#1 Michael123

Michael123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDrakos First floor/Dragon Valley/Libra
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

I'll be right to the point. Invoker double shot should be passive,because they are unable to use it when its distrubed by mobs or in pvp and have to wait for 3 mins to be cast again. Double shot is probably their main attack, and having it passive does not make them OP, because of their lack of skills. Other jobs have multiple skills that can be spammed (low cool downs) during farming or pvp but invokers have 3-4 main attack with long cool downs. The problem that occured to me when using Invoker was that when I cast Double Shot it was unsuccesfull and have to wait 3 mins for it to be cast. While farming, the cast was disturbed by mobs attacks and have to wait for 3 mins (cast in safety zone). But when it came to pvping, casting was always distrubed, due to other players running after you during battle. Invokers only depends on certain skills with huge cool downs, having double shot active and not accurate of the casting is pretty useless to play with, other than healing.

Well, let me know what you think..

Edited by Michael123, 09 November 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#2 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

even though this hasn't happened to my invoker while farming, i did think about it. it does suck when u have to wait 3-4 minutes for double shot to cool down. the only ideas i had was to either relog(if u don't mind losing your kill count) or use diffusion cannon for 3-4 minutes until double shot is available again. i don't know much about pvping with an invoker (since mine is just a farmer anyways) but invokers are supposed to be support class, so i guess if you're in team pvp, you can find a safe corner to re-cast the skill.

#3 Michael123

Michael123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDrakos First floor/Dragon Valley/Libra

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Logging off in Paris runs, kinda hurts. During pvp, classes *will* aim for invokers since they are support class, with double shot being unsuccesfull, running is the best option and casting freeze/frog + healing (which sometimes arent allowed to use.) During farming *lag hit* also cancels it.

+ All classes have a specific long range attacks that can really disturb it. It may not have a casting time, but it still can be disturb...

Edited by Michael123, 09 November 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#4 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

if it's during paris runs, there's no reason to fail casting it, just back off for a second to cast it. in pvp, your team should also know that and should protect you for at least 1 second to cast it. i'm not familiar with "lag hit" so the best thing to do in pve is to just find a safe spot to do it. and again, diffusion cannon is an alternative (even if it's just few minutes).

#5 Youti

Youti

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

and having it passive does not make them OP

exactly !! ,, i dont understand whats the point of making it active ,, even if it rarely happens that mobs hit u while casting it but its soo annyoing when happens , also the consept of finding "safe place " every 3 min itself is just annoying ...

#6 deathheartxx44f

deathheartxx44f

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

if not for making it passive, I think making it with longer duration and shorter cool down would be easier.

#7 Youti

Youti

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

OR make it like the ultimate skil ,,, during casting , the character is unbeatable :)

#8 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

This has been brought up over and over again. It was reported multiple times in the surveys to Gravity Games. Just wait for a fix.

#9 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

I don't see why there isn't a system in general implemented where if a skill is cancelled for any reason it receives a 3 second cool down instead of the normal cool down. Doesn't really make sense that a cool down would even be triggered if the skill itself is not cast.

#10 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

If you get interrupted while the cast time bar is out, the skill goes into cooldown. It may not make sense in pve (and it can be quite annoying), but in pvp it's a great balance to certain skills.

Now as far as double shot is concerned, it already gets nerfed to 30% of its original damage anyway. Don't see why it was changed to an active skill over a passive.

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

If you get interrupted while the cast time bar is out, the skill goes into cooldown. It may not make sense in pve (and it can be quite annoying), but in pvp it's a great balance to certain skills.

Now as far as double shot is concerned, it already gets nerfed to 30% of its original damage anyway. Don't see why it was changed to an active skill over a passive.

Either

Invoker bots used it to farm since the dmg reduct isn't in pve

Or because passives can't add to groggy and now DS can since it's active(although the amount it adds isn't enough to justify it being an active)

Edited by StormHaven, 09 November 2011 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users