• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

Firstly hi and welcome to RO.
Ragnarok Online is a big confusing world for the new player, but with a little help getting immersed into Ragnarok life and knowing where to look for information, RO can grow to be an adventure for years and years to come!

Many RO players have played for years and are willing to share their knowledge and experience with new players, through both the forums and ingame.
Tis is a New Players section of the forums with many helpful guides on things such as money making, server differences and using the interface.
Try contacting someone on the Official Welcoming Committee for personal ingame help and support.

If you're more into finding out information for yourself, check out the iRO fansites.

For RENEWAL server "Chaos":
(If you were from Yggdrasil, Ymir and Valkyrie this is where you will find your characters)

iROwiki.org should be the first stop for almost any and every piece of information you should ever need to know.
The irowiki wiki covers everything from game mechanics to skills to quest guides.
The irowiki database contains monster data, map and item data. Use this to find out about monster drops and what weapons / elements to use for maximum combat efficiency.
There are also links to various tools and information sources to help build your character and forums packed with information.

Having trouble finding monsters to level on? Check out Doddler's site to look up monsters and level ranges.

For CLASSIC:
Try these resources!
iROwiki.org Classic Wiki
iROwiki Classic Database

Don't know how much to vend your drops for? Wondering if ~*-SsJNauRTO;;CHAN*~~'s vend is a good deal?
Search the market at http://ragial.com/market

Other useful links to know are

Ragnarok Online Twitter
https://twitter.com/...#!/playragnarok

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/playragnarok

Often; information about server downtime and maintenances are posted here, so they are worth keeping an eye on.

Hopefully this topic is of use to you, happy ragnaroking!

(anyone has any links etc to add, feel free to post)

Edited by Xellie, 09 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#2 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

+ 1

#3 montiblanc

montiblanc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

will prolly play a day or 2...starting in like half an hour..

edit: or so i thought untill pressing start lead to an antivirus removing an exe file saying it was behaving suspiciously -_-

Edited by montiblanc, 17 May 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#4 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Your AV is stupid as all hell then. Tell it to ignore the install file. Otherwise, get a better AV.

#5 montiblanc

montiblanc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

started playing since the problem went away a day or 2 ago ign same as forum name here

#6 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Have fun~ :p_idea:

#7 Ekittykat

Ekittykat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

I tried it, but... I don't know ><
I liked the DS game more.. i hope there will come out a new one D:

Whatever, it was kinda useful + 1

#8 dragonicknight

dragonicknight

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

hi i tried downloading the game and every time it ends it says cannot save due too insufficient permission. help!

#9 B3LLe09

B3LLe09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Is this guide applicable to classic too? Are the servers even the same when it comes to map and monsters and level guide :) It's my first time to R.O so a lot if confusing for me

#10 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

hi i tried downloading the game and every time it ends it says cannot save due too insufficient permission. help!

First: Where are you saving the file to?

Second: Are you using Internet Explorer or some other browser?

#11 Kytokinesis

Kytokinesis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hey I'm new to the game. Level 27 archer... I just don't know what to do really... I'm not quite powerful enough to venture far from Payon, and the Eden group quests seem worthless, as they don't offer much exp. Also, some of my skills are locked up until I complete a quest and it doesn't say what quest. I play on Valkryie and it doesn't seem like people like partying up much... Plus I don't even know how to invite people to party up with me... I'm kind of lost all-together and I'm not exactly sure what the point is or what I should be working towards >.<

#12 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

use the kafra services to teleport to prontera..there are loads of players in that city..u can find someone for party easily...to create party, type /organize partyname(no spaces while creating party name)..to invite players, rightclick on them and select invite..after inviting players, clickon party tab and check the party setup....to leave party type /leave..
Some attacks require u to complete a quest to get it unlocked..check archer class in irowiki..in the bottom, all attacks are mentiond..click on the quest attacks and u can see the quest..for lvl 27, try poison spores( near geffen)..eden quest are recommended as u get exp and red potions as reward(reduces expenses)..don't worry u'll get the hang of it..
My in game names:
Necro21(lvl 96 knight)
Necro22(lvl 24 aco(future monk)..
U can contact my either characters if u want help/party..

#13 Kytokinesis

Kytokinesis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks. Also, from an archer must I job change into hunter or can I go to sniper? I don't quite understand the "transcendent" system.

#14 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

the transcendent system was introduced few years back. It enables you to transform yourself into a much Higher, powerful class.
You cannot directly change from hunter to Sniper.But you can change from Hunter to Ranger( 3rd class) after reaching lvl 99.( not recommended)
This is how it works.:
Novice>Archer>Hunter. After reaching lvl 99, You can either turn into Ranger( not advised as you'll severly lack some gr8 skills which sniper has).
OR
After reaching lvl 99, You can change back to High Novice>High Archer>Sniper.
& After u reach lvl 99 as a Sniper u can change to Ranger(3rd class)..

