Upgrade Event, and future developments - Page 10 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 17 votes

Upgrade Event, and future developments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
248 replies to this topic

#226 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

By being smart and predicting the market. Less risks, more reward.
Bought a bunch of BMx3 when they were 100% from groove pack for 600k. Resold 9m each.
Bought 1m Mercury risers, resold each of them 40m
Bought a bunch of safe to 7 certificates 1m, used some for this event and resold the rest 10m each.
1m bloody branches, resold 5m.

But sure, I didn't gain billion zenys by overupgrading because minus miniboss/mvp cards not much sells for billions in Ygg. I got most of the gear I aimed for, lacking mainly CoD. There are still many ways to make zeny, people just need to be smart about it, you caught an amazing opportunity to make zeny and kudos to you for making billions out of it. If it was so simple to make billions everybody would have billions and things would be priced in trillions.

Not really, because it's about supply and demand. Even then the amount of upgraded gears can be sold are limited not only by base item supply, but by luck of upgrade. So long as there are desirable gears, it would, always be a worthwhile investment provided you can get a good price... the more common the upgraded items become (via not breaking) then upgraded items lose their value.

I don't play ygg, so that is a different server culture, but definately before all this nonsense,the server I played on had many people using this as a way to siphon money from mvp campers.

#227 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

People who MVP are normal people. Outside the obvious, this is supply and demand, the economy will never be stable even less since bots exist. The pace the economy moves is very fast in game and you have to predict it and take risks.

You basically that will stay stable so you can profit off the same thing over and over. It just doesn't work like that and never did.
Yes, events like these hurt people making money by upgrading.
Releasing lucky boxes/kafra gear hurts people farming MVP gear.

To make zeny you need to take advantage of those situations, that's how it works.

Too easy to make +9 gear due to an event? Farm MVP drops that are worth upgrading or hoard +9 items and wait long enough to resell it for a good profit before the next event.

Too many safe to 7 certificates? Hoard them until there is an upgrade event you'll resell for 10 times the price you bought them.

MVP hunters are getting the shaft a little bit currently, GM's are trying to increase some drops value right now with the MVP turn ins, I'm sure they have other things up their sleeves.

People are complaining to complain and unwilling to adapt. It's ok my grandfather thinks germans are still all -_-s, you are not alone.

Edit: I didn't know that word was censored, oh well I'm sure you know what it is.

Pretty much. I'm currently trying to liquidate every non-essential thing on my accounts as its all going to get nerfed at some point. The days of buying gear now because it'll be worth more with a future update are over, because we can only predict what in-game items will be available, and they arent the ones that obsolete older gears now. Its not even worth saving powerful kafra gears as they will get replaced by more powerful kafra gears further down the track.

Also Xellie I think its fair to say you just have extremely good luck with upgrading. On average (pre-event madness) upgraded stuff is almost always vending for less than the average cost to make, so on average upgraders would be lucky to break even.

Edited by Hrothmund, 22 November 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#228 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

1/3 chance, sell at 3x base price, upgrade value dropped with certs, only applies to certain items.

you do have to change items according to demand tho

#229 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

well its certainly a lot less hassle than server xfers.

#230 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Please make this a permanent addition. I will not buy HD elu b/c it can take several thousand kp to +9 an item. Also would like to see 9>10 become more feasible..perhaps 15-20% chance instead of 10?

#231 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

and three months from now there will be another stupid hammer guy handing over +10-15 upgrades. Great.
The point of having +9 be somewhat challenging to get is because it's supposed to be rewarding. There's only up to +20 and Gravity's paving the way for you to get there with these dumb events.You're gonna fly through to +9/10/11 with safe certs and Enriched Hammer and then sit on your +10 weapons until you think... "hmm this is old, everyone has +9/10 gear now. I'd like to go further."
Okay so you risk getting your stuff to +14. You finally get it, show it off, go to PVP with it and kick some ass. Then oh man. Gravity comes out with Another Enriched Hammer that gets you to +15. Oh cool, you got your last upgrade to get to +15 and it was a snap! Well guess what? Go to PVP today. Guess who else is gonna have the same <_< as you, and how much effort did they put into it?
Same thing goes for +9 gear. It used to be something worth being proud of. Getting it to +10 or higher was even better.
But now it's a joke really. If you don't take advantage of this event, you're gonna be one of those few people that'll be left behind.
So, so, so dumb.

