Thanksgiving week Maintenance! - Page 5 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Thanksgiving week Maintenance!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
315 replies to this topic

#101 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

OK ragial have permision from gms, that means that they wont be removed, ITS OK?

#102 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

http://blackrabbit29...events-and.html

Ragnarok Online Lucky Box Events and Event Items Guide by DrAzzy
Stylish Hat Box Event 600 premium 750 valk 3/17/09-3/31/09

Takius Blinder {rare}
Koneko Hat
Rideword Hat
Dress Hat
Pisces Crown
Pisces Diadem
At end of event (on loki): koneko 1.5-2m, Pisces Crown 150k, diadem 500k or less, dress hat 6-7m, takius 15mish, rideword 3-4m

Takius was the "premium" headgear in this case.

This is where RWH's came from, btw. And they were not intended to be HUGE or expensive as they are now. For everyone saying that this is a premium item, your argument is invalid. Just because YOU paid 600M+ for yours doesn't make it premium--it makes it a luxury item for the rich/veteran players from way back when. (from 2009)

Sometimes people need to realize that every single MMO has rare and very steeply values gears. Just because it gets expensive, it doesn't mean to re-release. It's a shame that's how things work around here, really. So in other words, I'm not taking sides on this debate: RWH re-release or not.

Both sides of the argument are pretty false. "RWH is a premium item" "RWH is something everyone needs--it's just for PVM". I agree with neither.

Wrong on so many levels :angel:

Firstly that box was the equivilent of the recent hat box, so effectively everything in it was premium. Secondly it was pre-renewal, back when +2 int mid-gear was incredibly useful as the alternative was a pair of 3bil sunglasses. Next up, it was before rideword hat got buffed! Next up, leveling styles pre-renewal didnt support mobbing, and a non-upgraded rideword hat had basically no place in thors/bio3/ID3/anubus.

I do agree with the "non-rerelease" thing for kawaii or semi but not overly useful gears. You can't do that with gears that are more or less essential for leveling in a game. Imagine if KVM weapons were a "limited release" item? would it be fair to tell new players they could never have one as they missed out?

Edited by Hrothmund, 22 November 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#103 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

All it takes is Gravity sending a C&D.

They have permission to do what they are doing.

OK ragial have permision from gms, that means that they wont be removed, ITS OK?

Bluntly, what is the point you're trying to make?

#104 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

They have permission to do what they are doing.

Bluntly, what is the point you're trying to make?

if you read, the people its making whole super drama about if ragial will be removed by the kafra catalog item, and i point that i dont think so, gms cant be that bad......

#105 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Wrong on so many levels :rofl:

Firstly that box was the equivilent of the recent hat box, so effectively everything in it was premium. Secondly it was pre-renewal, back when +2 int mid-gear was incredibly useful as the alternative was a pair of 3bil sunglasses. Next up, it was before rideword hat got buffed! Next up, leveling styles pre-renewal didnt support mobbing, and a non-upgraded rideword hat had basically no place in thors/bio3/ID3/anubus.

This was how it was released, and it being buffed means nothing on how it was released.
It's not a "premium" or super rare headgear from the beginning.

It doesn't matter about the uses of the hat. This is where it came from, and this was its worth then.
So having it in a hat box, instead of some S class item in a lucky box seems more fitting to this headgear.

I'm not taking sides but I am stating facts aside from my views on how the headgear should (if it were) be re-introduced.
Dunno why you're talking about slotted sunnies? Pre-renewal or not, this is where it came from, and how it was introduced.
Hrothmund sometimes you can be the dumbest critic ever. XD

I do agree with the "non-rerelease" thing for kawaii or semi but not overly useful gears. You can't do that with gears that are more or less essential for leveling in a game. Imagine if KVM weapons were a "limited release" item? would it be fair to tell new players they could never have one as they missed out?

