Maintenance 11/8/2011 - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 11/8/2011

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#76 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

still yet trying to find out what is the use of a sura in woe now...

brb potting 30 blue pots to do a fist

#77 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

S> Fresh ales!

I love it. Now I actually have an excuse to sell small numbers of ales at a time instead of needing to save them up for bulk. Not being able to put them in a cart is a pain, but something I can deal with I guess.

#78 lrresponsible

lrresponsible

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Good luck selling them now that the GMs have turned them to crap...

#79 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

I don't know why the hell now some people wants to blame us for every change in the game which does not favour themselves.

So I will ignore it, and talk about the maintenance as always.

Spooky Machine. Rest in peace. Thank you for the sweet moments, and thank you for stressing giving me Yggdrasil Seeds so I can forget about ales. <3

Also, what will happen with the Witch Pumpkin Hat sets? Which ones will continue, which ones will be removed, and so on.? I wish all the sets could continue though... I love Pumpkin Pies <3

Also about the EMBs:

Was not easier to double only the cost to summon? I think if a person could find a MVP on the field, I believe he/she deserves getting more than one badge.

#80 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

I wonder if its possible to change the icon for reset stones as they appear in player shops since I keep seeing a lot of people trying to scam with dark crystal fragments.

Also can the +10 foods become tradeable, or is there some specific reason they aren't?

Edited by tascomoo, 08 November 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#81 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

let's try to pot storm blast/gates of hell/knuckle arrow/exceed break/instant cast hell plants thrown at u/ more skill don't need to name anymore with SLIMS HOORAY

#82 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

I'd also like this misplace flamatory language towards the mods and fungi's to stop. Neither one had any say in what went into this patch, so nothing left to chew on about them so move back on topic please.

I don't know why the hell now some people wants to blame us for every change in the game which does not favour themselves.

That's bad yea, but:
They are not so much directly trying to blame the mods/fungis.
There's just no other explanation for these completly random changes posted by Heimdallr, after he already stated himself that a cooldown is useless. The 20 page suggestion thread also became pointless.

Some people still have faith in the GMs listening to people and stuff, just give them a bit more time to realize nobody in the community, not even the Fungineers or moderators, have any say in decisions that matter.

:mellow:

#83 Fungineer

Fungineer

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Short week for us due to the Veterans Day Holiday on the Auspicious 11/11/11. But we got fun stuff (and likely some controversial stuff for you)

• Halloween Event : Ecto Exterminators Ends
  • Halloween Event : Queen of the Dead Ends
  • Halloween Spooky Machine : Ends
  • Sale of Halloween Spooky Pack/Crate ends
  • Sale of Witch's Pumpkin Hat : Ends
  • Sale of Gozarian Mask : Ends
  • HE Bubble Gum Sale starts up for 1 week
  • Green Ale will be removed from Carts.
  • Green Ale will gain a cooldown time of 10 seconds for reuse.
  • HE Bubble Gum and HE BM and BM X3 will gain a 1 minute cooldown (to prevent accidentally using too many)
  • Dracula will only resummon mob when 2 or less Bats remain. This is so people actually trying to kill Drac can kill off the mob to a fleeable point, mob HP remains supercharged.
  • Looking at the seals issue on Ymir, we may have to move some maps to get it working as intended, many maps may be shuffled around this maintenance to optimize.
  • New Turnins (we'll post which ones soon)
  • Eden Merit Badge redemption becomes more expensive, Gramps will double his payout for VIP.
  • 2 = 10x "KVM Badge"
    2 = 10x "Bravery"
    2 = 10x "Valor"
    5 = 5x "Medium Life Potion"
    5 = 5x "Life Insurance"
    5 = 5x "Token Of Siegfried"
    7 = 1x "Job Battle Manual"
    8 = 1x "Reset Stone"
  • We are working on a couple other things but our test servers are not in a happy mood right now making maintenance a bit more of a pain in the butt this week than normal. We will not be able to update the Costume system/catalogues and gravestone markers this week due to the VIP issue with the new build (which is being tested on Sakray).

