[Archived] COMMON ISSUES: Cannot init d3d, C_IsSteam, Graphics issue, AI ERRORs - Page 4 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] COMMON ISSUES: Cannot init d3d, C_IsSteam, Graphics issue, AI ERRORs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#76 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Okay, so I played with the compatiablity. and it works, awesome! but onething that bugs me is that... I want ot play this with full screen with res... so i don't have to squint my eye.... help with that?

Full Screen gets miserable frame rates on Win8 (or so i'm told - I've got until the release of the Zenbook Infinity in a few months before I have to deal with win8)

You can increase the resolution that the game runs at (in setup) - in windowed mode, that will give you a larger window (instead of stretching to fit like it would in full-screen)

#77 Jairyoku

Jairyoku

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

Full Screen gets miserable frame rates on Win8 (or so i'm told - I've got until the release of the Zenbook Infinity in a few months before I have to deal with win8)

You can increase the resolution that the game runs at (in setup) - in windowed mode, that will give you a larger window (instead of stretching to fit like it would in full-screen)

Btw, I don't know where to go to fix that, because I downloaded the manual patch, and i did the set up there, but idk where to find for this one since I dled the 1.6gb one... I tried to find the folder for it, but i couldn't find it Y_Y

#78 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

When I say "setup", I'm talking about the same program we were talking about earlier, the one called "setup" in the RO folder.

That has a dropdown menu to set the game resolution

#79 aomitch

aomitch

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Time of this report: 7/8/2013, 15:08:16
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/31/12 09:44:39 Ver: 7.11
          Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7606MB RAM
          Page File: 3069MB used, 10082MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
   User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

-- As you can see I have DirectX Installed (and working as intended) just fine, as well as the latest graphic drivers for my computer, and am still getting this error. I also get an error before the d3d cannot init, error. It tells me that: The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll. FYI: I have already installed the latest WDK, and SDK from microsoft. Any ideas and help are appreciated. Thanks.

#80 aomitch

aomitch

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

Anyone?

#81 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Time of this report: 7/8/2013, 15:08:16
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/31/12 09:44:39 Ver: 7.11
          Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7606MB RAM
          Page File: 3069MB used, 10082MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
   User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

-- As you can see I have DirectX Installed (and working as intended) just fine, as well as the latest graphic drivers for my computer, and am still getting this error. I also get an error before the d3d cannot init, error. It tells me that: The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll. FYI: I have already installed the latest WDK, and SDK from microsoft. Any ideas and help are appreciated. Thanks.

Rightclick Setup in your RO folder and choose Run as Admin, and check that both of the top two menus have something selected. 

If they do not, select a graphics mode and resolution. 

If there are no options, either graphics drivers or DirectX are not installed correctly, OR you need to play with compatibility settings for that setup program until you get options in those top two menus (usually this is not required on Win7, only Win8)

I don't know the fix for the MiniDumpWriteDump error, but I'm hoping that will go away if the graphics problem is fixed. 

#82 aomitch

aomitch

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

@DrAzzy,

I have already tried running as admin, and compatibility -- those are usually the first things I do when things go wrong. Both my Graphics Drivers as well as DirectX are installed correctly (and have also been re-installed and updated several times just incase.) with no luck at all. Still getting these errors, I might just uninstall ragnarok period. I wanted to play again, but it's not worth all this hassle. I spent a few hours on google finding reasons for MiniDumpWriteDump and it looks like it has to do with microsoft's SDK/WDK files (Which have also been installed and re-installed to no avail). So i'm clueless as to what is going wrong. -- Anyway, thanks for the information.

#83 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

@DrAzzy,

I have already tried running as admin, and compatibility -- those are usually the first things I do when things go wrong. Both my Graphics Drivers as well as DirectX are installed correctly (and have also been re-installed and updated several times just incase.) with no luck at all. Still getting these errors, I might just uninstall ragnarok period. I wanted to play again, but it's not worth all this hassle. I spent a few hours on google finding reasons for MiniDumpWriteDump and it looks like it has to do with microsoft's SDK/WDK files (Which have also been installed and re-installed to no avail). So i'm clueless as to what is going wrong. -- Anyway, thanks for the information.