RWH is NOT essential for leveling in the game. I thought you said it was a premium item? So why should EVERYONE have it?
You're not making sense. At all. If KVM weapons were limited... oh wait... they WERE. Not everyone had them. Players farmed for almost a year to get their badges... but no. KVM weapons are being handed out like candy right now, and their upgrades to +9-10 as well. You wanna bring that into this then go right ahead, but it only stands to prove that RWH should remain as limited as it is. Look what happened when everyone got KVM. However, They are in a different league due to areas of gameplay, so you cannot exactly compare the two.

And yes, that's part of an MMO, Hrothmund. Newer players miss out on older events and items.
That's how it works. Because it marks older players with a time stamp just by having a certain item. Rarity is something that the newer players look up to and hope to have one day. You go handing it out like it's nothing and guess what? It's not rare anymore. It's worthless, and players will come to find that spending 60$ on a lucky box is a waste of time because soon, that item will flood into the market again and theirs will become worthless.

You just don't seem to get it. You can't just accelerate a game so newer players can catch up by using a Cash shop-- it takes away from the game and it takes away from the older players. It also spoils newer players who will not know what to do without it. Maps are empty everywhere. Nobody farms anything. Who needs to? Just buy Kafra :angel: and upgrade it, sell it, and get rich... oh, until they re-release your most valued items and you're SOL.

Stupid.

Edited by Okii, 22 November 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#106 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

if you read, the people its making whole super drama about if ragial will be removed by the kafra catalog item, and i point that i dont think so, gms cant be that bad......

what?

#107 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Those enriched "hoarders" might actually benefit, because of this:
My link
A free chance to get a +9 for hoarding...wish I did that now.
Wonder how many weeks/months it'll take for them to put in a safe to +10 cert :angel:

I'm glad they put scarab1 in this week. Just have to hope for scarab2 next week to get more 150s :rofl:

#108 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Maintenance for November 22.

What price would that convenience be worth to you? We are still discussing pricing on that one.

VIP?

#109 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Looks good! The 50 boxes of manuals sound great, that should drive the price on the street down a bit on those items. Looking forward to the scarab TI too!

If possible please consider making the turkey day quest repeatable (if its an exp quest). Now that there are kill count turn ins all the time I don't think a repeatable holiday exp quest will break the game. But this way people who often have trouble finding a big enough chunk of time to find a party and do a whole TI can really get some good work done on a specific character.

#110 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

I'm expecting at least 5, no wait, 12 QQ threads when Rideword's in the groovy.

#111 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

well if rideword does or doesnt get put in oh well it doesnt really matter because everytime there is a ? about what should be put in alot of people will ask for rideword so i think in time we will see it in kafra shop by itself or in a box.

On another note i didnt know the premium catalogue could be used 10 times on a single scroll, that is a good thing and yes it would be worth 100 points but making it maybe 50 points would increase sales of them.

Is it me or have people been seeing a increase of new players that are just getting fed up with the game to fast?

#112 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

1 Premium Catalog disappears on use and brings up a search window that lasts for 10 valid item search. If you close the window you'll have to use another catalog.

#113 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

well if rideword does or doesnt get put in oh well it doesnt really matter because everytime there is a ? about what should be put in alot of people will ask for rideword so i think in time we will see it in kafra shop by itself or in a box.

On another note i didnt know the premium catalogue could be used 10 times on a single scroll, that is a good thing and yes it would be worth 100 points but making it maybe 50 points would increase sales of them.

Is it me or have people been seeing a increase of new players that are just getting fed up with the game to fast?

Not just you, and it's because everything's become so fast paced that there's no way for players that are genuinely new to keep up with their character's growth. you have to use outside sources to learn about the game--if you ask people about things they redirect you to some outside source, Maps are empty, MVP's are everywhere and killing newer players(DB summons too), Kafra is an obvious must for getting to the top in this game now, the community is fairly negative about their own views on Gravity (not RO, just Gravity) so that transfers onto the newer players, bots everywhere, inflation, MVPing is supposed to be memorable/profitable but it isn't, ticket system is extremely slow/unresponsive, services take days and replies to tickets do as well, etc etc etc. The list literally goes on and on.

Idk though, despite all this, I stuck around. RO has it's good sides but it just seems that everything is going in a weird direction. Seems to me that Kafra is taking over the game.

