Attention! All Super Novices! (And Others) - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Attention! All Super Novices! (And Others)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#26 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

TBH if they do a Super Novice and Novice only WoE/Pvp event every week. I'd totally be happy with what we currently have now. In fact I'd start lvling right away. No need for other OP abilities if your only fighting other SNovices.

#27 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

If they can figure out how to have multiple different woe conditions running on different castles/realms, then yeah I would sign up for a novice woe guild. With the treasure update coming (aka random god pieces) it shouldnt matter if a particular castle is reserved for particular classes/conditions.

#28 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Greetings Everyone! Super Novice Players, 3rd Class, Trans Class whatever!

There has been a lot of issues coming from SNE- Super Novice Extended/Expansion (Or ESN) users about how SN/SNE are still Pre-renewal mechanics. Low HP/SP mods, weak and hard to level.

And so... In order to try and hope to have certain things changed around here for SNE to fit into Renewal, and above all, make them much more fun to play with... I made this thread.
As some on who mains a 150 Super Novice, I see this to be very important.
And so, the idea of this thread is to give your opinions on....

New Name...!?
-Personally, I like Master Novice. Sounds more epic than 'Hyper Novice'.

New Sprite...!?
-Perhaps give suggestions and ideas? Feel free to grab a paper and pencil and start sketching!
I'll also do the same when (if) I can.

HP/SP Mod...!?
How much HP/SP should SNE have? (w/ 1 vit)
Additionally... Shouldn't we get to keep our bonus, of 2,000 HP when reaching 99, when we go Expansion?
Currently... We get 21 HP per 1 vit. And I think 5HP per level.
What sort of mod increase would you want???

What should we get when we reach 150...!?
For starters, I bet most are thinking 'MORE BONUS HP!'. Which I agree with. But... What else!?

Gears...!?
Shoulnd't we be able to wear gears that don't apply an exclusion to 'Novice Classes'? (theres a difference between Novice and Novice Classes on gear restrictions)
Be able to wear the Ifrit Rings? (RoFL/RoR)

Be able to in link...!?
Gears worn during link will stay untill you die or relog (character screen)? And not if you change maps!?

Perhaps own our own Glorious set? =D

Well here are some ideas. The rest is up to you.
To all you Super 'Duper' Novice Players (and Other Classes)....

What Changes Would You Like?
What Are Your Ideas?

[I would Add a Poll, but cant! So just Just like my post and put <3 in your reply. ^_^]

Edit: I thought the same. I'd rather be a 99/99 SN with no Expansion if they don't have any changes. All they did is increase our base to go to 150, and picked crappy skills randomly for our 50 job skill tree. And that's it. Yet they focus so much on Ninja etc. What's the point giving us 150/50 if theres no proper change!!!

150 Epic PIMP Super Novice /grat

#29 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

@Morphine, what kind of gears? Be more creative and detailed! That is what this thread is for. For YOUR ideas. Like, New Armor with +10% HP, Mdef+10, Agi+2. Ya know?

xP LOL. Fine then.

Granny Panties [1] - Armor, Novice Class only, Req'd level 100; When equipped with Feather Boa [1], Max HP +4000, Max SP +800, Flee +30; If refined to +20, MAX HP +100000, All skills cost 1 SP. You heard me.
Tube Socks [1] - Footgear, Novice Class only, Req'd level 100; ATK +20, MATK +30; When refined to +7 or higher, adds a chance of casting Endure when attacked

The most fun part is picturing the outfit in your head. Go ahead and do that now. I'll wait.

#30 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I returned to RO to play a super novice, got it to 99, had horrid hp/sp, took in quest, killed 5 porings, then deleted super novice after realizing they'd never get any more love given the lack of attention they got for expanded super novice. Honestly, the class was poorly thought out and instead of becoming a nice addition to the game that's actually playable, its honestly just a slap on the wrist for super novice players. They pretty much gave us :bang: and said "Enjoy, we're so awesome!" I'm talking bout KRO here, not to be rude to our IRO buddies. But lets be honest, can IRO have enough influence to make KRO actually balance/remake/add skills/do something to super novices? I know we have gained some influence over the years, but even then, it feels like we have little power to actually change game mechanics. I would just like to know its not a waste of time attempting to make changes to a game mechanic/character that should have been implemented in the first place.

#31 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

super novices are a novelty class, meant to be a challenge for extremist players who chose to stay as novices for their main char, etc.

SUPER NOVICES WERE GIVEN AN EXPANSION TO 150, NOT A NEW CLASS.

