248 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

This week we are introducing as an event an NPC that will use Enriched Ore as HD ore and use the "enhanced rate" for upgrading rather than normal rate.

This is a short event to see if it helps people get to +9 (don't use it for +10 as it isn't better than the HD).

Purpose is to see if we can lower the frustration with the upgrading while not completely killing off the business side of things. I'll be honest upgrading is a major game mechanic for economy as well as our game support.

If you all like it, and want it to be improved a bit more we will work on Mighty hammer to improve him.

What I "think" we would do is give an option when he is upgrading to "enhance with Enriched" while you are going back and forth with the HD Ore. (or come up with a token where you trade in 1 HD + 1 Enriched to get the token).

Hammer wouldn't allow you to use Enriched unless it helped; eg armor drops to +3, won't allow enriched to be used since it is 100% chance to go back to +4.
if using both to upgrade zeny cost would be 0.

The big thing I want to happen with it is on the +9 -> 10 and the 10+ upgrades. Right now the "enriched" chance doesn't help enough to warrant the extra cost, but what I want to do is when doing Enriched it does a "double attempt" before degrading, So it would almost be a double current rate on those.

I'm also looking at the cost of the various stones, I'm hoping to keep upgrading at its current cost or lower so the upgrading value has to improve enough to balance that out.

#2 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

i think the last thing we need right now is more higher upgraded kvm weapons

#3 rawsteak

rawsteak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

And just when i thought i should slow down on wpe.. oh god.

Edited by rawsteak, 08 November 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Supposedly everyone has +9 KVM gear though, so this is an opportunity to possibly make the other stuff to 9 from 7. The current event won't help with +10 and higher stuff.

#5 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Goes perfectly with the lack of ales now!

#6 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

i think the last thing we need right now is more higher upgraded kvm weapons

KVM weapons will soon be a thing of the past

I think upgrading has always been a nightmare, but i do agree with heim that players are getting a little frustrated with mighty hammer when they spend money and end up losing upgrades

i was never a fan of safe upgrade but with better refine rates the gap will be bridge and i think overall enjoyment will increase

#7 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

it doesnt help, but it does helps ppl to get to +9 more easily which is more chance to try +10 imo.

#8 mikibong

mikibong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

make the bonuses for kvm +14 instead, that would piss a lot of people off> (ehem ...GX...)

#9 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

The current event won't help with +10 and higher stuff.

Aw. Still need that +14 Elvens Bow =(

#10 mikibong

mikibong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

KVM weapons will soon be a thing of the past

I think upgrading has always been a nightmare, but i do agree with heim that players are getting a little frustrated with mighty hammer when they spend money and end up losing upgrades

i was never a fan of safe upgrade but with better refine rates the gap will be bridge and i think overall enjoyment will increase

I doubt KVM weps, especially for GXs will become obsolete (unless they nerf it *hum*).

#11 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Anyone hear that flushing sound? It's Heim$ pushing this game ever further down the toilet.

#12 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Anyone hear that flushing sound? It's Heim$ pushing this game ever further down the toilet.

Upgrade limit is +20
Are you butt hurt cause ill be walking round with +9's? to match ur gear you have had for months?

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

Upgrade limit is +20
Are you butt hurt cause ill be walking round with +9's? to match ur gear you have had for months?

Rare items are supposed to be rare for a reason.
It's called Game Balance.
Something to drive you to achieve, a goal that takes time. Items that have a high value.
Items that set YOU apart and make your efforts noticable and special.

#14 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

People that hurt will not be affected. People that don't hurt will start to do some damage. The value of tradeable +9s will probably decrease, as it should be easier (and cheaper) to attain now. Overall effect in woe though, I doubt it will have any major effect. The ones that hurt are still mainly the ones with megs/godlies/etc.

