TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

Well, no wonder im confused!! entered b2 and clicked on EVERY monster name. Imagine my suprize when i saw that the B2 summon statues are now called ANT DEVIL, and the ankle biter mobs that come out of them are now called POMIC GHOST!!

ROFL!!! but still havent found a cursed pomic in there..... and the compendium, tho says that they are in B2, does not show a map location there for that monster.

only our beloved devs would put a highly sought after drop onto a monster that simply doesnt exist or is not in game! :mellow:

#103 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Corrected an error in the patch notes

Cursed Pomic = Moon Pastor Laguz

#104 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

how can it be that EVERYTHING is bugged?

i mean iv expected some bugged, but no jewelery set is working correctly...

did the trainee develop this and noone tested it?
whats going wrong here...

#105 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

how can it be that EVERYTHING is bugged?

i mean iv expected some bugged, but no jewelery set is working correctly...

did the trainee develop this and noone tested it?
whats going wrong here...

Care to explain "everything".

I saw your post and I will look at it more, but everything is surely not broken. There maybe some bugs, and feel to report them but if your just hear to name call then I will leave you be.

#106 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

it seems, the set bonus is displayed like that:

lava set: has 15% on ap for each piece

that makes 6,75 * 3 = 20,25 = 21 (what is displayed)

ok but seriously: why u dont just say like 7 ap per piece and say 15%?
is it cooler to say it gives 15%?

why % if the base stat never change????

#107 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

I dont believe the set bonus for the Luxury Ruby set, or the Nature Set are being applied

#108 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

@Tank, sorry it was easier to show them as the % to indicate that the bonuses are standard and not arbitrary.

@Sathanas I am looking at those items right now infact.

#109 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

Without the bugs, this patch is very good. Alongside the new backitems, they look good.

#110 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

Is there a reason why the points awarded BY UNION and BY Quest, are NOT comparable or equal, by union? Assuming it has to do with the level of toon vs. amount of work to complete, tho i could be wrong. If i take, for example the once per 12 hr quest, from each union, on a level 45 nooblet, shouldnt the reward be the same per union? Just my thought on that.

Also, having a level restriction on Valor quests, means i either have to level a toon to a certain level, and keep it there, for the sole purpose of farming the quest repeatedly, OR, have to pay for multiple UW Bonus skills, Neither are a pleasant option for me. :) ;)

Is there any chance, beloved devs (yep im gona suck up on this one :) ) that you would consider a VALOR Point Exchange for those items that are actually IN the valor shop? for example, I've farmed 2xx denim, can i exchange that for VALOR points? even at a reduced amount, at the valor shop? So that way, since denim is useless for crafting, only needed for leveling my clan, I can exchange it for, say, Transparent Leather??? Or, more to the point, the ((GRRR) Engine Schematics, which were transformed into 1st engine schematics, Could, for example (i dont know actual point values atm) IF a 1st engine schematic can be PURCHASED for 100 pts (example) a 2nd engine for 150 pts, and the dural for 200 pts, But could be SOLD to the VALOR npc at , a reduced amount, such as, 1st engine, 80 pts, 2nd engine at 125 pts and dural at 160 pts, then, we could "sell' say, 100 1st engine schematics to the Valor NPC at 80 x 100 = 8000 valor points, then use those points to purchase 40 Dural Engine schematics . At least, in this way, we would have a valor currency, and also, not have a storage full of useless 1st engine schematics, (since milduin sells the 1st engines). Just a thought, but i KNOW a LOT of in game artisans who would absolutely LOVE this idea!!!.

The Union designation is now just a visual marker to aid in the storyline nothing more. Several weeks ago we opened up all Union quests to anyone who is in any Union. So now, if you feel a particular Union is offering a better, more fun or more rewarding quest, you may chose to do those quests, regardless of the Union you are in. And yes, the points are now based on several factors, including time it takes to complete and monster involved (if any). Of course, this is a new change for us, so any and all feedback regarding these changes is greatly appreciated.

