DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hi guys :)

Obviously like the topic and description said, i need some feedback on my work.
I'm not used doing signatures, but i do have some OLD photoshop experience back when cs3 was new.

So i would like some feedback and suggestions.

After a month of training:

Posted Image

This one is in actual size, smaller but I don't have the small file saved..

Posted Image

Posted Image

(I know those are to big but I always work big then make them smaller to add in more details).

Old ones when I wrote the thread, a month ago.

This one is made for epicoon ;)

Posted Image

Made for my clannies, simple little bit edited clan logo.

Posted Image

Made for vultt, got diffrent forum name though, don't remember it :3

Posted Image

Edit; My friend wanted me to post this one, it was a bday picture for the biggest Oink in the world himself!.

Posted Image

Question I usually get: Do you make free signatures?.
Yes, I do, and feel free to hit me up, I do require you to tell me what to put on it, cause I don't know what everyone likes and dislikes.
I usually works with characters that's already in the actual game cause it feels more personal, but if you want an anime character, or anything

similar, just link me the picture you want me to have as a base and PM me with it or something.

I recomend you to check out Dee's thread as well, He's great with making signatures: Dee's Clan logo etc. corner!

Or contact Oerba, Cause he's really amazing to!.

Sorry If I recomended you guys without you wanting me to, but I know you do free signatures for people whom askes so I thought that they could check you out as well :)

Edited by DigitalKitten, 16 January 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

Dani, I think these are great. They really show ur creative genius. I want one too! Make one for me please?

#3 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Dani, I think these are great. They really show ur creative genius. I want one too! Make one for me please?

Ihihi thank you very much :) of course, free for you!.
Tell me what u want on it, and how you want it to look kind of, if you got no ideas ill figure out something myself :)

#4 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

I think the pictures look a bit blurry. Either that or my eyes are melting. I think there's a way of getting uber graphics with a plug-in or something. I don't know more than that :).

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Looks good :) could use small amount of work of vullt's tho. the blade got clipped and the speed buff messes with the tag, next time they want one make sure they dont have that dust cloud :)

#6 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

Overall, I think they look pretty good. My personal opinion (so take it for what you will), is to try and avoid outlining. Not sure if it is something you did on purpose or the type of filter you used, it just takes away from the natural look that I like to see from your type of signature. If you are trying to make different sections of the signature stand out more than others, try a drop shadow instead of an outline, maybe even a wider spread, distance or blur to the drop shadow as well.

in the first signature you hae, the names in the background appear to mess up the screen... not sure if it still works or not, but in the past, typing "/noui" in the chat box removed the interface, making for perfect screenshots with no clutter... and then to get the interface back, you had to type "/noui" again. Just a suggestion there of course.

The piggy one to me looks the best, however it also appears to have an outline to it, though it doesn't seem to take away from anything.

Your editing of the fonts is pretty darn good though. At least I should ask if you edited or created those fonts. They appear to just be edited, but I don't ant to assume. Either way, they look very good.

Keep up the good work!

Please keep in mind that I am not a professional artist, nor have I gone to school for artistry... this is just my personal opinion.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

With regards to TruPain's comment on the outline, its both correct and false? I use outlines on my characters, however i apply it in the mannor of
"outline > feather > drop inner shadow", It defines the edge, but doesn't give a thick line, so it'll keep that natural flow :)

#8 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

I think the pictures look a bit blurry. Either that or my eyes are melting. I think there's a way of getting uber graphics with a plug-in or something. I don't know more than that ;).

Yeah i would be glad if i could get better quality, cause i did only take the last picture myself, the others are taken by the once that got the siggys cause i asked them for pictures.
:P

Would be glad if you could help me looking for the plug-in x)

Looks good :) could use small amount of work of vullt's tho. the blade got clipped and the speed buff messes with the tag, next time they want one make sure they dont have that dust cloud :D

IKR! i told him to take a screenshot without any buffs at all, but he was to lazy so i made a 15 min siggy but the minutes was spent on figuring out how to make it look good with the clouds, this time i blame the owner for the quality, that was the best pic out of 6 diffrent once ;), but i guess i was happy with it after all cloud work cause if i took of the cloud fully, his legs would look weird :)

to try and avoid outlining. Not sure if it is something you did on purpose or the type of filter you used, it just takes away from the natural look that I like to see from your type of signature. If you are trying to make different sections of the signature stand out more than others, try a drop shadow instead of an outline, maybe even a wider spread, distance or blur to the drop shadow as well.

in the first signature you hae, the names in the background appear to mess up the screen... not sure if it still works or not, but in the past, typing "/noui" in the chat box removed the interface, making for perfect screenshots with no clutter... and then to get the interface back, you had to type "/noui" again. Just a suggestion there of course.

