelord ring) do. Thats were people make the jump from "RD -> skill -> HP back" to "RD -> HP back" and think RD works with HFC's.

I just toggle between moonlight dagger and elemental sword, probably have elemental sword on 70% of the time and switch to moonie to "fill up".

#12 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

It didn't work well for reflect, but I had a triple malicious elemental and used it with genesis ray and it was pretty effective at healing.
Too much hassle, though. Nobody has banding and inspiration's too short to level with

#13 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

My equipments right now consist of the following:

+6 Immune Nid Garb
+9 Superior Valk Shoes
+4 Rejuvinating Valk Shield (will upgrade later once I get more Armor Certificates and I swap it out with +6 Rejuvinating Cross Shield for more defense)
+7 Uncarded Elemental Sword
+4 Magic Hat (Autocast 3 bolts and level 1 Heal)
+9 Ebone Ares Armor (swapped with +4 Meteor Armor with Rori Ruri Card)
Ring of Resonance
Clip of Yana (more damage on Cold bolt)
Clip of Hail
Thunderbolt Bison
+7 Rideword Hat
+7 Holy Valk Armor
+4 Moonlight Dagger
Robo eyes (More Matk)
Pipe (1 Vit)

I am having fun of having this Vit/Int build but I still requires some equipments that will reduce/eliminate the usage of potions. If you have anymore advices I'm here to listen.

#14 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

My equipments right now consist of the following:

+6 Immune Nid Garb
+9 Superior Valk Shoes
+4 Rejuvinating Valk Shield (will upgrade later once I get more Armor Certificates and I swap it out with +6 Rejuvinating Cross Shield for more defense)
+7 Uncarded Elemental Sword
+4 Magic Hat (Autocast 3 bolts and level 1 Heal)
+9 Ebone Ares Armor (swapped with +4 Meteor Armor with Rori Ruri Card)
Ring of Resonance
Clip of Yana (more damage on Cold bolt)
Clip of Hail
Thunderbolt Bison
+7 Rideword Hat
+7 Holy Valk Armor
+4 Moonlight Dagger
Robo eyes (More Matk)
Pipe (1 Vit)

I am having fun of having this Vit/Int build but I still requires some equipments that will reduce/eliminate the usage of potions. If you have anymore advices I'm here to listen.

Maybe switch to an angelic ring:
http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2743/
Or use these from kafrashop:
http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/14537/

Also you could use prestige and SS3 to increase defense.

Edited by Scuba, 07 November 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#15 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Spoiler

Mutant Dragonoid card, Bloody Knight card should go on your sword. You will love them, TRUST ME!!
As for cross shield... no, wouldnt lose the resists from valk shield if I were you.
Get Defolty Hat and Power of Thor +8 (TRUST ME AGAIN!!)

In fact, I can lend you my Defolty hat to test it out.... so ballin.
I will also let you try my Life Link armor with Loli Ruri if you want. Good defense and faster natural recovery.
Variants help a lot with sp and health increase. Try some out if you can.

Edited by Okii, 07 November 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#16 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Mutant Dragonoid card, Bloody Knight card should go on your sword. You will love them, TRUST ME!!
As for cross shield... no, wouldnt lose the resists from valk shield if I were you.
Get Defolty Hat and Power of Thor +8 (TRUST ME AGAIN!!)

In fact, I can lend you my Defolty hat to test it out.... so ballin.
I will also let you try my Life Link armor with Loli Ruri if you want. Good defense and faster natural recovery.
Variants help a lot with sp and health increase. Try some out if you can.

i would love to try your gears but i would not take it unless if there is a trade off think of it as a collateral just in case something happens.

#17 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

keep in mind autocast skills dont stack, so if your using RoR for example Loli ruri wont work (or vs versa depending on which you equip first).

#18 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

keep in mind autocast skills dont stack, so if your using RoR for example Loli ruri wont work (or vs versa depending on which you equip first).

Loli and RoR do stack..
I've tested this myself and there are more heal procs with RoR and Loli Ruri, and one of them is definitely level 3, one is regen, and two are level 10 (shield and RoR).
The opposite is said for Magic Rabbit hat and Ele sword.

i would love to try your gears but i would not take it unless if there is a trade off think of it as a collateral just in case something happens.

I sold my Ele Sword and RoR so all that's left is my Loli Ruri carded Life Link and the Defolty Hat.
If you feel the need to use collateral then that's fine. I don't mind either way.

Oh... also I'm on Ymir.

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 02:10 AM.

#19 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

I was about to say that.loli tutu and heal from loli ruri do steak together along wih rejuvenating shield.

Okii, your I game name is Sesaline right? I was the one who bought the RoR I'll pm you what I can offer as trade off for our defolty hat and the lifelink.

Thanks.

Ariex

#20 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

I was about to say that.loli tutu and heal from loli ruri do stack together along wih rejuvenating shield.

Okii, your I game name is Sesaline right? I was the one who bought the RoR I'll pm you what I can offer as trade off for our defolty hat and the lifelink.

Thanks.

Ariex

#21 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Of course loli and revju stack. Loli's on taking damage and rejuv is on dealing damage. It's just that loli and RoR shouldn't as they're both dependent on getting hit.

Well, I've got a RoR and a loli armor, so I'll go test this out. BBL

#22 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yeah those 3 loli ruri RoR and EPT stack together in heals but because there's so many autocast skills it may not trigger more often.

#23 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Welll they do cast as often, but the same is not for Magic Rabbit hat and Ele Sword.
Actually, you cast way less bolts with Magic Rabbit hat.

Edit: Which is dangerous because a level 1 heal will not make up for the prolonged mob duration's damage.

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#24 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Can you provide some sort of video proof Okii?

Not doubting you but getting hit for half an hour, testing in 10 minute chunks, I never got both to proc while wearing them at the same time. Used Loli Ruri armor and a RoR. Nothing else.

#25 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Can you provide some sort of video proof Okii?

Not doubting you but getting hit for half an hour, testing in 10 minute chunks, I never got both to proc while wearing them at the same time. Used Loli Ruri armor and a RoR. Nothing else.

I sold my RG's gear @_@
All I have the life link and rejuvenating valk shield(which my roommate is using)
can anyone test the necromancer's hood and rune hairband?
I had them but they NEVER proc.
Like, never.

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users