#29 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

kinda lame giving those balloons out they were from an event on THQ

I can see why you're giving people a shot at them again for balance sake but still kinda feels like the work I put into getting mine during the THQ event is being taken away.

People like you are the reason why I'm surprised WP still does these events. They see something is unavailable, they try to make it available, and you have to complain about your work on THQ. Your work isn't being taken away by the way, people are paying for insurance scrolls. Your complaints are derpy.

#30 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

November Julie crushes your soul and Davi empties your wallet Event :D

It's actually a great event for WarpPortal. Especially since they made the minimum +10 rather than +7
1 +16 took me around 30 USD. It's well worth Gravity's time to send out stuff for even 10 USD.

#31 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

People like you are the reason why I'm surprised WP still does these events. They see something is unavailable, they try to make it available, and you have to complain about your work on THQ. Your work isn't being taken away by the way, people are paying for insurance scrolls. Your complaints are derpy.

Newsflash most mmo's have stuff that is 1 time only

and it's people like you that I see complaining about the game being pay 2 win well guess what? this event is pay to get an item that is meant to be rare + extra stuff like stat changes it costs a hell of a lot less to +20 an item like the Wreath of Silver Light and trade it in than the work it takes to get the options set up on legend equips which is what people will use this event for

you're also ignoring (like a few people I see) that I did make note of why they did it and said I understood it I was just also mentioning that it felt like they were taking away the work I put in to get an item that was meant to be exclusive

but hey if you don't care about the game being pay to win it's not like it bothers me I already spend quite a bit on the game.

#32 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Newsflash most mmo's have stuff that is 1 time only

I was just also mentioning that it felt like they were taking away the work I put in to get an item that was meant to be exclusive

will not address the "pay 2 win" argument since that seems off-topic

exclusive items in the long run create a rift between veterans and newcomers and is not good for the game, and in general is not good business

there was no work taken away from your item because your item still retains its same stats. you're upset over nothing

#33 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

no actually I wasn't upset at all and yet like always it seems there has to be 3 or 4 people that have to act like douche bags to others for no reason other than having given an opinion they didn't agree with.

#34 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

So many badly punctuated tears.

I actually don't complain about the game being pay to win. Anyways, some people are awful with stacked gear, and if you take that away from them in a naked pvp...the results are interesting. Not just talking about you either. Moving on, although you did make a note of why they did this, you're still complaining. It's like "Why did Johnny take my pudding cup? I mean I guess I know why he did, the pudding is delicious~" Don't be mad, your pudding cup won't even be taken away. Other people are just getting a chance to get some. Just calm down, make your +20 wreath and sell the balloon for money.
P.S, can you please take the time to type out your numbers? Especially if you're using abbreviations like "Pay 2 Win..." Just makes your post look ignorant and unfounded.

Edited by Jumpluffspore, 13 November 2011 - 05:33 AM.

#35 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Yes, it's a nice item, yes it gives nice stats. Will it help the performance of a person? Not really.
Only argument I can see to having it out now is that you can no longer sell it for a ludicrous amount. And well, monopolies were never good in the first place.

#36 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

no actually I wasn't upset at all and yet like always it seems there has to be 3 or 4 people that have to act like douche bags to others for no reason other than having given an opinion they didn't agree with.

opinions don't have anything to do with this. you said your work was taken away. the fact is, it wasn't. having a right to an opinion doesn't magically protect you from being objectively wrong

#37 Vanille

Vanille

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Can you leave this stupid argue at once? how many "oh you are mad, im not so im cool and you are not" replies do we have to read? dont make me troll this :bang:.

#38 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Can you leave this stupid argue at once? how many "oh you are mad, im not so im cool and you are not" replies do we have to read? dont make me troll this :bang:.

You're too moe to be threatening, Vanille. <3

#39 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

you guys seriously misunderstood my first post it wasn't meant as a "this is bad stop it" post it was meant ss a "meh whatever" post.

and Jumpluffspore if you really want to bring up our pvp match again could you at least not lie about it this time?

#40 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Yes, it's a nice item, yes it gives nice stats. Will it help the performance of a person? Not really.
Only argument I can see to having it out now is that you can no longer sell it for a ludicrous amount. And well, monopolies were never good in the first place.

Okay, let me phrase that argument in a way I think is a bit better. When you reintroduce an old event item you take away the value and rarity of the original. Personally, I'm all for having other event items that give the exact same stats as the trip balloon (the stats should never have been increased in the first place), but imo, the new items should not be completely identical. Perhaps some of you would agree that collecting exclusive/rare items (assuming they are not game breaking) is actually something that contributes to having a unique avatar and getting a feeling of accomplishment, which is part of the fun of an RPG

Example: I run into a lot of people wearing the old school uniform from thq.
Most rare sets sell for a lot. Why should WP devalue certain things and not others?

