Maintenance 11/8/2011 - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 11/8/2011

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#101 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

Considering RO is a game somewhat famous for it's lag and ping problems, GM's need to consider that not all of us can spam healing potions as fast as intended. Me for example. I frequently find myself dying to lesser mobs because I suddenly can only pot 3 ice creams per second. I have quite a powerful computer and it hasn't helped at all. It is incredibly frustrating.

Ales are also attractive to players because you use them more tactically and don't have to be constantly hammering on keys and praying that your ping will be merciful.

#102 Thursday

Thursday

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

-St. Patrick's being account bound
-making Green Ales account bound
-less farming maps

should be enough to prevent and reduce ales from the server, but making it 10secs cooldown is overkill and will going to upset many players.

#103 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

what mvp could drop ike 2-3 EMB...

He's referring to Hatii (Garm). Probably why they removed one of the items he dropped from the equipments list.

EMB From hatii
  • Ice Falchion
  • Katar of Frozen Icicle
  • Hatii Claw [1]
  • Fang of Hatii

What they don't realize is that you have to be extremely lucky to get more than one of them per kill, considering they're under 5% drop rates (with the exception of the fangs).

#104 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Well, either way it makes sense. Ales weigh way less than yggs, so +cooldown, to be fair (although 10 is a bit steep, the ale users would definitely have preferred 2 second). If ales were made to have ygg seed weight, then it'd be the same qualities.
I'm looking forward to saturday woe :3

^ +1

#105 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

But the cooldown was bound to happen regardless since it was suppose to be implemented along with balance patch...

Then again, at least a notification before hand would've be your best course of action...

#106 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Question: will all ales 'go stale' at the same time, or will it be based on the individual ale's creation? Because if it's the latter, that could get confusing very fast with players trying to scam other players by selling state ales as 'fresh'. And how will they deal with being stacked? I'm going to assume it's the former.

How about the cooldown timer on them is decreased as they go stale too? So by the end of the year they are basically korean rice cakes with a chance of making you dizzy?

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 08 November 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#107 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

im guessing it will be on a just the monthly timer, since it would be easier to keep up with.

#108 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Wow. Did this just suddenly become Maplestory? o_0 This Ale change is just..wow..and not in a good way. :mellow:

Edited by Trixdee, 08 November 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#109 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hm, good point.

I guess that's not really so bad. It just means that I'll stop using the ale hat certain times of the year and default the garuda or christmas tree instead...until they decide to ruin those hats too. Doesn't come with the same role-playing satisfaction, but eh, that's not really so important.

#110 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Exactly, it will just be a monthly thing or so and then the ales will be helpful the most at first then run down.

#111 gravitysucks

gravitysucks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hm, good point.

I guess that's not really so bad. It just means that I'll stop using the ale hat certain times of the year and default the garuda or christmas tree instead...until they decide to ruin those hats too. Doesn't come with the same role-playing satisfaction, but eh, that's not really so important.

Why do you have to suck up to the GMs all the time?

That makes the hat worthless, and is pretty unfair to those of us who use it legitimately. Some of us spent a lot of zeny and rl money to buy or upgrade those hats for what they are worth now.

Edited by gravitysucks, 08 November 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#112 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

increase green ale drop rate pls?

#113 Periphery

Periphery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBurnaby/Surrey BC

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Learn to WoE without green ales, WoE isn't supposed to be played with 2 button full heal.
Sure the potions like slims could use some buffing but this was bound to happen to ales.

#114 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

i REALLY want the spooky machine...... what if instead of daily turns, becomes weekly? PLEASEEEEEEE :mellow: :( :wacko:

#115 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Why do you have to suck up to the GMs all the time?

How is that sucking up to the GM's? I'm COMPLAINING about the way they've treated this hat. I was agreeing with the poster above me.

If we must deal with this retarded 'stale-ing' of ales, I'll just have no choice but to enjoy my other farming gear, which is a big part of making grinding tolerable for me.

