Upgrade Event, and future developments - Page 8 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 17 votes

Upgrade Event, and future developments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
248 replies to this topic

#176 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

Risks don't exist in upgrading now. It's just about spamming and who can dish out the most cash.

My reaction when I got +9 2 months ago: OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG W0000000000000000000000T HELLZ YAH! IN YOUR FACE MIGHTY HAMMER!!!1111 :P

My reaction when I got +9 this week: Ahh, cool, naise wun. whatevarz.... :)

#177 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Christ, people, it's an event. Think of it as a sale. +9 items suddenly got cheap, whoo! You don't go around saying "I paid twice as much for that TV 6 months ago! I want my money back!". Yes, it's a tad annoying that you could've saved some money, but this upgrade event isn't really different from buying oranges for 3 dollars a pound, then the next week they're 99 cents.

In the long run, however, I think this is their attempt to normalize the cost of upgrading across the board. HD Enriches are more expensive than the ores we have now, but will have more reliable results (You'll be paying closer to the average amount. For safety, you'll likely buy 100 HD Enriches instead of 300 HDs to upgrade past 7. The price is roughly the same, but I think you won't suffer as harshly from a bad unlucky streak. I think this is in hopes of getting a lot of people to spent a little bit of cash, rather than a small amount of people spending an enormous amount of cash. This is a good thing. It reduces a pay-to-win aspect (but doesn't exactly eliminating it).

Edited by KataiKou, 15 November 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#178 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Let me clarify - you had 57 chances from +9 to +10 and you failed them all?

Yes.

#179 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Yes.

That's astronomically low chance of happening (like less than 1/4 of a percent) but I guess it does happen once in a while.

Hopefully you get the +10 after 60 tries,

#180 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

irrelevant. That +7 valk armor with 3 str can be +12 with no risk or loss.

But it comes at enormous cost. I think you're ignoring that aspect.

Just like it costs time, effort, and even money to achieve anything in an MMO (such as levels, cards, gear, high-leveled guilds full of decent players, etc), upgrades are also included as part of that "anything".

There are costs to achieving anything in this game. Just because you feel that the cost should mainfest itself in only certain forms doesn't necessarily make that view correct. I'm not saying that my own view is correct, I'm just saying that I think you're looking at this upgrading thing from too narrow a perspective.

#181 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

But it comes at enormous cost. I think you're ignoring that aspect.

Just like it costs time, effort, and even money to achieve anything in an MMO (such as levels, cards, gear, high-leveled guilds full of decent players, etc), upgrades are also included as part of that "anything".

There are costs to achieving anything in this game. Just because you feel that the cost should mainfest itself in only certain forms doesn't necessarily make that view correct. I'm not saying that my own view is correct, I'm just saying that I think you're looking at this upgrading thing from too narrow a perspective.

How is it narrow minded to think that breakable gears need to break to keep the economy stimulated and players motivated? I am SPECIFICALLY ignoring the benefit to myself of upgrades being easier because I know, from reading the forums and heim's posts etc, alongside my own personal experiences, that gear breaking is very important to RO. I know that the cash first zeny second approach is upsetting a lot of players and I don't want to see RO become one of those -_-ty free to play games that people try for a week, can't make progress without cash cash cash and leave.

Enchants aren't so bad.
Nevermind that you can buy pre-enchanted armor and upgrade it risk free. It's not like the old days of "my +3 str armor might break going to +7"

#182 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Sooo annoyed. So fake.
5 times my CEB went down to +3 in a row.
what a waste of enrich to get it back up and then it stops and stays at +6.
I hate upgrading.

Enchanted an armor 3 times... yet the result was the same 'Int+2'... then it breaks.
Bloody pointless. lol

61 Mants... Only 1 got to +7..... o_O

Edited by MrKisuke, 16 November 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#183 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Risks don't exist in upgrading now. It's just about spamming and who can dish out the most cash.

My reaction when I got +9 2 months ago: OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG W0000000000000000000000T HELLZ YAH! IN YOUR FACE MIGHTY HAMMER!!!1111 :P

My reaction when I got +9 this week: Ahh, cool, naise wun. whatevarz.... :D

lol i agree, i recall getting my +10 KVM katar during the last days of the 1st +4 and up HD upgrading(irreplaceable <3) and hell it felt like im in heaven, now its like a jellopy drop >.>

Edited by Phil, 16 November 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#184 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

That's astronomically low chance of happening (like less than 1/4 of a percent) but I guess it does happen once in a while.

Hopefully you get the +10 after 60 tries,

I got it on the 64th +10 attempt. that's like .1% chance of happening and ridiculously unlucky and makes me want to rage-quit.. zzzzz.

I spent $200 and 850m zeny - my KVM mace might theoretically be the most expensive +12 mace on the server.. maybe.. considering it's an upgrade event. I was very lucky with +9s though which doesnt matter because all of em broke down going +10. Just the thought that I could theoretically have 64 +9s of everything else now but I don't makes me mr. sad pants.

#185 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

This event is good to me, I made 4 +10s in less than 3HD elu each.

so it does astronomically favor the lucky and set them apart from the rest.

