• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SnowKyouko

SnowKyouko

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Whelp, I started on iRO Valkyrie like 4 days ago. lol. I played pservers with friends and have only barely messed around with 3rd jobs, and those weren't even official. So, my questions:

Is combo Sura a viable build for PvM/PvP (non-WoE)?
What can I expect from it besides being moderately weaker than a traditional gfist Sura?
What kind of stats/gears should I be running? (will show noob builds later)

So yeah. I'm a noob when it comes to Renewal. I'm still having issues grinding out my aco levels in an agi-battle build. Hopefully it will be more fun as a combo monk. xD Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, and I enjoy constructive criticism/discussions. :)

I came up with a couple different builds that (I think) would work fairly well. :3

The builds:

Combo-Gfist Hybrid:
Str: 94+16
Agi: 58+22
Vit: 95+15
Int: 96+14
Dex: 96+24
Luk: 1+0
This Hybrid build offers 42k HP, 180 attack speed and a fairly decent damage output for both gfist and combo skills. Seems decent enough to tank with and have fun not dying.

Pure Combo (No gfist, occult, TSS):
Str: 112+18
Agi: 112+28
Vit: 1+6
Int: 46+14
Dex: 100+20
Luk: 22+0
This Pure combo build is fairy devastating, boasting 189 attack speed, 19k HP (not high, but won't take almost any damage from Acid Bomb) and can outflee some lowclass MvPs! :)

I don't really wanna go into too much depth about gears, but for the hybrid build they're mainly SP/str based and the pure combo is mainly agi/aspd based.

PS: I know the stats being rounded off at 10s don't affect anything anymore but I've been playing for ~6 years (a lot of pservers..) and it just feels right to me still. And I also know 22+0 != a multiple of 10, or even 5. lol.

Edited by SnowKyouko, 09 November 2011 - 08:45 AM.

#2 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

First of all WoE is an event where players comptete against other players for castles in a PvP scenario, not sure what you thought it was but that's what it is.

Having Agi in the early lvls is probably the more recommended but after awhile when you hit your third class you start to use more AoE. It isn't the stat its self thats the issue, its if you plan to take on mobs one by one.

You REALLY seem stuck in pre renewal. Sadly a lot of third class skills replace second class, esecially true for Sura. Take your time to read up on the sura skills plus some other class skills. Believe 19k HP is a joke, esecially in PvP. Heck 1 Vit in pre renewal would have been a joke for most cases (dazzler spam).

#3 SnowKyouko

SnowKyouko

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

First of all WoE is an event where players comptete against other players for castles in a PvP scenario, not sure what you thought it was but that's what it is.

Having Agi in the early lvls is probably the more recommended but after awhile when you hit your third class you start to use more AoE. It isn't the stat its self thats the issue, its if you plan to take on mobs one by one.

You REALLY seem stuck in pre renewal. Sadly a lot of third class skills replace second class, esecially true for Sura. Take your time to read up on the sura skills plus some other class skills. Believe 19k HP is a joke, esecially in PvP. Heck 1 Vit in pre renewal would have been a joke for most cases (dazzler spam).

Lol. xD Then I'm probably noob to official RO completely. In pservers, WoE has a flee reduction added so you can't really outflee anything unless it has virtually no dex/hit.

AoEs are great and all but I'm not too hard about getting them. I've got a few in my Sura build, as they will come in handy I'm sure, but I'd like to stick more to 1vs1. Just not sure how flee works anymore, or how it gets cut (if it does), as far as stats go.

I do need to read about other class skills. Most definitely. xD Thanks for reminding me! And yeah, I was kinda figuring 19k HP is a joke, 430 flee not being all that high as to flee some higher dex people, but it seemed decent enough for PvM. I'm almost certain I'd prefer my hybrid build. 189 attack speed is fun, but where's the fun in dying upon entering PvP? lol. ^^

#4 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

In PvM flee is noticed but it does get cut depending how many mobs you tank. Flee in PvP you will have to be a thief class to get anything decent and even then too many skills ignore flee. I think it does get reduced in WoE but too many ways to get around it for it to really matter.

AoE is for lvling as higher lvls 1vs1 takes too long.

Edited by FoxyWoxy, 09 November 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#5 SnowKyouko

SnowKyouko

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

Sorry I'm late. xD And yeah, thinking of all the magic AoEs, insane and stupid damage of HSCR and a loooot of other skills and status effects that make flee useless, I won't be highly focused on it anymore. My character will have quite a bit of flee due to high agi, wanting nice attack speed for when I do combo, but will cap out at around 35k HP instead of focusing on too much flee. I figured that would be enough? lol. I'll still have gfist, which should make things easier; since I want snap, it's a necessity. But yeah. What AoE skills would you recommend for leveling since Lightning Ride is gonna be nerfed?

#6 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

35k seems about the average for non tank classes. The nerf on LR is just stupid but it'll probably be the one people still use with rampage blast. You're and anyone's best bet is to actually wait and see though as I'm only predicting.

#7 SnowKyouko

SnowKyouko

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

All right :bang: thanks a bunch Foxy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users