The level restriction is simply in regards to obtaining the highest possible points (the sweet spot, if you will) for those quests. Technically, you may participate in and complete any and all Union quests, regardless of level, provided one simple restriction and that is, that you are in a Union. If you are above the intended level range, you will simply receive less (basically 50%) points. Think of this much like the leveling system, if you fight Yellow or stronger mobs, you'll receive full EXP, but the moment you start fighting light blue or grey monsters, you'll receive considerably less

I personally think being able to exchange materials for Valor points is a reasonable idea, and will pass along this request to the Development Team and see where we might be able to go with this idea (with additional feedback from the Community Senate, and community as a whole, of course).

That leads me to my last statement, when you have ideas such as the material conversion to Valor points, I would suggest you (anyone) seek out a member of the Community Senate and run the idea by them and let them bring it to our attention.

#111 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:22 AM

Fun to read and an interesting update! (Not enough for me to play though :))

#112 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

And yes, the points are now based on several factors, including time it takes to complete and monster involved (if any). Of course, this is a new change for us, so any and all feedback regarding these changes is greatly appreciated.

Well you haven't thought that out very thoroughly...

Something I've found stupid since iROSE and which is now even more stupid:

- RC quest "Moldie's Strange Behavior": you have to kill 30 Moldies.
- Aru quest "Coal Mine Moldies under Arumic Watch": you have to get 12 Moldie Eyelashes by killing Coal Mine Moldies.

You did it the lazy way and thought "30 > 12 so the quest with 30 should reward more"
That's totally wrong because :
1- This Aru quest requires you to get 12 Eyelashes but the drop rate is 30% (according to the compendium) so actually you'll have to kill AT LEAST 36 Coal Mine Moldies, which is more than what is required for the RC quest (where you only have to kill Moldies without trying to get an item, so everytime you kill a Moldie you get the proof of monster extermination ie. 100% drop rate ie. exactly 30 monsters to kill).
2- Coal Mine Moldies belong to the Guard type, so they are harder / take more time to kill than Moldies which belong to the basic/normal type

So the Aru quest is actually harder / takes more time to complete than the RC quest.
In the past, the RC quest used to give the same reward as the Aru quest and this was already stupid, and now the RC quest gives MORE than the Aru quest so it's even more stupid lol

And that's just one example, I'm sure we could find many things wrong if we looked into the other quests in detail

Edited by Niluje, 09 November 2011 - 07:52 AM.

#113 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Well you haven't thought that out very thoroughly...

Something I've found stupid since iROSE and which is now even more stupid:

- RC quest "Moldie's Strange Behavior": you have to kill 30 Moldies.
- Aru quest "Coal Mine Moldies under Arumic Watch": you have to get 12 Moldie Eyelashes by killing Coal Mine Moldies.

You did it the lazy way and thought "30 > 12 so the quest with 30 should reward more"
That's totally wrong because :
1- This Aru quest requires you to get 12 Eyelashes but the drop rate is 30% (according to the compendium) so actually you'll have to kill AT LEAST 36 Coal Mine Moldies, which is more than what is required for the RC quest (where you only have to kill Moldies without trying to get an item, so everytime you kill a Moldie you get the proof of monster extermination ie. 100% drop rate ie. exactly 30 monsters to kill).
2- Coal Mine Moldies belong to the Guard type, so they are harder / take more time to kill than Moldies which belong to the basic/normal type

So the Aru quest is actually harder / takes more time to complete than the RC quest.
In the past, the RC quest used to give the same reward as the Aru quest and this was already stupid, and now the RC quest gives MORE than the Aru quest so it's even more stupid lol

And that's just one example, I'm sure we could find many things wrong if we looked into the other quests in detail

We've revamped the Valor point system to work off of a new formula to determine the point values. Most notably it takes Monsters Expected to kill into consideration.