#15 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

i really hate this idea, knowing that it is already safe to upgrade to +20 without breaking only downgrade. gears are supose to have the risk to break, that way the market will will still cycle around for people to buy and upgrade. since HD ores were introduce, it really kill the game. billions of zeny worth of items has gone down into millions of zeny. even tho the damage was done, u patch things up, by changing the upgrades so that you can use it +7 or higher, which was a prety damn good thing. but then as time goes by, you kill it again by introducing, safe upgrade certificate for 150pts each. i know that the chance sux, but knowing that its safe to +7 it just destroy everything again. im not trying to be selfish because most of my gear are prety much +9-+14. im jut saying that, the game is not supose to be flooded with high + gear. ive spent hundreds of dollars trying to get my gears up to where it is now, thats including the lucky box to get kvm badges, because it was the only way to get them before, knowing ive broke 15 glorious fists trying to +7 it. well the damage has been done again. now the market is worth nothing. i have so many gears that could be vended for 60m+ a piece over a month ago, and now nothing is selling, it even went down to 25m and its still doesn't sell. now i feel like RO is all about how much real money can u rotate thru the game, that ingame item does not matter for u, because it won't sell. the only thing that sells on RO are prety much everything that is offered by the kafrashop.

#16 mikibong

mikibong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

now i feel like RO is all about how much real money can u rotate thru the game, that ingame item does not matter for u, because it won't sell

all i can do is reminisce at the time before the Kafra shop was introduced.

#17 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Upgrade limit is +20

Try again, Most of us have gear you'll never have in your life time. This is just bad for game balance, the last thing we need are more KP guzzling machines to get higher upgrades and make hunting for drops worthless because gear doesn't break anymore.

Edited by Hrishi, 09 November 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#18 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

i bought 10k wpe worth of hd ores. my mace is still +7 after. i bought 1bil worth of hd ores. my mace is still +7. does it mean my efforts are not enough to get a +10? while some others used 3 hd ores and got a +10 kvm. theres no effort here. its all luck. and sadly im always on the side where luck doesnt exist.

#19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

+9 seems to be the old +4s.. I know that sounds bizarre but +20 is not possible, I'm surprised +14 has ever happened as that is seriously like rolling 7 in craps about 20 times in a row. KVM items since about the first 3 months was never really an option for people because of the way the system was/not working properly. People were exploiting it to get KVM and not actually fighting to earn them. That was sad, and there was an outcry to get KVM items for the "regular person", so we did. And yes the early adopters got their early achievement seemingly lessened. The big flaw is there wasn't a better set put in at the same time (that is how updates happen things get bigger as time progresses and old greats become todays mediums).

I'm still not happy with the way upgrading works, I still want to "eat" excess equipments to keep prices higher, but no MVP gear above 1% should or normal monster drop above .05% should ever be priced in the high 10s of millions. Players had an outcry to have upgrades be feasible, we did what we could, currently I have an outcry that +9 to 10 or above is too stupid to be reasonable. And looking at some of the upgrade sessions they have done I agree with them, I want to make it more feasible. I'm trying to give options that not only makes upgrading less a frustration but hopefully also brings it into the realm of more players to try it.

I don't think everyone in WoE being armed with +9 is going to change the outcome, but it can help make it more interesting if both sides have the same level of equips to get the special effects.

#20 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

You know you've done this the day AFTER I finally +10'd something.

Anyway heres the maths

Based on a 66% probability chance of getting to +9

HD Ores Required 278

Enriched Ores Required 42

KP cost of those amounts

2780 KP for the HD to 9

1260 KP for the Enriched to 9 (based on buying single ores at 30 each)

This effectively 1/2s the price of a +9 item.

This should also under 1/2 the value of gears at 10 since the 9 is twice as easy so you get twice as many shots for your bucks.

#21 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

^ thumbs up.

#22 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

well the enrich thing, i think you should make it only available for gears +8 or higher, that way, people that has a +7 has a risk to use HD elu/ori and get it break down, and then if it did hit +8 make it so theres an option to use the enrich token to use it to get it +9 :mellow: :(

#23 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

The problem with +9 being the new +4 is that when someone tries to go above +9, they can do it without breaking their items. You need ONE item to take it to +9 and beyond. This is what is wrong.

Edited by Hrishi, 09 November 2011 - 01:04 AM.

#24 Cedric

Cedric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

Whats the chance of a +9 --> 10?

#25 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

i think is 10% to get it from +8-+9 and +9-+10, its propably lower or higher, im not sure, but alot of ppl said is 10%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users