As a student of game design myself, I try not to complain too much about what the GM's do, because balancing a game and a community is hard work and not as easy as the players ever can imagine. I also understand (unlike a lot of people) that this game ultimately goes by whatever KRO wants, and some sacrifice is necessary to make sure that iRO still complies with their vision of how the game should be played (which is fair and good. They are the developers and it is a Korean rpg) But even in this instance I think they've done a pretty awful job here concerning how they're treating ales. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 08 November 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#116 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

How about everyone lay off each other.

Stop having pissing competitions.

If you want to make a point, make it.
If you want to rebuke against someone, say what you think, explain your side.
Repeat.

Stop trying to make things so personal

Edited by Mayhem, 08 November 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#117 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

I will miss the Spooky Machine. That thing had a cute sprite.

#118 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Also about the EMBs:Was not easier to double only the cost to summon? I think if a person could find a MVP on the field, I believe he/she deserves getting more than one badge.

For all i care about ales you could even up to 20 sec, never did use, too expensive.But the merit badges increased reeeeally sux...Would be better if you double or triplicate the Summoner thingie >.>

:mellow:

#119 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

RIP my poor spooky machine full of stale foods......that I eat anyways.

#120 Periphery

Periphery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

How is that sucking up to the GM's? I'm COMPLAINING about the way they've treated this hat. I was agreeing with the poster above me.

If we must deal with this retarded 'stale-ing' of ales, I'll just have no choice but to enjoy my other farming gear, which is a big part of making grinding tolerable for me.

As a student of game design myself, I try not to complain too much about what the GM's do, because balancing a game and a community is hard work and not as easy as the players ever can imagine. I also understand (unlike a lot of people) that this game ultimately goes by whatever KRO wants, and some sacrifice is necessary to make sure that iRO still complies with their vision of how the game should be played (which is fair and good. They are the developers and it is a Korean rpg) But even in this instance I think they've done a pretty awful job here concerning how they're treating ales. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

How does it not make sense? Ales were the stupidest thing ever introduced to the WoE scene.
In a WoE you're supposed to pot thus making woe intense instead of tapping a button twice
and OMG MAX HP. Bots thrived on ales as well until recently. Ales=fail.

#121 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

if we dont have spooky machine can we have non-spooky machine instead?

#122 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

The Ales are going to continually get tweaked each week, as making a change all at once would be too big an adjustment.

If we can get the ale count to go down to acceptable levels then we may not have to make them account bound or weight up. Next week I do expect us to put in a trader for a # of Green Ales to get a Yggdrasil Seed.

About adjusting pot healing rate, 14.1 will drastically change how healing damage works, any change I make right now will get undone, creating a double patch for them which is only going to add confusion to an already convoluted scenario.
Green Ale change is going to not be popular no matter what we do, but we are trying to make the changes in stages so it doesn't hurt as much. Advice is to consume the Green Ales.

About Merry Badger, it was expressed that her offerings can be changed at any time, up to and including not offering any of those items and changing to different ones, she is supposed to be different week to week by design. So if there is something you like get it immediately rather than waiting. That is part of her design. So us giving pre notice is us trying to give you time to get a better deal out of it. Eden merit badges aren't worth what they need to be when compared to what they give out in price wise. The value can and likely will be updated as time goes on. The advantage I'm trying to make right now is we can in theory add more items to the turnin now that wouldn't work on the prior values. I want more gear to be possible to give EBMs, they can't do that effectively at the old price structure, eg Chain Mail [1] = 1/4 of a Reset Stone.

More healing item solutions will exist come 14.1 which is hopefully happening in the next few weeks.

#123 Periphery

Periphery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

The only healing item solution we need is quite simple and I'm sure you guys can get it done. (Increase slim healing rate)

#124 Thursday

Thursday

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

I hope the healing items are not affected by KPs.

#125 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

if we dont have spooky machine can we have non-spooky machine instead?

Turkey Machine ....it's thanksgiving in a few weeks right? :mellow:

anyway...CoD MW3 time!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users