You're raising the upgrades but you're making it easier. That means that everyone will take advantage and everyone will still be on the same page. It's not like you're "getting ahead". Some people are so blinded by their own personal gain that they don't see what's wrong with this event that should have ended last week.

Edited by Okii, 27 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#232 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

i really hate this idea, knowing that it is already safe to upgrade to +20 without breaking only downgrade. gears are supose to have the risk to break, that way the market will will still cycle around for people to buy and upgrade. since HD ores were introduce, it really kill the game. billions of zeny worth of items has gone down into millions of zeny. even tho the damage was done, u patch things up, by changing the upgrades so that you can use it +7 or higher, which was a prety damn good thing. but then as time goes by, you kill it again by introducing, safe upgrade certificate for 150pts each. i know that the chance sux, but knowing that its safe to +7 it just destroy everything again. im not trying to be selfish because most of my gear are prety much +9-+14. im jut saying that, the game is not supose to be flooded with high + gear. ive spent hundreds of dollars trying to get my gears up to where it is now, thats including the lucky box to get kvm badges, because it was the only way to get them before, knowing ive broke 15 glorious fists trying to +7 it. well the damage has been done again. now the market is worth nothing. i have so many gears that could be vended for 60m+ a piece over a month ago, and now nothing is selling, it even went down to 25m and its still doesn't sell. now i feel like RO is all about how much real money can u rotate thru the game, that ingame item does not matter for u, because it won't sell. the only thing that sells on RO are prety much everything that is offered by the kafrashop.

I'm quoting you on this because I feel like people need to read more than just the last page of this topic.
Unifan is 100% right.

Heim is messing up the game really badly right now. I cannot believe he brought safe certs back with this groove pack =__=

#233 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm quoting you on this because I feel like people need to read more than just the last page of this topic.
Unifan is 100% right.

Heim is messing up the game really badly right now. I cannot believe he brought safe certs back with this groove pack =__=

They don't call him Heim$ for nothing.

#234 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Unifan is 100% right.

The game is already dead with a close to 1000 players in it. What else is there to do than to suck everyone dry at the cost of pure RO gameplay before the server closes? :dunno:

Edited by HRdevil, 27 November 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#235 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

I don't understand how these NOOBS don't get it.

Gear HAS to break in order to keep MVP drops valuable.

How else will zeny circulate around the community without it all being a matter of kafra drops?

PLAYING becomes irrelevant

You could just be buying characters and items.

Truer words have never been spoken...

#236 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

The game is already dead with a close to 1000 players in it. What else is there to do than to suck everyone dry at the cost of pure RO gameplay before the server closes? :dunno:

The game needs money to run, if the game didn't go free to play with a cash shop they would have closed the servers a while ago. The game is old, all they can do is add new stuff to attract new people to keep it alive. Right now it looks like iRO are gaining new players so the game isn't dying. I'm sure people have been calling this game dead for the last decade (It's like that in every single MMO anyways," dead game blablabla QQ economy elite needing to be above newbies etc").

#237 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Hows this sound for a consumption fix?

HD ore + base gear = enriched upgrade attempt.

I.E. +8 valk mant + HD ore + valk mant(in inventory) = safe enriched attempt from +8 to +9.

You could toss in an enriched ore as well if you want, but if you made base item consumption part of the actual upgrade formula (if thats possible) that would solve the "1 gear for life" current approach. Can either take the old "bad" chance doing regular HD upgrades (things like KVM weapons i guess) or the new way that would consume some gears in the process.

I like this idea.
We could still make it use KP ores... but also use items.. that way GM's are happy and players are happy.
If you use a KP ore without another item then it can downgrade but it won't break.
If you use a KP ore with another item like the one you're refining, if it fails it won't downgrade, and only lose the item.