Rightclick Setup in your RO folder and choose Run as Admin, and check that both of the top two menus have something selected. 

Have you done this? 

What were the results? Is something listed in those top two menus? If not, are there any options in those menus?

#84 BlondyElmo

BlondyElmo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Have you done this? 

What were the results? Is something listed in those top two menus? If not, are there any options in those menus?

hey there drazzy last night i had an update for win 8 to win 8.1. Before that update i could play raganrok online, now after update i am not able to play. Everything is installed perfectly, i even reinstalled drivers and still have the problem. Don't see the list of the two top menus. Even played with compatibilities as administrator,

#85 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

hey there drazzy last night i had an update for win 8 to win 8.1. Before that update i could play raganrok online, now after update i am not able to play. Everything is installed perfectly, i even reinstalled drivers and still have the problem. Don't see the list of the two top menus. Even played with compatibilities as administrator,

I don't know what to try. You are setting the compatibility modes of the Setup program, not just the game, right? 

I don't have anything running win 8.1 yet (won't for exactly 1 month more), so I don't have any experience with this, and I haven't heard anyone else reporting that 8.1 behaves differently than 8 for RO. 

#86 BlondyElmo

BlondyElmo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

yes i did on the setup thingy, i gues i go figure out how to downgrade to 8 again, since well i have found a way to get online but that is really laggy and not playable; setting off my vidcard

#87 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

yes i did on the setup thingy, i gues i go figure out how to downgrade to 8 again, since well i have found a way to get online but that is really laggy and not playable; setting off my vidcard

Huh? What method is this that you used?

(also - don't try to use full screen, if you're doing so - it typically gives very poor performance on Win8/8.1)

Wasn't there a replacement for the setup program that worked better?

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 November 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#88 BlondyElmo

BlondyElmo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

i was in device managment and put of my vid card :) the none super nerd of computers tells something to a master lol.

Don't have lots of experience in programming but i was able to fix it that way:O wow i am better then i thaught lol

But like i said with no vid card on it wasn't really playable so downgrading is the best i suppose

#89 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm amazed it started at all with the graphics card disabled! 

I'm not amazed that the performance was miserable though. 

I would hold off before downgrading, win 8.1 is a big enough update that you probably want it... I wonder if manually editing the settings file will get you a working client (in some cases it has worked for people who couldn't get setup to work with the usual tricks). I don't have the files handy to examine atm though (at work). 

#90 BlondyElmo

BlondyElmo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

well like i explained i am not a real computer geek, so i dunno what you are talking about. I downgraded well i think i did to win 8 again and it works properly again:)

So i am happy again:)

#91 darrel13

darrel13

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Please help me i am still getting the C_iSsteam  error even i did the instruction above

can someone help me how to solve this. 

#92 Kyla

Kyla

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

So I have the "cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem" error. I have Windows 7 64-bit. Going through all possible solutions available online, I've confirmed I have the latest display drivers, ran dxdiag with no problems and confirmed all accelerations are enabled for both 32-bit and 64-bit. I fixed the separate MiniDumpWriteDump issue by replacing my dbghelp.dll file with the downloaded file as suggested in one of the previous posts to this thread. Now I'm down to I CAN choose my setup.exe settings for both Graphics and Screen Size, but I'm still getting the same "cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem" error. I tried all combinations of choosing either of my two graphic drivers and all available resolutions as well as checked/unchecked full screen option. I also tried to set compatibility settings backwards from Vista and Vista SP1/SP2, and XP SP2/SP3 to no avail. I also moved my installed RO to C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online instead of under Program Files.

I used to be able to play Ragnarok in this PC and am now just getting back to it after a couple of years. Can anyone please let me know if I'm missing anything else aside from the last resort upgrading of my video card?

Thanks so much!

#93 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

Are you running setup as admin? Try doing that

#94 Hitoruki

Hitoruki

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

Hope im in the right section. DrAzzy msg me in game and told me to post here sometime last month about a Homun AI glitch i had. and i finally got it to re-propagate as the problem had vanished. 