The reason for the Eden Merit Badge price update is I can't lower the payout below 1 (for math reasons) and I need a lower denominator to divide in, some MVPs would be dropping like 2-3 EBM worth of stuff but only cost 2 to resummon, creating inflation. We want to add more things into the Eden merit badge cycle but we need to be able to have the minimum EBM price lower a bit.

Green Ale Change: The reuse timer is likely going to happen with 14.1 anyway, so this is the most humane way I can think of to not make them account bound or change their healing rate. Just a warning though, next St Pats the Green Ales will degenerate as they "get stale" so in March/April they will be 50% heal, and every month after they go down 10% until they are 0% value when they will deleted. We will do a couple "green ale" seasons a year where they are refreshed. St pats hat will work best during those seasons.

HEIMPAPA, I AGREE I LOVE DIS ITZ WORKING AS INTENDED

U other player stop qqing. I like nerf green ale. Nerf u all. I get strong. I no green ale. Use my non-trans RG to kill u HAAH I LIKE

Plz have 2x exp event now. I only lv 101. I like be fungineer

#84 Fungineer

Fungineer

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Btw, where I can get novice red pot? I no zeny. plz help

#85 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

need to have votes for community to remove some fungineers as a few are just bad seeds and not contributing.

#86 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

actually all these changes suck, except for the 10s cooldown on ales.

Non-VIP's are impractical for MVPing now. It's not like they already had to use a reset stone to get in (oh wait, yes they did!) and said reset stone now costs 4 turnins (4 days) worth of merit badges?

As for ales, the whole decay over time thing is going to make them useless to farm later on in the year, especially if they still retain their cooldown timer. I guarantee that if you remove the cooldown when ales heal 10% of people's life, they are going to be spammed and used up incredibly fast.

Sucky update is suck and full of suck. And you don't hear me complaining about this game often.

#87 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Wow. Please try to WoE or watch WoE on a large scale to see if this is really a good thing. You just made the castles of every decent number guilds with one or two hit kill skills unbreakable or lower the chance more if they try to defend. I WoE overweight. That means more blue pots to burn while trying to get my hp up with slims that heal very low against good damage. Ales are the answer to OP skills. Now its more frustration in WoE. Thanks Heim.

#88 raxzi

raxzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Valkryie

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

oh no...i trade my HD ore for ales...
i think this week boring

#89 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

So this is what 2012 feels like tsk tsk.

#90 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

he prob listened to a fungineer :mellow:

Fun-gineers didnt think of a cooldown @_@

#91 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

all of luckywhiterabbit posts are just constantly annoying please stop posting non sense crap.

#92 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

7+million of ales on the servers, maximum number of ales i can spam if i continuously do it for a whole day : 8640 :mellow:

810 days of continuous spamming of ales... hell we only have like 150~200 days ish before the ales start "rotting" in their heal value, WORST patch ever...

even though i don't have that many ales it still hurts for the majority since after all the proposed weight/account binding changes u guys suddenly scrap that and slap this a few hrs before maint...

#93 YouLie

YouLie

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

okii = lazarus?

#94 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

those anyone have in mind that there is a BALANCE patch coming? you wont need to spam ales when storm blast damage gets halfed, fixed the exced break bugg, hells plant damage reduced, thorn trap damage reduced and wont trigger constant damage on woe, dragons breath being reduced by elemental resistance and racial gears etc ETC ETC..........

#95 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

you guys cant pot and then ale? you guys cant even woe with no ales? wth?

Everyone depends on them, Mefisto.
They say they'll be 1-shot and die and not stand a chance against another guild.
Isn't that funny?
XD

okii = lazarus?

Okii=Okii
o:

need to have votes for community to remove some fungineers as a few are just bad seeds and not contributing.

Agreed. Y'know, some of them aren't posting at all and have contributed nothing.Hmm...Then there are some that don't pat everyone on the back and tell them that their ideas are golden and they are perfect in every way and give them cupcakes as a treat.