That being said, I obviously like for my character to be unique, and I like to collect rare cash equips. Can we please preserve that aspect of the game? I saw what was being discussed earlier, and I would go as far as to say that reintroducing event items and mixboard items actually does take away the work of players, who previously collected them, if the accomplishment was based upon obtaining something rare rather than simply strengthening their character.

It's probably too late now, but my idea to resolve this type of issue would be to put a text on items that distinguishes which series they are from (addition 1, addition 2, heirloom, whatever) or have slightly different colors each time the items are released. Perhaps I'm just anal, but after a small change like that I would imagine pretty much all old players being completely fine with their "exclusive" items becoming available to all.

Also, in the original event where the balloons were obtained on THQ we hunted for raffle tickets and could choose to exchange them for balloons or keep them in an attempt to win the actual prize represented by the balloon. This is not the same type of event, and imo, giving out the old prizes doesn't really make sense. What does a laptop or trip have to do with anything? Why do you get a balloon for upgraded a head item?....grrrr....context!

Finally (a bit of a tangent, but I'd like to expand on something said earlier), I realize that this event is probably mostly for balancing purposes; however, it is clear that these type of events, while not necessarily taking away from the effort it took to upgrade gear in the past, make it significantly easier to obtain highly upgraded gear. Repeats of these type of events will eventually encourage smart players to wait for events instead of upgrading their characters the "normal" way since the upgrades you get from the events are a better "bang for the buck". Too many of these type of events could lead to less money being spent for normal upgrading, and players obtaining high level gear too easily ----> less money for WP. o.0

#41 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

My god. I take solace in the fact that these arguments hail from the land of complete Ihavenoideawhatlifedoes Kingdom and takes some mystifying form in the face of a bad argument in the favor of "rarity" and is more or less a gigantic flipflop of absolute idiocy. Enjoy seeing the balloons be all around you.

EDIT: By the way, I don't think the right to input on anything in the game is granted to you if you don't play it.

EDIT 2: For clarification, I think it's stupid to want to preserve the rarity of something and ask for a new version with the same exact stats.

EDIT 3: I think it's really stupid to think that the balloon is that unique and beautiful to begin with and if you feel entitled to some sort of RARITY AWARD by owning one you should take said award and ddddddddddddrop it off a high building and run down as quickly as you can to get hit on the head by it.

EDIT 4: Edit 3 was the best thing I said.

Edited by Kazu731, 13 November 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#42 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

So the argument is basically Time you spent farming the tickets for the balloon vs Money/AP/Gold/Luck you spend on the wreathes to get the balloon+ other rewards.

Edit: I'm just going to say this I wasted huge amount of effort and time farming Muffler parts(and I assume others did to) just for a chance at Prem. Muffler just to have that Keemart event come out. If I remember right, No one complained about that event people welcomed it for the most part! The game actually some what "balanced" out thanks to influx of an item. If you guys are going to get huffy over an item being released because your effort went to waste think about how Warriors felt after the Revenge of Paris patch, when all their weapons they worked hard on became useless from the weapon boost. There are a lot worse things that could happen than a simple little balloon being reintroduced, and what is to that IF THQ*Ice still had this game that they wouldn't release the balloons in a future event?

Edit 2: If you really realy feel the need to have super rare heirloom items that really don't matter anymore go out and collect the Hierloom Bone sets and stuff. |:

Edited by StormHaven, 13 November 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#43 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

So the argument is basically Time you spent farming the tickets for the balloon vs Money/AP/Gold/Luck you spend on the wreathes to get the balloon+ other rewards.

Storm, what a silly notion you bring to the topic. Please spare us your mediocre understanding of anything as you know it and allow me to explain in a very detailed manner just what the people from THE LAND OF RAREHOOD want you to know:

FIGURE A.1.1: They are rare items. The rarity comes from the fact that they are from a very long time ago and that only these players got to receive them. They are not currently available.

FIGURE A.1.2: The rarity gives some sort of sentimental meaning to this item. Whether or not I can accurately describe this meaning is of little importance. In fact, it does not matter if you were around for it or not, but the simple fact of its rarity and of my owning it entitles me to the descriptive right to decide upon another mass release or not.

FIGURE A.2: Here I piece together my argument:

Rarity + attached meaning
Results in... "This item is special and therefore should be preserved as an object of difficulty and remain to the old regime or the new regime that had enough gold to afford it. This way the meaning behind this item is maintained and it is dignified still in its obscurity."