AI Issue 1. when casting Pain killer From my Flir/Sera Homun on self it comes up with a code it still manages to cast pk on me IF im not rebuffing manually. i use it for tanking ALOT so refreshing the buff before it runs out is a must.

the code was:

./AI/user-AI/Azzyutil.lua:1376: attempt to concatenate local 'alt' (a nil value) 

what happened? its only done it since about 3 patches back maybe 4 now.

AI Issue 2. there was another code but that seems to have bin fixed when i re downloaded and got rid of my coustom tatcic mvp's list

however the code was 

./AI/user-AI/Azzyutil.lua: 744 bad argument #2 to 'getV' (number expected, got nil)

also when trying to cast pain killer skill on self.

the issue seems to start with it not casting PK at all... then after removing the friends save azzy alt in the auto PK list it seems to let it auto cast on me but not manually select self. only others, in both instances.
Thanks.
Mad~Potter

#95 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Hope im in the right section. DrAzzy msg me in game and told me to post here sometime last month about a Homun AI glitch i had. and i finally got it to re-propagate as the problem had vanished. 

AI Issue 1. when casting Pain killer From my Flir/Sera Homun on self it comes up with a code it still manages to cast pk on me IF im not rebuffing manually. i use it for tanking ALOT so refreshing the buff before it runs out is a must.

the code was:

./AI/user-AI/Azzyutil.lua:1376: attempt to concatenate local 'alt' (a nil value) 

what happened? its only done it since about 3 patches back maybe 4 now.

AI Issue 2. there was another code but that seems to have bin fixed when i re downloaded and got rid of my coustom tatcic mvp's list

however the code was 

./AI/user-AI/Azzyutil.lua: 744 bad argument #2 to 'getV' (number expected, got nil)

also when trying to cast pain killer skill on self.

the issue seems to start with it not casting PK at all... then after removing the friends save azzy alt in the auto PK list it seems to let it auto cast on me but not manually select self. only others, in both instances.
Thanks.
Mad~Potter

These errors are both kitting problems with the AzzyAI+DefaultAI (it had the 1.550 version instead of 1.551 version of AzzyUtil.lua, hence the 1.550 bugs) - they were present for a while, but I only got that error and the accompanying AAIStartH.txt a few days ago, and fixed the kit at that time.

For best responses, you want to post in the AI section http://forums.warppo...s-headquarters/ - that's where I'm likely to see it fastest, and respond within a day instead of within a week+

Edited by DrAzzy, 11 February 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#96 oyental

oyental

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

Client file error : sprite etc.... How to fix this -_-!

#97 carnage777

carnage777

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:57 PM

how about d3d sprite error everytime I click that vit and str biscuit stick in my ranger inventory.. I can still play the game smoothly if I don't click that item but I want to get rid of it already in my inventory.

#98 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

how about d3d sprite error everytime I click that vit and str biscuit stick in my ranger inventory.. I can still play the game smoothly if I don't click that item but I want to get rid of it already in my inventory.

You should send a support ticket and request removal of the biscuit sticks. Added a notice regarding the items on Trello.

#99 edwardismyname

edwardismyname

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

Good day, I also having a problem, I can't open my Ragnarok, because every time I'm trying to open it, an error will appear. Then after that Ragnarok will automatically close. I have an SS (Screen Shot). This is the error. Spr :: Cannot fine File : sprite\$%^*&^&*^%$%@$!!!#$.spr something like that. Then I can open some of my characters, but that error always appearing so many times and after that Disconnected again. I can't play IRO because of that sprite error.

http://imgur.com/a/VUsIX

Edited by edwardismyname, 28 October 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#100 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:10 AM

Good day, I also having a problem, I can't open my Ragnarok, because every time I'm trying to open it, an error will appear. Then after that Ragnarok will automatically close. I have an SS (Screen Shot) but I can't Paste it here. This is the error. Spr :: Cannot fine File : sprite\$%^*&^&*^%$%@$!!!#$.spr something like that. Then I can open some of my characters, but that error always appearing so many times and after that Disconnected again. I can't play IRO because of that sprite error.

Please upload the sprite error screenshot to imgur and link it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users