IT IS NOT A NEW JOB CLASS

Don't like the challenge? don't play. Simple enough. I will congratulate the real super novice players who actually 150 it without turn ins :P

Novice->Super Novice wasnt just about "challenge" and "extreme", if people wanted that they would level normal Novices to 99 (and a small minority actually does, that's the playerbase you think it's targeting...), a big part about it was the lol-aspect of combining a big selection of skills otherwise not possible.
Super Novice->Still Super Novice is like you said, not a new class, one could argue it doesn't even deserve to be called an expansion.

But it doesn't have to be that way.

I don't like the "challenge" so I won't play, but you're missing the point of this whole thread, which is that it could be quite fun without much work at all.

Its not a new job class... well guess what. people want a new job class not this crap.

#32 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Spoiler

No need to get technical or be a smartass. It's a suggestion which I like. That's all there is to it.

Super Novice is like playing Counter Strike with a Knife while trying to kill people with AWM/P (1 shot sniper rifles).

Please keep such comments out of the thread. It's not relevant.
Thank you.

super novices are a novelty class, meant to be a challenge for extremist players who chose to stay as novices for their main char, etc.

Spoiler

Please keep your trolling somewhere else. Either follow the topic, or don't post at all.
I'll congratulate the real 3rd class player who actually 150s without turn ins.
Thank you.

150 Epic PIMP Super Novice /grat

Loool Hayroh xD Thanks.

xP LOL. Fine then.

Granny Panties [1] - Armor, Novice Class only, Req'd level 100; When equipped with Feather Boa [1], Max HP +4000, Max SP +800, Flee +30; If refined to +20, MAX HP +100000, All skills cost 1 SP. You heard me.
Tube Socks [1] - Footgear, Novice Class only, Req'd level 100; ATK +20, MATK +30; When refined to +7 or higher, adds a chance of casting Endure when attacked

The most fun part is picturing the outfit in your head. Go ahead and do that now. I'll wait.

Hahaha. I was hoping for a more serious answer. o_O

@Hrothmud - Thank you for your reply. =)

Was discussing about SNs, HP and gears with friend till we realised... Baby 3rd Class don't go through trans... yet they can go to 150 and wear Trans gears.... WHY CAN'T WE!?

Edited by MrKisuke, 15 November 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#33 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

Was discussing about SNs, HP and gears with friend till we realised... Baby 3rd Class don't go through trans... yet they can go to 150 and wear Trans gears.... WHY CAN'T WE!?

Neither do Kagerou/Oboro :P
They should sort that crap out, either actually make it trans only or make anyone above 99 be able to equip trans specific stuff.
They'll probably simply make plenty new equip for the ninjas and any classes to follow instead of bothering with this.

#34 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

I SUPPORT THE STICK! <3

Also, Super Novices do need a fix. They have plenty of nonsense they could remove and replace in the SN skill tree. That would not only be more useful... But at the very least give a better variety. As a INT lover... I would LOVE to see more AOE skills. Instead it appears what SN's do have available is a complete joke. The HP pool is redundant, and they did not gain a wider range of gear. (The third class babies was a perfect example!) Hell, I can't even put the "useless" yet cute non stat gear on if I wanted to! For example: Romantic flower. I MEAN, COME ON! It's only a flower, what's it gonna do? Is it just too fragrant for the likes of SN? /sarcasm. And BTW, Novice -> Super Novice - > Super Novice... That isn't precisely a class progression. All of the third classes, obtained a new sprite along with a new class name. But Super Novices got ripped off in that category. =/

So my plea for Super Novices is definitely a request for a revamp!

#35 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

my hope (and i know its a very far fetched one) is that they gave someone 30 mins to slap together some skills and just expand the job out to 150/50 (again 30mins to just copy the standard 3rd job exp tables instead of SN specific ones like last time) and that the REASON they did this, is to allow us to at least get a headstart if we want to so that when the REAL expanded super novice class is released, we can just skill/stat reset and be like level 105/10 instead of 99/99.

I guess the silver lining here at least is super novices can take part in TI's (if ppl are feeling chartiable) whereas other servers they really are stuck once they outlevel magmarings or something.

Just give them all 2nd class skills (no trans, no 'redundant' ones that can't be used due to illegal equips) and be done with it. oh and keep the +2000/100(?) hp/sp bonus for reaching 99. Its just a massive slap in the face to remove that and give it back at 150.

Also if its possible remove exp scaling for super novice class. They are novices after all.

Edited by Hrothmund, 15 November 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#36 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Seriously give SN Woe already.

Healer novices
Precaster Novices
Melee dps Novices

How can it possibly be anything but mega win

#37 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

They really do need to rethink the Super Novice Expansion. I wouldn't mind trying to do some sketches for a new outfit or something.