For your example, you are slightly off in your values. Here are the actual values for that example:
Moldie's Strange Behavior, requires you to defeat 30 Moldies at a 100% chance of proof, thus 30 Monsters expected to kill.
Cola Mine Moldies..., requires you to collect 12 Eyelashes at a 48% chance of proof, thus 19 Monsters expected to kill.

Of course the formula vs actual game play may vary +/- 2-3 Monsters when dealing with a % chance such as 48%, but still lower than the 30 Monsters you must kill for certain in the Moldie's Strange Behavior.

This is a new system change and we're certainly open to community feedback and I'd like to help if there is any confusion regarding the point values that have been assigned.

This is just one example, but all of the Valor quests have now had their points assigned based on this new formula. Community feedback, after some game time, regarding these quests and their point values will be appreciated.

#114 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Thank you for your answer, I suppose the numbers in the Compendium were not updated yet
It looks more logical with these numbers indeed

#115 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

Thank you for your answer, I suppose the numbers in the Compendium were not updated yet
It looks more logical with these numbers indeed

I'll see about getting the Compendium updated to avoid any confusion.

If you (or any) happen to go through these quests, please feel free to let us know your thoughts!

#116 irvind

irvind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Why assassin set give 78 crit in game? Or it's my patch error?

#117 OneKrackedMom

OneKrackedMom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA Go Blue!!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

The Union designation is now just a visual marker to aid in the storyline nothing more. Several weeks ago we opened up all Union quests to anyone who is in any Union. So now, if you feel a particular Union is offering a better, more fun or more rewarding quest, you may chose to do those quests, regardless of the Union you are in. And yes, the points are now based on several factors, including time it takes to complete and monster involved (if any). Of course, this is a new change for us, so any and all feedback regarding these changes is greatly appreciated.

The level restriction is simply in regards to obtaining the highest possible points (the sweet spot, if you will) for those quests. Technically, you may participate in and complete any and all Union quests, regardless of level, provided one simple restriction and that is, that you are in a Union. If you are above the intended level range, you will simply receive less (basically 50%) points. Think of this much like the leveling system, if you fight Yellow or stronger mobs, you'll receive full EXP, but the moment you start fighting light blue or grey monsters, you'll receive considerably less

I personally think being able to exchange materials for Valor points is a reasonable idea, and will pass along this request to the Development Team and see where we might be able to go with this idea (with additional feedback from the Community Senate, and community as a whole, of course).

That leads me to my last statement, when you have ideas such as the material conversion to Valor points, I would suggest you (anyone) seek out a member of the Community Senate and run the idea by them and let them bring it to our attention.

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but I like to do the union quests in Xita and I usually go and get all the quests I can and then run off and do them all. When you say that time is a factor, does that mean it takes the time it actually takes you to do each quest or is that the time from when I got it until when I turn it in? Do I have to run back after each quest I do and turn them in to get the max points or can I continue to run through all the quests I have to get the max rewards?

Oops, I replied to the wrong one, but still want to know about the time thing.

Edited by OneKrackedMom, 09 November 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#118 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but I like to do the union quests in Xita and I usually go and get all the quests I can and then run off and do them all. When you say that time is a factor, does that mean it takes the time it actually takes you to do each quest or is that the time from when I got it until when I turn it in? Do I have to run back after each quest I do and turn them in to get the max points or can I continue to run through all the quests I have to get the max rewards?

Oops, I replied to the wrong one, but still want to know about the time thing.

The Valor points you receive from completing the quests are static, meaning they do not change/fluctuate. What I meant, was when coming up with the points for each quest, we took into consideration the time it took to complete (on average), with the monsters expected to kill and level. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

#119 Noone1981

Noone1981

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

I've just been grinding with my lv 163 artisan at mummy kings(green) and mammy queens(yellow).(no buffs)

killed around 15-20 of them. Sometimes nothing, some Lisent AI and 2 legendary weapons. Kinda sucky drops for king creatures. Would be nice to get atleast 2 items after all the trouble you need to do, to kill them. Need to eat food the whole...(wearing legendary[7] gear)

No jewelery dropped.