The piggy one to me looks the best, however it also appears to have an outline to it, though it doesn't seem to take away from anything.

Your editing of the fonts is pretty darn good though. At least I should ask if you edited or created those fonts. They appear to just be edited, but I don't ant to assume. Either way, they look very good.

Keep up the good work!

Please keep in mind that I am not a professional artist, nor have I gone to school for artistry... this is just my personal opinion.

Gonna answer to all your things here xD so i didn't cut that much in your text lol!, really good reply thank you for that!.

Okay at first, i LOVE outlining, cause its something i have been doing forever, its like my way of having a signature if you get what i mean?.
I want it not to look like the actual game characters, i would rather like them to look like stickers, before i did a thick white outlining then a black outlining on the thick white one and i usualy did put a pin on it, but i got tired of that and got used to the black outlining.

But the most recent picture is the pig one, cause that one was made like last week so i have taken down on the outlining but i still like it, it kinda defines my style (:

I know about /noui, it's just that my boyfriend (teddyonspeed), is silly, note this: REALLY silly.
Actually, the planned signature for him wasn't supposed to look that way, but then... he met Calanor.
And he almost jumped over me "MAKE A SIGNATURE WITH CALANOR ON IT!!!!".
So I did, that's why i didn't put on /noui cause then calanors name wouldn't appear.
I tried with getting rid of the background names, but that really looked fake.
I am still thinking what i can do about his signature to not make it look like there's to many names.
Im going to come up with this later on, any suggestions pherhaps? (:

And about the cute fonts ^_^

The "everybodykillaz" font isn't fully made by me used a base font dont remember its name but now its called "japan" and its out on dafont, but mine is with outliner (: cause i like everything to match.

The vultt one and teddyonspeeds font is made by someone i know on order by me, like designed and so on, but since my computer doesn't want to save my fonts, i usualy let other people do them for me after i draw them.

I have had problems with saving things in PNG., (what a disaster!), so it takes some time to make my computer understand that it's supposed to be TRANSPARENT :p_hi:

But if you want to make your own fonts, a tip is; Use a font thats casual, like Georgia, Arial or something in that style.
And then you draw it like you want to and add stuff.
Cause arial and those font's are good bases, and it will still be yours cause it won't look like the original font at all, except if you want to give credits to your base of course, but i bet you won't do a font that looks exactly like georgia or something :)

With regards to TruPain's comment on the outline, its both correct and false? I use outlines on my characters, however i apply it in the mannor of
"outline > feather > drop inner shadow", It defines the edge, but doesn't give a thick line, so it'll keep that natural flow :)

I'm trying to! I made a success with the piggy didn't I? haha! ^_^

So i was wondering something...

Do you guys think my signatures got to little things of them / looks boring because they are simple :)

@__@ Thank you so much for the responses im quite shocked that you did put down all that time on feedback ^_^

Edited by DigitalKitten, 10 November 2011 - 05:16 AM.

#9 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

Edit; !!! Looks frkn worse then the version with the names on :)

I don't know what to do cause the siggy owner is happi with it but I'm not, haha! :)
Help me plox!

Orginal;
Posted Image

Edited version;

Posted Image

Edited by DigitalKitten, 10 November 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#10 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Personally I recommend you make a fair number of screen-shots under maximum graphic to mid-tier settings and run under /noui.
That way you can mix and match what sort of glow on the character in question.

You choice and use of fonts in terms of how they blend in are extremely good with Teddy's one.

This is my opinion only but if you want to blur out the existing image, why not try the blur feature to make it look like it's zooming in, that way you won't have to smudge the background at all.
Additionally with the image of the character holding the sundering force, try using Shadow as to Stroke/Outline, I personally think a shadow effect would look much nicer on that sort of style.

Do you think I can get a hold of the actual file where you've used or worked on and let me try it as in giving you some other options.

#11 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

Personally I recommend you make a fair number of screen-shots under maximum graphic to mid-tier settings and run under /noui.
That way you can mix and match what sort of glow on the character in question.

You choice and use of fonts in terms of how they blend in are extremely good with Teddy's one.