Edited by Okii, 08 November 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#96 raxzi

raxzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Valkryie

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Short week for us due to the Veterans Day Holiday on the Auspicious 11/11/11. But we got fun stuff (and likely some controversial stuff for you)

• Halloween Event : Ecto Exterminators Ends
  • Halloween Event : Queen of the Dead Ends
  • Halloween Spooky Machine : Ends
  • Sale of Halloween Spooky Pack/Crate ends
  • Sale of Witch's Pumpkin Hat : Ends
  • Sale of Gozarian Mask : Ends
  • HE Bubble Gum Sale starts up for 1 week
  • Green Ale will be removed from Carts.
  • Green Ale will gain a cooldown time of 10 seconds for reuse.
  • HE Bubble Gum and HE BM and BM X3 will gain a 1 minute cooldown (to prevent accidentally using too many)
  • Dracula will only resummon mob when 2 or less Bats remain. This is so people actually trying to kill Drac can kill off the mob to a fleeable point, mob HP remains supercharged.
  • Looking at the seals issue on Ymir, we may have to move some maps to get it working as intended, many maps may be shuffled around this maintenance to optimize.
  • New Turnins (we'll post which ones soon)
  • Eden Merit Badge redemption becomes more expensive, Gramps will double his payout for VIP.
  • 2 = 10x "KVM Badge"
    2 = 10x "Bravery"
    2 = 10x "Valor"
    5 = 5x "Medium Life Potion"
    5 = 5x "Life Insurance"
    5 = 5x "Token Of Siegfried"
    7 = 1x "Job Battle Manual"
    8 = 1x "Reset Stone"
  • We are working on a couple other things but our test servers are not in a happy mood right now making maintenance a bit more of a pain in the butt this week than normal. We will not be able to update the Costume system/catalogues and gravestone markers this week due to the VIP issue with the new build (which is being tested on Sakray).

The reason for the Eden Merit Badge price update is I can't lower the payout below 1 (for math reasons) and I need a lower denominator to divide in, some MVPs would be dropping like 2-3 EBM worth of stuff but only cost 2 to resummon, creating inflation. We want to add more things into the Eden merit badge cycle but we need to be able to have the minimum EBM price lower a bit.

Green Ale Change: The reuse timer is likely going to happen with 14.1 anyway, so this is the most humane way I can think of to not make them account bound or change their healing rate. Just a warning though, next St Pats the Green Ales will degenerate as they "get stale" so in March/April they will be 50% heal, and every month after they go down 10% until they are 0% value when they will deleted. We will do a couple "green ale" seasons a year where they are refreshed. St pats hat will work best during those seasons.

what mvp could drop ike 2-3 EMB...

#97 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

For all i care about ales you could even up to 20 sec, never did use, too expensive.

But the merit badges increased reeeeally sux...
Would be better if you double or triplicate the Summoner thingie >.>

#98 Zilla

Zilla

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Fun-gineers didnt think of a cooldown @_@

You should just stop posting. Your posts in the Ale thread are mind-bogglingly stupid. You know-_- all about this game.

How about next maint we change the name of Fun-gineers. How about Engiq ueers? Or maybe we can follow the design/construction path a bit further, Carpen-tards? Seriously though, the community should vote these guys in and vote the spuds out.

#99 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

I dont understand as to why you would rather screw over your playerbase more than the bots themselves. When this server closes down because only bots are playing, you only have yourselves to blame for not listening to the community.

#100 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

You should just stop posting. Your posts in the Ale thread are mind-bogglingly stupid. You know-_- all about this game.

How about next maint we change the name of Fun-gineers. How about Engiq ueers? Or maybe we can follow the design/construction path a bit further, Carpen-tards? Seriously though, the community should vote these guys in and vote the spuds out.

Posts like that get a topic closed...
Anyways, I may not know much about PVP/WoE, but that's not all that RO is about /ok
And none of us were listened to about ales so you can stop ranting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users