Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

I asked to be a mod. They denied my request. :3

You and Xellie deserve to be mods, actually.
You know enough about the game and it's mechanics and have been around a long time.

Also very helpful and informative as well as witty so idk why not.

#27 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

idk, ask oda

#28 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

idk, ask oda

It's not like the GM's are my best friends just because I'm in this group.

That's like you expect me to be friends with everyone in a class that I'm in at school, and get along really well with the teachers to boot.

#29 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Just out of curiosity what is the work the fungineers have comed out with soo far?Im a bit curious...

Zero Rieu's translations are the best imo

http://forums.warppo...s-translations/

I think he should be promoted.

#30 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Generally, I ignore people with green names unless its

lol...

Oh hey, this was my title promotion post.

Edited by Scuba, 08 November 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#31 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

I don't think any of that was intended to be a personal attack.

There were some good points being shared... Don't turn it into this.

#32 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

that's kind of racist to only impose a fine on the polish. how very german of you.

...you're still allright, are you? o.O
What my dear is racist on the phrase "fine polish"? Do I descriminate not polished items or what?
Srly...

#33 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

You have to realize that most people aren't trolling their ideas. It's because the majority of ideas that they toss up are HORRIBLE.
If you're trying to build an incubation chamber for bad ideas, then you're doing an amazing job. If you're trying to be serious and help the future of the game, I feel that this is the wrong way to approach it.

Have you read the ideas on the Fun-gineer thread?
I bet you haven't looked over them, and you're jumping to conclusions based on ME.
I don't know anything about WoE or PVP, but I do know about Eden Group, PVM, how questing has lost it's flare and is worthless, how suras are the most OP class and they need some compromised changes, turn-ins, a few quests, some of the mechanics of the game, what needs kRO and what doesn't, etc..

You know when I started playing this game?
July 22nd.

I'm a new player, yeah. I'm trying to learn as much as I can because I really do like this game.
I may have spoken out against it but who doesn't at times?
You guys are mostly veteran players but let me tell you something.

IronPlushy may have been a bit obnoxious and didn't know how to word things without being offensive, but at one time she was not like that.
She tried to suggest things and point out flaws in the training grounds and eden group, but people took her ideas and called them game breaking, then told her to go play another game.

You talk about advertising to bring in more players, but it's the community that's pushing them all out.
Just look at what you're doing now to me.

I don't think any of that was intended to be a personal attack.

There were some good points being shared... Don't turn it into this.

I'm trying to clarify that we are not close with the GM's just for being in this group.We're no different than you guys, tbh. A few members ARE close to the GM's, but others are here to just organize the vast list of topics under community chat. Others are here to try to revamp the quest rewards and such. It's not about self promotion and quite frankly, I find that to be a pretty dumb thing to say.
On the forums, you all post your ideas and try your damn best to get your point across to attain supporters so that maybe your idea will be heard.
A fun-gineer does the same and it's suddenly some huge problem.Suddenly, we're the only ones we care about and you guys don't matter anymore.Don't you see how hypocritical and illogical that is?

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#34 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

^ Misrepresentation of RO as a whole. :mellow:

#35 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

I asked to be a mod. They denied my request. :3

I never said no (though I didn't respond because I thought it was an insane Andy Kaufman-esque troll)

#36 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

As soon as they added me to the group because i said. "CAN I BE A FUNGINEEERRR?" I lost all faith that they'll ever accomplish anything useful as a group. Individuals have the same ability to accomplish useful things as usual but as a group it's worthless.

#37 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

You rarely even play. lol. And I've seen you troll quite a bit around here, sir. <3

#38 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

If you think you can do a better job,
join the group.

Simple.

Instead of complaining about existing members (me)
for having my own opinions and not just nodding at everything everyone says...

You guys should join the group and do your part instead of demeaning members based on their posts. We don't all post like angels and we are human too.

I still stand by what I said about ales.
Get over it.

Thank you.

I would rather help and nurture the future of this game by giving guidance and support to new players.
The people that aren't in the group made that choice because they don't agree with the principals or views of it. Would you want to toss your clean clothes in with the dirty ones?