This is my opinion only but if you want to blur out the existing image, why not try the blur feature to make it look like it's zooming in, that way you won't have to smudge the background at all.
Additionally with the image of the character holding the sundering force, try using Shadow as to Stroke/Outline, I personally think a shadow effect would look much nicer on that sort of style.

Do you think I can get a hold of the actual file where you've used or worked on and let me try it as in giving you some other options.

i wasnt the one taking the prntscreens and all of them were made at my boyfriends computer except the pig once :)
I totaly get what u are saying, didn't think it was harsh at all ^_^
I didn't take the screenshots either , when I do, i take them in Noui and i take alot of them, like my profile picture, thats just a simple yet okay picture (:

U want the piggy one? XD

#12 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

there;

http://i42.tinypic.com/ftphy0.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/fnw80g.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/dpcnzt.png

#13 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Like others said before, when working with screenshots, try to get ur base in high quality and use /noui if possible. Wich prolly wasnt an option as u would miss the GM's nametag :x

The only option I see is to screw up the entire bg with sum fx to cover up the names like

Posted Image

for example.

Also, are you using Photoshop ? Cuz I rmbr some great tutorials.

#14 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

Like others said before, when working with screenshots, try to get ur base in high quality and use /noui if possible. Wich prolly wasnt an option as u would miss the GM's nametag :x

The only option I see is to screw up the entire bg with sum fx to cover up the names like

Posted Image

for example.

Also, are you using Photoshop ? Cuz I rmbr some great tutorials.

Hihi yeah i know that, i dislike that :I my boyfriend wasnt really serious about the siggy,
he kind of more wanted the calanor name.
And Vultt didnt want to give me more pics and he didnt have full quality, so well... x.x

the pig pic is the only one taken by me, or the actual profile picture i have ;p

btw actualy fun background since calanor got a beard XD

And no~ i use CS3 but got the same functions + more

Edited by DigitalKitten, 10 November 2011 - 08:51 AM.

#15 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

the pig pic is the only one taken by me, or the actual profile picture i have ;p

Gotta love bacon.

#16 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Gotta love bacon.

+1 on that!

#17 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

I honestly have no idea what to do.

Here's some doodling for a while as you requested.
Not sure on what colour to use, so I went with the same as the Pig Cart.

Posted Image

Probably having a shadow feature like I've used might be more appropriate as to outlines.

This hopefully should blend it much better.

#18 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

I honestly have no idea what to do.

Here's some doodling for a while as you requested.
Not sure on what colour to use, so I went with the same as the Pig Cart.

Posted Image

Probably having a shadow feature like I've used might be more appropriate as to outlines.

This hopefully should blend it much better.

ok nvm what i said /ragequit.
U do it like x1000000 times better then me o_o

#19 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

ok nvm what i said /ragequit.
U do it like x1000000 times better then me o_o

Not really, I believe I'm not that good, especially when it comes to screen-shots.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually, I've just had a head-start using Photoshop.

But if you want more feedback, I'll be happy to assist.

#20 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Not really, I believe I'm not that good, especially when it comes to screen-shots.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually, I've just had a head-start using Photoshop.

But if you want more feedback, I'll be happy to assist.

Belive me i will for sure start with your feedback, and i maybe should start going back to my old styles, i used to do with backgrounds to til i thought it was mainstream... xD

#21 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Belive me i will for sure start with your feedback, and i maybe should start going back to my old styles, i used to do with backgrounds to til i thought it was mainstream... xD

Everyone eventually get their own style after enough practice.

Mine for example tends to be lots of brushing and using dark colours.

As the usual saying goes, check out some tutorials.

#22 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

To answer your above question, I prefer simple pictures to overloaded ones. Add details, but don't add too many elements.

#23 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

So okay, I tried to work with the critics I got, and I took the step to start using "backgrounds"

So I'm bumping the thread with two test- signatures.
It went pretty fast to make, cause I actually just doodled a bit for fun.
The first one is the best one IMO, since the second one looks like a graphical fail cause the left character is kinda weird, hard to explain but I tried atleast =)

Posted Image

Posted Image

BUMP BUMP -_-

#24 JordanX

JordanX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

i really like those two dani, you improved a lot with your signatures :)
i just dont like the made by thing but i can understand you do that -_-
but yea, they look really nice

#25 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

i really like those two dani, you improved a lot with your signatures :)
i just dont like the made by thing but i can understand you do that -_-
but yea, they look really nice

If you don't do the made by / copyright sign, they can claim they did your work. Not that nice :p_conf: Tyvm though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users