#38 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

my hope (and i know its a very far fetched one) is that they gave someone 30 mins to slap together some skills and just expand the job out to 150/50 (again 30mins to just copy the standard 3rd job exp tables instead of SN specific ones like last time) and that the REASON they did this, is to allow us to at least get a headstart if we want to so that when the REAL expanded super novice class is released, we can just skill/stat reset and be like level 105/10 instead of 99/99.

I guess the silver lining here at least is super novices can take part in TI's (if ppl are feeling chartiable) whereas other servers they really are stuck once they outlevel magmarings or something.

Just give them all 2nd class skills (no trans, no 'redundant' ones that can't be used due to illegal equips) and be done with it. oh and keep the +2000/100(?) hp/sp bonus for reaching 99. Its just a massive slap in the face to remove that and give it back at 150.

Also if its possible remove exp scaling for super novice class. They are novices after all.

The first part is true.
Second part? I highly doubt they planned on adding stuff later.
And yeah, it's hard to level.
Also, you get nothing for hitting 150.

Seriously give SN Woe already.

Healer novices
Precaster Novices
Melee dps Novices

How can it possibly be anything but mega win

SN Only Woe would be soooooo awesome and epic fun!

They really do need to rethink the Super Novice Expansion. I wouldn't mind trying to do some sketches for a new outfit or something.

That would be so pro of you. Would be very grateful if you could! (If you have the time etc) <3

#39 iamcalvinlau

iamcalvinlau

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Give them bows. It's not like bows are dominant in any sense even in the hands of the class meant to use them..

#40 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

wait so super novices that choose to level to 150 lose their +2k HP bonus at 99 permanently? so a 99 novice would have higher hp than a 150 one? lol . . .

Also on the bow thing, it was more about novices not being able to use any 2H weapons. notice they dont get the swordy 2H skills either. I guess they overlooked that with the soullink buff since apparently they can use stuff like hurricane fury.

Edited by Hrothmund, 15 November 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#41 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

wait so super novices that choose to level to 150 lose their +2k HP bonus at 99 permanently? so a 99 novice would have higher hp than a 150 one? lol . . .

Also on the bow thing, it was more about novices not being able to use any 2H weapons. notice they dont get the swordy 2H skills either. I guess they overlooked that with the soullink buff since apparently they can use stuff like hurricane fury.

Refer to the OP.

Also, need more supporters! Please spread this thread around!
Thanks.

#42 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

And now I went reading Clogon's post again. So many lacking skills the novices could have... Hindsight would be cool~~~~~~~

Seriously. If really one transclass skill was needed in the super novice... Why not Double Bolt instead of Stave Crasher?

#43 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Need the thread to always be on the first page!

#44 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Neither do Kagerou/Oboro :P
They should sort that crap out, either actually make it trans only or make anyone above 99 be able to equip trans specific stuff.
They'll probably simply make plenty new equip for the ninjas and any classes to follow instead of bothering with this.

SN/kagerou/Oboro arent restricted from wearing trans gears because they're not trans, its because ALL trans gears have standard 1st/2nd job requirements like 2-1 or 2-2 etc. Seriously, a trans novice cannot wear *any* trans gears.

Still, novices at least can use any headgear, any weapon, have an incredible shield purchasable from NPC, can use asprika or -30% neutral garment (Ray npc garb) and i guess Bryn, but thats out of most peoples price range (asprika isnt). Maybe the backpack[1] garment will be wearable for all classes including novices.

I know wanting new gears is possibly a big request, and kRO probably takes into consideration the class spread on their servers when deciding when something gets an update. I think a good compromise would be letting SN's either use BG medals or KVM rings, or both. I think just giving SN's access to ALL classes BG medals would satisfy a lot of issues, namely the tiny HP pool.

Still not going to be killing scarabs (at least not easily) but then you never really saw SN's in ID3 or thors pre-re anyway. I lvled mine on petites mostly when i played it.

Edited by Hrothmund, 18 November 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#45 Resumirres

Resumirres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Well, when i realize there would be an expansion for super novice, i really expected mostly of the 2nd class skills, but this, damn. Putting all the skills would make the super novices overpowered?, i don't think so.
Back the pre-renewal a super novice could kill at least some of the 2nd trascendent jobs, i mean, putting a scale would be like:
2nd trascendent 10/10
Super Novices 7/10 or something like that.

But now, i think a super novice will barely kill something. 3rd classes have more hp, have more equipment, have more skills, and these skills are powerful. So, now, its like:
3rd Class 10/10
Super Novices 2/10.

I know that a super novice its an expanded class, and the main classes always have to be the main classes, but, this is a joke. This things REALLY needs a change to set the things back to 7/10 from main classes.

