Sakray: 14.1 + Skill balance [Now Open!] - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 13 votes

Sakray: 14.1 + Skill balance [Now Open!]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
204 replies to this topic

#26 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Oh god why the delay?

You ppl promised the balance patch in october and we are november now D:

#27 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

lol... people nowdays...

sorry that's just what I got from

So the early game monsters exp is lowered to about half current values

#28 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

lol... people nowdays...

They do have a point though.

A much better solution would be to spread out the current monster levels a bit further.

For example, from 1-99, at any given level, there are 3-5 different monsters on different maps within 1 level of you.

However, at level 100+ there is usually only 1 monster and 1 map for you.
Problem is the lower levels (that are meant to go fast) have the most variety. The higher levels (that are meant to go slow) have less variety. So its a tough grind, which is fair enough, but the problem remains that you are still grinding the same monster without any change in scenery.

@volt - Actually it was promised in July.

Edited by Wiggles, 09 November 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#29 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

Oh god why the delay?

You ppl promised the balance patch in october and we are november now D:

And now balance patch is set for 2012. Really now?

#30 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

2012?.... prob july of 2012 lol... also question, are oboro and kagerou comming with 14.1?

#31 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Nice to know we are getting the EXP and monster changes. higher level Monsters will hit about 2x harder and give at least 50%. Water ball from normal monsters like Naga won't 1 shot you anymore. XD Even MVP's EXP increases which is really good!

However there are no changes to job exp as I recall. So getting to 150/50 at the same time is even tougher. =/

#32 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

2012?.... prob july of 2012 lol... also question, are oboro and kagerou comming with 14.1?

of course not.........

and i see the point of the facepalm... :)

but i think that balance at sakray would help at least to make choices about builds and any abuse, or really bad bugg, then you can make a better choice to continue with your build/job, at least i think thats the actual idea of sakray

#33 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

i was jw, then again iRO takes about a year to install new stuff to the server.

#34 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm just waiting for sakray to come back up so that I can test mechanic skills a bit. Right now there's some kind of error preventing me from making a new character.

#35 ShionTheBlack

ShionTheBlack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

And now balance patch is set for 2012. Really now?

Please reread what Heim said. They will continue balancing the game into 2012, 14.1 will be pushed live as soon as its tested and verified it works.

#36 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

So sad, if the iRO team actually had full creative control this game would probably become something spectacular. Waiting for feedback to be reviewed - ingested - discussed then regurgitated to them totally different from what they wanted -- on top of it then taking forever to apply the patch once getting it. Sounds painful.

I guess this is how china felt or whichever south east Asian country when they had to wait 2 years for Northrend to be released on WoW.

Oh well at least we'll be able to test and prepare ahead of time for the changes as they hit the live server, not too bad I guess.

#37 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

It always takes patience, doesn't it? LOL Though I'd rather get constant "Yes, we haven't forgotten. We're working on it" updates than no news at all.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think slowing down early game is kind of necessary right now. For new players, it's probably for the best in the long run to give them a little more time with the game to make money, get some equipment, and try more maps - It's so easy to rush through things right now without trying much out. I can understand wanting to soften the grind with Renewal, but too much in the other direction is bad, too. One thing I hope they do with that change is keep some challenging, faster options for more established players and parties, like overlook dungeon. I'm also looking forward to more challenging, more rewarding monsters for higher levels again. I miss having somewhere deadly with nice rewards and rare items. I hope those kinds of changes can be tweaked for iRO in the future too? D8 Fingers crossed that it all might inject some more fun into levelling anyway.

#38 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

Are you sure the real reason for halving early monsters' exp isn't so you channel everyone into your VIP only Overlook dungeon?

#39 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

I'm curious heim, whatever happened to letting us select the test server on the regular client's server list?

#40 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

is Sakray back up yet? :/

#41 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

is Sakray back up yet? :/

NOPE, i keep getting character select errors. :/

#42 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

It's up but looks like they haven't patched in the new stuff yet so I can't get past char select with getting an uncloseable error.

#43 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

ugh, I'm really looking forward to testing, but ever since I've downloaded the client yesterday it's just been all like "I AM ERROR" hope they get it working again soon. I've been looking forward to this update, not just the skills, but also bifrost.

#44 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Guillotine Cross tests... come at me bro!

#45 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

its sakray up or not?

#46 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

To Help ease the transition on the live servers, we will do "event WoEs" for at least 3 weeks after the update, so the stakes are different for everyone and treasure isn't the factor, we'll do stuff like Trans only, or 3rd only etc type of woes for fun and a bit of reward for all of you. It will also help test the woe balance in specific use cases. This should both be fun and useful.

:):):):);):);):):D:):p_hi::):P:):):):):):):)

#47 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

However there are no changes to job exp as I recall. So getting to 150/50 at the same time is even tougher. =/

And last time we complained about job exp table sucking, and how one should get job 50 at around 145 base on average... they simply added job manuals.. you know, like changing job exp table is sooooo impossible compared to it *cough base table up to 70 was halved at some event not long ago cough* *coughdoesntevenrequireHQcough*

#48 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

Welcome to the world of technology where things break. That is all.

#49 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

And last time we complained about job exp table sucking, and how one should get job 50 at around 145 base on average... they simply added job manuals.. you know, like changing job exp table is sooooo impossible compared to it *cough base table up to 70 was halved at some event not long ago cough* *coughdoesntevenrequireHQcough*

Actually, they had to ask for approval on changing the job exp table, and were declined.

#50 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

I remember when kRO got a patch that adjusted the EXP of monsters from lvl 50+... But I don't remember them decreasing the EXP, rather, monsters giving MORE exp. Maybe I've just missed a patch or something. Still, this, plus the disappointment that is the costume system...Bah.

I hope whatever quests and such iRO adds for this aren't just VIP nonsense, or more 400 monster turn ins that require a party. They're great and all, but the soloable default ones in eden HQ are great, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users