Also the long respawn time is a pain...

So I was wondering, what is a rare drop? Which drop % for jewelery?

Edited by Noone1981, 09 November 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#120 OneKrackedMom

OneKrackedMom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA Go Blue!!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

The Valor points you receive from completing the quests are static, meaning they do not change/fluctuate. What I meant, was when coming up with the points for each quest, we took into consideration the time it took to complete (on average), with the monsters expected to kill and level. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

Thank you Zep.

#121 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

There is 1 thing I don't like about this.

Why do they have to be "Epic" ? I see nothing epic in them. If you must consider them epic, at least make them drop from multiple kings. There's gonna be 2 or 3 super packed kings and the rest will be ignored.

I suggest to change their drop rate and make it equal Medallions' drop rate. That way you can keep them assigned to 1 King only, even if I still disagree.

Plus, with the increased respawn rates of kings, it's a pain in the ass. At this rate a Medal of Fortune will end after 1-2 kings only, no thanks.

#122 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

thanks calanor! now, considering where these bosses are in relation to the jewelery drops -- i.e., you have to be in MC summons rooms to go to attack the kings to obtain the jewelery, how about returning SOME EXP to the MC summons, AND drops (pinewood a map drop plz, and ice shards too!!!!!) Considerinig how badly they aggro, thus attack our dura, thus require repairs, wouldnt it be nice if we got SOMETHING out of being in the same room with hundreds of mobs attacking us at once?? Not to mention there's no way i could of survived being in there if i hadnt been exploring on a lvl 210+. Need a huge party to live in there, but it provides, still, absolutely NO benefit of being in the room, or wasting our time killing mobs, dying freequently etc. Also, the spawn time on that king, and all these kings is WAY too short.

#123 irvind

irvind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I've just been grinding with my lv 163 artisan at mummy kings(green) and mammy queens(yellow).(no buffs)

killed around 15-20 of them. Sometimes nothing, some Lisent AI and 2 legendary weapons. Kinda sucky drops for king creatures. Would be nice to get atleast 2 items after all the trouble you need to do, to kill them. Need to eat food the whole...(wearing legendary[7] gear)

No jewelery dropped.

Also the long respawn time is a pain...

So I was wondering, what is a rare drop? Which drop % for jewelery?

Looks like they can't fix the drop table problem yet. The server is up for 24 hours but I can't find any magical/dead shot jewel in junon market, I only can see magical necklace and dead shot ring which bought from luna NPC before patch 365.

#124 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

thanks calanor! now, considering where these bosses are in relation to the jewelery drops -- i.e., you have to be in MC summons rooms to go to attack the kings to obtain the jewelery, how about returning SOME EXP to the MC summons, AND drops (pinewood a map drop plz, and ice shards too!!!!!) Considerinig how badly they aggro, thus attack our dura, thus require repairs, wouldnt it be nice if we got SOMETHING out of being in the same room with hundreds of mobs attacking us at once?? Not to mention there's no way i could of survived being in there if i hadnt been exploring on a lvl 210+. Need a huge party to live in there, but it provides, still, absolutely NO benefit of being in the room, or wasting our time killing mobs, dying freequently etc. Also, the spawn time on that king, and all these kings is WAY too short.

I will take a look at this and see if something needs to be done here. Thanks for the feedback.

Spawn time is too short or long?

#125 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

I will take a look at this and see if something needs to be done here. Thanks for the feedback.

Spawn time is too short or long?

30 min is bearable with. Anything longer is just not worth the effort, 45 or 60 are damn boring, 70 I can't even imagine how frustrating it has to be.

Read my post, either 30 with 1 king only and drop "rarity" lowered to the same level of Medallions, or keep these rates but let more kings drop the same sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users