FIGURES B-C: Rebuttals

-"But I want the same stats as old players!"
The solution is to release a new item with the same stats. This maintains the rarity value of the old item while giving the new players the ability to achieve the same stats. Nevermind the ABSOLUTE UNIMPORTANCE of WHO CARES.

-"But I want one too!"
You should belong to the ELITE who got them when they were new or bought with gold. Your lack in time disentitles you to one.

-"Bluh bluh I want to tear down everything as we know it"
Post in the 'Watch My Head' thread

CLEARLY we can see that WarpPortal does a GIGANTIC DISSERVICE to those who LIKE RARE THINGS. If you want RARE THINGS you should not be GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN THEM IN AN ENTIRELY NEW WAY because this is UNFAIR TO SOMEONE WHO HAS OBTAINED THEM IN AN OLD WAY.

Edited by Kazu731, 13 November 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#44 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

I'm just going to say this I wasted huge amount of effort and time farming Muffler parts(and I assume others did to) just for a chance at Prem. Muffler just to have that Keemart event come out. If I remember right, No one complained about that event people welcomed it for the most part! The game actually some what "balanced" out thanks to influx of an item.

that's prolly because mufflers were an item that was already available to the populace (to those that wanted it), whereas these balloons had no other way of being obtained other than buying them off people who farmed them way back when. plus, i hardly believe anyone wanted a muffler simply out of "rare" factor. i guess it's really important to some people

#45 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

It's INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT you TOWERING BUFFOON. How dare you underestimate the importance of rarity? I am highly offended my lust for the rare is being encroached on by this GREEDY COMPANY who wants to EMPOWER OTHERS WITH THE SAME ITEM.

#46 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

my mom always told me i was a rare and unique butterfly

#47 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

Y'all need to step away from the computer.

#48 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

My computer's way too rare for me to ever stop admiring the beautiful cheap plastic it's made of.

#49 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

you guys seriously misunderstood my first post it wasn't meant as a "this is bad stop it" post it was meant ss a "meh whatever" post.

and Jumpluffspore if you really want to bring up our pvp match again could you at least not lie about it this time?

Wasn't talking about yours, feel free to assume your ego was at stake, besides it was a hypothetical, as you've said, you are a pve'er more than a pvp'er and I will not post anymore screenshots of you and me fighting in a pvp regardless of the result. I identified you as a person who stacked evasion to be good at pvp previously. If I have offended you, I am truly sorry. Please take further disputes between you and me to the pms. Thanks. Btb wasn't lying but whatever discussing this is pointless.

Edited by Jumpluffspore, 14 November 2011 - 01:50 PM.

#50 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

Edit 2: If you really realy feel the need to have super rare heirloom items that really don't matter anymore go out and collect the Hierloom Bone sets and stuff. |:

But what if they get released again!? :bang:

Storm, what a silly notion you bring to the topic. Please spare us your mediocre understanding of anything as you know it and allow me to explain in a very detailed manner just what the people from THE LAND OF RAREHOOD want you to know:

FIGURE A.1.1: They are rare items. The rarity comes from the fact that they are from a very long time ago and that only these players got to receive them. They are not currently available.

FIGURE A.1.2: The rarity gives some sort of sentimental meaning to this item. Whether or not I can accurately describe this meaning is of little importance. In fact, it does not matter if you were around for it or not, but the simple fact of its rarity and of my owning it entitles me to the descriptive right to decide upon another mass release or not.

FIGURE A.2: Here I piece together my argument:

Rarity + attached meaning
Results in... "This item is special and therefore should be preserved as an object of difficulty and remain to the old regime or the new regime that had enough gold to afford it. This way the meaning behind this item is maintained and it is dignified still in its obscurity."

FIGURES B-C: Rebuttals

-"But I want the same stats as old players!"
The solution is to release a new item with the same stats. This maintains the rarity value of the old item while giving the new players the ability to achieve the same stats. Nevermind the ABSOLUTE UNIMPORTANCE of WHO CARES.

-"But I want one too!"
You should belong to the ELITE who got them when they were new or bought with gold. Your lack in time disentitles you to one.

-"Bluh bluh I want to tear down everything as we know it"
Post in the 'Watch My Head' thread

CLEARLY we can see that WarpPortal does a GIGANTIC DISSERVICE to those who LIKE RARE THINGS. If you want RARE THINGS you should not be GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN THEM IN AN ENTIRELY NEW WAY because this is UNFAIR TO SOMEONE WHO HAS OBTAINED THEM IN AN OLD WAY.

-stamp of approval-
You understand perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users