This would clean alot of the equips that are not selling in the market. And people would still buy KP for ores. Even more cause they now see that they have a much better chance. (Specially on items that are +10 and onwards that are lower chance to upgrade)

Actually eating 1 item to give its mate a better chance/sure chance is actually the idea I want to do.  But instead of doing it at 7 and higher it would be at the 4-7 range.  So the loss would be at the low end not the high end.  I know there are the safe certificates, those are intended to become very rare and likely used on Kafra shop items that you don't want to sacrifice to get safe tries at.
It is stretching the limits of the RO NPC commands to get it to compare what you are upgrading  with something in inventory but I think it will work. One nut we can't crack right now is to have the game detect the upgrade level of item in inventory (non-worn) if that were possible I think a glorious pyramid upgrade strategy could be developed, like a +4 sacrificing a +4 gives a safe attempt at 5, all the way up.  So a +9 would need another +9 to upgrade to 10 safely.  It would take the "luck" from upgrading and would turn it into massive item destruction starting at +4. (2 4 8 16 32 64 to get to +10)
Basically sacrificing a Valk Mant would give you a safe to 7 upgrade chance on a +4->6 Valk Mant.  Once we get to the +7 though that model would become "too good".  Letting it have the enriched chance is fine, but giving it that + not degrading would be a huge problem, if the item degrades still it isn't a problem but it would become very item intensive.

I like that idea also. The item destruction to save upgrade. That way there are two ways to refine, with KP and with ingame items.

@Anchors: Yes you're right the price would go up and the gap would increase but that's how it always has been, and it would bring back market stability. Right now you can barely sell gear at all cause there is so much equips available(least in Valkyrie, I would imagine Ymir and other less populated servers would have even more problems with this), you have to remember it's not just MvP gears what is getting affected, but mob gears as well, and that SHOULD be the main source of income for the avarage new player. What new players are finding now a days is cheap prices but barely no ways to sell their equips/loots to obtain money to buy this "cheap prices" cause the market is full of their current obtained equips. SO they either sell KP(fast), or sell cheap loot or pots which takes a very long time to gain money, even more time than it would take before to reach "the gap" between end gears.

So yeah I believe that Hrothmund's idea would help get rid of all that extra amount of gears, it would keep people happy knowing that they won't break their gears if they use another item. And hey it was always expensive to get a high upgraded gear. I don't know when was it that we changed from that mindset... before renewal everyone knew that an item +9 or +10 was worth ALOT. But now we want the same result but cheaper...

Edited by iiNote, 28 November 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#238 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Yeah Hrothmund's idea was so good that we ---

http://forums.warppo...ading-proposal/

Check it out!
I want this to happen so badly.

#239 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

HEIM I SUGGEST YOU END THE ENRICH EVENT NAO!!

#240 HumIsKing

HumIsKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Last day to try for a +9. What a ****ing joke. I bought 50bucks and couldnt even +9 a dam xmas tree hat. Very dissapointed what a waste of money. Might not even renew my Vip status good luck to all those who spens countless hundreds trying for great gears. Id rather grind like usual and buy the +9 gear for 1/3 the cost it takes to make one. :dunno:

#241 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

I got 30 to 40 +9s? TA-ROLL!

#242 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

=o Waiting period jam =o

#243 Inwater

Inwater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

So when is this new system coming? Any time-frame at all?

#244 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

Regarding upgrading... Are the rates for using the Safe to +7 Certs still the normal rates? (60% to +5, 40% to +6, 40% to +7) I just tried my Alicel Hat again (originally 3 certs to +5) and failed going to +6 on certs #9 and 10. Is this just extremely bad luck, or what? (Of course this immediately follows needing 12 certs getting one of my level 4 weapons from +4 to +7...)

#245 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

I assume it's bad luck, allthough I had increadible bad luck like you described it as well during the last weeks, after the enriched hammer was introduced :/

#246 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

I've had super luck with certs - usually only needing 3 - 4 from +4 to +7. But at times, it took 10 (before maint?)

I think its just the deviation from the average. Although this deviation is starting to get very very large now i see. I used 40 enrich boxes to upgrade something. Only got 3 +8 tries to +9 out of 40 box? O_O

#247 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

I've had super luck with certs - usually only needing 3 - 4 from +4 to +7. But at times, it took 10 (before maint?)

I think its just the deviation from the average. Although this deviation is starting to get very very large now i see. I used 40 enrich boxes to upgrade something. Only got 3 +8 tries to +9 out of 40 box? O_O

I wish I had your luck. Mine always go down below +7 that it's waaaaay cheaper for me to buy upgraded ones. Posted Image

#248 Inwater

Inwater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

11th Nov was the last update. I would rather have bad news than none. When will game developers understand this? Sorry not trying to be rude -_-

#249 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Aren't people in exams now? Maybe the # of attempts won't be representative.

In another view, I'm not sure there're still students in the game anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users