Oh well and there are a few disadvantages being an expanded super novice like:
-You lose the 2k hp bonus from lv 99 super novice.
-The effects from Lude/Quve card combo (Endure and agi up) doesn't work. (Damn i do really need the endure effect).
-The Exp chart its the same as 3rd jobs !!! (Seriously?!).
-You lose the +5 stat bonus from job.. and.. for getting those again.. you know about 3rd class job levels. :D
-You have to relog every time you get a bunches of super novice spirit to get the +10 stat bonus.
-You don't have the skills for killing high level monsters, well you can kill something, but extremely slow and hard.

Well, I am actually having a good time with my super novice, right now killing in abyss with water ball, i DO level up with turn ins, for that person that expects someone to level a super novice without this: are you serious?.. :D having turn ins is actually difficult to level, cause a party not always want a super novice.. i mean.. never!, all the people thinks that a super novice its useless, but this is wrong, the people who play bad a super novice its useless, you have to find the way to be useful, even with this -_- skills, but this really needs a change. :blah:
I can say that i am really useful(Support), and there are people that knows me and knows how i play, and they say so, not only me. ;)
You better congrat people who level to 150 a main class without turn ins.

I really expected breaking the level limit of a super novice from 99/99 to 150/150, for getting the job level same as base as the original super novice :P ,the +5 bonus going to +10 bonus and lots of 2nd class skills :mwahaha: , but i am really dissapointed :wave: .

Now, no bonus, NOTHING at 150?. Some suggestions:
-Along with 2k hp bonus from 99, 4k hp more at 150, making this a 6k hp bonus, and hp should be affected by vit, so more hp. A sp bonus would be great too.
-I really want another "super novice secret" for expanded super novices. (A revamped angel :) )
-Getting more skills: this would be at job 50, the skill tree would expand more and some extra skill points for use in those skills.

Other suggestions:
-An expanded super novice equipment set.
-Maybe another card combo?.
-Special accesories for expanded super novices.

And of course, another sprite and name.
Another casting/attacking/sit pose would be great too ;)

Well, I'm thinking now more things.

Greetings!.

#46 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

i might be able to find sometime to translate this to Korean and maybe send it to kRo dev team.

#47 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

i might be able to find sometime to translate this to Korean and maybe send it to kRo dev team.

Please do.
I would love you foreverrrrrrrr~ <333333

#48 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Why not Double Bolt instead of Stave Crasher?

<.< Seriously. ;/

#49 Sorawit27

Sorawit27

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hello, I'm new to this forum.(I'm Thai)I'm playing as a Super Novice Extended Level 101 in tRO(Thai Ragnarok Online). I agree with many people that posted in this topic SNE isn't powerful and efficient enough. I would like to share some of my opinions.
1. SNE doesn't have group skills. It's hard to level because in tRO, players usually go into dungeons with a lot of monster. It's TOO slow to kill the monsters one by one. I need some skills like Storm Gust or Lord of Vermillion. Level 5 maximum with an extra quest will be fine.
2. Max HP. Yes, there's not enough to compete with other players in PVP, no chance in WoE. Also, the SP is also TOOOOO low to play magic(wizard)SN.
3.The EXP table. This job is not same with Main third jobs. It's very hard to level with THESE skills. It's too hard for a novelty job, as they say, to get to 150. Third jobs aren't easy to get to 150. How about SNE?
4. New equipments. With the Angelic set from Miniboss(es), it isn't good enough to compare to other jobs(and new weapons).

I'm sorry if you guys don't like my opinions, and sorry about my grammar and vocab(I'm Thai). I will be really, really appreciate if one of you guys translate our opinions into Korean and send it to kRO developers like the comment above.
Thanks.

#50 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

I had one who joined me at Juperos TI and all they do is kiss the floor dead 90% of the time making our ABs waste so many bgems.

Alot of players of 3rd classes are like that these days. When i went to juperos i outhealed ABs, sanced, pneuma, healed and actually had to res some ppl with leafs.

-------------------

I think they should either keep their 2k 99 hp bonus or get a bigger one at 150. I wear god items on my SN and seldom have sp issues so i do find it silly they can wear megs, bryn, sleip etc but not use standard gears that everyone under 99 can wear. There is some powerful super novice gear like the novie manteau which gives 10% more neutral resist and the shield which reduces all elements other than neutral by 20%. The hypno staff should get a buff so it is on par with its previous form like someone mentioned.

The link unequips your gear when you change map... they should just let you keep wearing it... when doing turn ins it is highly inconvenient to get your linker there and not feasible to re-link yourself in the middle of a party.

Skill wise i think they should allow SN to use most of the skills except ones with class specific gear that novie can't use. As an aco type i could help out more with mag, aspersio, lex, kirie. Would love SG too. They also need to increase the number of job skill points to 70 or something. Endows would also be an awesome idea. They could also make some skill where there is 2 SN in party that increases the sp recovery of everyone by a certain amount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users