#15 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hey I'm new to the game. Level 27 archer... I just don't know what to do really... I'm not quite powerful enough to venture far from Payon, and the Eden group quests seem worthless, as they don't offer much exp. Also, some of my skills are locked up until I complete a quest and it doesn't say what quest. I play on Valkryie and it doesn't seem like people like partying up much... Plus I don't even know how to invite people to party up with me... I'm kind of lost all-together and I'm not exactly sure what the point is or what I should be working towards >.<

All of the servers have a stigma, which is this:

If you don't have a 75+ character, you'll be looked over. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. No character is any good until they've gotten to at least their second class (Priest/Monk/Hunter/Assassin/Rogue/Crusader/Knight) and have some serious levels under them. Even Transcended Second classes will get looked over until they're above that 75 mark, and only at that point is it for TI's.

Stick with it, Hunter is a fun class to play. I've been playing one since just after this game came out (So almost 10 years ago). Sniper gets better and Ranger just gets out of control (everyone agree's that right now they are a bit over-powered). If you want to play in a party and want to be the most effective, keep going at what you're doing.

At 27, your best bet is to leave Payon. Move to Morroc. Go out the southern exit and look for an NPC on the western wall. She'll send you a map west. From there go north just a bit (stay on the same map) and enter what looks to be a hole in the ground. Kill Ant Eggs, there are so many that you should be fine exp wise. I'm not sure if you're able to kill the ants down there, but that should help get you some more levels. If you have Arrow Shower and a bow that is better than the starting one (Composite Bow or Crossbow) you should be able to kill several of the eggs in only one or two hits, which will net you some decent experience. Use the monster databases that people have linked in this thread. Try to keep killing things that are 15 levels higher than you are (or as close to it as possible) to get the most out of the experience adjustment as possible. Things will speed up the higher level you are, sooner or later it just comes down to how high you can get your attack speed to and how much damage you can put out per hit.

#16 IMLH

IMLH

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi. My in game id is Lord Hell and I am new here, although I played a private server in the past.

Hello everyone.

#17 Creatia

Creatia

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyern

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi my game id is Creatia. wish me luck this is the first time playing on this game. :thx:

#18 Creatia

Creatia

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyern

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

BTW any time you get a error:"cannot save due too insufficient permission" Check your administrative privileges!

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

Oh, I should update this for classic players hmmm... ok!

#20 Cochi

Cochi

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hi everyone i´m new and i hope to enjoy renewal! well actually i´m not new, i left about 2 years ago and i forgot almost everything important about the game. Plus i left before renewal so treat me as a padawan lol. I want to start again like every newbie out there so i deleted my main char (of course left the stuff in the storage) and im willing to make the new one. The problem is i don´t know what class to chose! because with the new class system it seems i have to plan the build and the way to reach the 3rd job even before creating a novice...so this is giving me a headache. The stat distribution, what skills are convenient in the future, etc, you know it is a bit complicated (i tell you, i´m a total noob so please don´t be mad)

Long story short, any advice? i plan to enjoy the adventure, so i don´t want to be like lvl 99 all at once. You know, usually when you like a game so much you plan on leveling fast, you look for a goal, (example being good at PvP) and don´t enjoy the process. Is not that i don´t like the game so badly, is mostly because i work and study so i think getting better gradually is my thing right now. Having this in mind you will notice i can´t depend on a guild, because i can´t log in all the time, so support classes are out of the question (also, i don´t like them so much). I´ve been thinking about gunslinger or Taekwon, i find them atractive, but some people told me the extended classes are difficult ones to begin with. I also didn´t want to make a thief class because i always chose assasins and similar when i play MMOs. Well as you can see i´m a mess so any help is welcome (builds, equip, etc)

That´s all for now. Sorry for writing so much :p_sad: , also my english is horrible , i hope you can understand. If you take the time to read this , :thx: i really appreciate it!