Edited by Okii, 22 November 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#114 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Groove Pack is coming back..nice,But heim is there any bonus from it if purchace again?.like before? buy 1 take1 bb or cert something like that?.well its good to have extra bonus...

#115 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

1 Premium Catalog disappears on use and brings up a search window that lasts for 10 valid item search. If you close the window you'll have to use another catalog.

Why not just make an item with 100 uses then?
(aka 100 of a "search scroll") that way people don't have to "waste" a 'scroll' for 1 search.

#116 ShobaiK

ShobaiK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Why not just make an item with 100 uses then?
(aka 100 of a "search scroll") that way people don't have to "waste" a 'scroll' for 1 search.

This is what i'm thinking as well.

If closing the window disrupts the usage of the remaining searches, people are going to waste them often.

#117 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Idk though, despite all this, I stuck around. RO has it's good sides but it just seems that everything is going in a weird direction. Seems to me that Kafra is taking over the game.

Same here. I don't like to let the actions undertaken by the management disrupt my enjoyment of the game, and these days that's a wise mindset to have for any MMO player. The MMO market is a hugely competitive one and even though most companies who run the games are often more concerned with money than their playerbase or the legacy of their game, it's important to take a step back and try to enjoy what you liked about the game in the first place rather than finding more and more reasons to quit.

#118 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Curious as to what people think of having the costume headgears at 150 kp? These are trade-able while they are in the box, and account bound once taken out. We're getting a list together of good looking headgears that people would want to see added to the costume system, I would like to hear some suggestions on that as well.

#119 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Curious as to what people think of having the costume headgears at 150 kp? These are trade-able while they are in the box, and account bound once taken out. We're getting a list together of good looking headgears that people would want to see added to the costume system, I would like to hear some suggestions on that as well.

Honestly would just prefer to buy each one indivually and choose what I want. Oh, can you tell us what's gonna be in the groovepack please? :angel:

#120 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Mr Smile and Pink Hat lol

#121 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

Regular cute hats with no effects really (animated hats too please)

Gonna be a long list if you ask everyone their personal preferences though.
Stuff like Heart Ribbon Hairband, Toucan Hat, etc. Those would be funny to wear when kicking someone's butt. I'd laugh if a sura with a toucan on his head gfisted me. :angel:

Not saying to give these options to everyone but if it's in your inventory, you could use it. Really rare headgears <3
(which I don't have any of... ;__; )

Edited by Okii, 22 November 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#122 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

any predictions of what might be in the groovy? :angel:

I want a new slotted mid[1] gear!

#123 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

I would prefer if you would ask for it in a seperate thread.
Here it might just go down.
It would also be very appreciated, if the first post would be kept updating with any new suggestions, so that people can check this list first and suggestions won't made doubled and trippled...

Also I would love it if rare and valuable gears that only have a cute purpose are rare or "special" in custom version too.
That's not a must (and I won't be mad if not ^^), but it would be very nice, because if the costume version is aviable easily, the value of the original items would drop increadible low... :/

Edited by Rutana, 22 November 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#124 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

kvm medals in groove pack would be cool

#125 Zesty

Zesty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Not just you, and it's because everything's become so fast paced that there's no way for players that are genuinely new to keep up with their character's growth. you have to use outside sources to learn about the game--if you ask people about things they redirect you to some outside source, Maps are empty, MVP's are everywhere and killing newer players(DB summons too), Kafra is an obvious must for getting to the top in this game now, the community is fairly negative about their own views on Gravity (not RO, just Gravity) so that transfers onto the newer players, bots everywhere, inflation, MVPing is supposed to be memorable/profitable but it isn't, ticket system is extremely slow/unresponsive, services take days and replies to tickets do as well, etc etc etc. The list literally goes on and on.

lol It's funny, I don't come on the forums often, but when I first saw you show up you where really nice and optimistic about the game. Actually, a lot of people on here where like that, and now...well not so much. I wouldn't recommend lingering too much though, cause you might just become the thing that ruins this game for most everybody...witch is a specific type of veteran player...the jaded, bitter, spent too much money and now has buyers remorse type. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users