#186 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

This event is good to me, I made 4 +10s in less than 3HD elu each.

so it does astronomically favor the lucky and set them apart from the rest.

lol

#187 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

5k points to get a +10 from +9... its +4 now :mellow:

#188 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

5k points to get a +10 from +9... its +4 now :mellow:

I spent like 8k points to get +10 from +9. Keep on it (I guess)

#189 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

Next stop, I +10 all 12 of my immune shields~ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#190 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

I really hope this event does not become permanent.
Maybe a few times a year but permanently... god.

And no more safe certs ever again. EVER.

#191 Witch

Witch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationYour Imagination

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

I really hope this event does not become permanent.
Maybe a few times a year but permanently... god.

And no more safe certs ever again. EVER.

It's a good thing Gravity cares more about money than opinions in this case.

#192 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

Make it so enriched ores only work for account bound items... Regular HD for tradables and vendables.

#193 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Make it so enriched ores only work for account bound items... Regular HD for tradables and vendables.

That would be a pretty good comprimise

#194 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Not a bad idea. :mellow:

#195 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

My +9 CEB has downgraded to +8 seventeen times trying to get it to +10 lol. :mellow:

I have stop trying. Just have to roll with +9. Sad though. :thumb:

At least im not on 64 attempts. That is some serious cash and zeny right there. I have a +12 kvm mace and im not sure its worth that much lol.

#196 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Finally got +9 RWH after 170 enriched elu ...

#197 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Why does mrTyranitar have a problem with me upgrading all my crap?

The profit I would make by selling 1 or 3 over upgraded Immune shields barely exists now, so I'm just going to make them for myself and create a set
(hell, alice,cranial, antimedium, plasterers, fireproof, save 1 for a gtb ONE DAY MY HUNTING WILL PAY OFF.)

I couldn't do that if they were potentially going to break, even though I'm against what this event does to the market and I think the item should not have been kafra shop exclusive, not participating isn't exactly going to achieve anything other than put me behind other players.

Usually, people like me would buy them for a greater value than they are (overupgraded I mean) - from players with less zeny. This whole event is about self benefit and stems to flow of zeny between players. In the long run, everyone gets +9 gear, very nice, but it stagnates the market for people who profit off of other players who monopolise MVPs etc. Which means everyone who couldn't camp satan morroc or something couldn't do what people did before them and buy the satan morroc gear, gamble it to +7, sell it, profit, then buy super equipment instead of +9ing their own mediocre / kvm gear.

#198 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

tisk tisk, Mr Tyranitar.

And I agree Xellie, because I risked getting the divine cross you gave me to +7 just for this event.
I disagree with keeping the system [the way it is] in the longrun, but I am going to take advantage of it while it's here because... it's super easy to get to +9. Who wouldn't do it if they could?

I got my Immune Nid to +9, my Divine Cross to +9, my Spiky Band to +9 and I would have kept going if I wasn't zeny poor and had other high-end gears to upgrade.
However, I would prefer a system like this for those who do not wish to use enriched ores or something, idk. Too much gear floating around and safe certs do not help.
The market has such a surplus of gears that MVP loots seem like toys and they aren't satisfying enough to actually consider camping an MVP for profits. Afaik, people camp MVP's for cards (or Ifrit's Rings) something along those lines.

Anyways.. I will have fun with this event while it lasts.

Edited by Okii, 21 November 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#199 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

No you wouldn't, I used to do this in pre-renewal and don't have the time to wake up every 8 hours/12 hours to camp said MvPs. However, if you don't see how gear not breaking is a huge issue and leads to the demand on any type of gear being reduced to bill, I don't know what to say. And yea, go nuts : http://ropd.info/?account=3479703

Issue is this is what Gravity wants. Heim downright stated he doesn't feel they should be worth in the 10's of millions of zeny. I honestly have to agree, most new players can't break into iRO because of the MAJOR difference between a poorly equiped character and an "average" equiped character. You can hit 99 in a few days, yet you can't get gears for months.

#200 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Issue is this is what Gravity wants. Heim downright stated he doesn't feel they should be worth in the 10's of millions of zeny. I honestly have to agree, most new players can't break into iRO because of the MAJOR difference between a poorly equiped character and an "average" equiped character. You can hit 99 in a few days, yet you can't get gears for months.

It's like this in every single MMO I have EVER played.
It's not just RO. Of course you're going to be poor when you're new... you have to learn your way around the market and figure out how to earn zeny. You won't get great gears until you can afford them, and yeah, 35M for a Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb may be a lot, but it's a trans equip, an MVP drop, AND it's one of the best garments for the "average player". You want that item, but you can't afford it? Okay then, look for something similar and aim for that first.

I mean really, you can't just run around saying "I leveled to 99 in under a week and can't afford my gear (so lower the prices on everything I want, please)"
That's just not how an MMO works. That not how ANY market works. If the supply is greater than the demand, then you can get the gear while it's cheap. If not (or if you're still not able to afford it), look for alternatives until you can afford the higher-end gear. If you want a card and cannot afford it, go farm it.

I've spent two weeks killing Hunter Fly's and have no card, but you don't see me coming on the forums and saying that the price of the card needs to be lowered from 40M to 2M. (which is about the same as dropping things from the hundreds of millions to the tens of millions)

~~~~~~~~~~

I heard that leveling to third class was going to be extended. Is this true?
Monsters will give around 60% less than what they do now, from what I am told.

Edited by Okii, 21 November 2011 - 11:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users