#21 BeastK

BeastK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hi everyone i´m new and i hope to enjoy renewal! well actually i´m not new, i left about 2 years ago and i forgot almost everything important about the game. Plus i left before renewal so treat me as a padawan lol. I want to start again like every newbie out there so i deleted my main char (of course left the stuff in the storage) and im willing to make the new one. The problem is i don´t know what class to chose! because with the new class system it seems i have to plan the build and the way to reach the 3rd job even before creating a novice...so this is giving me a headache. The stat distribution, what skills are convenient in the future, etc, you know it is a bit complicated (i tell you, i´m a total noob so please don´t be mad)

Long story short, any advice? i plan to enjoy the adventure, so i don´t want to be like lvl 99 all at once. You know, usually when you like a game so much you plan on leveling fast, you look for a goal, (example being good at PvP) and don´t enjoy the process. Is not that i don´t like the game so badly, is mostly because i work and study so i think getting better gradually is my thing right now. Having this in mind you will notice i can´t depend on a guild, because i can´t log in all the time, so support classes are out of the question (also, i don´t like them so much). I´ve been thinking about gunslinger or Taekwon, i find them atractive, but some people told me the extended classes are difficult ones to begin with. I also didn´t want to make a thief class because i always chose assasins and similar when i play MMOs. Well as you can see i´m a mess so any help is welcome (builds, equip, etc)

That´s all for now. Sorry for writing so much :p_sad: , also my english is horrible , i hope you can understand. If you take the time to read this , :thx: i really appreciate it!

Its unfortunate that you dont want to start as a thief. I've found them to be pretty easy to play when starting out and as a rogue, you could be getting decent zeny.
If you want, you could start out as an agi knight/swordsman. I myself, started the game using a swordsman which I found to be pretty good. And because I was agi based, I didn't seem to use SP items as much which would be nice for your funds. I recommend going str for damage, dex for hit (Around 60 dex) and agi for attack speed and flee (Flee = won't get hit = less HP potions :D).

If you wanted to level a bit faster though, I'd recommend being an archer-> hunter or playing as a ninja if you have a bit more zeny. Both of these classes seem to level extremely fast (Especially since ninja's can one hit kill almost everything up to about level 70~80 with minimal equips). The downfall is that you are required to buy arrows/kunais which can be costly if you don't have another character. For archers, I'd say of course to go for max dex, and either agi or int depending on if you plan to spam skills or ctrl click attacking.
Ninja build is quite simple. Because Throw Kunai would be your primary offensive skill, max str (Never misses so dex isn't required) and get either vit or int.

#22 Cochi

Cochi

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Its unfortunate that you dont want to start as a thief. I've found them to be pretty easy to play when starting out and as a rogue, you could be getting decent zeny.
If you want, you could start out as an agi knight/swordsman. I myself, started the game using a swordsman which I found to be pretty good. And because I was agi based, I didn't seem to use SP items as much which would be nice for your funds. I recommend going str for damage, dex for hit (Around 60 dex) and agi for attack speed and flee (Flee = won't get hit = less HP potions :D).

If you wanted to level a bit faster though, I'd recommend being an archer-> hunter or playing as a ninja if you have a bit more zeny. Both of these classes seem to level extremely fast (Especially since ninja's can one hit kill almost everything up to about level 70~80 with minimal equips). The downfall is that you are required to buy arrows/kunais which can be costly if you don't have another character. For archers, I'd say of course to go for max dex, and either agi or int depending on if you plan to spam skills or ctrl click attacking.
Ninja build is quite simple. Because Throw Kunai would be your primary offensive skill, max str (Never misses so dex isn't required) and get either vit or int.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. The thief issue: is not that i dont want to be a thief class, is that i want to try something different. I always avoid warrior like classes because in evry RPG i try to make a character with some characteristics of my personality and i dont feel like "a tank" if you know what i mean. (thats why i always chose assasin like classes, they are methodic, analytic, things that suit me best) I know this may sound extremely nerdy, but its true lol. Anyways i think i could give swordsman a try, who knows, maybe i end up liking them. You recomend rune knight line or royald guard line? If i have to chose i prefer the last one, but i dont know if it is more difficult to use.

About ninja and archer, they are interesting, but i think i will venture in that world later. I guess swordsman will be the way then (although i would like to try a mage class too...maybe i will think about it some time before start playing. God, what an indecisive guy i am... :p_sad: ) Again thanks for your help and sorry for my english!

#23 superbatman

superbatman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Rune Knight have More Offensive skills while Royal Guards have more defensive skills( they get better offensive skills at the end) ..Both have High HP & RG end up having more SP generally..
IMO, leveling up a Knight/Lord Knight is easy as you have loads of attacking options..but, Royal guards sprite looks way better than that fat dragon ass RK ..

#24 Cochi

Cochi

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Rune Knight have More Offensive skills while Royal Guards have more defensive skills( they get better offensive skills at the end) ..Both have High HP & RG end up having more SP generally..
IMO, leveling up a Knight/Lord Knight is easy as you have loads of attacking options..but, Royal guards sprite looks way better than that fat dragon ass RK ..

i made a character already, after doubting so much. I am a swordsman lvl 11 now, planning to be a rune knight. Thank you all for your help and support! now i will explore the world, wish me luck ^^

Edited by Cochi, 21 October 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#25 katcielo

katcielo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm new and I'm glad to be in this community.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hoping to meet new friends and learn lots out here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users