Most of the ideas are something like:

"PRIESTS SHOULD HAVE ANGEL WINGS AND BE ABLE TO TELEPORT TO THE MOVIES WHEN THEY WANT POPCORN"

"I HAVE A BALANCE IDEA SURAS COULD HAVE TO DO A CERTAIN NUMBER OF PUSHUPS WHICH UNLOCKS A QUEST THAT ALLOWS THEM TO TRAIN WITH GOKU AND THROUGH THIS TRAINING THEY DO 50% LESS DMG IN WOE AND TO MVPS"

"OK SO ODIN DRIVES UP IN HIS BRAND NEW MERCEDES AND NEEDS YOU TO ROTATE THE TIRES AND YOU COULD TRAVEL SOMEWHERE TO GET A PRIZE AND MAYBE A CAT PET OF SOME KIND"

Edited by Myzery, 08 November 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#39 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

<-------will be punishing anti fungi posters ITT by giving them fungi tags

#40 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

I pvp all the time, you wouldn't know lamborrrrrrrrrrrrrrrchan

#41 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted Image

#42 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

I'd like a rainbow color name, please.

#43 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

I bet you haven't looked over them, and you're jumping to conclusions based on ME.
I don't know anything about WoE or PVP, but I do know about Eden Group, PVM, how questing has lost it's flare and is worthless, how suras are the most OP class and they need some compromised changes, turn-ins, a few quests, some of the mechanics of the game, what needs kRO and what doesn't, etc..

July 22nd.

I'm a new player, yeah. I'm trying to learn as much as I can because I really do like this game.

IronPlushy may have been a bit obnoxious and didn't know how to word things without being offensive, but at one time she was not like that.
She tried to suggest things and point out flaws in the training grounds and eden group, but people took her ideas and called them game breaking, then told her to go play another game.

You talk about advertising to bring in more players, but it's the community that's pushing them all out.
Just look at what you're doing now to me.

I'm trying to clarify that we are not close with the GM's just for being in this group.We're no different than you guys, tbh. A few members ARE close to the GM's, but others are here to just organize the vast list of topics under community chat. Others are here to try to revamp the quest rewards and such. It's not about self promotion and quite frankly, I find that to be a pretty dumb thing to say.
On the forums, you all post your ideas and try your damn best to get your point across to attain supporters so that maybe your idea will be heard.
A fun-gineer does the same and it's suddenly some huge problem.Suddenly, we're the only ones we care about and you guys don't matter anymore.Don't you see how hypocritical and illogical that is?

I didn't even have you in mind, but thanks for being seemingly insecure. I do read some of the ideas, then I quit and cringe if this is the future of RO.

Edited by Myzery, 08 November 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#44 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Is this the right time to say:

S> Fungineer cool green title 100k WPE?

#45 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

Myzery is killing me at work atm. Come on man you can't post -_- like that I'm DYING

#46 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

"PRIESTS SHOULD HAVE ANGEL WINGS AND BE ABLE TO TELEPORT TO THE MOVIES WHEN THEY WANT POPCORN"

"I HAVE A BALANCE IDEA SURAS COULD HAVE TO DO A CERTAIN NUMBER OF PUSHUPS WHICH UNLOCKS A QUEST THAT ALLOWS THEM TO TRAIN WITH GOKU AND THROUGH THIS TRAINING THEY DO 50% LESS DMG IN WOE AND TO MVPS"

"OK SO ODIN DRIVES UP IN HIS BRAND NEW MERCEDES AND NEEDS YOU TO ROTATE THE TIRES AND YOU COULD TRAVEL SOMEWHERE TO GET A PRIZE AND MAYBE A CAT PET OF SOME KIND"

While we're talking about the sharing of ideas, I'd like to suggest Warp Portal implement a post of the day feature.

And this should be the first one.

#47 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

LOL! +1 for Mercedes idea.

#48 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

I didn't even have you in mind, but thanks for being seemingly insecure. I do read some of the ideas, then I quit and cringe if this is the future of RO.

So dramatic /facepalm

Go read through the fungi thread and tell me what's gonna mess up the entire game.
Go read the suggestions and proposals list the NoxiousOrchid worked so hard on and then tell me if you'd sit at your computer for 5 hours to do the same.

Go look at CJ's quest sequel and how much detail is in that.
I'm not sitting around saying "Oh, I like so-and-so's idea so I'm only going to support that"
If a post has good points and people to back up the OP, I take the link, categorize it, and put it on the fungi thread suggestions and proposals list.

Ugh... I'm not gonna kiss your asses guys, I'm really not.
You can talk down to me all you want but I'm not going to stop doing what I think is right.

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#49 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Do it, but without the title. That's what people want.

#50 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

July 22nd.

Sure you can make quest lines I guess.

But as you said you are a new player and you are still learning the basics. You are not suited to give advice in probably any area of this game from the responses I have seen from you. I assume that most new players when they come to these forums the first people they will probably ask advice from are the Fun-engineers and 90% of them are not suited to give it. Even the 10% that are suited to give advice to new players should not give advice to the GM team about balance/issues because they themselves aren't even suited for end game / woe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users